00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,883,398 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-05 16:33:01

Update on problem:

We found out the problem with crazy as3 - There was a gotoAndStop on the 1st frame of the .fla which prevented the compiler from loading all the dynamically attached graphics before it redirected, so the more graphics I added, the fewer it was able to attach to the stage.

Adding a single blank frame at the beginning of the fla (and changing nothing else) fixed it.

Stupid flash.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-05 16:40:21

I spent the whole afternoon making stencils and graffiti, and plan to make the same tomorrow.

Fucking neat.

I'll post a picture as soon as I find a way to post the one I have in my cellphone, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to find it...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-05 17:31:09

School is totally the best thing ever once you're in a course that you like. I rather disliked high school because i dont care for literature, science, math, etc etc etc.

But when my homework is "Make a website that has flash in it, build your room in 3D animation, and draw a picture" i am just giddy XD

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-05 23:03:17

At 12/4/09 08:37 PM, Luis wrote: If all else fails, use Tell Target.

man the last time I heard about Tell Target was reading a tutorial on Flash 4 in 2001

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 00:57:11

At 12/4/09 11:18 AM, Zyphonee wrote: But then how come that every good musician has died (lots at age 27) and there's no musician spawning lately, It's like, there's no good bands forming for this generation, only Disney Channel

Also, flash is fucking killing me.

Fleet foxes, grizzly bear, iron and wine, elliot smith, belle and sebastian, brian jonestown massacre, of montreal, beck, animal collective, dj shadow, dandy warhols, guided by voices, black kids, m83, spiritualized, feist, portishead, sufjan stevens, jose gonzales, dylan flynn, nick drake, cold war kids, bon iver, andrew bird, brad sucks, radiohead ok go, band of horses, tv on the radio, bloody beetroots, MIA, Los Campesinos!, yeah yeah yeah, poi dog pondering, amazing baby, ryan adams, son volt, broken social scene... there's quite a bit of good music coming from this generation.

yo

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 03:07:51

At 12/5/09 11:34 PM, zrb wrote: WTF.

it's simply because AS2 SUCKS

Really. AS2 might seem "easier" on the surface but it's one hell of an inconsistent and buggy language that it takes way too much time working around it's limitations and bugs than it actually does making the game.

AS3 might be a little more advanced but it's consistent and enforces good coding practice. AS2 allows for too much stuff it shouldn't.

also pm me if you want to test a flash game and have a half hour to spare.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 03:49:19

what no wacom today? that's weird.

anyways i have horrible memory, and i ended up attempting to make a backup of my school animation project, which is on a flash drive, when i realized that i forgot it at school. i still haven't gotten it back.

hooray for irony...

looks like the only flash that had a chance of me finishing it is gonna be lost to the ages.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 03:56:22

At 12/6/09 03:49 AM, fluffkomix wrote: what no wacom today? that's weird.

I think it's really hard to find a good contributor with no tablet.
There always seems to be that one stubborn gem in the bunch, though...

looks like the only flash that had a chance of me finishing it is gonna be lost to the ages.

Sucks to hear about your flash drive,
I have a pretty damn bad memory as well.
I'm pretty smart, but small and frequent memory mistakes
make me seem like a real bonehead sometimes.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 05:24:12

it's the weekend

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 08:38:49

At 12/6/09 03:56 AM, K-Guare wrote:

yeah... what about luis?

oh wait. Yeah, he does need a tablet. I'm surprised he didn't enter for the tablet give away last year.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 11:48:49

At 12/6/09 08:38 AM, turtleco wrote:
At 12/6/09 03:56 AM, K-Guare wrote:
yeah... what about luis?

oh wait. Yeah, he does need a tablet. I'm surprised he didn't enter for the tablet give away last year.

if he won one, people might think it's rigged because luis is like, tom's best friend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 12:03:03

At 12/6/09 11:48 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: if he won one, people might think it's rigged because luis is like, tom's best friend.

that's the problem with being popular on newgrounds...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 13:01:07

At 12/6/09 11:48 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
if he won one, people might think it's rigged because luis is like, tom's best friend.

If luis won, he would send it right back cus he prefers mouse anyway

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 14:36:21

At 12/6/09 01:01 PM, Starogre wrote:
At 12/6/09 11:48 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
If luis won, he would send it right back cus he prefers mouse anyway

Or keep it and hold a contest ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 14:44:39

At 12/6/09 11:48 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: if he won one, people might think it's rigged because luis is like, tom's best friend.

Don't you mean... lover? ;)

The top middle and top right are totally epic win :P

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 14:47:42

At 12/6/09 02:44 PM, Duchednier wrote:
Don't you mean... lover? ;)

The top middle and top right are totally epic win :P

lol it only makes it better that tom's wearing the sketchbook tour shirt

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:06:01

Things that tick you off

There are loads of silly little things that tick me off, I don't know why, that's just me. Like when I'm all finished shaving and putting on dozens of balms, lotions, creams and aftershave and I notice there's this tiny little spot I missed with the razor. Ugh, I hate that. During the day every time when I accidentally touch that spot that's like an instant mood--. Maybe I should just grow a beard...

So yeah, entertain me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:08:33

At 12/6/09 3:18 PM, YungDre wrote:
: hello can u tell me how to make a flash?

No, I'm dyslexic.

Lolwut.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:31:11

At 12/6/09 05:29 PM, zrb wrote: RE: Things that tick you off

Left bumper on my 360 is "autorun" in FFXI... I've played it so much, it's become second nature in other game, so now I throw grenades and melee randomly in other games.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:36:24

I do the Cmd+Z position even when drawing irl .. :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:37:35

for(int i = 0; i<list.size(); i++){
stuff;
}

flash: OMFGWTFBBQ 40000000 errors

what I get for using c++ and flash at the same time...

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:45:48

At 12/6/09 05:06 PM, Xeptic wrote: Things that tick you off

I hate when people say stuff like "people who criticise you only do so because they see in you something they will never have themselves", or "people who judge are insecure". What the shit? It's like when you're being a jerk to someone and their friend says "don't worry about it, that guy has problems". It's so obviously just something for weak people who can't fucking deal with anything offensive. If I'm being a jerk to you it's not because I have other problems or because I'm jealous of you, it's because you fucking piss me off and it's fun to be offensive. Goddamn asshats. I was gonna rant about this but luckily you submitted your post before that, so now I don't look like a dick as much.

That being said, I'm a very polite person irl. Nevertheless it's great to be a dick on the internet because you're not bound to society's laws.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:57:49

lol that was hilarious. i spent the weekend over in philly. I am in the process of moving so i went to check out the digs there and also bob had some holiday party thing going on. Weather was kind of shit and it was actually snowing fairly heavily so i didnt actually do much moving in. Bob had a firepit going and Swain made this little snowman and sat him next to the fire to stay warm.

That reminds me, while i was in london there was this woman outside a starbucks who was clearly pregnant and she was having a smoke. I kinda felt bad for her future baby but i kinda thought like she was a badass mom and kinda cool.

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 17:59:24

At 12/6/09 05:57 PM, Luis wrote: lol that was hilarious. i spent the weekend over in philly. I am in the process of moving so i went to check out the digs there and also bob had some holiday party thing going on

Wait... you're moving to Philly? I'm going to come stalk you since you're within the 30 minutes from me mark.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 18:03:03

also, im 13337

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 18:58:33

the two buttons on my stylus are set to redo and undo. when i'm drawing with a pencil i'll do something wrong, then hit the side of the pencil for a while before i realize what i'm doing.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 19:03:31

Seriously, I wish i lived near alot of your guys. You lots are coolios ;)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 19:06:46

At 12/6/09 05:36 PM, Saza wrote: I do the Cmd+Z position even when drawing irl .. :)

I thought I was the only one who did that

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 19:15:13

At 12/6/09 07:06 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:
At 12/6/09 05:36 PM, Saza wrote: I do the Cmd+Z position even when drawing irl .. :)

You are not alone.

Btw, I'm watching War of the Worlds II, its shit so far... :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-12-06 19:17:25

At 12/6/09 07:06 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote:

Yeah i've done that a few times, not only that but i drew a pic and was like "Damn! its too big! i need to resize it with the resize tool........i mean eraser...

At 12/6/09 07:03 PM, Saza wrote: Seriously, I wish i lived near alot of your guys. You lots are coolios ;)

I totally may come down to NG to visit next summer, i'll get my road trip on with various NG'ers :P