00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

For the love of god! I Need Quotes!

1,386 Views | 23 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Okay, I'm trying to get a record deal here. I'm almost ready to send out my demo cd, but I need some artist quotes to add to my bio. Please help me out! Anything would be appreciated!
*crosses fingers*
http://newgrounds.co../view.php?id=1307453

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 16:36:52

At 9/22/06 04:00 PM, DarkOtaku wrote: Okay, I'm trying to get a record deal here.

arent we all......

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 17:06:50

Aw, come one! Help a guy out! I'll review your stuff. X|
I'm trying to succeed in what I love to do. I shall not give up!

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 17:19:31

record deal...at 17...lol...

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:09:04

Jeremy from Pure Pwnage once said something like (I'll try to recollect this as best as I can since I don't feel like looking it up): "Pro-ness is not something you can achieve, you are either born a pro or born a n00b. When you are pro, you just pwn, like all the time dude. But if you are born a n00b, then you are n00b for life man. Sure, a pro could train a n00b to be good at like one map in CS and stuff, but then the n00b will just be a trained n00b. He can then pwn other n00bs in one map and stuff, but he'll still never going be a pro, and still suck at other maps."

Basically what Jeremy was trying to say was: some of us just aren't cut out to make music, at least not any worth selling. Some are born with musical talent and skill like Paragon and Rage, and others like me have no artistic or musical talent whatsoever. I'm just a trained n00b and I know it. Sure I know some tips and tricks on how to make DNB but for Paragon it's practically instinct... and how am I suppose to beat that? I can't, I can only get better and improve but no matter how much I improve I'll still just be a trained n00b and never have the same intuition that Paragon has when it comes to making DNB. It's as simple as that.

Sooo... know your limits and stick to the stuff that comes naturally to you if you ever want to become great at something... and for the vast majority of the audio artists in the AP, that something isn't music, most of us here are just enthusiasts that make music for fun.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:14:13

At 9/22/06 05:06 PM, DarkOtaku wrote: Aw, come one! Help a guy out! I'll review your stuff. X|

wow thats hardcore. to me, a record deal is something that doesnt look like it will happen to me. however, i have made connections with people in the video game industry. give it time, and youll do fine. just keep working at it and maybe post some of you NG stuff on another site to double your chances? i dont know if thatll work, as people dont get picked up from their own independent sites. NG, despite its faulty AP system, is a great way to get noticed

D

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:17:48

At 9/22/06 06:09 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Jeremy from Pure Pwnage once said etc etc...

Fucking 1,000 respect points to you sir.

I <3 Pure Pwnage.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:23:53

At 9/22/06 06:17 PM, BlackNoise wrote:
At 9/22/06 06:09 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Jeremy from Pure Pwnage once said etc etc...
Fucking 1,000 respect points to you sir.

I <3 Pure Pwnage.

w00t! Episode #12 (the finale) is coming out (on the internet on) Nov. 6th! I also heard that once Kyle graduates from film school he might take Pure Pwnage into full production and like.. make a TV show out of it... and that'd be totally awesome.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:34:01

At 9/22/06 06:23 PM, Kirizzle wrote: w00t! Episode #12 (the finale) is coming out (on the internet on) Nov. 6th! I also heard that once Kyle graduates from film school he might take Pure Pwnage into full production and like.. make a TV show out of it... and that'd be totally awesome.

I think you just made me orgasm. Its been a while since I checked out that website though... I used to post there all the time.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:42:30

At 9/22/06 06:14 PM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 9/22/06 05:06 PM, DarkOtaku wrote: Aw, come one! Help a guy out! I'll review your stuff. X|
wow thats hardcore. to me, a record deal is something that doesnt look like it will happen to me. however, i have made connections with people in the video game industry. give it time, and youll do fine. just keep working at it and maybe post some of you NG stuff on another site to double your chances? i dont know if thatll work, as people dont get picked up from their own independent sites. NG, despite its faulty AP system, is a great way to get noticed

D

Doesn't matter. I'm pushing for a lot of things. But I'm not going to just sit back, and let any chance pass me by. I need quotes, and I'm working really hard on getting my stuff out there.
As for VG stuff, doing music for VGs and Movies is my lifelong dream (aside from making VGs and Movies; i have a lot of stories to tell). But doesn't mean that I'm not going to try. I'll be in my deathbed before I give up. I shall prevail!111oneoneone
As for the whole being pro thing. I'm going to University for music composition, and I got a scholarship for it. So back off on that front... no offense.
Either way, Artist quotes/Reviews/Anything would really help me out. I'm trying to put together a portfolio. It's not just for a record deal, it's for university as well. Please.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:44:43

At 9/22/06 06:09 PM, Kirizzle wrote: ...But if you are born a n00b, then you are n00b for life man....

hmm i think i know what youre saying..... ;P

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 18:51:39

At 9/22/06 06:09 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Jeremy from Pure Pwnage once said something like (I'll try to recollect this as best as I can since I don't feel like looking it up): "Pro-ness is not something you can achieve, you are either born a pro or born a n00b. When you are pro, you just pwn, like all the time dude. But if you are born a n00b, then you are n00b for life man. Sure, a pro could train a n00b to be good at like one map in CS and stuff, but then the n00b will just be a trained n00b. He can then pwn other n00bs in one map and stuff, but he'll still never going be a pro, and still suck at other maps."

Basically what Jeremy was trying to say was: some of us just aren't cut out to make music, at least not any worth selling. Some are born with musical talent and skill like Paragon and Rage, and others like me have no artistic or musical talent whatsoever. I'm just a trained n00b and I know it. Sure I know some tips and tricks on how to make DNB but for Paragon it's practically instinct... and how am I suppose to beat that? I can't, I can only get better and improve but no matter how much I improve I'll still just be a trained n00b and never have the same intuition that Paragon has when it comes to making DNB. It's as simple as that.

Sooo... know your limits and stick to the stuff that comes naturally to you if you ever want to become great at something... and for the vast majority of the audio artists in the AP, that something isn't music, most of us here are just enthusiasts that make music for fun.

Meh, don't blow up at me but I totally don't agree as the quote totally is the oppossite of my ethics and beliefs.

Some people or born with an amazing natural talent. They are the best at this thing... simply as you put it a "pro".

Other people... through weeks,months,years, or decades of blood sweat and tears through their effort and belife and devotion reach up to the level of those born with the talent and continue to rise possibly even beyond.

I can clearly understand where you are coming from and what you are saying. And I can firmly say I disagree and feel it is not true... tho' of course... "true if you belive it's true... not true if you don't." Whoever said that...

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 19:59:21

Naw, that's okay, I was expecting someone to say what you said while I was typing up my post. I suppose it's true that through hard work and sweat that you can achieve the professional level without any musical talent, although considering how lazy the world today, I wouldn't count on it. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 20:04:12

So, out of curiousity, how do you get a record deal? Hope that's not too nooby of a question, I seriously know nothing about it.

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 20:18:26

At 9/22/06 08:04 PM, Anth0n wrote: So, out of curiousity, how do you get a record deal? Hope that's not too nooby of a question, I seriously know nothing about it.

Nothing is a nooby question to me. This is for the sole reason that all of the frequent posters on this site that aren't labeled noobs, act more childish, and therefore noob-like than the noobs themselves. It's all the hostile noob-bashers that i can't stand.
Many record companies have their own policies, but basically here's what you need...

"an artist biography"
http://www.musicbiza..ticles/artistbio.htm

"artist quotes"
postive ones, obviously
"a demo cd"
4-5 songs will do
"contact info"

NOTE: I'm applying to virgin canada, among other places. I really like VC's policy, because they don't care how old you are or what y ou're like or anything like that. They take your music, and your music alone into serious consideration. And the contact you whether or not you're excepted.

BTW; stop being assholes and leave some reviews. I'd review your stuff if you asked.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 20:28:55

After reading the entire thread

Yeah, well, Audio Advertisements.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-22 20:43:29

*sigh* okay, okay

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 04:27:29

Meh, don't blow up at me but I totally don't agree as the quote totally is the oppossite of my ethics and beliefs.

Some people or born with an amazing natural talent. They are the best at this thing... simply as you put it a "pro".

Yep.

Other people... through weeks,months,years, or decades of blood sweat and tears through their effort and belife and devotion reach up to the level of those born with the talent and continue to rise possibly even beyond.

I disagree. A good example is, even if a "noob" trained alot, the "pros" will be doing the same. The end result is the pro pwning the noob. Which is why that whole quote, is a true metaphor that basically says, "those with skill, are better then those without".

I just wanted to post, to defend Pure Pwnages awsomeness.
On topic; I believe you already quoted me, didn't you?

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 04:29:19

double post w00t!

I forgot to mention, im g-rave

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 04:58:31

At 9/22/06 08:18 PM, DarkOtaku wrote:

NOTE: I'm applying to virgin canada, among other places. I really like VC's policy, because they don't care how old you are or what y ou're like or anything like that. They take your music, and your music alone into serious consideration. And the contact you whether or not you're excepted.

Well sir, if they only take your music into consideration, why do you need quotes at all? I've never in my life heard of people including quotes when they submit their music to companies. Still, maybe its different in the US.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 05:01:39

or Canada :P

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 06:25:13

I need quotes for my portfolio, whether or not I'm applying for a record deal. But I need a portfolio to apply. Therefore I need quotes. They do focus on the music, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any requirements.

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 08:04:27

well it's a toughy this one, you want qoutes from people for your portfolio, from people who aren't recognised in the industry, attached to any label or have any rspect outsde of this very small audio community. you'd be better off trying to get some qoutes from radio stations who'll play your music etc, but we might as well be you writing em out for yourself. i mean i could give you a qoute, but whats the point in all honesty?

Response to For the love of god! I Need Quotes! 2006-09-23 09:45:56

I think I have to agree with pinkbikerider...