00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

721,225 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 17:53:37

There is also a big difference between sarcastic idle threats and real threats.

Callum isn't going to come to your house in his car, pick you up and take you to Jordan's house where you will both murder him and stash the body.

It just ain't gonna happen.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:05:59

OMG guys just knock it off. Some people are more sensative than others. It's time to just let it rest and move on with your lives unless you want to write an eSoap Opera and call it "The Days of Newgrounders' Lives" or something.

Hmm

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:07:10

At 1/15/07 06:05 PM, Jessii wrote:
Hmm

Good idea, but first you should all get your free solaris CDs.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:08:30

At 1/15/07 06:07 PM, Jordan wrote: Good idea, but first you should all get your free solaris CDs.

Tell me about Solaris as I start writing this eDrama or eSoap.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:10:56

Solaris isn't very good in my opinion.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:13:53

At 1/15/07 06:10 PM, Gutya wrote: Solaris isn't very good in my opinion.

You have to back up that comment with some evidence.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:15:20

Not when it's an opinion.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:22:44

At 1/15/07 06:15 PM, Gutya wrote: Not when it's an opinion.

There has to be some thought behind an opinion?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-15 18:24:32

Jeesus.

I just don't like the look of it.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 11:12:37

I had to go on this trip today with school to this poetry reading day. It was better than I expected it to be. My phone rang during one of the poems which was quite funny, and because there were hundreds of people there from many different schools we all decided to blue tooth loads of images round and we started a craze. We all got bored of that though so we decided to have a competition about who could clap first after each of the poems, this resulting in spontaneous clapping during many of the boring poems as we all tried to gage when it was going to end.

We also weren't supposed to out of the theatre, but me and some friends did any way at every opportunity. At lunch we went to Starbucks and came back with Frappes which was really amusing because the teachers were like "Where did you get that" I was like "There was a Starbucks man in the foyer giving out free samples... didn't you see him?"

All in all it's been quite an amusing day. I only had to be there at 10 and could leave at 3 so it's been much shorter than a school day. The best two poets were Simon Armitage and John Agard by far.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a decent layout sorted in Fireworks for v2 of my portfolio at www.samhulse.co.uk - i want something pretty clean, neat and maybe a little web 2.0 action in there, but I was really struggling for ideas last night, so iTunes is open with a bit of He Is Legend blasting out. It's all good.

Anyone been up to much today?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 11:23:09

went to go work on my fraternity's website for a few minutes and was greeted by this on the front page: http://www.nukappasinfonians.net/error/mainpa gehacked.htm

suppose i deserve it, since the way it happened was MORE than obvious. i suppose ill just have to find a different approach next time.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 11:28:23

At 1/16/07 11:12 AM, smulse wrote: Words

Sounds like you had a fun day. :)

Aww man, I love your portfolio the way it is.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 11:34:38

At 1/16/07 11:23 AM, authorblues wrote: went to go work on my fraternity's website for a few minutes and was greeted by this on the front page: http://www.nukappasinfonians.net/error/mainpa gehacked.htm
suppose i deserve it, since the way it happened was MORE than obvious. i suppose ill just have to find a different approach next time.

Some people really don't have a life. That guy needs to go get a girlfriend or something.

At 1/16/07 11:28 AM, Gutya wrote:
At 1/16/07 11:12 AM, smulse wrote: Words
Sounds like you had a fun day. :)
Aww man, I love your portfolio the way it is.

Haha yeah it was a good laugh. I don't really like the layout at the minute though really. I made it in a few hours just so I had something there in the mean time while I develop one I really like. I don't know, it's just a bit small and lacks most of the things I wanted I wanted to put on it.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 12:09:43

At 1/16/07 11:34 AM, smulse wrote:
At 1/16/07 11:23 AM, authorblues wrote: went to go work on my fraternity's website for a few minutes and was greeted by this on the front page: http://www.nukappasinfonians.net/error/mainpa gehacked.htm
Some people really don't have a life. That guy needs to go get a girlfriend or something.

He also hacked an internet friend of mine's site, google his name to see how sad he really is.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 12:14:41

At 1/16/07 11:37 AM, sam wrote:
At 1/16/07 11:12 AM, smulse wrote: awesome day.
I am jealous >:(
I've had a pretty shit day, feel really bad, cough, headache an feel like i might pass out. Yay.

Ahh well I hope you feel better soon.

Also, frappa-howeveryouspellthems are amazingly nice, what flavour you get?

I got Mocha flavour. I love chocolate haha! My mate bought Strawberry.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 12:48:23

At 1/16/07 12:40 PM, sam wrote: Strawberry are the best, with loads of sugar, and some of the chocolate powder stuff =D

Starbucks > Strawberry Clock

pwned

Programming Regs Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 12:58:41

My day was interesting. I went to pick up parts from getting black anodized (they weren't ready yet) so then I came to work. Then I got the call that they were ready and I went back across town to pick them up. Got back, sorted everything out, sent out whatever needed to be sent and then lunch came around. Now I'm waiting for my uncle to get back because I need to know if he needs me to pick anything up at the hardware store when I go over there. Then I have to go deliver lots of parts to a customer. Interestingly boring day, as usual! lol

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 15:14:05

Got a nice domain the other day.
Im currently working on FightingTheSystem.com
Its going to be a site full of articles i write about controversial topics (mainly because i enjoy writting about controversial topics =P)
Firstly im gonna get to work on a few articles and then im gonna start coding a CMS for the site that will allow users to comment on the articles.

CodeDatabase.co.uk is coming along nicley, and XionGames.net is currently getting a total makeover.

Hopefully ill be able to launch my portfolio with some nice content late january/early febuary.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 15:20:09

At 1/16/07 03:14 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
CodeDatabase.co.uk is coming along nicley,

I saw some of the pages, they look spectacular, but I dont think I was suppost to see them :P

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-16 15:28:05

At 1/16/07 03:20 PM, IT-Geek wrote:
At 1/16/07 03:14 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote:
CodeDatabase.co.uk is coming along nicley,
I saw some of the pages, they look spectacular, but I dont think I was suppost to see them :P

Thanks alot, i really appreciate that =)
I posted a page because of a PHP problem i was having on these forums, so some of the regs probably saw the layout =P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-17 16:39:20

At 1/16/07 03:28 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Thanks alot, i really appreciate that =)
I posted a page because of a PHP problem i was having on these forums, so some of the regs probably saw the layout =P

I had a quick peak at it just now :P

Ohh by the way, opinions on my new layout please.
*clicky*. As a replacement for the current one at www.samhulse.co.uk

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-17 16:53:19

At 1/17/07 04:39 PM, smulse wrote:
At 1/16/07 03:28 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Thanks alot, i really appreciate that =)
I had a quick peak at it just now :P

Ohh by the way, opinions on my new layout please.
*clicky*. As a replacement for the current one at www.samhulse.co.uk

I like the new one much better except for the green background for the links, the color is fine, it's just that the gray text looks bad on it I think

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-17 18:09:27

I made a huge acomplishment today. I made a horrible tutorial, hurray! Well, I guess it was okay but I could try to do much better :P.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-17 18:54:49

At 1/17/07 06:09 PM, blah569 wrote: I made a huge acomplishment today. I made a horrible tutorial, hurray! Well, I guess it was okay but I could try to do much better :P.

And that's any different from any other of your tutorials?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-17 19:23:42

At 1/17/07 06:54 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 1/17/07 06:09 PM, blah569 wrote: I made a huge acomplishment today. I made a horrible tutorial, hurray! Well, I guess it was okay but I could try to do much better :P.
And that's any different from any other of your tutorials?

Owned.

-Disregard females (fuck bitches)

-Acquire currency (get money)

-Ignite cannabis frequently (smoke sum with your homies)

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-18 03:42:47

Woot, free sticker samples!

What is this?

Programming Regs Lounge

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-18 07:15:17

At 1/18/07 03:42 AM, Jordan wrote: Woot, free sticker samples!

What is this?

Looks like address labels to me.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-18 11:35:24

At 1/17/07 04:49 PM, sam wrote:
At 1/17/07 04:39 PM, smulse wrote: Ohh by the way, opinions on my new layout please.
In comparasion i prefer the current one because of it's more simplistic look.
Also, did you make them in fireworks?

Yeah but it was a little too basic I think, and didn't really look as clean as I want. And yeah, I use Fireworks, why you ask?

At 1/17/07 04:53 PM, Bizarro wrote: I like the new one much better except for the green background for the links, the color is fine, it's just that the gray text looks bad on it I think

Thanks, I wasn't too sure about that either I'm going to have a play around with the link styles a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-18 11:56:00

I agree with Bizzaro.
It looks much better, but the green background on the links ruins the entire design.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2007-01-18 12:06:31

At 1/18/07 11:56 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: links ruins the entire design.

:'(

BBS Signature