00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

war for oil

1,466 Views | 23 Replies

war for oil 2003-02-24 14:09:12

bush is not fighting for anti terrorisme and we all know that,he is fighting for the oil thats my oppinion
i dont know if this is right i can by wrong,but he is giving the impression that hes fighting for the oil and not for anti terrorisme.

i am thinking this because he is giving the weapons inspecters few time to inspect the whole contrie in a few months

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 15:01:56

youre right,but there always going to be people thats wont stop sending the same shit

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 15:47:28

Shut up dumbshit! It's not over oil! GO get some statistics before creating shit opinions like this! Show me statistics that America doesn't have enough oil and you might change my opinion...Also a president would not risk the lives of his army just for oil...No one is that evil...

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 16:32:36

Wait, are you serious?!?! The war is about OIL???!??!! I thought it was about FLOWERS!

God dammit man, every jackass here has their own "omg teh war is teh suxx0r" topic...

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 17:17:10

At 2/24/03 03:47 PM, SparkyCS3 wrote: Shut up dumbshit! It's not over oil! GO get some statistics before creating shit opinions like this! Show me statistics that America doesn't have enough oil and you might change my opinion...Also a president would not risk the lives of his army just for oil...No one is that evil...

sadaam destoys his people for no good reason. i think he's that evil and worse.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 18:01:46

Personally, I believe Iraq gassed the Kurds, but there is a large argument, based on CIA reports, suggesting the Iranians did it. The evidence of this is how a Blood Agent was used, not the typical Chlorine or Sarin Iraq was known to have.

Nevertheless, Saddam has commited gross atrocities which will not be tolerated.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-24 21:08:15

At 2/24/03 02:49 PM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote: Shut up already! There are way too many topics made by babbling idiots about the War on Iraq. No one is going to support you even if they're as far to the left as I am! It's stupid, non-researched threads like this that make every democrat look like a moron! :

When do you think people will come up with a better topic than this whole Iraq crap? Honestly, I have been hanging out in the General forum as this politic crap is getting boring...and Terry just stinks up the place.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-25 11:05:24

okay mayby it isent about oil but almost everybody in europ says that,i alsow know this isent about FLOWERS

you dont have to use sarcasme to me i am not stupid
(even if i look so)
im only 13,i dont lnow EVERYTHING

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-25 20:25:39

That's nice and all, but you're presenting your thoughts as FACT, Captain. Please, there are enough fucking topics like this.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 05:17:42

At 2/25/03 08:25 PM, UNpossible wrote: That's nice and all, but you're presenting your thoughts as FACT, Captain. Please, there are enough fucking topics like this.

I agree. I've been saying this for quite some time.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 06:55:30

i am not even going in discussion with this i dont whant this to end up in a "fighting" topic

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 06:57:04

No attack on you, captain. I was just tired of the bush threads.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 07:02:53

i am going to stop with posting topics if everybody just want to say some bad thing about you

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 07:08:59

A bit of advice-

Don't mention that, or people will bash the fuck out of you. They smell weakness.

Response to war for oil 2003-02-26 10:10:28

is that good or bad

BBS Signature

Response to war for oil 2003-02-27 11:08:44

I don't absolute agree Bush is fighting for oil, it's the singlest think that someone have to do. He is fighting to exterminate the terrorism in the world, he thinks Sadam Hussein is a tyrant of 3ยบ millenion, and putting him of the governament the terrorism will disapear. Wrong idea Jeorge W. Bush, putting Sadam Hussein of the governament of Iraq or killing him will make more terrorints attacks to USA and others coutries and will too increase the anti-united states thoughts!
Think better man, the best thing to do is put in the hands of iraq men the cituation. Lets leave this problem for them, its not our problem!

Response to war for oil 2003-02-27 18:21:01

Everything we use is made of hydrocarbons, are we just supposed to let the third world dictators control them?

Response to war for oil 2003-02-28 14:36:11

Sorry men, I'd have to read my posts more before post.
Just sorry.

Response to war for oil 2003-03-02 01:12:50

..this thread is a total waste of space, so but plz read my comment in this thread re: "war for oil", ktnx!

Response to war for oil 2003-03-02 01:15:08

war royal oil.

Response to war for oil 2003-03-03 01:41:30

At 2/24/03 02:09 PM, captain_dickhead wrote: bush is not fighting for anti terrorisme and we all know that,he is fighting for the oil thats my oppinion
i dont know if this is right i can by wrong,but he is giving the impression that hes fighting for the oil and not for anti terrorisme.

It's not about the goddamn oil. If it was about that, we'd cut Israel loose to make some friends with the Arabs, and we would've taken Iraq over the first time we had a chance. But we didn't.

Accordingly, if it were all about oil, why not invade a country with a smaller army and larger oil supplies, like Saudi Arabia? We could make up lots of things about why we hate the Saudi government. It's clearly not about oil.

Response to war for oil 2003-03-03 09:27:12

Cause oil still uniqe

Response to war for oil 2003-03-03 11:21:32

At 2/24/03 02:09 PM, captain_dickhead wrote: bush is not fighting for anti terrorisme and we all know that,he is fighting for the oil thats my oppinion

i am thinking this because he is giving the weapons inspecters few time to inspect the whole contrie in a few months

Fuckin right it's for oil . Iraq is loaded with black money . If they didn't have oil he would be fuckin concentrating on North Korea who has fuckin nukes loaded and ready to go .

Response to war for oil 2003-03-03 11:49:45

At 3/1/03 11:19 AM, Judge_DREDD (in thread "Idiots in Iraq") wrote:

you are listening to the 6 o'clock news every night arn't you!
Do you know that the "iraqi opposition" have already made deals with western oil companies to legitamize their power-play position when Saddam is removed, and the REAL battle for iraq begins in earnest behind closed doors. Opec will be on it's knees, and countries like Saudi Arabia will no longer be able to set their own oil price compared to the discounted contracts that have already being signed.
Russia knows this. The united Arab States know this. Texan Oil Merchants know this. But truth is, the American public would never complain about cheaper oil, and will care less if big business rides rough-shod over the assests of the "post-war" iraqi people...
so plz don't be so selfish with pro-war comments

Are these the comments you were referring to? They were in a response to a post that I made, so I would like to respond to them.

Yes, we are going to buy oil from post-war Iraq. That does not mean that the war is strictly about oil.

There are economic benefits from toppling Saddam. But many of the countries opposed to war, while claiming moral/ethical reasons for opposition to war ("Inspections are working, and war should only be used as a last resort!"), are opposed for economic reasons. France and Russia have oil contracts with the current regime, and are worried that they would lose these contracts if the government were overthrown.

You talk about the results of post-war oil trade as if they were a bad thing. What's so bad about OPEC not having as much control over oil prices? I doubt OPEC member nations would be hurt too much, and I like the idea of not paying as much at the pump. We need to reduce our dependence on OPEC, anyway.

As for your comment about big business "running roughshod" over the Iraqi people... the Iraqi people certainly have it good right now, don't they? Starving to death while Saddam uses oil money to build more weapons? The oil belongs to the people of Iraq, and it would be my assumption that the people would see more of the money from the oil trade under the post-war system.

And don't go saying that I support a "war for oil", because I would not support a war that was strictly about oil. This war is and always has been about disarming Saddam. Just think of the oil as a nice bonus.