00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cflash19 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I have an accordeon

881 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 14:12:05

Where the fuck did that come from?
My brother works at the junk yard, and he found it, and brought it for me since I am the most musical dude in the family (play piano and guiter, learning drums and want to own an aaccordeon and violin someday. Guess I got one of them)

does anybody here play the accordeon? I messed around with it but it appears t obe very hard. Are there any free lessons to be found on the internet, because that's how I learned guitar and Piano, by interwebs. Google can't find good accordeon stuff tough :(

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 14:27:56

i dont play accordian, i play piano.. so i got nothing

~Dj_Cargo~

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 14:30:21

Accordian is really uncommon... and if the all-knowing google had nothing... there is nothing O_O

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 16:30:15

well, from what i gather, you pull it apart and push it together to make sound. your right hand plays the melody on the keyboard and all of the buttons on the left side correspond to different chords. Hopefully they're labeled, if not, you'll have to label them yourself. I think it has Major, Minor, 7th, and diminished, and sometimes augmented chords. Try experimenting with it.

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 16:44:05

I envy you, I really do.

From what I have gathered, the buttons on the left (right?) control the chords while the piano keys on the right (left?) play the melody... best bet would be to fiddle around to see what you can get.

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 17:18:18

I couldn't really play around with it yet since the belt that is used to hang it around your shoulders is broken. I managed to toy a bit with the piano on the LEFT side tough, which is kind of do-able because I already know the piano.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-25 19:54:15

Lessons off the interent are genrally crap and hard to understand, thats what I have found anyway

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 00:03:06

At 7/25/06 02:27 PM, Electric_Spirit wrote: i dont play accordian, i play piano.. so i got nothing

If you don't have anything to contribute, then don't post.

Wait...

shit

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 03:50:10

i play oboe nothing else

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 05:40:23

accordions are awesome! i know about 4 people who play accordion, but i play violin, viola, piano, guitar, the turntables and the computer. i might just have to get one now...

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 05:43:54

At 7/26/06 05:40 AM, DJCityScape wrote: accordions are awesome! i know about 4 people who play accordion, but i play violin, viola, piano, guitar, the turntables and the computer. i might just have to get one now...

Do you play the turntables...are they're techincally an instrument?

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 06:02:40

At 7/26/06 05:43 AM, Love_Hate_War wrote:
At 7/26/06 05:40 AM, DJCityScape wrote: accordions are awesome! i know about 4 people who play accordion, but i play violin, viola, piano, guitar, the turntables and the computer. i might just have to get one now...

Not by definition, for something to be an instrument you have to at least be able to control the pitch.

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 06:37:08

At 7/26/06 06:02 AM, Khuskan wrote: Not by definition, for something to be an instrument you have to at least be able to control the pitch.

Wrong!

Definitions:
# a device that requires skill for proper use
# the means whereby some act is accomplished; "my greed was the instrument of my destruction"; "science has given us new tools to fight disease"
# a person used by another to gain an end
# equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling
# legal document: (law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right
# instrumental role: the semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process
# write an instrumental score for
# address a legal document to

Also note that a musical instrument is a device that has been constructed or modified with the purpose of making music. In principle, anything that produces sound, and can somehow be controlled by a musician, can serve as a musical instrument; but the expression is reserved generally to items that have that specific purpose.

pwnt

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to I have an accordeon 2006-07-26 07:11:25

At 7/26/06 05:43 AM, Love_Hate_War wrote:

apparently, according to metalcan. i still use the computer for pretty much everything though.

\" \ " / "/ - Myspace

\" \ " / "/ - Xenovora - my best song yet

\" \ " / "/ - my website

BBS Signature