00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mencia is not that funny.

1,004 Views | 20 Replies

Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:29:54

I know there's been a bunch of topics lately, but I've been meaning to post this for atleast two weeks but never got up to it.

Carlos Mencia, host of the Mind Of Mencia show on Comedy Central, has a large fanbase. When the legendary Dave Chapelle left on his surprise trip to South Africa, Comedy Central panicked and feared that the huge fanbase that Chapelle had amassed would be lost. Mencia was thrown into the programming to recapture the Chapelle fanbase. Comedy Central tried to make Mencia a sort of impromptu (I'm not totally sure if I used that word right, forgive me) Chapelle. Carlos Mencia's jokes consists almost totally of jokes about ethnic sterotypes and retards. While many of them are funny, his routine is more or less the same shit over and over. Mencia relies too heavily on ethnic sterotypes and handicapped to make his audience laugh. I admit that his jokes are many times very funny, it gets old very quickly. Chapelle did use race a lot on his show, but found the balance. Dave Chapelle's jokes are much more creative and clever. Why is this sub-par, cocksucking, unoriginal, annoying, repetitive Mexican bastard allowed to take the spotlight away from those who truly deserve it (Chapelle)?

Anyone else feel the same way? (By the way, I said Chapelle is better than Mencia and Mencia sucks)

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:31:09

YES mind of mencia is by far the most stupid show i've ever seen NOT FUNNY!

I Has over 45 different game systemz... bitch!

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:31:54

Carlos Mencia, or Ned Holness, isn't funny at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:32:49

Heh, funny...

Though I somehow find Mencia alot more funnier than Chapelle because I never see anymore episodes of Chapelle anymore.

Has Dave ever gone around a city with a megaphone, telling all the mexicans to get up and go to work? "Attention lazy mexican! Get a job!"

Let's not forget his rants about Hurricane Katrina and the Immigration marches.
"Why aren't we being treated like Americans Carlos?... Hey! Dumbshit! You're holding the wrong fucking flag!"

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:33:52

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:36:44

At 4/28/06 07:32 PM, Specter-One wrote: Heh, funny...

The exact opposite of Mind of Mencia.

Though I somehow find Mencia alot more funnier than Chapelle because I never see anymore episodes of Chapelle anymore.

And that somehow makes mind of mencia an entertaining show, because Chappel Show is all re-runs.

Has Dave ever gone around a city with a megaphone, telling all the mexicans to get up and go to work? "Attention lazy mexican! Get a job!"

Exactly my point. Thats not funny.

"Why aren't we being treated like Americans Carlos?... Hey! Dumbshit! You're holding the wrong fucking flag!"

More proof, why thank you.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:37:52

At 4/28/06 07:31 PM, frogboy7 wrote: YES mind of mencia is by far the most stupid show i've ever seen NOT FUNNY!

but he is funny b/c of his racial stereotypes becasue he makes jokes u think sometimes but cannot say aloud for fear of gettin into trouble

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:38:18

Who cares. If everyone thinks it's not funny, that doesn't mean there's a billion other people out there that don't like it.

I still love the Chapelle show, but all I got now is Mencia because he actually has a new episode every week.

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:39:19

At 4/28/06 07:32 PM, Specter-One wrote:

No but he has gone around Manhattan giving "great new york boobs awards" to people.

D13, the most elite you've ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:40:56

At 4/28/06 07:39 PM, D13Daniel wrote: No but he has gone around Manhattan giving "great new york boobs awards" to people.

Exactly, thats funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:41:03

At 4/28/06 07:39 PM, D13Daniel wrote:
At 4/28/06 07:32 PM, Specter-One wrote:
No but he has gone around Manhattan giving "great new york boobs awards" to people.

Now that was a great part of that episode. lmao.

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:43:10

I'm not saying he isn't funny, I'm saying EVERYTHING has to do with race. You can make fun of Mexicans, black people, and white people only so fucking much. It get so repetitive. And don't even get me started on that fucking retarded annoying catch phrase, "DEE-DEE-DEE".

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:45:17

At 4/28/06 07:39 PM, D13Daniel wrote:

YAWN....Boring

Mencia = Overated
Chapelle= Overated

I've fallen out of both. Mencia cause his shits all the same, chapelle cause he never has new shit.

plus, I can't watch either of their shows twice in a row and still laugh.

Robin Williams on the other hand....never ever gets old.

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:45:23

mind of mencia was never funny, but carlos mencia is a genious, in his stand up bits he is always changing topics and hardly harps on things, but having to have different matterial everyweek is very hard.... so thats why his show IS his stand up bit, so if you've seen his stand up, mind of mencia isnt funny

but i keep hearing "chappel's show is so much better!!" yeah well he had a breakdown and went to africa deal with it.

and its pronounced new york BYOOBS

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:46:27

I remeber the very first episode of that crapy show, I decided to give it a chance and about five words in to the show he points out a fence and claims "This is the fence my parents hopped when they first came to this country." and the audience actualy laughed. I haven't watched it since.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 19:51:51

I watched two episodes of Mind of Mencia when it first came out. Haven't watched one since because its just the same recycled jokes one after another. I guess Comedy Central figured that bad publicity is still publicity, and without Chappelle they don't really have a choice between good or bad publicity anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 20:00:25

At 4/28/06 07:29 PM, CalmLikeABomb74 wrote:

Why is this sub-par, cocksucking, unoriginal, annoying, repetitive Mexican bastard allowed to take the spotlight away from those who truly deserve it (Chapelle)?

Anyone else feel the same way? (By the way, I said Chapelle is better than Mencia and Mencia sucks)

Uhm..... he's not really Mexican. I'm not sure about how he claims to be Mexican. What I understood in his bio is that he was really half-Honduran, and half-German. I didn't see anywhere in there that he spent time in Mexico. He spent time in Honduras but not Mexico. Here's some reading.

Carlos Mencia
IMDB

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-04-28 20:05:25

At 4/28/06 07:36 PM, The_Tank wrote:
At 4/28/06 07:32 PM, Specter-One wrote: Heh, funny...
The exact opposite of Mind of Mencia.
Never
And that somehow makes mind of mencia an entertaining show, because Chappel Show is all re-runs.

BECAUSE IT'S GETTING OLD

Exactly my point. Thats not funny.

yes it fukcing is

More proof, why thank you.

god yeah more proof,thatmencia is funnier than hell
WHO THE FUCK CARES ALRIGHT!
Carlos Mencia is funnier than hell, non of his stuff ever gets old for me because i enjoy it, and because i UNDERSTAND IT, I never really like Dave Chappele,in my opinion Mencia is funnier than chappelle.You guys said Mencia talks about ethinicy, so does chappelle, but then you guys said encia gets old quick and repetitive, wouldn't chapplle be the same?It's truthat chappelle is legendary no doubt, but so will mencia in a couple of years.The show rocks, you'd have to be a latino to FULLY aprecaitte this show, so as you have to be black to apreciatte chapelle.I really don't like itmuch.

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-06-23 01:41:14

At 4/28/06 08:05 PM, Vercetti008 wrote: I suck cock

yes you do

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-06-23 01:43:43

I agree with you on many points. His material is somewhat funny but then it just gets old after you hear it over and over.

Response to Mencia is not that funny. 2006-06-23 01:50:11

Yeah it seems like he tries to be offensive on purpose so people think the show is outrageous but the result is just a trainwreck.

BBS Signature