Be a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

  • 2,147,010 Views
  • 64,759 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 18:36:32 Reply

They do look fucking awesome, but probably a bit graphically exceeded for my taste, it must take FOREVER to make a four second animation of droplets like that :O

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 19:09:36 Reply

At 11/28/09 06:36 PM, Zyphonee wrote: They do look fucking awesome, but probably a bit graphically exceeded for my taste, it must take FOREVER to make a four second animation of droplets like that :O

Well once you know how to color em right that bit is easy, the motion not so much.
I should try it sometime.

In the meantime,I am lacking creativity!!

Any good characters with great clothes design ?
Mine are generic and boring as hell, I need more to it.
Not only that, the shading on the clothes doesn't even blend with his head :C
He looks like a guy wearing some sherlock holmes clothes during the 19 hundreds.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 19:16:04 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:09 PM, zrb wrote:
Any good characters with great clothes design ?
Mine are generic and boring as hell, I need more to it.
Not only that, the shading on the clothes doesn't even blend with his head :C
He looks like a guy wearing some sherlock holmes clothes during the 19 hundreds.

Give him a dandy shirt


BBS Signature
Kart-Man
Kart-Man
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 19:47:20 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:16 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:09 PM, zrb wrote:
Any good characters with great clothes design ?
Give him a dandy shirt

A Dandy shirt, you say? Buzzwerd and TrueDarkness would be proud.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge


postcount +=1;
Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!
SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 19:54:24 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:47 PM, Kart-Man wrote: A Dandy shirt, you say? Buzzwerd and TrueDarkness would be proud.

Lmfao it works so well.
Easter egg ! I should so put that !


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Sil3ntkill
Sil3ntkill
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 20:03:49 Reply

Anyone up in here help me out with my game XC

14hourlunchbreak
14hourlunchbreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 20:29:13 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:47 PM, Kart-Man wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:16 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:09 PM, zrb wrote:
Any good characters with great clothes design ?
Give him a dandy shirt
A Dandy shirt, you say?

More like Angry Faic shirt.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge


BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Member since: May. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 21:05:46 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:16 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Give him a dandy shirt

I love my dandy shirt.
I get quite a few interesting comments on it
every time I wear it. Yeah. It's pretty gnarly.

And if I ever go to any NG meet, you can best
freaking believe I'm wearing that beast.

Opportunity for entire-group matching Dandy shirts.
We'd be SO intimidating.

what

BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 21:18:23 Reply

At 11/28/09 08:29 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: More like Angry Faic shirt.

Hahaha. Good one :D
I love how my character is whoring out the NG shirts.


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Member since: May. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 21:26:04 Reply

At 11/28/09 09:05 PM, K-Guare wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:16 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Give him a dandy shirt
I love my dandy shirt.
I get quite a few interesting comments on it
every time I wear it. Yeah. It's pretty gnarly.

And if I ever go to any NG meet, you can best
freaking believe I'm wearing that beast.

Opportunity for entire-group matching Dandy shirts.
We'd be SO intimidating.

Let's put together a collage of ng users wearing their dandy shirts!


BBS Signature
zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 21:34:55 Reply

At 11/28/09 09:26 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Let's put together a collage of ng users wearing their dandy shirts!

Oh noes, someone get me a Dandy shirt !


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Member since: May. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 21:48:31 Reply

At 11/28/09 09:26 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Let's put together a collage of ng users wearing their dandy shirts!

Holy shit, then let's give the pic to Tom
to put as a picture for that store page.
Contributing to the community, and
being awesome as hell.

Raise your hand if you have one.

*raises hand exuberantly*

what

BBS Signature
turtleco
turtleco
  • Member since: Mar. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 22:45:14 Reply

At 11/28/09 09:34 PM, zrb wrote:
At 11/28/09 09:26 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Let's put together a collage of ng users wearing their dandy shirts!
Oh noes, someone get me a Dandy shirt !

what's dandy? I'm such a newgrounds noob :(


BBS Signature
K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Member since: May. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-28 22:49:34 Reply

At 11/28/09 10:45 PM, turtleco wrote: what's dandy? I'm such a newgrounds noob :(

  • Dandy.
    Dandy. by Buzzwerd

    Click to view.

    Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

Only the coolest shit in the world.

Okay, the gameplay was only mediocre to me. But it's an adorable game, and shirt.

what

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 00:07:53 Reply

I'm watching forrest gump for the first time (it's on spike TV right now)

and all I can think of is

man how horrible would this be if they cast adam sandler instead of tom hanks

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 00:27:57 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:07 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I'm watching forrest gump for the first time (it's on spike TV right now)

I never watched it, what kind of movie is it ?


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 00:46:40 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:27 AM, zrb wrote:
At 11/29/09 12:07 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I'm watching forrest gump for the first time (it's on spike TV right now)
I never watched it, what kind of movie is it ?

It's pretty good so far, spike is showing a marathon of it or something so you can tune in sometime and catch it.

I just found out where that "barbqued shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp and potatoes, breaded shrimp, crispy shrimp...[etc]" thing comes from

ProfessorFlash
ProfessorFlash
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 00:57:43 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:27 AM, zrb wrote:
At 11/29/09 12:07 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I'm watching forrest gump for the first time (it's on spike TV right now)
I never watched it, what kind of movie is it ?

It's awesome. The story really takes you in and Tom Hanks is the perfect guy for the role.


You can solve pretty much any problem you may have with AS3 by consulting the AS3 Language reference.

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 01:01:00 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:46 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: It's pretty good so far, spike is showing a marathon of it or something so you can tune in sometime and catch it.
I just found out where that "barbqued shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp and potatoes, breaded shrimp, crispy shrimp...[etc]" thing comes from

Huh, sounds pretty interesting I'll give it a try whenever I get the chance.

At 11/29/09 12:57 AM, ProfessorFlash wrote: It's awesome. The story really takes you in and Tom Hanks is the perfect guy for the role.

Cool, can't wait to see it.


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 03:05:32 Reply

movie's done (movies on TV take like twice the time). Never seen a movie be both funny and sad and entertaining at the same time like that

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 03:34:31 Reply

At 11/29/09 03:05 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: movie's done (movies on TV take like twice the time). Never seen a movie be both funny and sad and entertaining at the same time like that

Why don't you just eat a dick for kicks?


BBS Signature
Deadclever23
Deadclever23
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 03:56:54 Reply

At 11/28/09 05:32 PM, turtleco wrote: do you use a laptop? because I don't think you can do it from a laptop.

:(
I'm going to have to get a 2 way male jack then and plug my line out into my line in.


"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature
Toast
Toast
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 08:21:38 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:07 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I'm watching forrest gump for the first time (it's on spike TV right now)

JENNY!

They were going to give John Travolta the role but he wouldn't take it.


BBS Signature
Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 08:33:49 Reply

Guys I'm trying to edit my game, with an updated version but Newgrounds isnt having any of it, just has the little fancy loading bar back and forth. I'm using Safari and on Mac OS 10.5.1.

Ima change browsers but I doubt it'll make a difference so advice away!

Sam
Sam
  • Member since: Oct. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 19
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 09:25:15 Reply

At 11/29/09 08:33 AM, Saza wrote: Guys I'm trying to edit my game, with an updated version but Newgrounds isnt having any of it, just has the little fancy loading bar back and forth. I'm using Safari and on Mac OS 10.5.1.

Ima change browsers but I doubt it'll make a difference so advice away!

Nevermind, changing browsers did fix it. Thanks Firefox <3

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 11:32:05 Reply

At 11/28/09 07:16 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 11/28/09 07:09 PM, zrb wrote:
Any good characters with great clothes design ?
Mine are generic and boring as hell, I need more to it.
Not only that, the shading on the clothes doesn't even blend with his head :C
He looks like a guy wearing some sherlock holmes clothes during the 19 hundreds.
Give him a dandy shirt

Actually, you should add some of the NG apparel as special armor, like some sort of "Extra" in RE games.

I was also going to bring out the inquisitor armor from Risen:

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

zrb
zrb
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 12:20:37 Reply

At 11/29/09 11:32 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Actually, you should add some of the NG apparel as special armor, like some sort of "Extra" in RE games.

Well why not, it wouldn't take that much effort :D

I was also going to bring out the inquisitor armor from Risen:

Woah that armor is awesome. Thanks !


School Sux ! || As :Main || As3: Main || Animation: Main || Flash Tutorials ||

BBS Signature
GustTheASGuy
GustTheASGuy
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 12:21:16 Reply

There's plenty of good movies they don't show on television much. I think now that we're old enough to appreciate them it's time to work through the IMDB top list.

At 11/29/09 03:56 AM, Deadclever23 wrote:
At 11/28/09 05:32 PM, turtleco wrote: do you use a laptop? because I don't think you can do it from a laptop.
I'm going to have to get a 2 way male jack then and plug my line out into my line in.

It's not it being a laptop, it's up to your sound driver. If the driver settings interface doesn't work because of Vista, try updating something.


BBS Signature
trig1
trig1
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 12:22:39 Reply

Maths

At what point in education do you learn about real maths? I've just spent ages looking into the Riemann Zeta function and I'm frustrated that I've never been taught anything like it before. What goes on in university maths? For now I'm stuck with logs and vectors and other boringly simple things.

And if anyone can explain why 1+1+1+1+... = -1/2 and not infinity I would appreciate it.

GustTheASGuy
GustTheASGuy
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-11-29 13:16:23 Reply

At 11/29/09 12:22 PM, trig1 wrote: At what point in education do you learn about real maths? I've just spent ages looking into the Riemann Zeta function and I'm frustrated that I've never been taught anything like it before. What goes on in university maths? For now I'm stuck with logs and vectors and other boringly simple things.

Yeah I think kids now are kind of smarter than the last semi-generation and we find that the number universities in the world that actually teach anything interesting are in the two digits. You might sit through uni for the paper but your own curiosity will teach you more.

And if anyone can explain why 1+1+1+1+... = -1/2 and not infinity I would appreciate it.

Like the article says, the series doesn't have a meaningful value so you just agree on something in a context, like in the RZ function here. Perhaps like n^0=1 and n/0=?.


BBS Signature