00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

composition contest?

11,781 Views | 356 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 08:59:26

sorry for the double-post but i just wanted everybody to know that i'm doin' what i can for promotion of this contest. even on the front page of newgrounds.

composition contest?

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 10:26:43

Gondolf....
Stop it with the fucking *Make someone visit a site where he gets eatan by a zombie or attacked by a vampire or hacked* as is with this situation

Those games are OLD and Anoying

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 12:54:03

At 2/9/06 01:32 AM, RadRacer wrote: so I emailed you sorrow, I am gonna do it, but you havent emailed me back yet (been a few days) with the password and stuff. I figure I probably got caught in your junkmail, so if someone could just email it to me at dumass4u@hotmail.com thatd be rad. Thanx

i already e-mailed you back...if your not gettting it then you may have a problem.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 15:07:01

At 2/9/06 01:32 AM, RadRacer wrote: so I emailed you sorrow, I am gonna do it, but you havent emailed me back yet (been a few days) with the password and stuff. I figure I probably got caught in your junkmail, so if someone could just email it to me at dumass4u@hotmail.com thatd be rad. Thanx

seriously!?

I thought I had pressed reply, I too will try again, sorry bout that Rad >_>.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 15:51:59

Maybe it got stuck in your spam/junk mail rad?

So... any updates on you songs ppl?
I'm just wondering :)

Btw MAESTRO!!! :) i have a surprise for you :)
When the new day comes and i'm able to uplode song you'll se what i mean :)
*evil grin*

Btw2: Do you like my new sig? (i know it's off topic but seeing as nobody is posting any more) :)

Cyaz
DarkAngel out

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 16:06:43

no, maestrosorrow figured it out, you guys were sending the email to dumbass4u instead of dumass4u . . . don't worry it happens all the time (poor dumbass4u gets all me emails)

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 22:21:46

Well, I just submitted my Faction 1 piece. It's an orchestral piece, with deep brass and strings and gongs and gizmos and gadgets and what not. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?i
d=1465908&sub=42734

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 22:22:54

At 2/9/06 10:21 PM, NGAudioArtists wrote: Well, I just submitted my Faction 1 piece. It's an orchestral piece, with deep brass and strings and gongs and gizmos and gadgets and what not. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?i

d=1465908&sub=42734

WHOOPS - I mixed up the linkage. Here is the real link Serenity

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-09 22:28:37

Oh my god and I forgot to sign out of the account. That was my submission. This is what happens when need sleep. Off to bed I go :|

BBS Signature

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 01:32:07

people help me fast omg:S do i have time to email a judge with my submission for advice on it or should i just enter in my song

or do i have to verify my song with a judge or something because im already done and i have like 2 days to put it in

i think i can just upload it straitghtaway?

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 02:06:29

At 2/10/06 01:32 AM, Redslash wrote: do i have time to email a judge with my submission for advice on it or should i just enter in my song

Sure, why not? The deadline had been pushed to Feb 19th if in case... you missed that.

or do i have to verify my song with a judge or something because im already done and i have like 2 days to put it in

Correction: You have 9 days to turn/put it in.

i think i can just upload it straitghtaway?

I haven't checked out your audio page yet... but as long as you are not a complete n00b and the song is decent then yea... you are eligible to participate in the contest and upload your piece right away... I think.

Do we have eligiblity requirements guys? Or is this contest open for absolutely any audio artist/producer? ... and by any I mean aaannnnyyyy.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 02:13:57

just to let you know the song im posting isn't on my audio page...

I asked one of the guys who are in charge of newgrounds to completely wipe my audio page a while ago

the songs on my audio page are noobish their from like 4 years ago

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 10:08:44

Lol :) MrMaestro got pwnd :)

Anywayz

Hey redslash who did you ask about deleting all your song? couse i kinda wanna do that

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 11:15:28

Hey MaestroSorrow :) remember that surprise well :) here it is :)

MaestroSorrow tribute

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 13:47:47

Is there any way y'all would let me compose something, put it on my page, and still have it entered in the contest? I'd kind of rather have all my compositions in one place, to get credit for them you know?

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 18:31:12

At 2/10/06 01:47 PM, TritoneAngel wrote: Is there any way y'all would let me compose something, put it on my page, and still have it entered in the contest? I'd kind of rather have all my compositions in one place, to get credit for them you know?

That thought crossed my mind as well. But then i realised that i had a choice to make. I could contribute to the ngaudioartists or i could keep it to myself. I chose to give the piece that i'm going to make. Even if i really want to keep it on my page. It's just a small compromise i think.

Anyways the reason why i'm making this post is to tell you guys that i have found something credible and that i will probably be done before deadline.

After hearing what was already uploaded to the ngaudioartists account, i chose to enter the contest but not to compete. It might seem a little strange, let me explain.

Once i had listened to everyone's song in the contest, i was blown away. So much good stuff, i know i can't compete. So i'm entering the contest to contribute and to have some fun.

MaestroSorrow, i will e-mail you soon or in a couple of days when my song is done, is that ok with you or should i e-mail someone else?

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 18:51:13

At 2/10/06 06:31 PM, General_Leo wrote:
At 2/10/06 01:47 PM, TritoneAngel wrote:
Once i had listened to everyone's song in the contest, i was blown away. So much good stuff, i know i can't compete. So i'm entering the contest to contribute and to have some fun.

Yea, I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of music on the account. It's going to be interesting to hear the remaining submissions and see the results.

BBS Signature

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 20:04:52

Solus... Can I have teh buttsecks with you? NO! Wait... let me try that again!
Solus can I have e-secks with you? NOOOOO!
Solus can I have your e-mail so I can ask you for the password. Or to make it easier, my e-mail is ng_rdx@hotmail.com

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-10 20:38:27

i cant make anymore music for a while cuz my computer messed up.(note:im messaging this from my cousins crib.)

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 03:24:29

I submitted my song (Redslash - Blaming Myself)

I only hope it can hold its own :)

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 07:27:41

I JUST GOT FL 6 XXL EDITION!!!!!! AS A PRESENT!!!!!!!

Sorry... i'm just hyper happy ^.^

Sorry to say you wont be hearing from me for a while, seeing as i'm gonna be up day and night learning the new stuff these guys put in ver.6 ^.^

But i'm gonna come back with a major track so :)

Cyaz
DarkAngel out... (for a while)

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 10:19:21

At 2/10/06 08:04 PM, RemedyX wrote: Solus... Can I have teh buttsecks with you? NO! Wait... let me try that again!
Solus can I have e-secks with you? NOOOOO!
Solus can I have your e-mail so I can ask you for the password. Or to make it easier, my e-mail is ng_rdx@hotmail.com

No buttsecks or e-secks... but you have an email now. And by the way, you know you can mouse over the "contact author" button on my posts... and anywho, mine is 8492nd@comcast.net. Maybe I should switch to my soluslunes@comcast.net one but I'm too lazy.

Whatever. Emails to either one will get answered.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 12:08:48

General_Leo
I would be only too happy to listen to your song and give you advice/feedback ^^.

Also... my piece is done people, just need to finish eq'ing, I am rather satasfied with how this one turned out.

I also have reviews written for everybody, that I have saved on notepad, which I will be posting after the 19th where judgement day will proceed.

Once again, all artists are welcome to join, if they feel they have a shot, and want in, then who am I to stop them?

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 12:14:30

8 days people! im gone for the weekend so just send me some stuff and i'll get back to you ASAP.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 13:08:28

OMGROFLPWNED1337!
This is so exciting...

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 13:50:27

I think I made a mistake with my submission. I said Faction 2 cuz i only performed the piano parts in the song. The rest of it is strings and such, generated by the comp. was i right in submitting to faction 2?

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 13:52:04

sry, that post was me. forgot to sign back into my own account b4 i posted.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 14:03:11

At 2/11/06 01:52 PM, SineQuaNon wrote: Well, it's your choice, but since strings and harp do exist, it could be Faction 1.

Ya, thats where my confusion was. I didnt physically perform those instruments, but the music I wrote for them CAN be performed. I geuss I should do faction 1 then.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 16:50:26

yes you are indeed correct to assume that.

Also I think I should address something.

People who submit their songs in this contest, can take any review advice, and then add or subtract accordingly, and then put up the improved version up on their own accounts. In this sense, you get a load of advice, and then get to put a great work of art up on your own space.

This is legal I am sure, correct me if I am wrong?

And I think this has been suggested before.

Response to composition contest? 2006-02-11 17:06:54

Wait a sec... Are we allowed to submit one song to both factions?