00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

More stolen audio?

2,566 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 08:40:45

Check here.

I'm 99.9% sure thats stolen. It sounds like its from the Crimson Tide/deep blue sea soundtrack (same melody) and the quality of the instruments is somewhat... too good. Is there anyone out there with either of the soundtracks who can confirm it?

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 10:47:32

Well I can do similar orchestra samples with a few of my VSTs' banks, so the instruments might not be 'too real'. The Composition however seems a bit more than somthing suited 'for a flash'. If I had made somthing like that I'd be parading it as the #1 classical track released on newgrounds, so yes, I suspect that this is stolen. Perhaps a classical guru can swing by and ID the track.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 12:35:12

if it is stolen the he chose a shit assquality version to steal. the instruments don't sound real at all. and it barely has any reverb. i think he made it, or stole it from somebody else who made it. but it's definitly not the original from something major. that track sounds like crap and no professional score musician would leave that track as it is to be used in a movie.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 12:50:13

From a review:

'But this not yours.This track comes from Heroes of Might and Magic 3.This one is fortress's theme.
Goblin home,from the same,is barbarian town's theme.
Power of Undying,from the same,is necropolis theme.
Hordes of Inferno,from the same,is Demon town's theme.So,next time,try to submit yours-_-'

Sounds like fair proof to me... The quality seems to match the sort of semi-synthesized oversampled gamemusic of RPG games...

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 12:58:35

At 6/21/06 12:50 PM, Khuskan wrote: From a review:

'But this not yours.This track comes from Heroes of Might and Magic 3.This one is fortress's theme.
Hordes of Inferno,from the same,is Demon town's theme.So,next time,try to submit yours-_-'

Sounds like fair proof to me... The quality seems to match the sort of semi-synthesized oversampled gamemusic of RPG games...

it could be. heroes of might and magic 3 huh? i'll check out what i got on that and let ya know.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 13:01:36

ok. i was wrong. it's stolen directly from the game. i slap myself.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 13:19:48

At 6/21/06 01:01 PM, mhb wrote: ok. i was wrong. it's stolen directly from the game. i slap myself.

Are you certain? he could have resampled it. Thats what he said in responce to that review.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 13:40:34

At 6/21/06 01:19 PM, Khuskan wrote:
At 6/21/06 01:01 PM, mhb wrote: ok. i was wrong. it's stolen directly from the game. i slap myself.
Are you certain? he could have resampled it. Thats what he said in responce to that review.

the only resamplin' that he did was in the quality. the game itself had the midi's at a 22khz quality. he just re-sampled 'em to 44khz. that's about it.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 13:45:57

http://www.newground..993348&sub=53046

there i found some more stolen shit. x his ass. it's straight from the final fantasy x soundtrack. fuckin' leeches.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 15:10:03

If he's stolen those... I doubt the other ones are his original works. Why would you steal when you can do it yourself? No one is that lazy...

This is a bit off topic... but i'm surprised that piece only scored a 2.00 currently.

Many times I find thefts steal music and don't get caught for quite a while... then they get a bit cocky and blow their cover.

I think thats what this guy just did.

X.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 15:18:36

I have just sent a PM to him, asking him to come clean in this thread if he admits stealing. In that case, I suggeset he shall be allowed to deal with it himself, without any flaming from anyone.
I haven´t made sure anything iss stolen myself, therefore I have not "X"ed anything. However I do think I reckognise some of his work.

mhb, can you provide a link of some sort or other proof that at least something of his work is stolen?

Wakka wakka

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-21 15:21:44

At 6/21/06 01:40 PM, mhb wrote:
At 6/21/06 01:19 PM, Khuskan wrote:
the only resamplin' that he did was in the quality. the game itself had the midi's at a 22khz quality. he just re-sampled 'em to 44khz. that's about it.

Still that wouldn´t matter, slightest sampe you have no permission using is a "X" candidate, and a delight for our ears to once again listen to the "blow my whistle loop (do Newgrounds have permission using that one even btw??? >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 07:25:33

At 6/21/06 12:50 PM, Khuskan wrote: From a review:

i tink i can help
i hav a CD of ALL the HoMM 3 game
soooo...........yea...................i'll see wat i can do...

dont mess wif the HoMM series >:(

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 07:38:08

OMFG
"Goblins home" IM 99,99% SURE THAT IS STOLEN
ALSO FROM HOMM3
wait till i do a cross check...grrrrrrr

soz for x 2 post........~

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 07:45:18

cross checking done, mhb confirmed
*sigh* y use such a great game ;_;

aiya...

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 09:00:14

Cos it is possible for people to spite other people by declaring something as stolen.

as recently happened to tritoneangel, some fux0rs thought they'd try be clever n flag a valid artist as a thief. Probably cos us NG regulars dont take kindly to sad little shits who submit commercial tracks, which could possibly get NG in shits, plus if no ones heard the commercial tracks, non musicians would go OMG YOU'RE THE BEST, so the real musicians here would get ignored.

Sorry its long winded, but you wanted an answer, non?

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 09:05:44

Yeah, I am the hugest Heroes fan on earth. I can tell you without even checking that that's the original version :P

a

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 18:10:18

At 6/22/06 09:05 AM, Triskele wrote:
Yeah, I am the hugest Heroes fan on earth. I can tell you without even checking that that's the original version :P

haha, then hav u tried homm5? the music standard is still at a damn well high :p
:p

cheerios

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-06-22 19:45:26

At 6/22/06 06:10 PM, LoneInstrumentalist wrote: haha, then hav u tried homm5? the music standard is still at a damn well high :p
p
cheerios

Nope, my compy is too crappy

a

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 05:22:53

OK! I emmit! Ive stolen it,but now I´ve contacted NG and they will delete those files.Happy Now?

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 08:14:32

At 7/19/06 05:22 AM, Malakir wrote: OK! I emmit! Ive stolen it,but now I´ve contacted NG and they will delete those files.Happy Now?

Put your pants on your head, then dance.

Only then will we be truly happy.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 09:29:23

lol that´s how ya make that magical 5555 reply. go api!

More stolen audio?

Wakka wakka

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 09:49:48

At 7/19/06 05:22 AM, Malakir wrote: OK! I emmit! Ive stolen it,but now I´ve contacted NG and they will delete those files.Happy Now?

Seriously though, no one is going to be grateful that you got these files deleted. You've been a little asshole, Malakir, blatantly lying to the people who rightfully accused you, and writing them abusive reviews to boot.
If anyone should be happy, it should be you. Deleting the files will save you a lot of embarassment and maybe with a clean slate you can start deserving some respect.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 10:06:09

you cant remove uploaded files.
i would like to kick you in the mouth, malakir.

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 14:26:24

totally STOLEN!

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-19 20:19:19

well, iI can't download it, so it must have been deleted

so rest easy Khuskan

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-27 16:09:14

Okay, I did a portal search for Final Fantasy and one of the results that came up was by Malakir, so I thought I'd check on him. It seems that now (after the post he made above) he has just ripped the audio from some MegaMan games, probably via an emulator... can someone who doesn't loathe MegaMan as much as I do check into that?

Malakir's audio

Response to More stolen audio? 2006-07-28 14:24:29

Hm?