New Topic Respond to this Topic
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 14:28:45 Reply

At 4/13/08 02:19 PM, Paranoia wrote: I haven't got out of college yet but I'm an expert on climate change

Discuss.

TEH GREENHOUSE CONSPIRACY!
Its all a big conspiracy! Hilary Lawson told me! Hilary looks like a guy who knows what hes talking about!

Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 16:49:28 Reply

At 4/13/08 02:18 PM, UnknownFury wrote:
At 4/13/08 01:21 PM, BritishMoose wrote: YES BECAUSE I THINK IT'S SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE.
In that case, it must be a boy ;)

I've never played FF either.

Beat me to it :'(

but then again I haven't been on for like 5 hours...

BBS Signature
AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 16:51:03 Reply

At 4/13/08 11:53 AM, hashbrown wrote: woot 3000 posts, anyway speaking of rpgs, has anyone played lost oddysey it looks really good. its made by mistwalker which is like all the REALLY experienced people studio. like the artist who made dbz and the guy who made final fantasy

Im pretty sure it's not one guy who made dbz and final fantasy. Iv been playing FF crisis core on the psp a lot lately. It has amazing cut scenes and cool anime style action. Even though the story in the series is always corny, they take a lot of time to tell it and that's part of what makes the series so gripping.

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 16:53:24 Reply

At 4/13/08 04:51 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Im pretty sure it's not one guy who made dbz and final fantasy. Iv been playing FF crisis core on the psp a lot lately. It has amazing cut scenes and cool anime style action. Even though the story in the series is always corny, they take a lot of time to tell it and that's part of what makes the series so gripping.

ZOMG its AloneInTheDark, I loved Autumn Tree!

Anyway, I agree with him, I doubt that one single person made all the graphics, there is probably a team of like 20 people working non-stop for those graphics

BBS Signature
CrazyChihuahua
CrazyChihuahua
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 18:41:01 Reply

At 4/13/08 04:53 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 4/13/08 04:51 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: Im pretty sure it's not one guy who made dbz and final fantasy. Iv been playing FF crisis core on the psp a lot lately. It has amazing cut scenes and cool anime style action. Even though the story in the series is always corny, they take a lot of time to tell it and that's part of what makes the series so gripping.
ZOMG its AloneInTheDark, I loved Autumn Tree!

Anyway, I agree with him, I doubt that one single person made all the graphics, there is probably a team of like 20 people working non-stop for those graphics

I think what he meant was the fact that Mistwalker was started by the guy who created the Final Fantasy series. Also, Mistwalker made Blue Dragon for the 360, and you can tell from the art style that it was worked on by the person that created DBZ (or at least the person behind the look of the show). Either way, the game looks good.

BBS Signature
Rammer
Rammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 18:50:30 Reply

those Lost Odyssey commercials made the game look so fun and epic to play. i loved that shot where the main guy dodges those two swords.

but then i found out that those were cinematics, and the game is a turn-based rpg. how disappointing.

also, i really liked the song, and months later, i was listening to some random classic rock from my dad's music server, and i conveniently decided to listen to Jefferson Airplane...and there was the song O: it was the oddest moment of the months for me.

snyggys

ConAir
ConAir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 18:55:27 Reply

The cinematics are incredible in God of War: Chains of Olympus as well. I was really surprised how great the graphics were on the psp (even in-game were the best i've seen so far). I can't wait to see how it stacks up against Crisis Core when i pick it up after (or if i ever) beat all the damn Hades Challenges in Chains of Olympus.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 19:34:32 Reply

global warming

Well, it's all repairing itself, i read on some magazine, global warming causes icebergs to melt, but when icebergs melt, they let out a lot of nutrients that makes plancton grow, that plancton absorbs the CO2 that causes global warming, thus, it is repairing itself, also the plancton makes a whole new ecosistem, the power of nature...

MrMacro
MrMacro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 19:39:01 Reply

At 4/13/08 07:34 PM, PinkSkull wrote:
global warming
Well, it's all repairing itself, i read on some magazine, global warming causes icebergs to melt, but when icebergs melt, they let out a lot of nutrients that makes plancton grow, that plancton absorbs the CO2 that causes global warming, thus, it is repairing itself, also the plancton makes a whole new ecosistem, the power of nature...

It's repairing itself! So everytime it gets too warm the earth will cool itself down? The power of nature indeed.

BBS Signature
adman
adman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:21:10 Reply

Blue dragon is an average RPG, its kinda gay cos i was whipping all the story enemies and bosses and then when you get to the last disc (disc 3) and have to do the side missions you get stuck with crappy training, and i hate leveling up people.. its so boring..

BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:26:24 Reply

Blue dragon

Never played it, but i saw a piece of a chapter of the anime once and they all looked very dragonballish, dind't know it was made by the same guy xD

Quick question
My sound clip in the fla sounds clear and normal, and if i open in somewhere else it sounds clear and nice, but when port my movie to test it it sounds all cracky and it's hard to understand, i suppose there are some settings i need to change or something.. how do i fix it?

ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:28:05 Reply

File>>Publish Settings>>Flash>> then under audio stream/audio event, click set, and change that value to something higher. I normally use 64 kbs, seems to be a happy medium between compression and sounding good.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:28:24 Reply

At 4/13/08 09:26 PM, PinkSkull wrote: My sound clip in the fla sounds clear and normal, and if i open in somewhere else it sounds clear and nice, but when port my movie to test it it sounds all cracky and it's hard to understand, i suppose there are some settings i need to change or something.. how do i fix it?

Go to the publish settings > set the audio fps or whatever to 32 FPS on both > override sound qulaity.

That's what I do atleast... I don't know if its right but it turns out smooth (: Besides, if you have wav. files make sure you transfer them into MP3s instead, it saves alot of space in your .swf along with the sound quality.

BBS Signature
Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:30:05 Reply

At 4/13/08 09:28 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: File>>Publish Settings>>Flash>> then under audio stream/audio event, click set, and change that value to something higher. I normally use 64 kbs, seems to be a happy medium between compression and sounding good.

ah, its called kbs, I knew it was something like that. I think 32 works totally fine, usually having higher it packs in more mb usage but it sounds nice in the end :)

BBS Signature
jmtb02
jmtb02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 21:52:00 Reply

At 4/13/08 09:21 PM, adman1993 wrote: Blue dragon is an average RPG

Blue Dragon is an example of an RPG that had good intention to be awesome but had too many character flaws to contend with. The voice acting was forced and annoying, the female characters were underdressed and overdeveloped for being 12 year olds, and the game was slow and scantily diversified. It took a good story and set of game mechanics by an incredible RPG developer and made it silly and immature. I tried to love it about 3-4 times, but could never get more than about 2-3 hours into it.

Laptops or Desktops
Which do you prefer? Everyone seems to have their own thing but what do you like to work with?

Hi there!

BBS Signature
Kirk-Cocaine
Kirk-Cocaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 22:02:47 Reply

RE: Laptops Vs Desktops

It's gotta be Desktops all the way. I can't stand laptops. That little mouse pad is annoying as fuck, plus not being able to move the key board away from the screen sucks balls. All in all laptops are too cramped and constricting. Plus you never see goons typing on desktops in Starbucks.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature
Hamalo
Hamalo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 22:10:48 Reply

At 4/13/08 10:02 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: RE: Laptops Vs Desktops

It's gotta be Desktops all the way. I can't stand laptops. That little mouse pad is annoying as fuck, plus not being able to move the key board away from the screen sucks balls. All in all laptops are too cramped and constricting. Plus you never see goons typing on desktops in Starbucks.

I agree with Kirk here. Whenever I'm on a laptop I feel like I'm cramped and the mouse pad is soo gay. I can't stand it! Especially when trying to make flash or something like that, it just gets amazingly annoying

BBS Signature
ConAir
ConAir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 22:38:14 Reply

Laptops suck

Desktops for sure, I was pissed to learn I had to buy a laptop through the college I'm going to, a Shitbook pro no less, so I have to spend the time learning all the Mac bs and learn how to not right-click. But yeah, a desktop feels like a real computer, I think I'd blow my brains out if I had to use a laptop as a main computer and spend the rest of my days rubbing that stupid pad.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 23:17:35 Reply

At 4/13/08 10:02 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: RE: Laptops Vs Desktops

Plus you never see goons typing on desktops in Starbucks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EKEeHREK2nQ

Don't ever challenge the Internet, Kirk. It always wins.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-13 23:41:06 Reply

At 4/13/08 09:30 PM, Rudy wrote:
At 4/13/08 09:28 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: File>>Publish Settings>>Flash>> then under audio stream/audio event, click set,

Thanks! It sounds a lot better now, it was on 16kbs :S

laptops vs desktops

i agree with all of you, even tho you can buy a little mouse for your laptop it's not like you'll always have a desk to put it in. ANd the keyboard, i type the wrong letter every once in a while, it's way to cramped, and it's not like i'm going to take my computer everywhere so i'm ok with desktops.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EKEeHREK2nQ

wow, haha, that was cool..
the world's a weird place xD

Rudy
Rudy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 00:21:29 Reply

Mobile Desktops Starbucks Hoax

Yeah, I saw that as well. That was one of the most odd videos ever. I viewed it a few months ago when someone showed me it. It's kinda funny how they did that and others just stare in amazement.

I think I may get a little crew together and do it myself.

Anyone want to make an official date and do it with meh? :)

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 03:03:58 Reply

I didn't go to this thread for a couple of days and there is 4 or 5 new pages so I'm not going to sit here and go through them all. Instead, tonight, I went and saw Japanther.

Think, super punk, in super small basement, with too many people, no lights, and a broken water pipe. It was one of the best shows i've ever seen.

Pic or it didn't happen

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature
UnknownFury
UnknownFury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Programmer
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 04:46:53 Reply

At 4/14/08 12:21 AM, Rudy wrote: Mobile Desktops Starbucks Hoax

Anyone want to make an official date and do it with meh? :)

London meet up is approaching ;)

Amish
Amish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 06:55:11 Reply

Hey guys, I'm an old school reg. Whats going on these days?

GuyWithHisComp
GuyWithHisComp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 07:37:37 Reply

At 4/14/08 06:55 AM, Amish wrote: Hey guys, I'm an old school reg. Whats going on these days?

Wait, Amish Kumar?

BBS Signature
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 07:40:06 Reply

At 4/13/08 04:51 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
At 4/13/08 11:53 AM, hashbrown wrote: woot 3000 posts, anyway speaking of rpgs, has anyone played lost oddysey it looks really good. its made by mistwalker which is like all the REALLY experienced people studio. like the artist who made dbz and the guy who made final fantasy
Im pretty sure it's not one guy who made dbz and final fantasy

The DB/DBZ manga was drawn/written by Akira Toriyami who also did art for the Dragon Quest series. Final Fantasy was directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 10:14:04 Reply

At 4/14/08 03:03 AM, Senti wrote: Think, super punk...

That basement looks real fun. There's nothing to make you feel more awesome then a super intense house show.

GustTheASGuy
GustTheASGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 10:57:10 Reply

At 4/14/08 07:37 AM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: Wait, Amish Kumar?

Nooo that's like Hashbrown.

BBS Signature
GuyWithHisComp
GuyWithHisComp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 11:04:09 Reply

At 4/14/08 10:57 AM, GustTheASGuy wrote:
At 4/14/08 07:37 AM, GuyWithHisComp wrote: Wait, Amish Kumar?
Nooo that's like Hashbrown.

Yeah, I thought maybe he changed username or whatever.
If Amish!=Hashbrown, I don't know who you are, Amish! Introduce yourself, will ya?

BBS Signature
Senti
Senti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-04-14 11:11:35 Reply

At 4/14/08 06:55 AM, Amish wrote: Hey guys, I'm an old school reg. Whats going on these days?

Holy shit, one of the other originals is aliveeeee! It's been just NegativeOne and myself holding out it seems since the old lounge was closes...like what, 2-3 years ago? Glad to see you're still alive and kicking my friend. Are you still into the PK scene?

BBS Signature