00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Exciting Flash Project

3,058 Views | 85 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:21:25

Greetings!

For all you flash animators out there who are waiting to prove yourself or just like working on promising projects this is for you!

I'm looking for a volunteer flash animator to animate a comedy series which will be hosted on a website attracting a fanbase and may in the future bring in money to which they would be of course entitled a share of. Each episode will be approximately 3-5 minutes long. The scripts are being written by myself, 6 are finished so far, there is a promising team of voice actors already signed up to this project who have done film/tv work for programmes like Dragon ball z. Everyone involved in this project is working for free because they want to promote themself or because they love the scripts. Whatever reason you find to help out in this project, I promise, there is one for almost everyone :). So if your a average or expert animator sign up! and join in what is proving to be a very promising venture.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:23:27

How old are you?

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:25:05

So you're saying that you have voice actors that worked on DBZ? What are their names, who did they play? Can we see an example of the script? What will we get for compensation? You said exposure, right? How many unique hits per day are you predicting? How large can our name be on the movie? Just an "animated by" at the end, or something in the title? Can we have a clickable link to our website? What kind of experiance do you have running this sort of endeavor?

Sorry for all the questions, but we get these all the time and the questions help to weed out the idiots.

Writer @ www.Johnrickett.com

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:26:08

I would just like to say dont take the piss out of this guy, and if your an animator, join the project!

Ive been speaking with him over msn and he is a professional script writer, and needs a medium, that medium being flash. he is talented and i'm sure he would consider what you have to suggest to him.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:27:49

At 5/14/06 05:25 PM, Johnny_Krysys wrote:

Sorry for all the questions, but we get these all the time and the questions help to weed out the idiots.

It's the F-ing coffee

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:29:47

At 5/14/06 05:26 PM, -reelbigcheese- wrote: I would just like to say dont take the piss out of this guy, and if your an animator, join the project!

Ive been speaking with him over msn and he is a professional script writer, and needs a medium, that medium being flash. he is talented and i'm sure he would consider what you have to suggest to him.

RBC, This isn't Liam McDonald, is it?

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:32:43

At 5/14/06 05:29 PM, Johnny_Krysys wrote:
At 5/14/06 05:26 PM, -reelbigcheese- wrote: I would just like to say dont take the piss out of this guy, and if your an animator, join the project!

RBC, This isn't Liam McDonald, is it?

it is, but trust me his name is by sheer coincedence, dont go off on a tangent and start all that again. :)

anyway dude good luck with your progect i've gotta go now. bai

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:35:47

At 5/14/06 05:32 PM, -reelbigcheese- wrote: it is, but trust me his name is by sheer coincedence, dont go off on a tangent and start all that again. :)

Oh, I was standing up for him before... no tangents for me.

Don't bother answering any of those questions topic starter. You're cool in my book. Someone needs to animate for him.

It's hard to find animators sometimes, but I will say this. If anyone wants to animate something and are stuck for ideas, TALK TO THIS GUY!!

Good luck again, man.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:38:52

I have an idea which seems great to myself at first, but needs much development. Btw, you are actually in contact with professional voice actors who voiced for Dragon Ball Z?

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:39:38

At 5/14/06 05:25 PM, Johnny_Krysys wrote: So you're saying that you have voice actors that worked on DBZ? What are their names, who did they play? Can we see an example of the script? What will we get for compensation? You said exposure, right? How many unique hits per day are you predicting? How large can our name be on the movie? Just an "animated by" at the end, or something in the title? Can we have a clickable link to our website? What kind of experiance do you have running this sort of endeavor?

I'll try to answer all of your questions as best I can, if you need further clarification just post again mate :) :-

The voice actor to which I was reffering to who has worked on DBZ is called Doug Parker, here is a link to his profile on IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662214/

I am happy to send anyone the scripts who is interested in this project, but of course I'm not prepared to post it on a forum this large with a free for all viewing. But if you want 1 or all the scripts just send me a PM or add me to MSN or email me and i'll fire them off to you asap.

If all goes to plan and the fanbase that we create does then produce a profit throw dvd copies of our episodes with extras etc. Then the flash animator and myself will discuss a fair split of the profits obviously the voice actors will get a share but the largest portions will go to the animator and myself. I am not in this for cash so am quite prepared to take a small % i'm doing this for the experience and for the joy of writing and producing my own works. I'm also doing this because i'm British and there is a current crisis in British comedy and I want to get my hands dirty.

Exposure yes, we will be launching a website which will host the episodes but also on this will be a Team profile, where each member of the team will have a Biography, you will be able to post a picture of yourself information about yourself a long message and big up any website you want or just rant about yourself etc.

Hits per day isnt something i've thought about calculating but the project is aimed at growing to the scale of www.redvsblue.com that is the idea. So it just depends on how well we do it. We've got good voice actors and a strong script, we just need a good flash animator to join up.

Each member of the team will have the same size of name in the title at the end of the flash but the flash animators name will come first in the line and then myself as writer, because i feel the flash is a key part of the project and for a flash animator it is important to build reputation with their name. Writers don't need reputation and I don't mind not getting it.

You may have a clickable link to your website, the overall episodes will be created not to the flash animator but the team as a whole, this is because we want to build up a team name to make the profit in the end. A flash animator alone can't achieve this. But they can have a link to their website along side the website for the production team. I think once you get involved as an animator in this you will feel a part of the team and care about the team name getting pushed forward not just your own. But incase you don't and need a large ego you will get your website link at the end. But the emphasis will be that this is a flash produced by a "insert team name" this is just to build a fan base.

I have no experience in a project of this scale, but I have run a multi-gaming clan of 200+ members for 2 years, I don't anymore but I did. I am very organised, ambitious and I've so far put together a very capable voice acting team so all is going well :).

Thanks for you questions I hope I answered them all.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:42:12

Well the answers are there now Johnny lol and hopefully it gives incite for people interested in animating :) I think they are important questions and thanks for standing up for me it means a lot on such a large forum.

Yes longover, the voice actor is actually a part of the team waiting to produce the voices for the characters in this project.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:43:55

At 5/14/06 05:39 PM, SirGandy wrote: Thanks for you questions I hope I answered them all.

You're orgainized, ambitious and intellegent. I do really hope you find someone. I wish I was better at animating. I'd snag this up in a heartbeat.

I am curious to look at one of the scripts though. Toss one to me at johnkrazee@yahoo.com

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:52:24

I fired them off to you mate :)

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 17:58:11

Sounds interesting, hit me up at JKholamian@hotmail.com on msn.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:01:46

At 5/14/06 05:52 PM, SirGandy wrote: I fired them off to you mate :)

Actually, those are really good. With scripts like that, you'll find someone. CoAuthorship too, for submission on NG?

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:25:07

Thanks, unfortunately i've only written 6 episodes because I wanted to stop and pursue the production. So the sooner I sign up a animator the sooner I can get back to writing :).

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:32:21

Dude, I've been wanting some good comedy scripts.

I'll animate for you. I'm almost done with one of my old comedy shorts.
I'm good at lip syncing.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:39:49

At 5/14/06 06:32 PM, Iron_Fries wrote: Dude, I've been wanting some good comedy scripts.

I'm good at lip syncing.

Sounds promising :) Where can I contact you mate?

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:41:43

At 5/14/06 06:32 PM, Iron_Fries wrote: Dude, I've been wanting some good comedy scripts.

I'm good at lip syncing.

Sounds promising :) Where can I contact you mate? Do you have msn? Mine is one_chance69@hotmail.com

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:45:25

At 5/14/06 06:41 PM, SirGandy wrote:

I'm good at lip syncing.
Sounds promising :) Where can I contact you mate? Do you have msn? Mine is one_chance69@hotmail.com

drummerboy45884@yahoo.com - Email
drummerboy45884@hotmail.com -MSN

Ignore my submission in the portal currently. It was merely a test.

I'd be happy to do it for you.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 18:50:45

I've added you to MSN hopefully i'll be speaking to you soon :)

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 19:26:46

If there are any other animators out there, please do still reply if your interested, this one may fall through or we may need more so please if you're interested get in touch!

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 20:05:06

Well my last animation was a few months ago because I have been practising I can do fbf and tweening and I can draw with the mouse, it seems like you have things under control so I am interested. Contact me nintendogeekpete@hotmail.com

Whoa its me!

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 20:22:14

cool I'll contact you soon :) - Still looking for more animators! :) keep coming

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 20:31:27

Oh my god...A real scripter on newgrounds...that's something I will tell to my grandcilds one day!

But seriously, you sound proffessional. I'd be happy to help,but my skill are still in the *learning* (shit) phase.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 20:33:52

Note about this guy:

I talked to him on MSN and he was one serious dude. His script is amazing and whoever decides to be on the team will be very happy.

Good luck to you, dude. Sorry that Im not right for the project.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 20:58:53

Thanks for showing interest Iron :) and thank you for the comments.

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-14 21:55:21

Any animator getting involved in this project as the main animator will be able to bring on other animators to help with background or character design :).

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-15 02:27:46

Just an update, I've got one animator willing to assist with background and character design :)

Response to Exciting Flash Project 2006-05-15 03:24:20

I'd be quite interested to help where ever I can even if I'm not the main animator perhaps just the backround stuff. But I would really like to get onboard something like this get more experiance at it an such. I'm afraid you'd probably think of me as not a very good animator though. Contact me if your interested I'd like to get a glimpse of these scripts:
MSN: j_hole35@hotmail.com
Email: " "

If you ever want to do some games I can also program... I think.

BBS Signature