00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My flash. Rating. Thingy.

483 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 01:20:43

Take a look at a little flash i made. I thought of making a site so i made this for it. I havent made it yet and due to the fact i have absolutely no html skills it wont be for a very long time. If anybody would like to help(i really doubt that) pm me. I would be very thankfull. All i made this for is to see what people think of the flash. I dont realy expect all replies to be nice but at least try to be. Ive been thinking of calling the site www.Flawst.com. And please try to be nice and tell me what you think about it. The flash is for the flash animations people would submit to my site. Just so you know. Oh, i almost forgot, can you find the secret? Its real! Just hard to find. (kinda)
Here is the link. Adress is http://img97.imagesh..?image=ratingma3.swf

banned

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 01:26:07

Why is there a blam this button? Is it equivalent to 0? Do those buttons actually send a score to a server where it calculates the average score? Isn't blam the NG word for delete? (if its really a word, not a NG invented word then wow. I can't believe I haven't googled/wikipedia searched for it yet =/)

BBS Signature

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 01:36:29

At 8/11/06 01:27 AM, chubbthehippo wrote: instead of that, u shoild just make a freewebs(no html!) it has rating system comments and all that. my site was dun in freewebs:

http://www.skinthecow.tk

(i just added it to tk to make the adress shorter)
i hav a rating n everything on all the flashes. u should start out with that

o and i found ur secret! poomp or watever

Im not a noob freeweb user that cant spell(you for example) and i would rather learn html and make an actual site. Btw i cant see your site.

banned

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 01:55:51

At 8/11/06 01:26 AM, DonutMaster9 wrote: Why is there a blam this button? Is it equivalent to 0?

Kinda, blaming removes the flash. I dont want a low score to.

Do those buttons actually send a score to a server where it calculates the average score?

It will when the site is made but for now it gets sent to my personal server.(dont ask) The score is currently 2.0 with only 4 ratings.

Isn't blam the NG word for delete?

Im not sure if its just an ng term or not but i hope its a real word.

banned

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 02:07:31

I hate that hippo. I am annoyed at his constant spanking and yet. I cant look away. Dam you spanking hippo! Dam you!!!!

banned

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 02:14:19

Wow, quad post. Sombody plz pm me if you know html, know where to learn html, want to help me in someway or want to know about what the site is going to be. Ill answer in the morning.

banned

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 02:18:51

At 8/11/06 02:07 AM, -Kumari- wrote: I hate that hippo. I am annoyed at his constant spanking and yet. I cant look away. Dam you spanking hippo! Dam you!!!!

Hmmm that was a productive post.

So, is there an incentive to make people upload stuff to your site?

You say you have no html skills. Do you relize how much work you're going to have to put into this site to have people upload stuff, and have a rating system? Since you have no html, first you're going to have to learn html. Then, I beleive making a portal/having people upload stuff, w/e you wanna call it, requires more than that. (Idk what though, as I'm no expert in this field. its something like php or javascript, w/e)

www.Flawst.com? Any particular reason why you picked that? (imo its pretty rememberable and catchy :))

Why's there a secret in your flash voting system thing?

Would the flash voting thing be at the end of each movie that supposedly will be uploading to your site? Or will it be next to it, like on NG?

Don't freakin quad post, the BBS is slow now because its so late/early (depending on how you see it) Just wait for people who don't sleep to come on and post (like me)

I rather like the hippo and his spanking.

BBS Signature

Response to My flash. Rating. Thingy. 2006-08-11 15:54:57

You say you have no html skills. Do you relize how much work you're going to have to put into this site to have people upload stuff, and have a rating system?

Yes, but it will hopefully be worth it in the end. And im not going to make all of it at once.
First the home page that will have the news and top scoring flash. 2nd The forum and user system. 3rd I will make a page with flash on it and let people email me their flashes. 4th When my site becomes more popular ill work on normal submiting.

Since you have no html, first you're going to have to learn html.

Got any sites i can learn how to?

www.Flawst.com? Any particular reason why you picked that? (imo its pretty rememberable and catchy :))

It sounds cool. It looks cool. Its short. Thats why =]

Why's there a secret in your flash voting system thing?

Look around with your mouseand youl find it. Its not going to be in the final version.

Would the flash voting thing be at the end of each movie that supposedly will be uploading to your site? Or will it be next to it, like on NG?

You click the link to the flash and it pops up a window. That window will have the flash and the rating thing below. And some advertising. I need money ya know! Thats how live!

Just wait for people who don't sleep to come on and post (like me)

Lol. Dont do that to much. You will begin to suck at anything that requires concentration. Like spelling>=[

banned