00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,041,977 Views | 61,059 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-22 23:20:15

At 6/22/09 11:13 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ****MALICIOUS FLASH ALERT****

Re-submitted:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 0557

Sorry to double-post, but did you even watch it? That's not the thing Zone has in his/her site. That's a spam fake, not a stolen Zone work. Fuck, I don't even know how many spammers have done this before... Though it's often been with fake SMBZ and Madness sequels, it's the same old shit. But it's not stolen.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-22 23:26:02

Why do you think I said malicious as opposed to stolen? Read the alert messages. It helps with discrepancies such as these when they arise.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-22 23:45:15

At 6/22/09 08:05 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Man, I really want to see the second part of Puddin's Barracks Tales. I think that was the best idea ever if you ask me.

As I stated pages ago. (I say pages ago because I'm not going to go back an look at it to find out exactly how long ago it was) Puddin has been grounded and I've been depositing for him. He will create the next one whenever he has the time to do so.

It may appear that he is getting on AIM, but that's just his mobile phone that you can send messages to so he's not really on the internet yet. Maybe I can talk him into making it and sending me the story in sections through AIM? If you guys really can't wait then that's what I'll do, but for myself personally I think patience is a very important virtue to have. ;)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-22 23:52:25

At 6/22/09 11:26 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Why do you think I said malicious as opposed to stolen? Read the alert messages. It helps with discrepancies such as these when they arise.

Sorry... But either KrebZabijak and I were wrong about its origins the first time (hey, I assumed that she watched it first because I didn't get there until it was flagged), or you were wrong in considering it malicious. Someone screwed up, and I'm sorry for my part in it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 00:03:34

Eh, these things happen from time to time. We're only human after all. We do make mistakes. Do we know why Puddin was grounded?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 00:20:21

At 6/23/09 12:03 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Eh, these things happen from time to time. We're only human after all. We do make mistakes. Do we know why Puddin was grounded?

My guess: he was doing some back-seat modding at home, and his parents didn't like it, so he was banned from using the Interweb until he learned the error of his ways. But I could be completely wrong about that. (and you thought the mods here were tough?!?)

All kidding aside - hope whatever it is will blow over soon. I'm sure he's missing us as much as we're missing him!

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 00:32:15

This person admits to uploading a flash and then deleting it because it had a low score and no reviews. He is now uploading it again with no changes, which would basically be considered malicious as he is just trying to get a higher score this time around. It's a shame people don't follow the rules..

He states - Long story short, I released earlier today but I deleted it because it had a low score and no reviews. But I'm releasing it again for the hell of it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 08:16:22

At 6/23/09 12:03 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Eh, these things happen from time to time. We're only human after all. We do make mistakes. Do we know why Puddin was grounded?

For all I know it was for not eating his vegetables. He didn't share the details and I didn't ask. I just laughed and poked fun at him that he could still get grounded. :P

At 6/23/09 12:20 AM, byteslinger wrote:
All kidding aside - hope whatever it is will blow over soon. I'm sure he's missing us as much as we're missing him!

I cry a little bit inside each day that I don't talk to him even though he says hey to me almost every day. Still doesn't seem like enough though. :(

Towards phantomlassuk, do you still take care of the PM's for stolen things that have passed?

If so while patrolling the portal like I usually do I noticed that this is just a slideshow of hentai which has no interactivity, so that is against the rules.

This looks to be stolen as the image is ripped out of somewhere. I just can't seem to find an original.

Also looking for all of the reviews on newgrounds while patrolling the portal, you really see a lot of dumb reviewers who review and give low scores for dumb reasons. My favorite so far was because someone didn't like their father and gave a low score on a fathers day flash..

People don't use their head much I don't think.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 13:14:57

Hi guys, it's been a long time I haven't dropped by here... real life and other things on Newgrounds totally kept me away from the EGB. Just for you guys to know, I often come here to see how things are going on, to blow the whistle on the reported submissions - by the way you guys are doing a good job - and to read the posts. I don't know if I'll be able to be fully back too soon but I'll be back at some point.

Good job guys, see you soon. *salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 16:03:03

At 6/23/09 08:16 AM, Corky52 wrote:
For all I know it was for not eating his vegetables. He didn't share the details and I didn't ask. I just laughed and poked fun at him that he could still get grounded. :P

Some parents are just like that :(

At 6/23/09 01:15 PM, Lizzardis wrote: What do you guys think about this piece of "art"?

I didn't get to see it, but it was deleted. So yeah, apparently it was abusive, good catch :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 17:25:10

yea I tried viewing it, but I just kept getting a white screen, over and over and over again. So I just assumed it's already been taken care of.

In other news, part 4 of my story should be coming out in the next couple of hours, I've been busy in the portal. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, click the link.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 17:26:11

At 6/23/09 04:52 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 6/23/09 04:03 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I didn't get to see it, but it was deleted. So yeah, apparently it was abusive, good catch :)
How do you know if it was deleted? Did you get a white screen? Cause a thats just the Art portal fucking up, if it was deleted thank you for saying so.

When you try to go to the submission it says "Submission not found. It may have been deleted." So I just suppose it was deleted, because I can see others submissions.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 17:28:09

At 6/23/09 05:26 PM, Ismael92 wrote: When you try to go to the submission it says "Submission not found. It may have been deleted." So I just suppose it was deleted, because I can see others submissions.

Sorry, I meant to say "When I try to go..."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 18:42:47

At 6/23/09 05:25 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: yea I tried viewing it, but I just kept getting a white screen, over and over and over again. So I just assumed it's already been taken care of.

I don't think so: I've been trying to access the main Art Portal, and I keep getting the white screen. Someone at HQ must be fixing something in there: Rob isolating an erroneous line of code, liljim finding and fixing a broken script.

In other news, part 4 of my story should be coming out in the next couple of hours, I've been busy in the portal. If you've no idea what I'm talking about, click the link.

Ah, I see. Yu-Gi-Oh GX fanfiction. I always preferred the original myself, and even that felt like some kind of Pokémon ripoff with a slightly darker tone. I'm actually writing something myself, as I know I've mentioned before, some kind of epic story. A mixture of a few true events, heavy doses of Lord of the Rings and The Legend of Zelda, and characters that I've literally in some cases been developing for 14 years, really.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 18:57:11

So does that mean you want to subscribe Soul? If so, drop me a PM or leave a comment and I'll add you and get the first three chapters to you ASAP. I'm still in the process of writing chapter 4 at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 20:20:57

****HATEFUL FLASH ALERT****

Uses the word N***ER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-23 23:18:18

***Possible Stolen/Ripped Flash alert***

Check his other work too, it seems suspicious.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 00:00:03

At 6/23/09 11:44 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 6/23/09 11:18 PM, SupraAddict wrote: ***Possible Stolen/Ripped Flash alert***
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 9815
Check his other work too, it seems suspicious.
Gahhh, if I could read that tiny text in the top left corner then I could determine if it was stolen, clicking the text in corner on one linked seems to be a blank link doing nothing. Anyone else have abetter screenshot of that corner?

It says "Powered by Sothink." I think it refers to the program in which this movie was created. I doubt this movie was stolen.

CPerea.com | Computer Science Student

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 00:05:10

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 00:10:38

It helps if you have evidence to support your claim. Otherwise, as slash and the mods have said, "let something pass if you cannot determine beyond reasonable doubt that something is stolen than to lose whistle points." Or something along those lines, right Slash?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 03:26:16

****MALICIOUS FLASH****

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/500723

This flash automatically opens a printer menu, and I cannot scroll down to whistle it because of this; it does not allow you to close the window, and instantly re-appears forcing you to close your browser altogether.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 07:26:21

At 6/24/09 12:10 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: It helps if you have evidence to support your claim. Otherwise, as slash and the mods have said, "let something pass if you cannot determine beyond reasonable doubt that something is stolen than to lose whistle points." Or something along those lines, right Slash?

What are you talking about? I posted the link to the original flash. If the link doesn't work, then google Kewlbox, and Hammer It Home.

As for the DC Cement Bumper, I haven't found the original yet so perhaps it's innocent until proven guilty.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 13:18:46

I'll copy pasta this from the NGPD thread for the sake of time.

STOLEN:
icon Artificial Children, by Nidoran Type: Movie Rating: Everyone

ORIGINAL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0Rwt-uw Kc

The original is actually from IOSYS, a group that makes other anime amv's (I've seen some of their other stuff before). The author of the submission in question has NO connection with IOSYS and has no previous submissions. I would try to get proof directly from their site, but I can't read Japanese.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 13:41:10

wow I fail :(

link to submission:

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 13:45:42

Well shit. And here I went and inadvertently 5'd it. SONUVA!!! Sorry guys. But Tails the link you gave contains a malformed video ID. So we really can't confirm that it is indeed stolen, got any other links?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 13:49:39

--*--MALICIOUS FLASH ALERT--*--

Recently blammed today here.
Work quickly men.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 13:51:47

Need I say more?

That's MINE BITCHES!! WHOOHOO!!!

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 14:00:02

Thanks. Man am I glad that Corky gave me the link to all those reviews who stole his award for the second week in a row. I'm also glad that I shared the abusive reviews I found with Lizzardis, Porkchop, Krev, Corky, MultiCanimefan, and a few others. The quicker they are flagged, the better the place will look and the more whistle points we get.

To me all reviews are fair game. Even if they're from a spammer's alt. A review is a review is a review. All's fair in love and war, right?

YAY WHISTLE FODDER!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 14:05:26

Congrats and hey can you hook me up with some of those reviewers :shifty:.
Anyways we have to work men we have to since it's almost past the portal!

Mission : IMPAWSIPPLE 2 LOLOLOLOL

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-06-24 14:59:26

Congratulations to Cobra on his Silver whistle! And Lizz, if you don't add my AIM screen name, I'll add you.