00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CantankerousCoyote just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sound problems 2006-06-03 11:33:12

I'm making this movie, running at 20 FPS . Its a sprite movie. So far everything has been going great. I just recently added some sounds to a fight in the second scene of my flash. When I playback just the scene alone, everything sounds fine. However when I play the whole movie from start to finish, the sound comes way to early in the second scene, though the sound is fine in the first one. What can I do to fix the sound coming too early in the second scene?

Response to Sound problems 2006-06-03 11:35:03

well what i would do is add more frames

Response to Sound problems 2006-06-03 12:10:04

All the advice I can give is mess with the scene length and frames. Or if you want to cut a sound off before it's finished, just add a blank keyframe where you want it to stop.
You might also want to add a fade in or out effect.

Response to Sound problems 2006-06-03 12:39:41

You are most likely having render time issues (aka, the flash is too big for its own good and the computer is having problems rendering it correctly).

1) Save and Compact through the File Menu.
2) Restart your computer.
3) Disable any other programs you do not need.
4) Rerender.

If the Flash is still buggy, try a few of these steps.

5) Consider the elimination of scenes. Scenes screw up flash a lot, especially with sound and programing.
6) Turn on Streaming if you haven't already; it will lock the sound to the timeline. This can be done through clicking the frame with the sound, and extending the properties panel and finding the "Sync" dropdown.
7) Give the file to someone else to render.
8) Check your library for excess garbage. To turn on your use counts, go into the library panel (ctrl+L) and find the menu button in the top right section of the panel bar. Select “Keep Use Counts Updated” and it will count all the library items that are used. Note that it will only count objects on the stage, and will not count objects loaded through actionscript. You can use this tool to figure out which symbols are junk and can be deleted, which can be extremely helpful.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Sound problems 2006-06-03 12:41:59

At 6/3/06 12:39 PM, jmtb02 wrote: stuff

that... or he's just using start on the sound clips. Should use stream on the sfx and start on the song or w/e. streaming a song on a project made up of scenes will cut the song as soon as it goes to the next scene.

Response to Sound problems 2006-08-08 21:24:16

How do I turn on Streaming? It looks useful.

Response to Sound problems 2006-08-08 23:26:53

In the properties menu, right underneath the pull-down menu for sounds, there is a pull-down menu for Sync. Choose streaming there. You'll have to do this for each sound on your timeline.