00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,776 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 10:51:36

At 5/9/16 04:01 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/9/16 03:21 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I think you have that backwards. They don't turn stables into jobbers, they put jobbers in stables. Sometimes it works, like with the New Day, sometimes it's passable, like Social Outcasts, and sometimes they just have no connection to the audience, with heat or likeability. That about sums up the League of Nations.
I miss the old school stables like the nWo. They were not jobbers and always had each other's back. Plus a cool concept and catch phrases.

For a faction to really work, it can't be a manufactured group. Look at some of the greatest factions of all time:

The Funks
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
The Horsemen
The Harts
nWo/DX (aka the Kliq)
The Radicals
New Day

One thing they all had in common is they were all really close friends or family before they joined together. You can also take the Shield as an example where 2 of the guys had an existing bond, and the 3rd guy fit in really well when they got together out of the ring.

These guys all cared about each other as a group and were invested enough that they worked together to come up with ideas, play with promos, etc etc. When you saw them on-screen, they were giving you content they had put their hearts into, and they always felt really organic.

League of Nations really lacked that. Watching them on TV, you never felt any real kinship between the guys, with the exception of Barret and Shamus. Unfortunately, Barret spent too much time injured, and Shamus had just come off a garbage title run, so they never had a chance to build on that. Del Rio and Rusev were not invested in the group at all, and you could feel that. Most of us didn't want to see that faction on TV anymore. Being talented wrestlers individually just wasn't enough.

The good news is with more of the Bullet Club guys coming over, and the angle with Styles/Gallows/Anderson building 'The Club' name in WWE (not to mention the inevitable call-up of Balor), I think you're going to get a proper faction that doesn't job out every week very soon.

We could even see a more permanent faction come from Reigns and the Usos. Naomi, Tamina and Nia Jax could all join in for a more gender diverse group than we've seen before, assuming they pull the trigger and let Reigns (and the Uso's) go heel.

On that note, the Styles/Reigns dynamic has actually gotten kind of fun. It's like they are challenging each other to see who will turn heel first. "ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE THE GOOD GUY"

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 13:23:38

At 5/10/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: The Funks
The Von Erichs
The Freebirds
The Horsemen
The Harts
nWo/DX (aka the Kliq)
The Radicals
New Day
3MB

Fix'd.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-10 20:13:59

At 5/10/16 10:51 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: On that note, the Styles/Reigns dynamic has actually gotten kind of fun. It's like they are challenging each other to see who will turn heel first. "ONLY ONE OF US CAN BE THE GOOD GUY"

They could pull the John Cena and be a face/heel forever. WWE has this new blurring the lines thing going on with certain wrestlers.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-18 17:06:38

At 5/18/16 12:19 PM, DomoMekko wrote: Another match added to extreme rules

The Usos vs. Gallows and and Anderson in a Texas tornado tag team match

Hopefully, the Usos lose. They are terrible and have no skills. Apparently, anybody related to the Rock can be a wrestler. lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 13:00:12

At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today

They would be midcard at best. Maybe a tag team?

They were both okay, but really overrated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 13:29:55

At 5/20/16 01:00 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/16 12:11 PM, DomoMekko wrote: You know I always wonder what could be Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit be doing if they were alive today

Eddie and Benoit were easily 2 of the bust workers of their era, and Eddie had a genuine superstar character on top of it all. What the hell are you smoking?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 14:35:24

At 5/20/16 01:42 PM, DomoMekko wrote:

They would be in their late 40's so I think that they would be retired

I imagine if Benoit lived and never had any of that brain damage, he'd be working at the performance center. Eddie would still be on TV in some form, and we never would have gotten any real Vickie Guererro runs.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 15:27:08

At 5/20/16 01:29 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:

Eddie and Benoit were easily 2 of the bust workers of their era, and Eddie had a genuine superstar character on top of it all. What the hell are you smoking?

Let me predict his response here for you, PG:

They do not have the charisma of Hulk Hogan, though. They are not superstars like he was. Highly overrated. Anything that is not Hulk Hogan is overrated. I wish Hulk Hogan could clone himself and come back to the WWE so that we could just have Hulk Hogan take on Hulk Hogan during every show.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-20 16:31:27

At 5/20/16 03:27 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 5/20/16 01:29 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:

Let me predict his response here for you, PG:

They do not have the charisma of Hulk Hogan, though. They are not superstars like he was. Highly overrated. Anything that is not Hulk Hogan is overrated. I wish Hulk Hogan could clone himself and come back to the WWE so that we could just have Hulk Hogan take on Hulk Hogan during every show.

Well you're in luck, Roman Reigns is actually the Samoan clone of none other than, HULK HOGAN!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-21 21:22:07

At 5/20/16 03:27 PM, ZJ wrote: They do not have the charisma of Hulk Hogan, though. They are not superstars like he was. Highly overrated. Anything that is not Hulk Hogan is overrated. I wish Hulk Hogan could clone himself and come back to the WWE so that we could just have Hulk Hogan take on Hulk Hogan during every show.

This is one salty mod.

Don't hate Hulk Hogan so much. He is enjoying his money, and will come back to wrestling when he is ready.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-21 21:30:16

I don't even know what's the card but fuck it, i'm gonna watch Extreme Rules anyway!
No wait, i saw WhatCulture Wrestling's prediction video a few days ago. Ok i might know some of the card but i don't think anything important will happen.

How many former successful world champions do you know that ever ended up as a mediocre midcard tag team?

4/10 for making me reply.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-22 00:06:36

At 5/21/16 09:30 PM, Radaketor wrote: How many former successful world champions do you know that ever ended up as a mediocre midcard tag team?

It happened to Kane and Undertaker, and half the The Dudley Boys.

4/10 for making me reply.

The is a low ranking, but I will take it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-22 19:10:11 (edited 2016-05-22 19:13:26)

So, we're all good with AJ jobbing clean tonight and Roman retaining the title? Yeah? Cool.

Also nobody is returning or debuting today. Calling it now. Cesaro walks out as IC champ too btw.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-22 23:35:09

At 5/22/16 07:10 PM, ZJ wrote:
Also nobody is returning or debuting today. Calling it now. Cesaro walks out as IC champ too btw.

Well first the Miz retained the title. Same with The New Day and Reigns. In some way I'm kinda glad Rusev is the new champion. No offense at all to Kalisto, but this gives Rusev a chance to at least get a little more of the spotlight.

And Seth Rollins returned! Was not expecting that. I mean I heard rumors he was coming back but I just brushed it off as being just that. Rumors. And 99% of the time they're never right. But I'm actually okay with this.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-23 16:37:36

Seth FUCKING Rollins.

Great way to salvage the show. Was great all the way through but ending on Roman going over clean again would have been such a downer.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-23 18:00:38

At 5/23/16 04:37 PM, TheMaster wrote: Seth FUCKING Rollins.

Great way to salvage the show. Was great all the way through but ending on Roman going over clean again would have been such a downer.

That fucking Asylum match though. That was the match of the night for me. Seeing Jericho slammed back first into a pile of thumb tacks made sitting through the preshow and having the network suddenly go offline for me more than once worth it.

Though Style and Reigns just sorta casually walking through the audience til one of them hits the other out of nowhere made me not like that main event as much as I would have. Overall it was kinda eh already but it had some pretty okay moments.

also I feel like I'm one of the only people who actually LIKES Roman Reigns

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-24 00:37:47

The PPV was okay, but disappointed that Jericho and AJ lost. I knew AJ would lose, but still didn't like it.

RAW was okay. I sense that the Club are doing a fake brake up, so they can pull a swerve and reunite in a grand fashion. Would be great to see AJ get the belt before Seth or Cena get the chance.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-25 09:16:50

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-25 09:28:22

At 5/25/16 09:16 AM, ZJ wrote: In July, Smackdown is moving to Tuesdays and will be live. There will also be a draft to separate the WWE roster into two distinct groups, one for Raw and one for Smackdown.

Big news. What do you guys think of this? I'm pretty stoked for it.

All for it.

Mostly because this means 2-hour Smackdowns with actual storylines, not just filler. I'll take that over 3 hour Raws any day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-25 10:05:03

Ah, forgot to post here what i thought about the PPV after watching it live. Meh, don't remember much anymore but i kinda liked it. The IC match was really awesome but the Asylum match was crappy. The ending of the show is just proof that there's gonna be a Shield championship match at SummerSlam. My prediction, Dean wins Money in the Bank, Seth fights Roman on the same PPV, shit happens maybe Ambrose cashes in on the same night, fun times all around.

Also as a bonus, i realize tacks are a pain no matter where they penetrate your skin bit is there a picture that better represents the PG era than this? Maybe if it was Roman wailing over a thumbtack on his arm.

At 5/22/16 12:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/21/16 09:30 PM, Radaketor wrote: How many former successful world champions do you know that ever ended up as a mediocre midcard tag team?
It happened to Kane and Undertaker, and half the The Dudley Boys.

Let me repeat myself since you apparently didn't get it the first time.
successful world champions
mediocre midcard tag team

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-25 10:22:02

At 5/25/16 09:16 AM, ZJ wrote: In July, Smackdown is moving to Tuesdays and will be live. There will also be a draft to separate the WWE roster into two distinct groups, one for Raw and one for Smackdown.

Sounds good. The last time they did it, the competition made it more exciting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-25 16:49:37

See the lads from WhatCulture have set up a fucking wrestling promotion now?

That's a hell of a rise - about a year from doing top 10 lists on Youtube to putting on an actual real life wrestling show.

I'm going to be in the city they're launching it in on the day of the show so will be going along. British indie wrestling is very solid these days so expect a decent show.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-26 22:24:22

Smackdown was kinda boring tonight. Golden Truth lost again. The Miz almost lost his belt to " the Swiss Superman. " Seth came out and insulted the fans trying to get heat.

The roster split can't come soon enough.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-26 23:59:34

At 5/26/16 10:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Smackdown was kinda boring tonight. Golden Truth lost again. The Miz almost lost his belt to " the Swiss Superman. " Seth came out and insulted the fans trying to get heat.

The roster split can't come soon enough.

cant wait for the roster split, itll make smackdown have a purpose again

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-27 09:01:36

At 5/25/16 04:49 PM, TheMaster wrote: See the lads from WhatCulture have set up a fucking wrestling promotion now?

That's a hell of a rise - about a year from doing top 10 lists on Youtube to putting on an actual real life wrestling show.

Just give it another year or two, Blampied will be working for creative, Jack jobbing on Superstars/in a tag team with Ryder, King Ross doing recap shows, Simon will be surpassing Goldberg's streak, Pacitti will be the GM of Raw/Smackdown and Kenny will still be doing podcasts because F*ck Kenny.
Legit marked out when Adam cashed-in, by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-27 09:05:43

At 5/27/16 09:01 AM, Radaketor wrote: Just give it another year or two, Blampied will be working for creative, Jack jobbing on Superstars/in a tag team with Ryder, King Ross doing recap shows, Simon will be surpassing Goldberg's streak, Pacitti will be the GM of Raw/Smackdown and Kenny will still be doing podcasts because F*ck Kenny.
Legit marked out when Adam cashed-in, by the way.

Still waiting on a Maffew run in. They're Newcastle based, you'd think a Botchamania crossover would be inevitable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-27 13:56:07

At 5/26/16 11:59 PM, ohsnapitzjd wrote: cant wait for the roster split, itll make smackdown have a purpose again

I like the split, but not a fan of two different champions. Would rather see one that can go to either show.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-27 19:58:35

At 5/27/16 01:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/26/16 11:59 PM, ohsnapitzjd wrote: cant wait for the roster split, itll make smackdown have a purpose again
I like the split, but not a fan of two different champions. Would rather see one that can go to either show.

thats how it was when they did the brand extension waaaaay back in 2002, only the champion could go on both shows

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-28 02:02:19

At 5/27/16 07:58 PM, ohsnapitzjd wrote: thats how it was when they did the brand extension waaaaay back in 2002, only the champion could go on both shows

I remember. Two champions is a lame gimmick. You only need one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-05-28 12:01:03

BBS Signature