00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scaneade just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,895,430 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 17:07:23

Me! I wasn't here much in the first place though <_<

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 17:34:49

At 4/7/10 05:00 PM, turtleco wrote: first NG-uni.... I mean Michea..... Hamalo, then you! who else will make an amazing come back?

MichealHurst was a cooler name

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 19:53:39

This page happens to be the same year Lincoln was assassinated.

Huh.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 20:12:00

At 4/7/10 07:53 PM, Josh-B wrote: This page happens to be the same year Lincoln was assassinated.

What is this, I don't even...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 20:18:01

At 4/7/10 07:53 PM, Josh-B wrote: This page happens to be the same year Lincoln was assassinated.

Huh.

this is also 74 years before the first issue of batman came out, what a coincidence!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 20:19:57

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 21:48:57

ELECTIONS

So it's election time again, how are you gonna vote?

http://www.votematch.org.uk/

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 22:04:52

At 4/7/10 09:48 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: ELECTIONS

Also, Americans do this test too. I wanna know how you feel about having more than two parties to vote for.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 22:29:38

At 4/7/10 10:04 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Also, Americans do this test too. I wanna know how you feel about having more than two parties to vote for.

We have more than 2. It's just that the rest don't have enough money to brainwash enough people to vote for them.

I want my Ralph Nader damnit!

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 22:38:04

At 4/7/10 10:04 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Also, Americans do this test too. I wanna know how you feel about having more than two parties to vote for.

I think our system is kind of a joke. It seems like the parties and the media split issues down the middle just for fucks sake to continue the political charade. I understand there are a lot of issues that don't come down to science, or fact, but even when they do news stations and our own representatives invent a controversy and distort the truth.

And tell me corporations don't control legislation. Not really democracy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 22:56:00

Too young to vote but I took it anyway and got 58% Conservative, 48% Lib Dem and 36% Labour.

David Cameron is a smug knob jockey but apparently we share similar views.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-07 23:54:31

At 4/7/10 10:38 PM, Coaly wrote:
And tell me corporations don't control legislation. Not really democracy.

It was never really a democracy in the first place. It's a republic. We elect representatives that should be representing their people.

It is all about money and that's what many years of capitalism does...but without it we wouldn't have google or wal-mart so I'm not really complaining...

Also, I wish everyone could vote for the people that share the views closest to them but that can never be the case when whoever has the most money and coverage will win anyway because people watch too much tv and do too little reading....

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 00:08:00

At 4/7/10 11:54 PM, Starogre wrote: It was never really a democracy in the first place. It's a republic. We elect representatives that should be representing their people.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, dddddddrrrrrrrrrpppppppppp.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 01:08:32

At 4/8/10 12:08 AM, Coaly wrote:
At 4/7/10 11:54 PM, Starogre wrote: It was never really a democracy in the first place. It's a republic. We elect representatives that should be representing their people.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, dddddddrrrrrrrrrpppppppppp.

i wish i had a big round badonkadonk

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 01:23:09

Elections are high farce. It's business as usual. Which consortium, keiretsu, allgemeine gesellschaft, or partnership can muster enough cash to influence policy in targeted jurisdictions, usually involving resources that no one is frankly entitled to? It's the sad tale of our world, at this time. I am a huge optimist though. I don't think we're all (as a species) checking out without a fight.

My solution:

I
The doomsayers need medical marijuana.
I'd smoke out with Sarah Palin.
It would do her some good.
It's not like she's gonna get more dim...right?

II
Politics and business don't mix. I am not a Communist, but Capitalist greed has already dealt this planet a blow I hope it can recover from. Monsanto, people. See?

III
Religion is fine, but not at the expense of someone else's beliefs. If people truly believed this simple credo, we would be so much better off...as a species. You get to think whatever the hell you want. Isn't that good enough? Do people need to die? Really?

Our midterm elections, so to speak, are shaping up to look more like "The Price Is Right" (a Mark Goodson production). Spay and neuter your politicians please.

:)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 07:37:57

I scored closest to UKIP and second closest to the BNP.
:(

I'm not racist but I would say I'm fascist.

Stuff this EU crap. It's a terrible idea. I know that if the EU became a country it would become the biggest country in the world but I hate superpowers that have that much wealth, power and diversity. There's too many different ethnicities in the EU for it to work well, it would be in the interest of the people. It's the kind of thing that causes revolution. Like Tsarist Russia for example. Their huge ethnic diversity made an unstable country as it was so big and so diverse it was close to impossible to control.

Britain should stop concentrating on crap like the EU and start concentrating on getting everyone equal rights, opportunities and work on mixing social classes and ethnicities together in order to create a less separated Britain. Stuff fringe parties like the BNP and their rascism. A strong fasco-communo country is what is needed.

Fascism and communism can mix.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 08:16:40

It was cool when we could study different cultures' history in elementary school. In the future, the internet and fast travel will have brought everyone together into one 'race', 'social class', and 'culture'. Kinda weird....

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 12:26:55

At 4/8/10 07:37 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: I'm not racist but I would say I'm fascist.

Stuff this EU crap. It's a terrible idea.

I'd tell you to rot in hell, but clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, so I can't blame you for the outrageous statements you just made.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 12:31:03

At 4/8/10 07:15 AM, HDXmike wrote: David cameron is such a douche , he acts all holy riding his bike around being "green" when half the time there are 3 cars following him, reduced carbon footprint my ass.

So is Al Gore and his McMansions, private jet, motorcades, etc. Mofo has a carbon footprint the size of Sasquatch.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 12:59:41

At 4/8/10 12:07 PM, Toast wrote: I'd tell you to rot in hell, but clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, so I can't blame you for the outrageous statements you just made.

That's quite a bold statement you have there. Mind elaborating?
It's becoming an increasingly popular belief of the British public that being a member of the EU is doing more harm than good for the country (hence the rise of parties such as the UK Independence Party).
But if you have some sort of insider information which has not yet been considered by such individuals and parties, please do share it with us.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 13:25:35

At 4/8/10 12:31 PM, doctormario wrote: So is Al Gore and his McMansions, private jet, motorcades, etc. Mofo has a carbon footprint the size of Sasquatch.

riding the success train uses a lot of coal

maybe we should go back to steam?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 14:29:11

At 4/8/10 12:26 PM, Toast wrote:
At 4/8/10 07:37 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: I'm not racist but I would say I'm fascist.

Stuff this EU crap. It's a terrible idea.
I'd tell you to rot in hell, but clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, so I can't blame you for the outrageous statements you just made.

What is good about the EU? WHAT?

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 15:06:12

I have to make a system that efficiently sorts 50+ MovieClips at a time by their y-position. I liked AS2's depth system much better.

I may just end up improving on Mike's Method but even he admits that it is quite sloppy.

It's almost scary how similar our sorting methods were, though. I started writing my sorting class before I found that page, and when I saw it, I was shocked at the resemblance to mine. (or, my code's resemblance to his?)

Before I continue with the engine, does anyone know of a source for effective isometric sorting?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 15:56:18

At 4/8/10 03:06 PM, Archon68 wrote: Stuff.
array.sortOn("y", Array.NUMERIC, ARRAY.DESCENDING);
for (i = 0; i < array.length; i++)
{
        stage.setChildIndex(array[i], i);      
}

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 16:43:37

At 4/8/10 03:56 PM, Deadclever23 wrote: stage.setChildIndex(array[i], i);

How did I miss this method while I was looking through the Documentation? Thanks.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 17:11:08

At 4/8/10 12:59 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: That's quite a bold statement you have there. Mind elaborating?

It's perhaps not a manly way to exclaim it, but it's true he doesn't seem to understand well what he's talking about. Ie., EU participation is voluntary in the first place, its goals have nothing to do with power, and such.

It's becoming an increasingly popular belief of the British public that being a member of the EU is doing more harm than good for the country (hence the rise of parties such as the UK Independence Party).

Of course it isn't, it only ever meant some of your money is going to be shared with other countries, and in return you'll get more low-class Latvian immigrants. What did you think?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 17:18:47

This is turning into the "European Politics Reg Lounge".

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 18:37:27

At 4/8/10 05:11 PM, GustTheASGuy wrote: Of course it isn't, it only ever meant some of your money is going to be shared with other countries, and in return you'll get more low-class Latvian immigrants. What did you think?

Well, one issue is with that money thing. Granted, a touch selfish, but considering that the country (much like all others) is economically stuck in a rut and needs to pump as much money as it can into its own services, giving other countries money for what appears to be nothing in return appears rather foolish. The UK Independence Party put this cost at about £6.4 billion annually (although, as this value is from UKIP, I've no idea how close/far it is from the true amount).

But the bigger issues come from British policies being influenced and altered by the European Union. Very strong opinions are cropping up about the EU abusing their power at the cost of the United Kingdom, as well as a number believing that policies determined by the entirety of the EU will not always suit the UK, but will be forced into law regardless. Arguably, the further a society goes from the utopian situation of every individual determining the rules which they live by without infringing on that of others, and so the more individuals are represented by fewer individuals, the worse it becomes. Apologies to anyone who believes in autocracy.

Another issue is with the values of tradition and culture. Britain has absorbed various cultures, and is better because of it. The curry is the most popular dish in England I believe, and I had Chinese food for dinner this evening (it was delicious, thank you for asking). But still, giving up so much culture for, again, seemingly nothing in return seems like a terrible decision, and many draw the line at renaming "The English Channel" as "The Anglo-French Pond".

I like to keep an open mind about these things, so don't assume that I agree with everything I've just said up there.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 19:03:49

At 4/8/10 07:00 PM, citricsquid wrote: So did you ever finish that game with JohnnyUtah HDXMike/Farza, or did the shit hit the fan, so to speak?

I can't wait to say I told you so.

It still coming along nicely, MercuryBD is an animator god. Check out my newspost if you want :)

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2010-04-08 19:26:08

At 4/8/10 07:00 PM, citricsquid wrote: So did you ever finish that game with JohnnyUtah HDXMike/Farza, or did the shit hit the fan, so to speak?

I'm pretty sure JohnnyUtah was never a part of it. ;)

And what are you even doing for these two games, Farza?