00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Make a track by sight alone...

1,295 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 17:26:23

ive had this idea for quite a while now. its pretty self explanitory. you have to make a track however u like. The only proviso is that you dont listen to it at all during the creative process.

it will display a number of things i expect, how knowledgable your are with the basics of sequencing music, and also how habitual u are when u make a track. ie: using the same keys / rhythmns often. anyways

im gonna have a go and ill upload it soon.

OMGWHO'SWITHME?!!!!!!!

k

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 17:33:36

omg,
waga bursts onto the forums with an ejaculation of a great idea (check my use of the english language) have done this b4, is fun. i'm definately in. we're gonna have to rely on every1 to be honest if they're gonna try this, not that i'm suggesting that any1 on these forums are anything other than model citizens. yeh, needs a quirky name... like... dunno... waga, ur the one with the brains, ability, cullinary skills, sense of humour, lion taming skills, plate spinning etc

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 17:36:07

deafman's stuff, as apposed to blindman's bluff? geddit?

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 17:37:06

erm, i think so, 1 min lemme think about that

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:42:12

just thought what would be more impressive - making a tune blind folded, good luck with that 1

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:43:38

Wait...so your not allowed to play it in by keyboard...

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:44:59

At 8/8/06 06:43 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: Wait...so your not allowed to play it in by keyboard...

u can do it however u like, just so long as the sound on your machine is turned down

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:46:51

You allowed a metronome...otherwise its sureally all gonna be out of time?

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:49:30

oooooo this looks pretty cool.

my keyboard has the notes written on it, well i say keyboard i mean mini mofo. a yamaha qy20 its bloody ace, if this is still goin tomoz i'll definately get summat going.

Make a track by sight alone...

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:50:02

At 8/8/06 06:46 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: You allowed a metronome...otherwise its sureally all gonna be out of time?

not a problem if ur gonna be sequencing, but no sound are the rules:P you could look at the screen at what the cursor is doing and then quantise the notes or drag em on the beat or summin. think of all the poor def electronic musicians, they overcome adversity everyday... and there are children starving in china

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 18:50:07

At 8/8/06 06:49 PM, pitbulljones wrote: my keyboard has the notes written on it,

lol...oh dear...music for beginners

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 19:38:43

At 8/8/06 06:43 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: Wait...so your not allowed to play it in by keyboard...

argueably it would be better not play it on a keyboard because that would be somehow rehearsed but, drawing the notes is probably even worse for that sort of bias. anyway, for those people who play stuff in, try and cover your eyes aswell.
go for the full on wig out jazz death chords.

it may be worth while imposing some kind of time restriction on yourself aswell.but this is all up to you really, this isnt meant to be draconian just a bit of fun.

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-08 20:43:15

I already did something like this a while ago, 6 or more months ago?

I made a song with the speakers off. Twas fun.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-09 06:19:58

At 8/8/06 08:43 PM, -ZEENON- wrote: I already did something like this a while ago, 6 or more months ago?

I made a song with the speakers off. Twas fun.

could u pm me a link to it, id like to hear

Response to Make a track by sight alone... 2006-08-10 01:03:26

So this is what you electronic musicians do for fun...?
I'll just perch over in the corner, with my guitar, me thinks...

I know I'm an asshole. Reminding me is redundant.

BBS Signature