00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Contest!!

917 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Contest!! 2006-07-13 04:29:07

well, guys, i was going to host a contest (and might still) having to do with a song i submitted (accidentally) entitled "AP - Castles in the Sky ",but it looks like well be moving back to chicago, and i will be unable to see ng for a while...but maybe while im gone you guys could brew up some ideas as to how this contest would work, such as awards and so forth. ive already got the structure of the contest:

see who can list the most countries named in the song (toward the end), with incorrect guesses causing penalties. i am, of course, the only person who knows them all.

thats about all ive got. if you are too lazy to see why this is a challenge, and have not already listened to the song or read the reviews, i will tell you:

ITS FAST!

and believe me, trying to download it and slow it down will not help you! :P

so, whatever. if this works, it works, if it doesnt, oh well...

later newgrounds

-Drew

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 05:12:13

At 7/13/06 04:29 AM, andrew_parker wrote: but it looks like well be moving back to chicago, and i will be unable to see ng for a while...

One post? You were never even here.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 15:15:46

At 7/13/06 05:12 AM, Khuskan wrote:
At 7/13/06 04:29 AM, andrew_parker wrote: but it looks like well be moving back to chicago, and i will be unable to see ng for a while...

listen to khuskans trax there cool
listen to my trax2

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 15:23:49

Come on guys, Andrew Parker is gonna be dissapointed!

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:10:15

:One post? You were never even here.
what, at the forum? so? who gives a fuck about the forum, its just a place for people to say pointless things ("One post? You were never even here.") to pretend they are hilarious

At 7/13/06 03:23 PM, Scribbler wrote: Come on guys, Andrew Parker is gonna be dissapointed!

not really...i dont care if this works or not, i just thought someone might be interested (even though i know i wouldnt be lol)

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:23:36

At 7/13/06 05:10 PM, andrew_parker wrote:
what, at the forum? so? who gives a fuck about the forum, its just a place for people to say pointless things ("One post? You were never even here.") to pretend they are hilarious

Well, considering you are holding a contest for the people on the fourm, it isn't a smart move to badmouth them and their home. The fact is, if we don't know you personally then we probably aren't going to be as enthusiastic about the contest you are hosting. Some of the regulars here have made contests and have been very successful (MaestroSorrow's contest, Solus' awards, etc.), but I doubt your's will be as popular. Also, it seems like a plug to have a contest about your own music.

Saying "who gives a fuck about the forum" is a pretty naive thing to say. I think most people here would say they've learned a lot more on the forum than in reviews and votes. If you want to get better at music you should discuss techniques with peers and ask for advice on a particular topic, along with give it.

I don't mean to sound hateful and no hard feelings intended, but I would seriously consider rethinking the contest and your attitude towards this forum.

BBS Signature

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:43:03

At 7/13/06 05:23 PM, DavidOrr wrote: Well, considering you are holding a contest for the people on the fourm, it isn't a smart move to badmouth them and their home....I would seriously consider rethinking the contest and your attitude towards this forum.

ok, let me rephrase that. it is not the forum i think is gay, it is the fact that the second poster of this thread (and probably everyone else here) beleives that just because i have one post, and, like you said, am not known personally to many of you, i have no reason to make a contest

i was not, in any way badmouthing the forum community (ok, not meaning to at least) i was only expressing my frustration at the thought that people with less posts are looked down upon, savy? good

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:47:01

in other words, instead of saying, "who gives a fuck about the forum, i meant to say, "who gives a fuck about the number of posts. the more posts youve got, the more it shows that you have no life :P

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:48:09

Just please, everyone. Don't start any argument that will lead this topic to a 100 replies. Please.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 17:54:32

At 7/13/06 05:48 PM, Watercolour wrote: Just please, everyone. Don't start any argument that will lead this topic to a 100 replies. Please.

sounds good...so is this contest off then?

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:01:49

by the way, that is what i am talking about, see watercolour? this is what the audio forum is full of, pointless arguements, which is why i dont use the forum, so i guess im done with the forum...thanks to this wonderfull welcoming crew. 6 posts and im done

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:08:50

I'm humbled before you. You definatley showed us and chewed us out man. -_-

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:11:06

Chill man.

So, not so many ppl liked the idea, well tough luck.
Ppl didn´t greet you that niceley tho, agreed with that, but hey, everyone who wrote in there are really nice guys anyway.
And by writing pointless things in the forum... well, after a while it´s really fun. The AF is quite tight and with few ppl, you´re most welcome here.
I promise, the attitude you´ll get in the general forum is rough, in here, it takes just a short amount of time until you´re reckognized. The fact that many ppl probably heard your music makes it even easier.

Take it easy, and give the AF another chanse, maybe you´ll learn to enjoy writing pointless stuff ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:14:20

True. When I came here I wasn't welcomed with open arms either ^^ but then again, I wasn't dissing the AF. Hell, i'm still adjusting ^^

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:27:42

At 7/13/06 06:14 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: True. When I came here I wasn't welcomed with open arms either ^^ but then again, I wasn't dissing the AF. Hell, i'm still adjusting ^^

And you are?...

LOL

Wakka wakka

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:31:55

Ow, that hurt. I'm bleeding.

:'(

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:39:29

Since I already have an Award Show in the works... So, there kind of wont be another one. Solus did last years Awards and now I am doing it this year... Maybe next year or maybe not.. Just depends on how good I am at Hosting it. Trust me, I am taking it VERY seriously and listening to almost every song I can. I am hoping to enlist a couple more people to listen to some music Heavy Metal/Rock in general, so people wont get robbed.

But it wont be until January.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:47:11

Whatever happened to those March and April competitions? They were a HUGE success. With like 20 contestants. I wanna organize another one.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:48:33

I personally wasn't trying to start an argument, I was trying to get him to think about what he was saying. I try to do that kind of stuff as nicely as possible, but things like that can only be sugar coated so much. I agree completely that newcommers shouldn't be bashed like they are here sometimes. Just because they are new to newgrounds doesn't mean they are new to forums, music, or that they think like a 10 year old. I wouldn't be suprised if some great artists have been scared away because of some of the intolerance on the forum.

Andrew has some great material here on Newgrounds, and I hope he hasn't been turned off too much by the AF community, because he probably could offer some nice contributions to the forum.

BBS Signature

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:50:02

At 7/13/06 06:31 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: Ow, that hurt. I'm bleeding.

'(

And I can barely breathe.

from laughing so hard

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:51:27

At 7/13/06 06:11 PM, Rucklo wrote: Take it easy, and give the AF another chanse, maybe you´ll learn to enjoy writing pointless stuff ;)

yeah lol i will, youre quite right, i just dont like people that think they know everything and try to act all cool

like mister david orr, here

thanks for showing up, REAL welcome crew, even if it was late lol

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:53:07

I succesfully caught one country.

South Africa?

If I'm right then I'm pwning you all.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 18:55:53

just kidding david, i understand why you were saying what you were saying, i was totally a moron to say that the audio forum is a waste and to bash on you all, so here is my public apology...

sorry

there *takes a deep breath and exhales* i feel much better now

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 19:06:51

At 7/13/06 06:53 PM, Watercolour wrote: I succesfully caught one country.

South Africa?

If I'm right then I'm pwning you all.

lol, i would tell you but that would give advantage to others...i could pm you and tell you, but that would mean you are done guessing and your final score at the highest is 1 pt... so im guessing youd rather tell me all of your guesses? it must be here in the audio thread though, no pms cause then people can see for themselves why whoever won won

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 19:09:30

is it just me, or is the pic for level 4 ugly?

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 19:13:03

At 7/13/06 07:09 PM, andrew_parker wrote: is it just me, or is the pic for level 4 ugly?

Yes it is. 4 more days. Let's not discuss our n00b levels here.

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-13 19:25:50

At 7/13/06 07:13 PM, Watercolour wrote: Let's not discuss our n00b levels here.

ok, lol...

well, its past midnight for me now, and im gonna go to bed, dont wanna be tired during the move...thanks guys, and may the force see what happens to this contest

goodnight

Response to Contest!! 2006-07-14 15:02:48

Lemme just say, it takes a long time to be accepted in the AF...I joined over a year ago and I'm still not considered one of the "regulars"

Now, end of discussion. Because I say so...and I'm kewl.

...n'stuff.

a