00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun!

21,693 Views | 131 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:44:36

Sorry for the lack of news - I have been prepping the next demo of our new console game so we can show it to some "important people on the west coast" next week! I hate not being able to disclose much, but keep those fingers crossed! We still haven't announced the name or launched an official website for the new game, but you can pick up some sneak peak details from my visit to France this past December. Keep an eye on theBehemoth.com for more details.

BIG EVENT!!! April 30th will mark the first ever PICO DAY! For those of you who aren't down with NG history, Pico was a series I created back in the 90s, with Pico's School being the flagship game that made it a hit. Pico's School was programmed in Flash 3, which didn't support variables - try to figure that one out! I will forever stand by it as being the most technically advanced Flash game of its time. I still get daily emails asking for Pico 2 and I'm sorry everyone has waited so long. Chances are, I'll remake Pico 1 before Pico 2 is ever finished... But it will be a hot remake.

Pico Day is being organized by fans, so you can get involved on this forum thread. The rules are simple: make a game or movie featuring Pico, submit it on April 30th and it will appear in a special collection page commemorating the event. Due to how close Pico is to my heart, and how special I want this day to be, we will have some BIG PRIZES. Winners will be selected by a private panel, to avoid anyone trying any mass-vote monkeybusiness.

1ST PLACE: $2,000
2ND PLACE: $1,000
3RD PLACE: $500
4TH & 5th: $250

The only downside is that you can't have external sponsorships for this contest. Pico is the Newgrounds mascot and we want all the entries to maintain an NG / Pico preloader and logo in the intro. Luis has made a slick Pico loader, which can be found in the thread.

Wacky news: Rog from I-Mockery found a Cadbury mini egg with what looks like a nipple on it. This isn't a hoax, it really came out of the bag like this! He has decided to sell it on eBay:

Cabury Mini Egg w/ Nipple

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to St. Jude's Hospital for Children. Just to make things exciting, Newgrounds will match the donation up to $1,000!

Place a bid and you could be the proud owner of this perverse candy!

Newgrounds contributors are cleaning up on the competition circuit! Aleksander Wasilewski notified me that Polsupah is a finalist in the The Greatest Story Never Told third annual competition! People's Choice voting ends March 26 at 11:59pm. Other finalists include Objectionable Apparatus, Under the Mistletoe, Cold Tap, The Head - The Leg and more! Heck, I think most of the finalists have previously appeared on NG!

Nuggets are having a contest! To enter, you must create a web comic featuring an original or existing Nuggets character. The winning comics will be displayed on their website, NuggetFuck.com! Also, please check out their website to read the complete rules - they were a bit too lengthy for this post. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:47:28

Is it just $2,000? I thought there would be more.

Ah, nostalgia...

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:48:13

Hooray

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:50:19

pico day sounds awesome..

Penis. Funny.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:51:54

Too bad you already used up the "I've gone Prize Crazy" title for a front page news post. :-b

All of that sounds cool. Good luck to all the Pico Day entrants, and may the best man win.

It'd be funny if someone wrote or remade the pico game before you even got a chance to.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:52:09

Wow, that sounds awsome. Unfortunately, I do not have flash, nor the money to get it, nor the skills to produce an animation.

But I will try make some fan art for the day.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:56:07

*sigh* I'm not even going to try, unfortunately. I barely know anything of Pico, though I've played the game. I don't have much experience in Flash, so, meh, whatever. I wish good luck to those who wish to produce something for Pico Day!

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:56:25

Lol, that nipple thing cracked me up. Pico is a pretty good game too, for its time. It's no Alien Homonid though. Anyway, heres a photoshop of the cadbury nipple egg:

Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun!

MY HAT IS AWESOME!

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 09:56:31

Might try at the Pico Day competition. I've already made the game engine...

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:02:00

I wish I knew flash to sighn up, but I will be playing Picos school all day on Pico Day.

sig by chris-092

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:04:12

If only I had flash...oh well. May the best man win. Can't wait, until Pico day. :)

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:04:57

I think I'll enter this contest..

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:15:51

Do it now!1

/cry

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:16:13

I wish I can make any flash. And if I got the highest bid, I think I eat it right away. Mehh, I don't have a Ebay account.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:18:29

2 grand? fuck me!
I'm going to reinstall flash tommorow!

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:21:58

Lol, i don't have flash. But i suppose the B/P points will serve as a consolation

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:23:19

30th April, Pico Day. I can see this will be an interesting day when it comes. Thanks for mentioning about that Tom. I am looking forward to se Pico Day. :)

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:24:27

Damn 2g's...maybe I'll make something for Pico Day the hell of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:24:47

At 2/21/06 09:47 AM, arab_freak wrote: Is it just $2,000? I thought there would be more.

Ah, nostalgia...

what a greedy lil faggot. personally I've seen yo flash. and it aint worth 20bucks.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:30:20

ROFL the nipple egg is going for $102 right now!

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:31:20

lol that nipple egg is the craziest thing I have ever seen. I hope he gets a good price on it so he can give a good amount to the charity. Even better is that Tom is matching the price.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:33:23

At 2/21/06 10:24 AM, Dinotron1 wrote: what a greedy lil faggot. personally I've seen yo flash. and it aint worth 20bucks.

It was an inside joke, moron.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:36:08

Awesome, I didn't expect you to write about Pico day in a news post =)
And... $2 000, that's a lot of money. Now I have to do something ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:37:40

At 2/21/06 10:33 AM, arab_freak wrote:
At 2/21/06 10:24 AM, Dinotron1 wrote: what a greedy lil faggot. personally I've seen yo flash. and it aint worth 20bucks.
It was an inside joke, moron.

Which is obvious by the tons of Lawls you've received for that asinine remark.

sorry making jokes with voices in your head don't count.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:39:30

i may have to show my love for pico if it gets me a huge cash settlement.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:40:48

At 2/21/06 10:37 AM, Dinotron1 wrote: Which is obvious by the tons of Lawls you've received for that asinine remark.

So sue me.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:45:11

My life is now set to make the best ever pico game.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:45:48

Thanks Tom, you just helped me decide what the burning dingo my next animation should revolve around.

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 10:51:46

At 2/21/06 10:40 AM, arab_freak wrote:
At 2/21/06 10:37 AM, Dinotron1 wrote: Which is obvious by the tons of Lawls you've received for that asinine remark.
So sue me.

LMAO YOUR PARENTS WOULD HAVE TO SHOW UP IN YOUR PLACE, LMFAO

LMAO THEY BUY YOUR GROCERIES AND WASH YOUR CLOTHES LMFROFLOL

Response to Pico Day, Charity, News, Fun! 2006-02-21 11:16:31

I'm gonna try and make something for pico day, although i'm not very good with games i'm greedy.

But what i'm really interested in is that new game :O :O reminds me of the link to the past four swords, but with elements and a sexy time period.

burrrpppp

BBS Signature