00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UF-FAUX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,905,912 Views | 60,180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 17:39:57

At 4/28/09 10:51 AM, fluffkomix wrote: did someone say john travolta?

Yeah sorry that was me, im sorry to always bring him into conversation but i just cant get enough of him!

lol gay joke

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 17:45:26

Found two interesting things related to flash games today :)

Ridiculus Flash Game Controversey

Awesome way to quit from your job :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 17:55:27

RE: Awesome way to quit from your job

I hope the employers play all the way thru that game or else it looks like a total dick move. haha

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 17:58:57

Totally dig the idea man.
I'm an aspiring flash animator (don't judge my spelling it sucks!) new to the flash community
I have only recently got flash so ya! :D

Listen to me!

I AM BIG BROTHER! :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 18:02:31

At 4/28/09 05:45 PM, adman1993 wrote: Ridiculus Flash Game Controversey

Shame on Molleindustria for giving in to these people. Just because people are mentally ill is no reason to listen to them, in fact quite the opposite is true.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 18:21:54

I'm DJing at Silk City in Philadelphia tonight if anyone is in the neighborhood (I don't think any of you are...). This is my first bar/club jawn, gunna make it POP

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 18:27:45

I'm DJing at Silk City in Philadelphia tonight if anyone is in the neighborhood (I don't think any of you are...). This is my first bar/club jawn, gunna make it POP

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 20:33:37

At 4/28/09 03:19 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: This time however, I'm dumping each and every screenshot online instead of in the trash
http://www.closuregame.com/Log/

Macintosh screen shots are just pure beauty.
It's all the little shit like those screen shots that
Apple is just holding over me. Taunting me.
Saying "Get a mac you cheap bastard."

I'll get one in a couple of years.
iMacs look so stupid, I couldn't ever
proudly say I own one.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-28 21:00:30

At 4/28/09 08:33 PM, K-Guare wrote: Macintosh screen shots are just pure beauty.
It's all the little shit like those screen shots that
Apple is just holding over me. Taunting me.
Saying "Get a mac you cheap bastard."

I'll get one in a couple of years.
iMacs look so stupid, I couldn't ever
proudly say I own one.

No but seriously ya apple's built in screenshot tool is miles ahead of print screen... I can screenshot the whole screen, a single window, or even draw a box around what to take, and it'll save it to the desktop in PNG format rather than copying it to the clipboard (although I can hold a key to copy it to a clipboard instead), it really is great.

sorry for all the plugs

_

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 00:49:17

hey glaiel whats the point of the ball? would it land on a button or something?

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:08:37

At 4/29/09 05:27 AM, yhar wrote:
At 4/28/09 09:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: No but seriously ya apple's built in screenshot tool is miles ahead of print screen...
Vista has SnippingTool.exe not as elegant, but a good tool nonetheless.

does that or the mac version allow for screenshoting a scrolling window?
Bringing that subject up reminded me of how much longer it takes me to actually screencap and tile shit together.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:14:01

At 4/29/09 07:08 AM, Luis wrote:
At 4/29/09 05:27 AM, yhar wrote:
At 4/28/09 09:00 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: No but seriously ya apple's built in screenshot tool is miles ahead of print screen...
Vista has SnippingTool.exe not as elegant, but a good tool nonetheless.
does that or the mac version allow for screenshoting a scrolling window?
Bringing that subject up reminded me of how much longer it takes me to actually screencap and tile shit together.

ive had the same prob luis, thats why i use both or did. i left my mac at my dads place when i moved out, so its pc all the way.

chk chk boom.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:22:59

This Firefox addon lets you take a screenshot of a whole webpage, it's very easy too.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox /addon/1146

There are also small programs that can take screenshots of scrolling pages in multiple things (internet browsers, Microsoft word documents).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:24:39

At 4/29/09 07:08 AM, Luis wrote: does that or the mac version allow for screenshoting a scrolling window?

http://screengrab.org/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:25:21

thanks guys. Most helpful.

The firefox add-on is optimal. I wish IE would be useful someday... before anyone complains, i gotta test shit on both browsers when i do css for sites so thats why im married to having to satisfy both browsers... otherwise id just use ff for everything.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:29:10

At 4/29/09 07:25 AM, Luis wrote: thanks guys. Most helpful.

The firefox add-on is optimal. I wish IE would be useful someday... before anyone complains, i gotta test shit on both browsers when i do css for sites so thats why im married to having to satisfy both browsers... otherwise id just use ff for everything.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox /addon/1419

lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 07:49:49

Also, with print screen you can hold alt as you press prt scrn to take a screenshot of just the current window. There's another thing you can do other than screenshotting the whole screen as well I think, but can't remember what. Snipping Tool is pretty cool too for grabbing specific areas.

About that 2k Australia guy, that's a nice "present" for his colleagues, but I really hate it when people use rapidly changing colours, it really isn't nice to the eyes :P

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 12:03:45

Am I the only one who assigned their center mouse button down to printscreen? Instant success.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 12:06:33

At 4/28/09 06:02 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
At 4/28/09 05:45 PM, adman1993 wrote: Ridiculus Flash Game Controversey
Shame on Molleindustria for giving in to these people. Just because people are mentally ill is no reason to listen to them, in fact quite the opposite is true.

I should be able to lodge a complaint about the offence caused to my deeply held belief in free expression :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 13:28:57

At 4/29/09 12:06 PM, Paranoia wrote: I should be able to lodge a complaint about the offence caused to my deeply held belief in free expression :/

I agree, but I also believe we have the right to ignore peoples complaints without having to fear for our lives :p

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 15:11:59

Speaking of hotkeys, am I the only one who almost never uses hotkeys in Flash? Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Save and Publish are typically the only actions I will perform on the keyboard.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 15:24:54

At 4/29/09 03:11 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Speaking of hotkeys, am I the only one who almost never uses hotkeys in Flash? Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Save and Publish are typically the only actions I will perform on the keyboard.

I have Convert to Movieclip as Space, Shift + Arrow keys to Flip Horizontal and Veritcal, Ctrl S and Ctrl Z (:

Oh and Ctrl + Enter of course.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 15:45:30

At 4/29/09 03:11 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Speaking of hotkeys, am I the only one who almost never uses hotkeys in Flash? Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Save and Publish are typically the only actions I will perform on the keyboard.

Ditto, Only ever use the hotkeys for saving and testing project.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 16:28:24

I only have hotkeys on my tablet. Top two buttons are for fbf animation (new keyframe and delete) and the bottom two are for saving and testing the movie.

Very efficient. I also have undo and redo on my tablet pen, but I almost never use it cuz it's easier to ctrl z and ctrl y

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 16:44:08

I used F5 F6 F7 F8 a lot back in the day but my games have been progressively having less and less frames to the point where most have like 3 or 4 frames total if that.

CMD-Z and CMD-S are god though, I use CMD-S when I'm typing in like internet forms too and it pisses me off cause its like "where would you like to save this html page?"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 16:52:29

At 4/29/09 03:24 PM, Saza wrote:
At 4/29/09 03:11 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Speaking of hotkeys, am I the only one who almost never uses hotkeys in Flash? Flip Horizontal,

Hotkeys on the tablet and CTrl-z!!

The tablet hotkeys are ctrl z, new keyframe, enter, scroll along the timeline, and play! . . . i mean, enter

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 16:56:22

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 16:59:15

At 4/29/09 04:56 PM, Paranoia wrote: This is what happens when I spend an afternoon animating* an idea suggested between lectures :/

*using the word in its loosest possible sense

I liked your use of colours.

<3

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 17:03:06

At 4/29/09 04:56 PM, Paranoia wrote: This is what happens when I spend an afternoon animating* an idea suggested between lectures :/

Hmm old timy styles aren't used enough. 5'ed and might have given me an idea to practice doodling again lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-04-29 17:50:10

At 4/29/09 04:59 PM, Saza wrote:

I liked your use of colours.

<3

Omg, that last little segment was fantastic! in between the fin and the "that was a refreshing beverage!"

10 POINTS TO HUFFLEPUFF!