00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your opinion on software

1,016 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 18:43:11

Well first off, I'll be polite and honest, I'm an audio n00b. Oh no sound the alarms, or whatever it is that you do when you see those words on the bbs. But I've been looking around through the audio stickys but I'd like somebodys opinion on the best free program for the use of creating audio/music/whatever you call it. I really cannot afford big expensive programs like acid. So please help me out here.

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 19:04:24

At 10/12/06 06:43 PM, JoeyNukes wrote: Well first off, I'll be polite and honest, I'm an audio n00b.

JoeyNukes +100 audio respekt points

But I've been looking around through the audio stickys but I'd like somebodys opinion on the best free program for the use of creating audio/music/whatever you call it. I really cannot afford big expensive programs like acid. So please help me out here.

Ah, I wish I could help but you know the phrase, "you get what you pay for?" So it's kinda hard to get something at least decent for nothing... hhmm... try searching up "Buzz music software" on google, I heard there was a decent and free audio program by that name, but I'm sure another AF reg knows more about it than I do. On the other hand, may I ask why you want to make music? Because if it's for a flash or some kind of project then I'm sure that one of the regulars on this forum will be more than happy to make something specifically for you.

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 19:08:15

thank you, think I've heard of buzz before. And no I'm not getting into music because I want to make it for some flash. Its more like something that I'd like to get into. It seems more interesting than flash.

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 20:10:13

I like using FL

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 22:32:41

At 10/12/06 08:10 PM, Anima-Theory wrote: I like using FL

yeah i was looking for something free. Audio software always seems so expensive

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 22:37:54

Well you can get hold of a demo version of Fruity Loops, you can't save anything with it!

But you can output wavs from it and then go from there!

It's worth a shot

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 22:46:14

Well maybe if I saved up I could get FL. how much does it cost? I remeber it being fairly cheap for audio software

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 22:49:56

At 10/12/06 10:46 PM, JoeyNukes wrote: Well maybe if I saved up I could get FL. how much does it cost? I remeber it being fairly cheap for audio software

depends, one version is 500. Try www.flstudio.com

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-12 22:56:54

Free? You get what you pay for. Go online and pirate something like cubase and/or reason and/or FL until you can make the money to buy Logic or ProTools.

BBS Signature

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-13 02:43:01

The most common, free, and overlooked software of today's music market would be Apple's Garageband.

Hold it; Most of you would think it sucks and doesn't do much.

First, you may want an Apple Computer, which are very decent for media production (Let's not start an argument over what is better between Apple and PC. It depends on your choices). This could be costly, but it's a step you want to take towards music production.

GarageBand ships with HUNDREDS of presets for Software Instruments and Real instruments, and even a ton of audio effects. The guys at Apple even made them sound very nice. For anyone who is novice, GB would be a lot of fun, and it would sound great.

GB is great for recording and studio on the go too. Paired with an Apple laptop (iBook, MacBook, or PowerBook), you can do some fairly amazing things on the go. In fact, this software is so good that if you do decide to continue into the music field, throwing money at GB will actually expand your potential with just this simple yet free software.

If you horrendously hate GB and Apple, or don't want to get one, you can always try Audacity, which I believe is free for use at the moment. It too, is a software of decency. Though it won't measure up to 1000$ softwares, it's a good place to start.

Of course, the common thing in the Music fields is: The more money you throw at it, the better you get yourself. If you want to play for fun, you'l want to spend anywhere from a few hundred dollars to 5000$ for gear, monitors, a MIDI controller, etc. There's no "cheap way" to play music. It's going to be costly.

As a professional musician, I am anti-piracy by heart. However, I strongly dislike corporate scheming; the inredible price amateurs have to pay for quality software seems ridiculous. Cubase sells upward to 700 - 800$. Pro Tools, Logic, sometimes get close to 1000$ after hardware and software set up, not including specific computer components and internal soundcards. It's just not reasonable for low-budget individuals.

Take your time, start out slow and small. Invest carefully, and mak esure you do your research.

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-13 02:49:23

At 10/13/06 02:43 AM, NAWhisperBlade wrote: The most common, free, and overlooked software of today's music market would be Apple's Garageband.

Hold it; Most of you would think it sucks and doesn't do much.

First, you may want an Apple Computer

It's hardly free if you have to buy a new compu... mac to get it :-P

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-13 14:14:56

I sent the topic starter a message. SO dude check out what I said think about it.

NEED BEATS??? I GOT EM ELSEWHERE

I sell beats here Matt Mattik

BBS Signature

Response to Your opinion on software 2006-10-13 15:53:35

woah, I just noticed that you live in glen burnie, thats sorta awesome cause thats where i sort of live