00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stolen?

1,149 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Stolen? 2006-06-01 21:31:20

This sounds EXACTLY like the downloaded mp3, but I am not sure.

http://www.newground..609694&sub=51855

Zanarkand Piano theme.

I love this song, and listened to it like a thousand times on my mp3 player, and thats why i'm doubtful.

There is no recording static either.

I'm going to go ahead and flag this, but what do other people think?

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-01 21:38:22

I think that all of his audio is stolen... but i'm only 95% sure and tha's not enough to say it's defenitively stolen

Does anyone have the orignial version of "his" chocobo theme and if so does it have some sour notes just like the one that he has on his page?

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-01 21:45:27

see the thing about his other songs, is they have static, likea recording. Wether it be his recording or not, is out of our control, technically it was played, and so can be put up here. Its this Zanarkand theme. Its the official full blown mp3. I am now 100% sure of it.

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-01 21:54:07

Well then whistle this one only and if/when the one(s) in charge check it out if they check "his" other songs and judge that it is stolen as well then let it be their decision.

I guess what i'm saying is play it safe...

I guess what i'm saying is... i'm too tired to say useful stuff right now

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-03 01:29:43

dude if his song is stolen the only thing i can say is that it wasn't from the soundtrack. the song on the soundtrack is play much more cleanly and there's a lot more legato in it.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-03 04:27:47

For:
It does sound VERY like a live recording. Turn the volume way up and you can hear the notes being pressed before the sound.

It could just be a piano synth. I've heard results this good from the Reason piano bank and that Grand sound font VST thingy.

Against:
If you were THAT good at piano, would you lower yourself to use 'a cool piece' to describe it?

The comment dosn't actually suggest he made it at all

Lack of static, recording quality is the sort of thing you would find on a soundtrack CD

It's amazingly composed and performed, and most of the classical authors on the AP would struggle to get a track out like that.

I'm not going to flag it for now but looking at the way all his other tracks are from games like final fantasy, it seems more and more likely he ripped it from the game. Somebody must know the tune, right?

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-03 06:25:34

I came across his source for Zanarkand: this cd.
If you listen to the soundclip, it's exactly the same.

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-03 09:29:39

I have that cd, thats why I was pretty sure it was stolen. Even if that was some kind of crazy recording, why arn't his other pieces like that.

*flagged*

Response to Stolen? 2006-06-03 09:48:44

What a coincidence. I flagged that yesterday
Lol