00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-=Your Questions About Sweden=-

2,227 Views | 38 Replies

-=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:15:53

To those who have seen the threads "Ask your Britain questions here" and "Ask your Russian questions here!", I here present to you a thread there you can ask about Sweden!

Me and Knudsen are the ones who will answer all your questions.

So just start asking. ;-)

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:17:25

why is swedish beer so crap?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:19:20

How many people do you know that play Hattrick?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:19:28

Did Kilff and testament really come from switserland , i find it hard to believe on testament's part ...
guilty gear x 2 sorry if i mess up country's i really really suc at geograpy

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:32:38

is it true you call a child by the name of a farm building?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:32:47

At 12/23/05 05:17 PM, _AntiChrist_ wrote: why is swedish beer so crap?

Hmmm, "Sofiero" is not very good, while "Carlsberg Black Gold" and "Norrlands Guld" tastes very good, among with "Falcon".

According to me, the beer must have a alcohol percentage of 7% or more to get the best taste of it, while others want beer with the alcohol percentage of 5,3%.

Some beers are very good, so I am sure that you have not tried many of them.

At 12/23/05 05:19 PM, sepiroth_blade wrote: sorry if i mess up country's i really really suc at geograpy

No problem, but you messed up the names aswell. We are from Sweden, while your question is about Switzerland. =P

This picture might help you:

-=Your Questions About Sweden=-

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:38:58

At 12/23/05 05:32 PM, Jinzoa wrote: is it true you call a child by the name of a farm building?

As far as Andersson and I know, that is not true. We do however have names like "Sten" and "Stig" which means Rock and and Path, respectively.

At 12/23/05 05:19 PM, jonthomson wrote: How many people do you know that play Hattrick?

I am not quite sure at what you mean when asking that question, or what it has to do with Sweden. So either rephrase, ask something about Sweden or don't write at all.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:42:34

Does Sweden have this big grudge against Norway and/or Finland in the same way that Ireland has a grudge against Britain or Us has one against Canada?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:43:44

This picture might help you:

errr i have crappy eyes as well , staring at bbs is no good , thanx for the reply thoughit cleared up a lot about .... the country this thread is about >_< ( geograpy still sucs )

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:45:24

At 12/23/05 05:38 PM, Knudsen wrote: I am not quite sure at what you mean when asking that question, or what it has to do with Sweden. So either rephrase, ask something about Sweden or don't write at all.

Hattrick's a huge MMO football management game, which originated in Sweden, who still dominate the game.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:51:45

At 12/23/05 05:45 PM, jonthomson wrote: Hattrick's a huge MMO football management game, which originated in Sweden, who still dominate the game.

Hm, I guess it's not that huge as neither Andersson or I have ever heard of it - although we must admit that neither of us are huge sports followers... anyways, we don't know anyone that plays in it.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 17:53:09

y iz knudsen sew hawt

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 18:06:37

At 12/23/05 05:42 PM, -Cathal- wrote: Does Sweden have this big grudge against Norway and/or Finland in the same way that Ireland has a grudge against Britain or Us has one against Canada?

No, we don't. Although Swedes and Norwegians often make fun of each other's stupidity it's nothing serious or hateful. When it comes to Finns though, they do seem to dislike us a bit more - I suspect that it has to do with them still being forced to learn Swedish in school - and them formerly being under our rule, of course.

At 12/23/05 05:53 PM, b3nnic3 wrote: y iz knudsen sew hawt

Because I am Swedish, honey. Swedish girls are mighty fine ;-)

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 18:17:40

At 12/23/05 05:38 PM, Knudsen wrote:
At 12/23/05 05:32 PM, Jinzoa wrote: is it true you call a child by the name of a farm building?
As far as Andersson and I know, that is not true. We do however have names like "Sten" and "Stig" which means Rock and and Path, respectively.

At 12/23/05 05:19 PM, jonthomson wrote: How many people do you know that play Hattrick?
I am not quite sure at what you mean when asking that question, or what it has to do with Sweden. So either rephrase, ask something about Sweden or don't write at all.

thanks for that but i just looked on google and is the word child pronounced barn? if not i guess the link is wrong.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-23 18:21:12

At 12/23/05 06:17 PM, Jinzoa wrote: thanks for that but i just looked on google and is the word child pronounced barn? if not i guess the link is wrong.

The link is right, our word for child is "barn" - and this is the first time that I realise what's so funny about that =P

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:12:07

There are some other reasons to why there is a little jesting between Swedes and Norweigans and so on...

But as this is Christmas Eve, the day we celebrate Christmas on in Sweden, I am too busy to go through that now. Maybe tomorrow though. ;-)

Merry Christmas! =)

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:13:50

" Whatz a sweden...lol?"

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:16:35

Being a Cross Country runner at my school. I must ask is Cross Country a sport that is even practiced over there? I imagine it would be too cold, but you never know.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:18:22

Is Sweeden's chief export furniture?

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:18:38

Who's Sweeden?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:20:45

How big is hockey over there?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:28:25

Is your prime minister an idiot, or is he actually doing pretty good?

most countries's leaders are complete idiots. probebly heard our president once and their IQ dropped. im talking about geaorge du-bu-ya bush. lol.

i hate him so

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:35:26

Hehe, there are so many questions that I would like to answer right away, but I should speak with Knudsen about those aswell before answering.

Though as I am taking several classes about media around the world, I may answer this.

"The Simpsons" just as other shows like "Lost", "OZ", "Everyone Loves Raymond", "Family Guy" and so on are broadcasted in Sweden aswell as in many other countries.

Unless France and Germany though (For example), Sweden does not dub American, nor Brittish TV series nor movies.

And the reason to why most of the shows on TV are American is simply that it is less expensive to broadcast shows that have already been made, than making new ones; Especially as the Swedish people are really good at English and there is a thing called subtitles. ;-)

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:43:25

At 12/24/05 05:28 AM, SomeKindOfMonster wrote: Is your prime minister an idiot, or is he actually doing pretty good?

I don't really know what Andersson thinks about this, but I think that most Swedes would agree when I say that our prime minister, Göran Persson, is an idiot - even though we don't think that he's as bad as Bush =P

At 12/24/05 05:18 AM, JackRabbitStudios wrote: Is Sweeden's chief export furniture?

Sweden's chief export is actually timber, iron ore and hydropower - although our engineering sector stands for about 50% of our exports. I guess the timber goes to furnitures though =P

At 12/24/05 05:21 AM, santa-squirrel wrote: have you ever seen the show, the simpsons? just wondering if that show is shown internationally or just in the US.

Simpsons is most certainly shown internationally (Homer is called Omar in muslim countries, for instance) - and I am sad to say that our TV channels show between 3-4 Simpson episodes each day.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:44:03

At 12/24/05 05:28 AM, SomeKindOfMonster wrote:

probebly heard our president once and their IQ dropped. im talking about geaorge du-bu-ya bush. lol.

I try not to get off topic... I really do, but I have to say this.
If you are going to insult the intelligence of other people, than you should atleast:
1. Use correct spelling. "Probablly" and "George" dumbass.
2. Don't use terms such as "du-bu-ya" and not even use them correctlly. (Dubya) Also, the only reason it is always spelled like that is because William Clinton actually stole all of the "W"s off of all the type writers in the whitehouse.

No, I am not a republican fuckbag. You are simply an asshat that had to be set straight.

i hate him so

He dosn't even know who you are, so why bother saying that?

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:44:22

Swedish much?

BBS Signature

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:50:42

At 12/24/05 05:44 AM, -Scrooge_XII- wrote: Swedish much?

Swedin? I thought we were talking about Africa.

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:50:55

At 12/24/05 05:20 AM, cylon wrote: How big is hockey over there?

Really big :)
Atleast I'm a big fan of it :D

BBS Signature

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:54:28

Is swedish a language?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to -=Your Questions About Sweden=- 2005-12-24 05:54:45

Ok Sweden, it's time to invent electricity there, and stop using coal powered computers to surf the net, eh! So about the blond chicks... very nice ;-)