00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zackstack96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

721,219 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 06:56:48

At 7/21/08 09:51 PM, Wreckages wrote: oh wait this isn't video gaming

Hai thur, I av dis problems with my actionschript I am in thar pRogramming Forums and sctionscript is programming even thow it BLATANTLY says actionscript in thu FLarsh Forums.

In other news, I'm off to Ikea soon yay!

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 06:58:25

At 7/22/08 06:56 AM, smulse wrote: In other news, I'm off to Ikea soon yay!

I'm off to work soon.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 07:00:30

At 7/22/08 06:58 AM, Jessii wrote:
I'm off to work soon.

Ahh work. If only I knew what that was. Whatever it is, I'm always in trouble for not doing enough of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 07:02:53

At 7/22/08 06:58 AM, Jessii wrote:
I'm off to work soon.

i'm off to town soon

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 19:13:20

So...I know the whole "Dark Knight was the best movie ever" crowd will be mad when I say this, but...

...Speed Racer was better.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 19:36:44

At 7/22/08 07:13 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: So...I know the whole "Dark Knight was the best movie ever" crowd will be mad when I say this, but...

...Speed Racer was better.

If you're serious, I'll personally cut your head off.

You ARE joking, aren't you?

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-22 22:51:35

Nope. The Dark Knight was an awesome cinematic adventure. It had amazing acting, and amazing story, and stayed true to the comic more than anything Tim Burton touched.

Speed Racer was just better, though.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 00:17:32

At 7/22/08 10:51 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Nope. The Dark Knight was an awesome cinematic adventure. It had amazing acting, and amazing story, and stayed true to the comic more than anything Tim Burton touched.

Speed Racer was just better, though.

I have utterly lost all respect for you as a human being.

Speed Racer was a giant Hot Wheels commercial.

Still can't see how you actually LIKED it...

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 02:22:26

It remember watching a few episodes when I was little. I loved the idea, and even though I didn't see it that often, I found it one of my favorite shows. I thought the race scenes came straight from the cartoon, done very well.

And it's really that big of a deal that I don't think Dark Knight was better than Speed Racer? I thought we were closer than that :(

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 04:26:47

And it's really that big of a deal that I don't think Dark Knight was better than Speed Racer? I thought we were closer than that :(

It's not that big a deal, but I'm making it dramatic, because that's the first time I've ever heard that.

I apologize, I still wont believe it though. :)

hugs? or, no, that would be gay.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 05:17:33

At 7/23/08 05:01 AM, VBAssassin wrote:

Hey Scott! :)

In other news, I had a "bah, what the hell" moment yesterday and went and bought a new phone. I know it's a Samsung model, not sure what exactly, I'll try and find out. Touch screen, 4GB memory, so it's acting as my new MP3 player, nice camera, the full works. My old phone was in desperate need of an upgrade and this one was only £80 so I like I said, I thought "bah, what the hell" :)

Aha, this is it;
http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/Samsun g/U600%20Black

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 05:43:00

At 7/23/08 05:17 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Aha, this is it;

Looks pretty nice. Is it all touch screen or does it have a slide out keypad as well? When I was getting my new phone, I didn't want anything all touchscreen (apart from iPhone - as it's got a different type of nicer technology behind it) I was offered the Viewty but turned it down and I was using my mates the other day and it was so horrible and slow to type on. Didn't like it at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 07:05:21

News people. I have done my initiatin thing to this site and gotten a ban for no reason. A fucking discrace in my opinion. And here is the story beind it.

This all stems from the politics forum! A place for opinions and debates, no??? Anyway in the Thatcher thread -> http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9379 33 it ofcourse came to proving she shouldnt deserver her state funeral. The main points given were the fact she about ruined the country, forced millions into poverty. Her treatment towards the miners strike, and the hunger strikers. Then the main off-topic argument about her not negotiating with them.

Long story short Cellardoor6 the arse he is, decided to astick his nose in. And basically talked out of his arse about politics he dosnt know anything about and has no place commenting on. (You dont see me commenting on US politics for example) So he eventually got talked onto a corner. He began repeating himself and not answering questions.

So after him igrongin a few points I made, I simply quoted a crutial point he ignored, made by the person he was responding to. This wasnt my point, one I found interesting, and one which most of his argument depended on the response. Which he then again ignored.

So that was the ed of it, and my final post was confirming the fact he couldnt answer and was talking our of his arse (but I said that in better english of course) and posted a link to a bit of comedy, proving an earlier point about her lack of popularty none the less.

But this was deleted and I was banned for 3 days, well not so bad because I didnt log in again until the ban was half done, but their you go. Pic of the banage to follow. Heres a link to the related video.

Some quality 'Mock The Week' -> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzNhLRAgE U

In other news I got 2 PMs the day both identical but from two differnet users? Anyone else get

I was lurking around on the internet when I stumbled upon a game that redefines the gaming experience. That game is called 4Chan Fandango. The graphics don't beat those of professional studios, but the gameplay is where this gem really shines. Due to the loose controls, unbridled freedom, and innovative design, the game captures your attention and refuses to let it go. Personally, I've almost finished the game and I can say that I enjoyed every second that I played. Before I attempt to finish this epic game, I'm going to lock my door and hang up a sign on it that reads: "Door's closed, due to 4Chan Fandango."

From Burnzoid and Kuro????

Thats about if for me :)

Programming Regs Lounge

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 07:44:33

At 7/23/08 07:05 AM, Jon-86 wrote: I have gotten a ban for no reason. A fucking discrace in my opinion.

Welcome to Newgrounds

In other news I got 2 PMs the day both identical but from two differnet users? Anyone else get 4Chan Fandango.

It's a virus.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 07:49:42

A figured as much :P And a dont really download anything, especially from people a dont know. The only exe Ive ran recently that could have fucked me up was dELtalucas gooey physics thing with boxes. And a doubt he would be looking to screw people over. Such warnings should be reserved for outside the regs lounge ;-)

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 09:41:44

i got that from burnzoid too, i think he's just bitter because his computer got fucked over by that virus and he had to reformat.

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 09:54:09

is the name gambuzy is a good name for a games website?

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 09:56:02

At 7/23/08 09:54 AM, Dqws wrote: is the name gambuzy is a good name for a games website?

hows that pronounced?

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 10:59:34

At 7/23/08 09:56 AM, Wreckages wrote:
At 7/23/08 09:54 AM, Dqws wrote: is the name gambuzy is a good name for a games website?
hows that pronounced?

Urrh troll is annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 11:13:03

At 7/23/08 10:59 AM, smulse wrote: Urrh troll is annoying.

well i'm an idiot

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 11:42:28

At 7/23/08 06:03 AM, citricsquid wrote:
At 7/23/08 05:01 AM, VBAssassin wrote: What would be really impressive would be if you actually got some accounting software such as quickbooks to manage it ;-) Thats what my web dev company uses.
Maybe. I'm using excel for the time being as I know how to use it :) I'll take a look at quickbooks, ty :)

that was sarcasm wasn't it?

Quickbooks is actually really complicated. It took me around 3 months just to start using it, and it has a ton of features that you probably won't need. Not to mention it's really strict with amounts, and allows absolutely no leeway when it comes to mathematical mistakes. I recommend Quicken Home and Business, as it's easier to use, not so strict, and it's cheaper. At first, it might be daunting, but once you have a system set up, you'll just be sitting back and watching your money grow.

This account is no longer active. Let this signature serve as the only existing tribute to this account's former greatness.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 11:57:00

At 7/23/08 10:59 AM, smulse wrote:
At 7/23/08 09:56 AM, Wreckages wrote:
hows that pronounced?
Urrh troll is annoying.

lol, I hate trolls, and why do they even bother?

Jon-86 said: "Banned...etc."

Yea, that was a totally banned for no reason. That sucks, but it's only three days. Mods should know that the political forum is bound to have arguments, it's what it was made for. :)

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 12:11:35

I also got that PM... Except even if I downloaded it, it would have no effect whatsoever on my Mac. Even if I was using Windows, I still wouldn't download it, as I don't really care about games.

This account is no longer active. Let this signature serve as the only existing tribute to this account's former greatness.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 13:46:57

At 7/23/08 05:43 AM, smulse wrote: does it have a slide out keypad as well?

Yessum.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 17:11:37

I wish there was a way of dealing with abusive pms other than blocking the sender.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 18:38:34

At 7/23/08 06:15 PM, citricsquid wrote: eventually.

well done man :)

now go! go get some rest!

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 18:59:30

At 7/23/08 06:54 PM, citricsquid wrote

lmao.
anyway, bought ssl certificate, so im even more professional, lmao

are excel sheets not enough for you?!

hello

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 19:01:25

At 7/23/08 06:54 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 7/23/08 06:38 PM, Wreckages wrote:
At 7/23/08 06:15 PM, citricsquid wrote: eventually.
well done man :)

now go! go get some rest!
lmao.

Nice, so now you can add "secure" to your long list of features. I can't wait to see what kind of design you'll whip up for Hostingsquid.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 19:10:39

At 7/23/08 05:48 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Uh, what more could you want? You want to be a little bitch and try to get the person banned or something?

Or something...

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2008-07-23 19:21:26

At 7/23/08 06:59 PM, Wreckages wrote: At 7/23/08 06:54 PM, citricsquid wrote
lmao.
are excel sheets not enough for you?!

Nope he wants padlocks and yellow address bars as well :D

At 7/23/08 07:01 PM, Anim8or666 wrote: Nice, so now you can add "secure" to your long list of features. I can't wait to see what kind of design you'll whip up for Hostingsquid.

Also neither can I haha lolol Sam's design skills are hawt.

At 7/23/08 07:10 PM, Jessii wrote:
At 7/23/08 05:48 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Uh, what more could you want? You want to be a little bitch and try to get the person banned or something?
Or something...

That came across as a bit rude :\ Ohh well, but it would probably be a good idea if they could be flagged in some way might have stopped this 4chan shit sooner (it's not gonna happen though).

BBS Signature