00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheDoujinanimator just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Just a question.

867 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Just a question. 2005-11-24 16:41:37

I have recently picked up my ol' Flash CD and started again. But last night, I came to a slight problem:

I have a 600kb mp3 file. It's the Idols Theme song, which I wish to use in an animation. If I try to import it, it says that it has trouble reading the file. Now I was wondering:

1) Does anyone have this sound imported without the error message?
2) If yes, how...?

Thanks,
Frost

Response to Just a question. 2005-11-24 16:49:49

Find a program to convert it to .wav, then import. Flash isnt always friendly with .mp3, and somtimes certain encodings can confuse it. Its always best to convert to .wav for importing into anything.

Response to Just a question. 2005-11-24 16:51:40

At 11/24/05 04:49 PM, Khuskan wrote: Find a program to convert it to .wav, then import. Flash isnt always friendly with .mp3, and somtimes certain encodings can confuse it. Its always best to convert to .wav for importing into anything.

I already tried to convert it to .wav, but a 5meg file for just an intro seems a bit much, don't you think...?

Response to Just a question. 2005-11-24 17:26:53

When you export a flash, it encodes it to .mp3 automaticaly. You can change compression settings in file>publish options, and then the 'swf' tab.

The finished SWF file size won't change whether its an mp3 or a .wav, because it all ends up as a single mp3 in the end, but it does make the FLA larger.

Response to Just a question. 2005-11-24 20:06:11

At 11/24/05 05:26 PM, Khuskan wrote: When you export a flash, it encodes it to .mp3 automaticaly. You can change compression settings in file>publish options, and then the 'swf' tab.

The finished SWF file size won't change whether its an mp3 or a .wav, because it all ends up as a single mp3 in the end, but it does make the FLA larger.

oooh khuskan with the knowledge!!!!!

or

if you don't like his way get a better converter some converters dont like flash...