00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,422 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-04-11 05:51:25

watched the RAW, was alright for what it was, bonus is no JBL.... btw, just google the situation with Mauro Ranallo cause frankly I am surprised he lasted that long, and frankly it's more of a problem with management encouraging and turning a blind eye to a repeat offender like John Bradshaw Layfield, the miserable scumcunt. Basically the tl;dr is Mauro who has a long history of depression and mental struggles tweeted out that he won the Observer award for best announcer. JBL fucking loses it and acts like a spoiled child and proceeds to harass and bully and haze his fellow colliege for petty bullshit. Cause he's a cunt. fast forward, Mauro has a breakdown and promptly starts missing shows and is decidedly gone from WWE. And JBL is on a twitter blocking spree and has also commented on Justin Roberts new book and him pointing out the carny bullshit that was happening. JBL is a loser plain and simple.

In other news, go watch Sakura Genesis, cause frankly its a better product. Shibata vs Okada was brutal and amazing.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-04-19 11:10:31 (edited 2017-04-19 11:11:39)

Man, I was pulling for Jinder to win that free-for-all match, but was genuinely surprised he did. With Bray going to Raw, and AJ pretty much being a babyface no matter who he's fighting, SmackDown really needs a new marketable heel character. Owens is stuck in the US title scene for a while, and Corbin's push seems to be fizzing out.

Jinder has the look, the ring skills, and it seems like they might actually be handling him wisely this time. He has 5 weeks to build heat before his title opportunity, and they gave him the Bollywood Boys to protect him until he gets to that next level as a character.

It is a shame they'll use his race as a crutch for heat, but it's enough to get him started and grow into a genuinely despicable character. On Talking Smack, he may have shown a glimmer of that by calling himself "The new American Dream". If he really plays that up, as an immigrant stealing Dusty's legacy, he'll have more heat than he can handle. I could even see him donning the fucking polkadots and doing it super deadpan.

As long as he stays away from any angle where he comes off like a terrorist he'll do well.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-03 09:50:03 (edited 2017-05-03 09:50:22)

At 5/3/17 02:04 AM, EJR wrote:
At 5/2/17 10:01 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: So Kevin Owens beats Jericho to regain the United States title, then what was the point of Jericho beating Owens at payback?
WWE didn't wanna seem predictable is my guess.

Or to just +1 his title count before he leaves again.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-03 15:39:58 (edited 2017-05-03 15:40:25)

X-Pac has been accused of trafficking meth out of LAX.

Ruh-Roh Raggy. He might not be a part of any Kliq reunions for a while.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-18 21:21:44

At the NXT live show in Kentucky. Just saw a DIY match that ended with a ref stoppage due to a legit injury. Ruh-Roh.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-19 10:33:37

At 5/18/17 10:13 PM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 5/18/17 09:21 PM, ZJ wrote: At the NXT live show in Kentucky. Just saw a DIY match that ended with a ref stoppage due to a legit injury. Ruh-Roh.
Who got hurt?

Champa from what I've read

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-20 09:54:13

NXT TakeOver: Chicago predictions

Eric Young wins his match

Tyler Bate retains his title

#DIY win the tag-team titles

Asuka retains her title

Bobby Roode retains his title

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-21 23:12:19

At 5/21/17 10:51 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: Jinder mahal as the wwe champion, never thought I'd see the day

I'm still in shock and I will never stop believing he that shouldn't have gotten it at this time. Guy was a jobber and an afterthought until his most recent push. The title feels cheaper now.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-22 03:12:37

WTF. Jinder Mahal won the title.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-23 10:29:48

At 5/22/17 03:12 AM, lumiorfo wrote: WTF. Jinder Mahal won the title.

Pretty sure this is trolling to a degree. The fans keep inspired insisting we get new stars on top vs the old guys like Orton. So they use Jinder as a "be careful what you wish for" lesson.

Or they are just trying way too hard to sell the idea SmackDown is the land of opportunity.

Personally I don't have that big of an issue with it. He didn't win clean, and he's getting lots of heat. Is he really the best guy on the roster? No. But he's good enough to get the next top babyface over. After somebody beats Jinder, the bar for them isn't as high and they can have a long run against increasingly bad ass heels.

After mania is the perfect time for this kind of out-of-the-box experimentation. WWE won't have much competition for ratings until the NFL season starts so this all makes a lot of sense.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-05-30 03:40:42

Does anyone here think that Jeff Jarrett in 2000 WCW and Justin Credible in 2000 ECW were more overpushed than Roman Reigns?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-02 10:17:56

At 6/2/17 09:00 AM, FastbootsZA wrote: My predictions for extreme rules (winners in bold)

Roman Reigns Vs. Seth Rollins Vs. Finn Balor Vs. Bray Wyatt Vs. Samoa Joe (Universal Championship no. 1 contender fatal 5 way match)

This match has a lot of potential to set up a bunch of feuds. I'm pretty sure it's going to set up a Bray/Balor feud, and as much as I would love to see Joe vs Brock, I think they are going to need him to be the heel for either Reigns or Rollins going forward. It seems like maybe the Rollins Joe feud is over, and they need to keep throwing monsters at Reigns to make him feel like 'the big dog', so I'm picking Rollins to win this too, with Reigns as a close second.

The Hardy Boyz Vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (Raw tag team championship steel cage match)

I feel like the Raw tag division has very little movement right now. There's no other teams that feel like they are moving up, so I think Sheamus & Cesaro win this one and the Hardys take it back in the rematch. Then they will (hopefully) work with The Revival when they are done with Enzo and Cass.

Alexa Bliss Vs. Bayley (Raw women's championship kendo stick in a pole match)

The Raw women's division seems to have very little direction, but just watching Bayley's last title run, she wasn't really a very strong figurehead for the company. I think Alexa wins just because someone has to carry the division and she's been doing a solid job so far. Paige should be cleared to come back any day now too (Del Rio said she would be back in May in a Feb interview), so if they aren't still punishing her for all her personal drama, she could be Alexa's next big challenger.

Dean Ambrose Vs. The Miz (Intercontinental championship match)

I don't feel like Ambrose has really done anything to elevate that title. He's equally as amusing with or without the belt, whereas the Miz has been so great as a heel champion lately. I'm picking Miz just because it's best for business to give him a belt again.

Neville Vs. Austin Aries (Cruiserweight championship submission match)

This is a tough one to call. Whatever happens in the end will likely come down to TJP interfering. I'm picturing TJP getting involved and accidentally costing Neville the belt, then Neville and TJP can have a run against each other leading to TJP vs Aries later on.

Rich Swann & Sasha Banks Vs. Noam Dar & Alicia Fox

This seems like a throwaway match to me. The only function it can really serve is to pump up the crowd. Swann with Banks doing a little victory dance would probably server that purpose well, so that's my pick.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-05 11:18:39 (edited 2017-06-05 11:19:27)

At 6/4/17 10:55 PM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 6/2/17 09:00 AM, FastbootsZA wrote: My predictions for extreme rules (winners in bold)

Roman Reigns Vs. Seth Rollins Vs. Finn Balor Vs. Bray Wyatt Vs. Samoa Joe (Universal Championship no. 1 contender fatal 5 way match)

The Hardy Boyz Vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (Raw tag team championship steel cage match)

Alexa Bliss Vs. Bayley (Raw women's championship kendo stick in a pole match)

Dean Ambrose Vs. The Miz (Intercontinental championship match)

Neville Vs. Austin Aries (Cruiserweight championship submission match)

Rich Swann & Sasha Banks Vs. Noam Dar & Alicia Fox
Well I only got 1 prediction correct and that was Alexa Bliss retaining her title, and congrats to Miz, Sheamus & Cesaro on winning their respective titles, and congrats to Samoa Joe on becoming the #1 contender for the Universal title I am looking forward to see Joe Vs. Brock match.

I only got 2 wrong, but I couldn't be happier I picked the wrong winner for the #1 contender match because Joe is who I wanted! If his match with Brock is anywhere as good as his bouts with Kurt Angle were in TNA, we're in for a real treat.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-16 12:53:16

At 6/16/17 09:00 AM, FastbootsZA wrote: My predictions for Money in The Bank (winners in bold)

AJ Styles Vs. Dolph Ziggler Vs. Baron Corbin Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Kevin Owens (Money in the bank ladder match)

I'm picking Corbin too, with Owens as a second. I feel like it'll at least be a heel winner.

Jinder Mahal Vs. Randy Orton (WWE championship match)

I'm picking Jinder. I think he'll carry the belt to Summer Slam and lose it then.

Charlotte Flair Vs. Natalya Vs. Carmella Vs. Tamina Vs. Becky Lynch (Women's money in the bank ladder match)

I'm going underdog here and picking Carmella.

The Usos Vs. The New Day (Smackdown tag team championship match)

New Day needs to win so another heel team can get some steam.

Naomi Vs. Lana (Smackdown women's championship match)

I'm picking Naomi, but with the way they pulled Jinder up out of left field, who knows.

This is why I love SmackDown.... you really don't know what they are going to pull out of their hat. I can't actually figure out what matches SumemrSlam is going to have for SD, which makes picking winners at MITB really hard.

Raw, comparatively, feels much more predictable. The only unpredictable thing that's happened recently was Joe becoming #1 contender, and I'm 99% sure that only happened because Braun got hurt and Joe was the only other monster heel they could pop in his place (just like how Daniel Bryan only got pushed when they needed to fill CM Punk's spot).

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-18 10:10:07

My picks for tonight's PPV:

The Hype Bros win their match

Jinder retains his title

Baron Corbin wins the MITB briefcase

The New Day win the tag titles

Carmella wins the MITB briefcase

Naomi retains her title

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-19 10:41:41

Daily reminder that a man won the first ever Women's Money in the Bank ladder match.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-06-19 14:52:36

At 6/19/17 10:41 AM, ZJ wrote: Daily reminder that a man won the first ever Women's Money in the Bank ladder match.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. They hyped up how special a moment it was, but didn't let the girls do any really crazy spots, and had a man essentially win the match.

Also a reminder, Nakamura really phoned it in, only taking one notable bump in the actual match, and it was just a jump into the top rope. I actually was getting mad when it looked like he might actually win after all the other guys put in all the real sacrifice to sell the match.

All that said, I got all my picks right, even if the New Day win was by count-out. That was a clinic in tag team wrestling, so I'm glad they are going to draw the rivalry out longer.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-07-07 21:36:13

AJ Styles beat Kevin Owens for the US Title tonight at a house show.

Theories on why this happened? Injury? Wellness policy violation? Just to keep all of us on our toes?

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-07-10 11:27:45

At 7/7/17 09:36 PM, ZJ wrote: AJ Styles beat Kevin Owens for the US Title tonight at a house show.

Theories on why this happened? Injury? Wellness policy violation? Just to keep all of us on our toes?

Owens apparently worked a show after he lost the belt, so he's not injured, and I doubt he'd be working with a wellness violation.

I read a rumor they did it to fluff AJ's accomplishments on his DVD that's coming out next year, but they could have just had him win at Battleground, so I think that's bogus.

I'm wondering if they aren't just trying a ratings grab. When WCW, back in the day, leaked that Foley was winning the WWE title, people tuned in to RAW like crazy to see it. Maybe they're hoping news of the US title change will be a ratings draw on Tuesday.

If they didn't do it with that goal, I think they will see a ratings spike anyway. I'm far more curious to see what's going on with the US title than I am for the Great Balls of Fire fallout.

On that note, GBOF was a decent card. Matches were all pretty good and the booking wasn't terrible. But now that it's all over, I don't really care about any of the storylines anymore. They all feel like they were either tied up, or they are going to be continued longer than I want to see them.

I AM curious what's next for Joe though. I was worried they would just have him lose and move on to Reigns and/or Strowman vs Lesnar for Summerslam, and that Joe was just a filler opponent. But him and Brock had a good match and sold the idea that Joe is maybe Brock's equal. I still don't see him main eventing Summerslam, but I wouldn't be mad if he won the rumble and headlined Mania against Brock.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-07-10 18:14:19

At 7/10/17 05:58 PM, ChubbyMommy wrote:
At 7/10/17 11:27 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 7/7/17 09:36 PM, ZJ wrote: AJ Styles beat Kevin Owens for the US Title tonight at a house show.

Owens apparently worked a show after he lost the belt, so he's not injured, and I doubt he'd be working with a wellness violation.

I read a rumor they did it to fluff AJ's accomplishments on his DVD that's coming out next year, but they could have just had him win at Battleground, so I think that's bogus.
Apparently it has to do with Madison Square Garden being too expensive for TV events, so they do a lot of live events there. The only thing is that they don't sell out anymore so the reason they did the title change is so that the MSG events feel special again. That's basically what I've been hearing, and it makes sense. Realistically its a hot enough venue where it makes sense to lose a title there, and the story of the US championship isn't big enough to keep it to a PPV. I just wonder what direction they're going to take it in at Battleground.

I'm almost thinking Chad Gable vs. AJ Styles or some sort of combo of Chad/AJ/KO/Sami.

It's all 100% rumors now haha.

I've also read that they just decided Owens doesn't draw, so he's getting bumped from SummerSlam, and I've heard that it was just a way to get around the rematch clause thing way ahead of SummerSlam so they can pencil in AJ vs Nakamura after they hype their faceoff got a MOTB

I don't think we'll know for sure till Tuesday, unless they do more than simply mention it on RAW tonight.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-07-13 15:01:31

At 7/13/17 09:32 AM, MPPlantOfficial wrote:
At 7/10/17 06:14 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I've also read that they just decided Owens doesn't draw, so he's getting bumped from SummerSlam, and I've heard that it was just a way to get around the rematch clause thing way ahead of SummerSlam so they can pencil in AJ vs Nakamura after they hype their faceoff got a MOTB
It's sad that the US title currently feels more important than the main title. Orton is and has always been a midcard wrestler getting main card opportunities.

Defiitely sad. But I would disagree that Orton has always been a midcard level talent. He was insanely over when he split from Evolution back in the day, and years later he was always in the conversation of who the top heel in the company was (him and Edge owned the top heel card).

The problem is now that he's older, the cocky young legend killer angle doesn't apply to him, and the PG ratings have killed how far he can take the viper character. He's still one of the best in-ring talents as far as his ability to work, tell a story and adapt to multiple styles, he's just become very uninteresting as a character.

The fact they had to have his dad get harassed to make him remotely relate-able to the audience says a lot. I think his biggest problem is he has been coasting on his past too long and has failed to adapt and find his place with the current generation. But I wouldn't write him off just yet.

He definitely needs to get a chip on his shoulder again, and he really needs to be a heel. It's not all that hard to pull that off.

Maybe if Cena wins another world title, it could set something off. He should act like he's the one that was destined to break that record, being a AAA 3rd generation star and all. In his anger, maybe he aligns with a younger guy who and plays the mentor role. With the heat Cena gets, the fans would want him dethroned, so they wouldn't be as upset about Orton getting another run, as long as it wasn't during a huge show like Mania.

The magic would happen after that though. He would start demanding that the fans respect him because of his lineage and high title count, etc. Then AJ Styles would step up. Maybe he and his goon 'injure' AJ or something, putting him out of the picture (while WWE lets him do a movie or something), and they just run roughshod for a few PPVs, and getting a ton of heat from the fans, until AJ comes back to finish the job at a big event.

At that point, Orton would be a hot heel, and the fans would pay to see AJ take his belt. It would be a huge moment for AJ when he wins, because Orton can really be that good of a heel, and in the fallout, Orton could also help his new protege out by blaming them and turning on them. OR, maybe Orton beats AJ, but his protege wins the Royal Rumble and turns on him. Either way, he would be filling that top heel role well and either making a huge AJ moment, or building the next big babyface.

That's not even really out-of-the box booking either. They've done those types of angles tons of times, so it could happen. They just have to acknowledge using Orton as a babyface doesn't work because he's really not sympathetic, overly motivating, or any kind of underdog. He DOES, however, do a good job selling his arrogance when he wants, and he can back it up in the ring. Creative just needs to go back to that shit with him.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-07-23 23:22:27

Great Khali is back in WWE.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-16 05:10:54

RIP corbin

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-16 14:14:48

At 8/16/17 05:10 AM, SteelChair wrote: RIP corbin

Just found out about the failed cash-in last night. I was game for the idea that not everyone who gets the briefcase will successfully cash it in and become champion, but the way they did it (A damn distraction roll-up) was lame and it has hurt my interest in Sunday's show since I know that Baron is truly out of the title picture for now.

What a kick in the ass. :(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-17 01:57:50 (edited 2017-08-17 01:58:45)

At 8/16/17 02:14 PM, ZJ wrote:
What a kick in the ass. :(
At 8/16/17 09:18 AM, FastbootsZA wrote:
It's a shame that he will be buried by cena

don't worry, carmella will cash in and become the new wwe champ

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-18 00:41:16 (edited 2017-08-18 00:43:56)

At 8/16/17 09:18 AM, FastbootsZA wrote:
At 8/16/17 05:10 AM, SteelChair wrote: RIP corbin
It's a shame that he will be buried by cena

I really hate Cena and hope Corbin wins.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-18 01:16:09

Here are my picks for SummerSlam.

Cruiserweight Championship -- Akira Tozawa (c) vs. Neville (Kickoff Show). Neville should win.

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin. I want Baron Corbin.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt I want Finn Balor, if he does " The Demon. "

Raw Tag Team Championship -- Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins. I want Sheamus & Cesaro to win.

United States Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens. I want AJ Styles to win.

WWE Championship -- Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. I want . Shinsuke Nakamura to win.

Brock Lesnar (c) should win his match.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-19 15:47:41

pls let my precious waifu asuka retain pls

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-19 23:53:27 (edited 2017-08-19 23:53:49)

best ppv/10

asuka retained and that's all that matters

btw did you guys see the ghost debut?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2017-08-20 01:41:50

At 8/19/17 10:35 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: So Drew Mcintyre wins the NXT Title and gets attacked by Adam Cole after the match

Should be a good set up for a match.

BBS Signature