00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nirvana

1,109 Views | 9 Replies

Nirvana 2006-03-04 22:35:13

Kurt Cobain has a very catchy voice that made the vocals on eveyr nirvana song sound nothing like anyone elses. His incredibly original and creative (and depressing) liyrics made me see that bands really shouldnt get by with just ahving "I Love you baby, we had good times" for a refrain.

Also nirvana was stricly bass and power. I love that. THats what i love to play. The thrasing guitar and infectious bass riffs. Its like fucking amazing.

So, if there really is any band that sounds enough like them i would follow htem too. But there isnt.

Thats the same for me about Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath (well black sabbath i dont know if they sound all that original)

No one i've ever heard sounds enough like them. In my opinion they sound amazing.

And very original of course.

Do any of you know anyone else that sounds like them?

(PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM PEARL JAM OR STONE TEMPLE PILOTS CAUSE THEY'RE MORE GENERAL THAN GRUNGE)

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 00:05:50

nirvana kiks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

GGGGGRFace>=(

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 02:13:42

yeah ...theres nobody better than them

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 13:00:07

Can you give reasons?

They rocked the 90's so hard, they gave inspiration to so many bands.
And im not talking about just Smells like Teen Spirit. Im talking about Milk It, Pennyroyal Tea, Drain You, Polly........
Theres so many songs they did that are incredibly original and awesome.

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 13:15:16

Please do not discuss commercial music in the AF. This is for discussion of audio creation and NG artists.

Nirvana does not fit into that list, and as such, should not be discussed here.

There's a General forum for a reason- use it, as opposed to cluttering up the Audio Forums with your asinine and otherwise worthless posts.

And for God's sake, it's Kurt Cobain. He lost all sense of decency and ability to be a good artist when he married Courtney Love. Eww.

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 14:56:06

Silverchair and some of the dandy worholes songs are like Nirvanas

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 15:34:51

At 3/5/06 03:19 PM, Chronamut wrote: so either way - dead.

Thank God for that.

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 17:08:34

as much as i shouldn't type anything in this topic and i should let it die i can't resist. kurt cobain was a fuckin' idiot and all his music sucked really fuckin' bad. the so-called band "nirvana" put an end to real rock music when they came out. it paved the way for little punk and punk wannabe retards to make it in the business. what they did was wrong and should never be forgiven. now never speak of them again and go listen to quiet riot kthxbai!

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 17:37:14

At 3/5/06 05:08 PM, mhb wrote: go listen to quiet riot kthxbai!

How can you say hair metal is real rock?!?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Nirvana 2006-03-05 18:00:20

From the Audio Sticky:

The (audio) forum is a place where musicians from numerous different backgrounds can share their wisdom with other audio artists and users new to music. The emphasis is firmly on the creation of music, rather than listening and appreciation (of popular music - threads relating to "Your favourite song/band/guitar solo" will probably be deleted).

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature