00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't transfer video to my laptop!

661 Views | 7 Replies

Maybe you Newgrounds people can help me with this problem. I have the season of Fastlane (not on DVD) on my computer, and I want to transfer it to my laptop so I can format the hard drive. I don't have a DVD burner so I wrote them to CD. I made a data CD an wrote two episodes per CD and filled them nearly to the top. I spent an hour and thirty minutes making 11 CDs. I inserted the first CD into the laptop and copied the first two files to the hard drive. I then proceeded to play the first episode to make sure it worked, but when it opened in Winamp, it would only play the sound! No video at all. Same thing with WMP. I then tried it on the Media Center thing (I have XP Professional), but it wouldn't play at all.

What am I doing wrong? BTW, I have XP home edition on my PC and Professional on my laptop, and I wrote the CDs with Sonic RecordNow. The videos were in the .avi format. And my computers are not underpowered.

My name is Buck, and I like to party!

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2006-09-23 18:35:11

well, it's obviously the sound codec you're using. Maybe you don't have the right one on the laptop, but already have it on your computer. You might want to try a better video player with more codecs, like VLC media player. If that doesen't work, double-check that the sound and video aren't seperate. if that doesen't work, then try something more stable, like a portable hard drive or an mp3 player to transfer it; CDs are problematic. if that doesen't work, sorry for wasting your time.

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2006-09-27 22:30:30

If I waere to put the videos on my iPod, would I put them in the hidden folders with the rest of the stuff, or should I just drag them straight on the hard drive?

Anyway, there is no problem with the sound, its just that the video wont play.

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2006-10-15 22:31:28

Ok, I put the videos on my iPod and transferred them successfully to my laptop, but it just does the same. Only one video can play correctly. I also transferred the MGS4 trailer, and it worked perfectly!

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2006-10-15 22:33:05

When you were burning it on the CD you did set it as a Data CD right?

BBS Signature

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2006-10-15 22:34:05

You probably don't have the correct video codec. Usually, whenever I've run in to this problem, I'd get the DivX codec. It's very common and could be the one you need.

http://www.divx.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2007-01-31 01:12:10

Yeah, I learned that shortly after my last post. My PC had DivX, but my laptop didn't. Thanks for the help anyway.

Response to Can't transfer video to my laptop! 2007-01-31 01:47:11

Do you have your Comp on a network?

If So do this Set the C Drives of both comps to Share on the network Zip the File w/ the movies and transfer it to your laptop that way,

BBS Signature