New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-10 20:33:15 Reply

Essentially everyone is saying that they want Jim Ross back on commentary.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-10 23:39:09 Reply

At 2/10/13 08:33 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Essentially everyone is saying that they want Jim Ross back on commentary.

No. Although he is a better face commentator than Jerry Lawler, that would be a no.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-11 05:18:26 Reply

At 2/10/13 08:33 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Essentially everyone is saying that they want Jim Ross back on commentary.

God no. People need to move on.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-11 22:44:45 Reply

At 2/11/13 05:18 AM, Shaun wrote: God no. People need to move on.

What would be so wrong with it? Ross has been consistent, and I have never understood the rush to push him aside. Gorilla Monsoon called matches for the company from around 1984 until 1994 or 95 when he was moved into the on air President role, and then phased out quietly and replaced with Sgt Slaughter as Commisioner, and then Vince became the on air authority figure. There's nothing wrong with someone serving long on commentary as long as they're good at it, and then when somebody who is actually better comes along? You move the old horse aside and put the new guy out there.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-12 09:33:31 Reply

I had no lectures this morning so stayed up until 4AM last night watching Raw live for the first time.

Pretty glad I did, Jericho vs Bryan was great.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-17 20:15:05 Reply

Elimination Chamber 2013 predictions

Big Show vs.Alberto del Rio

Elimination Chamber match: Chris Jericho

John Cena, Sheamus and Ryback vs. The Shield

The Rock vs. CM Punk

Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn

Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-17 22:29:22 Reply

I feel CM Punk would possibly be better off without Paul Hayman. Even with evidence brought forth that Hayman was using Brad and The Shield to keep Punk champ, Punk still sides with him.

curious

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Breadquanda
Breadquanda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-18 04:12:09 Reply

I really like the decision to give Jack Swagger the win here. He is incredible in the ring, and his new manager and gimmick suit him very well. I think he'll win the title at mania; I think an ADR Swagger feud would be very entertaining.

Other than that PPV was nothing special.

Ho Mar Gurred

bhsqad15
bhsqad15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-18 11:05:33 Reply

Today WWE announced that wrestlemania 30 will be held at Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans on April 6th 2014here is a link

8-25-11 = The birth of canas day

BBS Signature
omega88x
omega88x
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-19 00:21:22 Reply

I've missed some of RAW but the main thing that caught my attention was the rock's revealing of the new WWE championship belt. My opinion on it is that while it's pretty cool, I've always like cena's belt so it's kinda sad to see that belt go.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-21 03:32:11 Reply

So let's see what's going on in the world of WWE...

Oh look! Rock is debuting a new belt yay!!! Hated that spinner shit from day 1, and look he's talking about it not being a toy! Oh boy oh boy, they've totally gone away from that dreck redesign then I saw a couple months back they...OH WHAT THE FUCK??!! ITS THAT SAME SHIT DESIGN!!! Fuck you Mattel, I just know they have their hands in that damn thing. Either through direct edict, or through some note about it needing to be "toyetic" (it's a word, look it up). Fucking hell it sucks cock to be a wrestling fan who can remember shit from the 90s and before these days...

Jack Swagger has angered me, bad. Here I've been defending this guy since the shitty way they booked him after his MITB win, and what the fuck does he do during the biggest push of his career? Why he goes and gets himself arrested after RAW! DUI, possession of pot, some other shit. I'm thinking this guy gets jumped out of the Mania slot double quick, that or look for Daniel Bryan to lose his spot as the fastest loser at a WM. What a fucking idiot, there's guys that'd give their right testicle to be where he is, and he can't conduct himself in a smart manner? Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him, pull him out of the slot, and give it to somebody else who's worked hard and deserved it. How about my boy Wade Barrett? I'd love to see The Barret Barrage competing for the World Title live.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-21 15:36:23 Reply

At 2/21/13 03:32 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: So let's see what's going on in the world of WWE...

Oh look! Rock is debuting a new belt yay!!! Hated that spinner shit from day 1, and look he's talking about it not being a toy! Oh boy oh boy, they've totally gone away from that dreck redesign then I saw a couple months back they...OH WHAT THE FUCK??!! ITS THAT SAME SHIT DESIGN!!! Fuck you Mattel, I just know they have their hands in that damn thing. Either through direct edict, or through some note about it needing to be "toyetic" (it's a word, look it up). Fucking hell it sucks cock to be a wrestling fan who can remember shit from the 90s and before these days...

Besides the giant tacky W covering the belt, I think the design looks pretty cool. Looks more like the TNA world heavyweight championship, but like I said, the giant W kills it - that's what killed the other design. Apparently they didn't get that part when they made that thing again.

Jack Swagger has angered me, bad. Here I've been defending this guy since the shitty way they booked him after his MITB win, and what the fuck does he do during the biggest push of his career? Why he goes and gets himself arrested after RAW! DUI, possession of pot, some other shit. I'm thinking this guy gets jumped out of the Mania slot double quick, that or look for Daniel Bryan to lose his spot as the fastest loser at a WM. What a fucking idiot, there's guys that'd give their right testicle to be where he is, and he can't conduct himself in a smart manner? Fuck him. Seriously, fuck him, pull him out of the slot, and give it to somebody else who's worked hard and deserved it. How about my boy Wade Barrett? I'd love to see The Barret Barrage competing for the World Title live.

I completely agree. Contrary to your opinion, though, I never liked Swagger. I respect his in-ring ability but no one cares about his stale gimmick, and he resembles the charisma of a rock. I say throw Swagger a suspension and make an example out of him - he fucked up worse than Hardy. Either this guy has no head, doesn't appreciate his opportunities, and/or has the biggest ego in the world and thought that he could get away with anything. Barrett would have been perfect, though it looks like he'll be fighting Sheamus one way or another. They should've had Sheamus or Barrett vs Del rio in that main event, I don't understand this push. He comes back less than 3 weeks before EC and no one cares (before that he was jobbing to the entire roster), and then they push him into the main event at Wrestlemania. It's too sudden and to me it illustrates how the writers couldn't care less about the WHC.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-25 07:12:53 Reply

At 2/21/13 03:32 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Oh look! Rock is debuting a new belt yay!!! Hated that spinner shit from day 1, and look he's talking about it not being a toy! Oh boy oh boy, they've totally gone away from that dreck redesign then I saw a couple months back they...OH WHAT THE FUCK??!! ITS THAT SAME SHIT DESIGN!!! Fuck you Mattel, I just know they have their hands in that damn thing. Either through direct edict, or through some note about it needing to be "toyetic" (it's a word, look it up). Fucking hell it sucks cock to be a wrestling fan who can remember shit from the 90s and before these days...

I like the new belt. It still is a bit tacky, but it's better than the spinner belt. I'm just glad the World Heavyweight Championship hasn't been changed. To me that belt means something more than the WWE Championship.

Damn, that sucks. However I don't think they're gonna pull Swagger from WrestleMania. I have a feeling that Swagger will probably lose at WrestleMania, or at the least have Ziggler cash in Money in the Bank on him. I would love to see Alberto Del Rio vs. Wade Barrett, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-26 03:59:03 Reply

WWE RECAP

Top 5 Best
1. Ryback
2. Zeb Coulter
3. Alberto Del Rio
4. John Cena
5. Dolph Ziggler

Top 5 Worst
1. The Rock
2. The Prime Time Players
3. Kane and Daniel Bryan
4. The Great Khali
5. Brock Lesnar

Well tonight's episode of RAW wasn't all that great. We have Brock Lesnar back and Triple H back. So we're gonna have Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, I can already see that. Despite having a teary retirement speech from Triple H. Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler was a pretty damn good match I have to say. Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro was nothing special. John Cena vs. CM Punk was fucking awesome! Seeing CM Punk do a Piledriver and John Cena pull off a Hurricanrana blew my mind.

They showed an old advertisement for Wrestlemania 21, two advertisements for movies. I feel like this 3 hr. RAW plan isn't going so well, seeing as they're trying desperately to find filler. I haven't been watching Smackdown lately, but I think I will this Friday, 1. to see how it fares with it being a 2 hr. show. And 2. to see what Fandango is all about since we've been hearing about him for quite a while now.

BBS Signature
kill343guiltyspark
kill343guiltyspark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-26 12:25:35 Reply

CM Punk declares himself a god. See: Red circles on the inside of his taped up hands- a reference to the blood from the nails that held Jesus on the cross.

The Undertaker is an antichrist type figure. Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a story.

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-27 02:56:50 Reply

I do not think that Barrett can be a credible major title holder anymore after he and the entire Nexus got raped in the ass (no kidding) by Vince's love child. Alas, the Nexus days are long gone and Barrent has not been in the ME ever since, it is just too absurd to push this guy into the WHC picture without any real build up.
Make no mistake, I am arguably the biggest Barrett mark here and I want this guy to be a world champion, but the WWE has clearly screwed up the plan. I am afraid that he will end up with being a "could have, should have" guy just like MVP.

BBS Signature
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-02-27 23:03:34 Reply

Monday was the best RAW I've seen in years, hands-down; it started off with awesomeness, and it ended with it.

I was expecting Taker to go after Lesnar, just because they have actual irl disdain for each other, and it'd make for an awesome match. However, what Trips did was some of the most awesome shit I've seen on RAW in ages. Brock's busted noggin left blood trails all over the damn place, and he sold the 2nd header-into-the-pole perfectly.

Cena vs. Punk was far more awesome than I'd expected. Punk's piledriver surprised the hell out of me, and I was actually impressed w/ Cena for pulling a Hurricanrana, of all things. Given Cena's size, that move could've gone horribly wrong; so the fact that he pulled it off was applaud-worthy.

I was gonna say how glad I was to see Swagger back, not jobbing & all, but then I saw what avie said.......gahdamnit. I hate it when people w/ a lot of talent & potential take their careers for granted. I mean, I didn't think he was gonna win anyway (or, if he did, Dolph would obviously cash in & take it anyway), but for fuck's sake, man!

Mark Henry, on the other hand, I can still say good things about right now. I'm actually surprised he hadn't retired after the injury, which he still worked through for some time afterward, iirc; I figured he was done. But nope, he's back to maiming the roster in the way that only he can, and he hasn't lost his touch whatsoever. :P

After last week's Main Event, I'm wondering if we'll see Show vs. Miz at WM.

At 2/26/13 12:25 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote: CM Punk declares himself a god. See: Red circles on the inside of his taped up hands- a reference to the blood from the nails that held Jesus on the cross.

The Undertaker is an antichrist type figure. Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a story.

You be onto something. Taker has to face somebody; since Trips has Lesnar, and I can only assume Punk will be in a WM match somewhere, this makes absolute sense.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-03 17:18:34 Reply

ROH:

Huh......I guess they're gonna turn Shelton face? It makes sense, since they certainly as hell couldn't turn Haas that way, given how much of a complete prick he's been made into. Should make for some frigging awesome matches.

Steen's slight attitude shift the week before hasn't disappeared, as he's still invoking the Code of Honor.....even if he did Piledrive someone for not leaving the ring just a bit earlier. Guess Cornette just tends to piss people off. :P I still find the irony in Lethal's previous Steen-fueled rampage getting of the one guy that Steen wanted gone to be rather amusing.

Martini is a sick man, but damned if he ain't excellent on the mic.

TNA:

The camera crew catches Styles on a motorcycle, and then at the end we see Angle shitting a brick over the A's & 8's guy he just unmasked............CALLED IT.

I'm still surprised Matt Morgan hasn't oifficially joined their gang yet.......

Finally, Rob Terry turns full-face, after weeks of quickly winning the audience over. Given how annoying Robbie E's gotten, he really needed this; completely destroying the spiky-haired troll will have the fans eating out of the palm of his hand.

I forgot to mention, I'd finally bookmarked Wrestlecrap on my Firefox, and I've been enjoying it for the last several weeks. (Btw, Claire Lynch won the Gooker - as if anyone should be surprised.) One thing gets on my nerves about them, though: For some reason, they keep ragging on 2 things that I think have been doing great: The A's & 8's angle & Miz's face turn. They do give major props to both The Shield and Mark Henry picking up where he left off, though.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-03 17:22:50 Reply

Crap, forgot to mention: Rumor has it, that due to the ban on Piledrivers not done by Taker, that Vince blew a gasket when Punk Piledrove Cena. Any confirmation on that? My Best of WWE 2010 magazine did mention a Piledriver ban (again, excluding Taker's Tombstone), so I wouldn't be surprised. If so, it just makes it more awesome. :P

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-04 23:57:03 Reply

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker confirmed.

now to wonder who will win

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-05 13:34:55 Reply

That Rock and Cena promo last night was not nearly as stimulating as the promos from last year. It wasn't nearly intense enough.

It wasn't the script that was bad, i don't blame the writers for this one. The deliverance wasn't too good, especially on Cena's part

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-05 13:37:26 Reply

At 3/3/13 05:22 PM, Swackman wrote: Crap, forgot to mention: Rumor has it, that due to the ban on Piledrivers not done by Taker, that Vince blew a gasket when Punk Piledrove Cena. Any confirmation on that? My Best of WWE 2010 magazine did mention a Piledriver ban (again, excluding Taker's Tombstone), so I wouldn't be surprised. If so, it just makes it more awesome. :P

yeah, definitely a bit of a mistake on Punk's part if that's true. Still, you can't argue against an amazing match like that and i saw some different spots from each of them that i would have never expected.

JohnCena423
JohnCena423
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-06 08:00:57 Reply

Paul bearer passes away

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-06 19:15:27 Reply

At 3/5/13 01:34 PM, Piemix wrote: That Rock and Cena promo last night was not nearly as stimulating as the promos from last year. It wasn't nearly intense enough.

It wasn't the script that was bad, i don't blame the writers for this one. The deliverance wasn't too good, especially on Cena's part

I was just gonna mention that. That segment on Monday was pretty dry. I was expecting a lot more as both guys tend to deliver well on the mic, and last year they did do a much better job of cutting those things.

Punk winning that Fatal-4-Way was painfully obvious knowing that Orton, Sheamus and Show were feuding with the Shield (Show started 6 days before on SD). The idea of Punk and Taker doesn't really interest me too much. I don't really know how Punk's personality will match up with Taker's gimmick, but we will see. Maybe they might even let Punk wrestle Taker's last match next month, and we'll end at 21-0.

I know I probably shouldn't but I have been just absolutely loving Del Rio's feud with Swagger. The promos they're cutting, the confrontations they've been having, and even they're own individual matches have been making me excited for their match at WM. Although I'm pretty sure Del Rio will win, both guys have been impressing me a lot in the ring and I'm curious to see what kind of match they will put together.

On a more important note, rumor has it that DB might be shaving his beard soon.

Also here's a pic of me with Zack Ryder last December

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-06 20:05:42 Reply

At 3/6/13 08:00 AM, JohnCena423 wrote: Paul bearer passes away

Yeah, I just saw the 'In Memory' thing flash on the screen. My sincerest condolences; we've just lost one of the most memorable managers in WWE history.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-07 16:38:38 Reply

I am sad that Paul Bearer died. He was one of my favorite managers. Loved hearing that creepy voice. I didn't think that when Kane "killed" him, that was gonna be the last time we would see him.

At 3/6/13 07:15 PM, mothballs wrote: On a more important note, rumor has it that DB might be shaving his beard soon.

I see a future Hair vs. Beard match from Kane and Daniel Bryan.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-07 18:31:20 Reply

At 3/7/13 04:38 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/6/13 07:15 PM, mothballs wrote: On a more important note, rumor has it that DB might be shaving his beard soon.
I see a future Hair vs. Beard match from Kane and Daniel Bryan.

Even better... a Mask vs. Beard match?

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-10 15:02:21 Reply

One match I am DYING to see at this year's WrestleMania, but I don't know if it will be done is Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara. I want this match so badly. Does anybody have any news of this possibly happening?

Also I wanted to see Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania. That would have blown the roof off that place. I wanted that last year, but sadly we got Triple H vs. The Undertaker with this end of the era gimmick which was just piss poor. Don't get me wrong, the match was awesome, but the set-up was just so piss poor. Then they threw in Shawn Michaels, and... why? Why, why why WHY?

So this year with Jericho still here and The Undertaker popping up again, I was hoping that would be announced. However it's gonna be CM Punk vs. The Undertaker. Really? REALLY? Don't get me wrong, CM Punk is a great wrestler, I am not doubting him at all, but if they have CM Punk end The Undertaker's streak, then the WWE will make a great heel in CM Punk, but it will tarnish both Punk and The Undertaker down the line.

The Undertaker could build CM Punk up in the WWE (it worked with The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair), so there is a positive there.

Oh and Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar... again. You know WWE, you have all this young talent ready to play with. Why not use some of them? Nope, we gotta have not one repeat match, but two repeat matches. Look John Cena vs. The Rock was awesome, but damn it is just so obvious that John Cena is gonna win the belt... we ALL KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! If you do it otherwise then you will screw yourselves big time. So WWE, you have put yourselves into a small little box.

BBS Signature
MattTheParanoidKat
MattTheParanoidKat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-11 08:03:12 Reply

WrestleMania... I am actually hoping they let the UnderTaker die. It'll be surreal as fuck but it would be something that'll come last minute. Like, before they both go out they say who is going over. I want Punk to win, but I think that is not going to happen.

I was more shocked at Punk beating Orton clean.

Twice in a Lifetime, who cares.

If Dolph Ziggler doesn't cash in just abort the gimmick now.

Women's wrestling is dead on the main roster.

Bork Laser vs H3. Yeah, yawn, No-Holds Barred. we know this shit.

Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Melancholy
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2013-03-11 14:13:58 Reply

Undertaker vs. Sting would have been an awesome Mania Match...that is the match that I want to see above all else.

BBS Signature