00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I have problems uploading my audio

709 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have created a track that I would be very happy to upload to the NG audio portal. However, when I try uploading it, I get a message telling me that my track seems to be empty. I have checked the following: It's in *.MP3 format, it's size is 2.05mb (smaller than the limit of 4000kb), it is sampled at a rate of 44100hz, and when i listen to it with i.e Windows Media Player it works perfectly fine. Anyone got a solution?

Response to I have problems uploading my audio 2006-08-12 19:38:52

Send it over to me. My Email/AIM is in my profile. I'll check it out and if I find anything wrong with it i'll fix it and send it back.

If anyone else knows what the problem is though, go ahead and tell him because i have no idea >_< just gunna try to get a better idea of whats going on by examining it.

~MS

Response to I have problems uploading my audio 2006-08-12 19:40:19

Yeah this has been adressed a lot of times - please use the Forum Search next time.
Anyway: you need another encoder. Some encoders export mp3s that NG for some reasons doesn't recognize. I think it checks for the extension first, then uploads it and finally changes the ID3-tag - apparently there is a format that this final part of the script doesn't work on.
A good choice is Audacity with the LAME encoder plug-in. It's free, check the Audio Sticky ("New to audio? Read this first!) for the link.

Response to I have problems uploading my audio 2006-08-12 19:42:42

Well, there you have it from the wonderfuly, witty, WinTang!

HAHAHAH wtf?

Response to I have problems uploading my audio 2006-08-12 19:54:54

Thanks guys. There are tonnes of options in my encoder that I haven't tried yet (partly because I don't know what they do), however, maybe I could make it work eventually :)

Response to I have problems uploading my audio 2006-08-12 20:18:33

Export it in the same program, then you wont have to go thru shit to get it to work.

LATAR,
-xXNovaXx-