00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Remixing videogame music

1,228 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Remixing videogame music 2006-06-12 00:15:39

Ya.... i know a lot of people are remixing videogame songs and stuff, i was wondering. Do you really need to do it all from scratch? It seems rather complicated though....

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-12 05:13:37

Mixing can be pretty tough. It all depends on your skills with music and the software you're using. The best artists will tell you that before you do anything you need to plan out your project and stick to it.

I have many years of music experience, but once I got into digital editing and looping it was like learning it all over again lol.

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-12 11:16:00

yeah he's right, if you want me to recommend a program, audacity is great (and free) for editing sounds. I don't know much about it though 'cause I didn't want to take the time to learn it, but for the little I saw of it, I'd say that's probably what you're looking for.

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-12 11:26:29

usually with videogame music (old ones anyway), the original score can be found as a midi file. from there you can change all parts to however you see fit, but i would always say don't do a remix unless you really intend on warping the ost. otherwise you're just basically copying something, tho the videogame genre is full of it, just don't copy a song and be done with it. really make an effort to distinguish your remix from the rest.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-13 12:18:04

considering all this tho, I'd say that remaking the music yourself is the best option

depends on if ur lazy or not

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-13 22:10:15

If you dont remake it all yourself, then its not yours...and besides that, importing a midi can only create a vamped up midi.

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-22 23:17:46

At 6/13/06 10:50 AM, Chronamut wrote: sometimes rapign a song to make it sound different is very BAD - video gameness has many loyal fans that will scream murder if you rape their favourite song :P

Not in this case.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Remixing videogame music 2006-06-23 00:42:12

At 6/13/06 10:50 AM, Chronamut wrote: I like taking really old video games and giving them a facelift..

Don't you mean giving them a facial ??

:D

BBS Signature