00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,516,369 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-12 03:23:58

At 8/11/12 10:15 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen I am done watching WWE. Goodbye.

It will fall. I've seen this path before, WCW went down a similar route. Only give focus on money on one aspect of the show. The other guys have only one job and that is to put on a good match and keep their mouths shut. With this direction that the WWE has been going it does make me wonder why Chris Jericho has come back.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-12 05:47:09

At 8/12/12 03:23 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/11/12 10:15 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen I am done watching WWE. Goodbye.
It will fall. I've seen this path before, WCW went down a similar route. Only give focus on money on one aspect of the show. The other guys have only one job and that is to put on a good match and keep their mouths shut. With this direction that the WWE has been going it does make me wonder why Chris Jericho has come back.

i was wondering the exact same thing, jericho should've been long gone by now. If he still leaves before it becomes complete shit maybe he'll still have a name for himself.

Apart from that i really wanna rant on CM punk's transformation, i think they really should realize that nobody wants shitty cena to be champ again.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-12 06:32:06

At 8/12/12 05:47 AM, FreakAM wrote: i was wondering the exact same thing, jericho should've been long gone by now. If he still leaves before it becomes complete shit maybe he'll still have a name for himself.

Jericho still has a name for himself. Fans love to hate him. Anybody who gets him, gets gold. Shoot Hulk Hogan's name still carried weight after WCW went down.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-12 08:07:11

Goodbye,make sure you change your icon too.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-12 11:11:30

At 8/12/12 06:32 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Jericho still has a name for himself. Fans love to hate him. Anybody who gets him, gets gold. Shoot Hulk Hogan's name still carried weight after WCW went down.

he might still have a name, but it just isn't the same as the day's of the edge and Jericho rivalry or even some time back when he was mentoring wade. That was still a classic Y2J, but now, against dolph ziggler... well i dont really know, it's not like i hate Jericho or anything, but i think he's just throwing away a chance to go down in the greats of when WWE was actually watchable.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-13 19:43:15

Guys am I the only one disappointed now that there is only
for 4 matches for summerslam?Seriously thats messed up.
Yeah sure is the best paper-view of the summer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-13 19:45:50

At 8/11/12 09:24 PM, Wavepad wrote: I seriously think that I forgot a match.

Yeah I did,
Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-14 02:20:48

AW: Fired from WWE for making a rape joke

Mike Tyson: Convicted rapist in 1992, WWE Hall of Famer

Am I missing something?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-14 03:02:54

At 8/14/12 02:20 AM, mothballs wrote: AW: Fired from WWE for making a rape joke

Mike Tyson: Convicted rapist in 1992, WWE Hall of Famer

Am I missing something?

Yes, it's not the Attitude Era anymore. Also they'll probably say that Tyson paid for his crime and did his time before he came to WWE (which is true), or that they're not the same as they were then (which is sort of true...but tenous, they really need to learn they can't just ignore inconvenient parts of their history).

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-14 17:05:13

Raw wasn't that cool despite the fact that having Pauly D there it
was really stupid,also I was really looking forward to Big Show vs CM Punk
but anger issued Daniel Bryan interrupted it,jeez,whats his stupid problem.He
doesn't deserve to face people like John Cena,CM Punk,Big Show etc.But really
replace him with Rey Mysterio he deserves it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-16 13:09:25

WWE used to be awesome until chris benoit died

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-16 21:55:51

At 8/16/12 01:09 PM, CanYouBreakTheCode wrote: WWE used to be awesome until chris benoit died

Which time heals wounds. WWE needs to talk about Chris Benoit again. It was horrible what happened to him and what he did, but if we still need to recognize what he did for the WWE. I mean Mr. Perfect certainly wasn't perfect if some of you recall.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-16 23:47:54

Let me consider
Perhaps I'll join

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-17 01:21:51

......Wait, the reason that Benoit's been completely ignored by the company is due to his family, and not WWE itself? And here, all this time, I was blaming the wrong people......well, as far as that part of the matter is concerned.

Do they not get that concussion damage makes people go bonkers? That, despite it being tragic, it wasn't truly his fault?

Seriously, enough........this shit is pissing me off now. This is wrong.

What comment did AW make, exactly? He was really annoying, so I'm glad he's off, but still, what was it he said?

@Mudkips: Y'know, there's still ROH and, dare I say it, Impact, so ya don't have to leave this club yet......and the actual wrestling's better in both, too. WAY BETTER.

Actually, the Impact storylines right now aren't that bad. Maybe they put Russo back on his leash......

In speaking of Vince's senility, when is Trips ever gonna get full reign? And would he do things better?

Punk's.......sorta heel turn.....after this last episode, I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Maybe this is leading somewhere better.

At least WWE '13 is looking pretty good.....

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-17 08:47:23

At 8/17/12 08:19 AM, SCTE3 wrote: You mean Ryback? I was thinking last night I wouldn't mind seeing him in a match with Tensai or Kane.

That's a pipe dream. He's just gonna be used as a crusher. Like with Tensai and Kane are now. Remember when Kane was actually a threat.

Hopefully so, he does well when a hell or a face.

CM Punk can do a great heel, there is no doubting that at all. However with Cena being a face it is gonna end up being very cliched at what will happen next. Cena is the one who needs to turn heel, NOT CM Punk.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-17 09:37:21

At 8/17/12 08:54 AM, SCTE3 wrote: As much as I would love to see this I really doubt they will do it seeing as he's the cash cow.

But that's such an idiotic statement to make! John Cena would pull the business in so much money if he were to turn heel. Yeah he brings in money through merchandise and he's pretty much a golden boy. However there are somethings you just have to let go at times. Some things just aren't meant to last forever and John Cena's gimmick won't keep him going forever.

I dunno. Perhaps I'm just being a cynic, I mean there were people who didn't like Hulk Hogan for being to goody-two shoes, which made people love the different heels he went against and made them stronger in the end. However Cena doesn't seem to do that sadly.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-17 18:25:41

At 8/17/12 08:47 AM, The-Great-One wrote: That's a pipe dream. He's just gonna be used as a crusher. Like with Tensai and Kane are now. Remember when Kane was actually a threat.

WWE was more interesting with Kane as a threat with his damage,destruction,but WWE isn't really
as hardcore as they used to be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-18 04:41:28

At 8/18/12 04:11 AM, MudkipsPiano wrote: Yeah but you gotta understand, all the money that Vince makes is off Cena, nothing else. and if they were gonna go with a Cena heel turn, they'd have to change a lot of things first to bring in a new way of making money and dragging in a different audience.

Isn't that the point of adapting or has WWE just been stumbling about. Remember how Stone Cold Steve Austin changed audiences? How about what Hulk Hogan did? Shoot Hulk Hogan changed wrestling fans twice! You're telling me that instead of turning Cena heel it is better just to use him as a cash cow? That's just laziness and it shows.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-18 10:08:00

Summerslam 2012 Predictions (Edited)

Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro

Triple H s. Brock Lesnar

CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Big Show

Kane vs. Daniel Bryan

Chris Jerichovs. Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus vs. Alberto del Rio

R Truth and Kofi Kingston vs. The Prime Time Players

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-18 10:22:04

Dolph Ziggler's actions on friday was seriously is not going to help
him win at summerslam its just going to make him angrier and put more
rage into his attacks and he will just win.Also even though Sheamus is injured
Dolph might not have a chance to win if Jericho wins and hurts him bad. So Dolph
will maybe cash in but fail.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-18 14:02:56

At 8/18/12 10:08 AM, Wavepad wrote: Summerslam 2012 Predictions (Edited)

Chris Jerichovs. Dolph Ziggler

I wish the match was for the MITB briefcase

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-18 15:23:38

At 8/18/12 02:02 PM, CanYouBreakTheCode wrote: I wish the match was for the MITB briefcase

Wait,didn't you leave newgrounds?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-19 10:09:23

At 8/17/12 01:21 AM, Swackman wrote: At least WWE '13 is looking pretty good.....

The graphics in the game look really good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-20 03:50:52

At 8/17/12 01:21 AM, Swackman wrote: ......Wait, the reason that Benoit's been completely ignored by the company is due to his family, and not WWE itself? And here, all this time, I was blaming the wrong people......well, as far as that part of the matter is concerned.

Huh? WWE made a very clear decision to basically edit Benoit from history as much as possible and never mention him again. With good god damn reason to.

Do they not get that concussion damage makes people go bonkers? That, despite it being tragic, it wasn't truly his fault?

Oh horse shit! I'm not saying that concussion damage wasn't a factor, I believe it was, but there were other factors too:

1. Eddie Guerrero, his best friend in the world died and there's evidence from a journal Benoit threw out a day or two before the murders that he clearly had some intent about "joining" Eddie, or at least saw that as a desirable outcome

2. Benoit was a JBL level ass in the back. He mistreated younger guys coming in, hazed them, fucked with them, did all kinds of nasty shit to them. It didn't get reported because the internet mostly covered for it's darling. I'm not saying this proves he was a murderer, but it goes towards being proof the guy had a history of not being the nicest human being in the world.

3. His crimes were not committed minutes apart...in fact, they were not committed on the same DAY. There's also the fact that he was mentally competent enough to call his employer, and do the wrestling equivalent of calling in sick, and saying he wouldn't make the PPV that sunday. He also had the presence of mind to contact other wrestlers and spam them his address repeatedly (which I can only presume was so the bodies would be found after he checked out himself).

Seriously, enough........this shit is pissing me off now. This is wrong.

You're right. WWE should absolutely start actively promoting and recognizing someone who brutally killed his wife and child, then killed himself rather then face justice. Regardless of the factors that pushed him to it, he committed a disgusting disgusting crime and anything he did in mother fucking wrestling PALES in comparison and DOES NOT MATTER in the face of that. WWE is right not to mention him, stick him on any compilation DVD's (but I agree his matches should be included on any DVD that purports to be a complete show on which Benoit did wrestle), or do anything to make ANY kind of money off of him. It's morally and politically correct for the company to be doing.

What comment did AW make, exactly? He was really annoying, so I'm glad he's off, but still, what was it he said?

He made a joke about the rape allegations against Koby Bryant a few years ago...pretty tasteless, and really not something that was necessary, nor is welcome in the image the company is trying to promote right now. Whether you think it's right or wrong, the company has a standard and an image it wants to promote, and if you can't get on board with that...they'll move on without you.

@Mudkips: Y'know, there's still ROH and, dare I say it, Impact, so ya don't have to leave this club yet......and the actual wrestling's better in both, too. WAY BETTER.

Tend to agree, try other promotions and products before giving up altogether, the stuff is out there, Impact and ROH are free shows...and there's still DVDs from various indies you can get at a reasonable price.

Actually, the Impact storylines right now aren't that bad. Maybe they put Russo back on his leash......

Russo has been gone for months...and the product improved...I doubt there's a coincidence there. Nor the fact that Bischoff seems less and less interested in a lot of what happens on TV.

In speaking of Vince's senility, when is Trips ever gonna get full reign?

Yes, H is taking on more and more responsibility, so certainly Vince is smartly grooming both he and Steph to transition into running the company.

And would he do things better?

Hard to say exactly what he'd do until he does it...he certainly has a genuine love for the business, but how much of his views and visions now are colored by the old man? How much has he come to agree with and how far towards old school values would he really be willing to go? Time will tell.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-21 13:24:23

At 8/20/12 03:50 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 8/17/12 01:21 AM, Swackman wrote: Do they not get that concussion damage makes people go bonkers? That, despite it being tragic, it wasn't truly his fault?
Oh horse shit! I'm not saying that concussion damage wasn't a factor, I believe it was, but there were other factors too:

1. Eddie Guerrero, his best friend in the world died and there's evidence from a journal Benoit threw out a day or two before the murders that he clearly had some intent about "joining" Eddie, or at least saw that as a desirable outcome

2. Benoit was a JBL level ass in the back. He mistreated younger guys coming in, hazed them, fucked with them, did all kinds of nasty shit to them. It didn't get reported because the internet mostly covered for it's darling. I'm not saying this proves he was a murderer, but it goes towards being proof the guy had a history of not being the nicest human being in the world.

3. His crimes were not committed minutes apart...in fact, they were not committed on the same DAY. There's also the fact that he was mentally competent enough to call his employer, and do the wrestling equivalent of calling in sick, and saying he wouldn't make the PPV that sunday. He also had the presence of mind to contact other wrestlers and spam them his address repeatedly (which I can only presume was so the bodies would be found after he checked out himself).

........I honestly didn't know any of that. I knew about the text messages he made, but the rest........gahdammit...........

Y'know, I hate not having all the facts, but when it's something like this, it's that much worse........

I don't know what to think about it anymore..........

Russo has been gone for months...and the product improved...I doubt there's a coincidence there. Nor the fact that Bischoff seems less and less interested in a lot of what happens on TV.

REALLY!? SO THAT'S WHY!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!

After all the "FIRE RUSSO!" chants, they finally don't have to deal with his dumb ass anymore!

Guess this shows that Hogan isn't really a factor.

(On a side note, in speaking of Bischoff, I assume the guy teaming w/ D-Von right now is related to him?)

In speaking of Vince's senility, when is Trips ever gonna get full reign?
Yes, H is taking on more and more responsibility, so certainly Vince is smartly grooming both he and Steph to transition into running the company.

And would he do things better?
Hard to say exactly what he'd do until he does it...he certainly has a genuine love for the business, but how much of his views and visions now are colored by the old man? How much has he come to agree with and how far towards old school values would he really be willing to go? Time will tell.

Given what I've heard about Stephanie's views, I cringe at her involvement. It's Trips I'm interested in. What with last night & all, I'm getting the feeling the changing of the guard might actually be closer than I thought.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-21 14:31:18

(Note: I tried doing this on the WWE THQ fourm but didn't get enough diversity in the opinions, so I figured "May as well try NG's wrestling club...)

Alright so, I plan on starting up my wrestling corner show on Youtube again(Deathedge's Wrestling Corner, lame, played out name, I know), hopefully this monday, and there is a project that I want to do during off days when no wrestling is on.

I want to take a nice in depth look at the career and booking philsophy of one Vincent J. Russo. The main reason is because, say what you will, he is one of the most well known bookers in the history of professional wrestling, and at one point was one of the biggest names in all of wrestling. I'm going to try and see where it all went wrong, and how much of it was really his fault.

As part of this project, I want to see what the general wrestling viewing public, wether it be casual fans or not, think of Russo.

Now, my personal opinion is tha the seems like a nice enough guy, based on all the interviews I've read with him. The only time I've ever thought he seemed like a jerk was when I read his book "Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo", so I can't say I really can bash the guy on a personal level.

That said, his creative philosphy is, when done correctly, a good one. His "crash TV" style can be genuinly entertaining, as demonstrated when he was in WWF and had Vince McMahon as a filter.

Then he went to WCW and TNA and had free creative control. I'm going to be honest, I like his early WCW work, but everything after the early part of regime, after the 2nd PPV he booked, just stunk. When WCW brought him back and did the "re-boot" again, I like the early direction of it but eventually him and Eric Bischoff's differences just became to much and the product suffered because of it. Then, his TNA work, I cannot think of a single thing he did with TNA off the top of my head that I liked, but I do know that he did a good job of pushing young gus like AJ Styles.

That's actually the best thing I can say for Russo, he is about trying to get the younger guys over and to build them up to bigger things. That being said, he does take alot of pride in his work, and though that can be a good thing, it seems that he thinks he is a far better booker then he really is.

My conclusion is that Russo is a great guy to have as a booker, and yes, even has a head guy, but it's not a good idea to give him final say-so. Also, he can write a very strong start to a storyline (for the most part) but soon he will let that storyline get too big, draw it out to long, or just do something that ruins it and forces it to fall under it's own weight.

So, that's my thoughts on the man. But now, I want to hear what the rest of you have to say on Vince Russo. Be as brutally honest as you wish to be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-21 17:53:20

man !! i really dont want hhh to retire :(

ever since i first watched wrestling with my dad, when i was 8. He was always the one i was waiting for, every single fight. So what if he's out of time and getting old i still wanna see him around, even if he's not fighting. Just, no retiring, not like this :'(. go out after winning one, take the victory.

I know this is getting emotional but as the legend he is he really deserves an emotional post. Only wrestler i ever really felt connected to

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-22 08:44:19

Brock Lesnar should leave,there was no point of him coming
back.He is a pussy,he can't say no to Triple H's face at Raw 1000.
Thats all he has been doing so far,pussying out.

Also MudKipsPiano,on Smackdown do you know what Chris Jericho said
to Alberto Del Rio?Cuz Im pretty sure that it was a he was cursing at him.

I knew Summerslam will soon have more matches 4 matches is nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-23 16:41:40

^Pretty much the whole point of Jericho losing. He still put Dolph over......sorta......

Hmmmm......I'm still questioning the Punk angle. I know some of you guys are sick of Lawler, but he's still highly respected by most, and, well, the boos Punk got speak for themselves. It really feels like a Kurt Angle situation right now, where they're desperately trying to get Punk's fans to hate him, but it's proving really frigging difficult. As it should be, as this was dumb to begin with......

I'm highly impressed with how far Skip has come; his signature chant isn't a meme like "YES!"; the fans are genuinely behind the guy. Hopefully, we might see WWE FEED! HIM! A TITLE SHOT!

I also like that they've done something with Mahal in the process. That Double Camel Clutch a few weeks ago was pretty cool.

Tonight's Impact has the Aces & Eights thing come to a head. Hopefully Storm gets an assload of apologies tonight.....

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2012-08-23 20:36:25

At 8/21/12 05:53 PM, FreakAM wrote: man !! i really dont want hhh to retire :(

I seriously would doubt he would retire after all
He is the COO.

BBS Signature