00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Flameboy93YT just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

First diamond track in metal!

1,847 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:31:03

It's an official historical moment.

My Imperial March track has just gone diamond, making that the first track in the heavy metal category to achieve such a dazzling status.

Too bad it didn't happen to one of my better songs :P

But yeah, I've pretty much been sitting around NG all weekend, watching it creep up to 5000. When it was at 4999, I thought about downloading it once, but then my conscious got the better of me.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has downloaded, listened to, or reviewed my music. I know I don't reply to many reviews, but that's because I'm a lazy cunt. I appreciate all your kind words though :).

And this has kind of gotten me thinking about submitting more audio to the portal. This is a community I've been involved with for over 2 years...I can't just turn my back on it :~). And it seems that people like my music, so why not ;D. I probably won't submit under jarrydn though, the AP career for this account died a while ago I believe ^-^.

Which means having to forge a new reputation with a new account.

Fuck.

:)

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:33:53

*applause*

one small step to you getting signed, one giant leap for all headbangers alike. lol. ur right tho, id think itd be another song of urs thatd go diamond.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:35:37

woot, yay for you ^_^

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:35:56

At 11/14/05 09:33 PM, axeman666 wrote: *applause*

one small step to you getting signed, one giant leap for all headbangers alike. lol. ur right tho, id think itd be another song of urs thatd go diamond.

I don't really think anything I do on NG is going to be a step towards getting signed, and getting signed is not something I considerably care about at the moment.

In fact, I'm pretty confident I'm never going to get signed, mainly because I'm just not good enough, but it doesn't bother me :)

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:37:30

At 11/14/05 09:35 PM, Anima_Theory wrote: woot, yay for you ^_^

Thanks dude ^_^

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:41:09

At 11/14/05 09:35 PM, jarrydn wrote: I don't really think anything I do on NG is going to be a step towards getting signed, and getting signed is not something I considerably care about at the moment.

In fact, I'm pretty confident I'm never going to get signed, mainly because I'm just not good enough, but it doesn't bother me :)

lol, twas more a joke anyways. congrats again.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:41:26

Did you make that artificially? or did you actaully play it on guitar? It sounds fuckin awesome.

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:41:52

At 11/14/05 09:41 PM, Anima_Theory wrote: Did you make that artificially? or did you actaully play it on guitar? It sounds fuckin awesome.

Played it on guitar dude ^_^

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:50:01

At 11/14/05 09:41 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/14/05 09:41 PM, Anima_Theory wrote: Did you make that artificially? or did you actaully play it on guitar? It sounds fuckin awesome.
Played it on guitar dude ^_^

I think you deserve a Toffee

*Gives jarrydn a toffee*

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:53:12

At 11/14/05 09:50 PM, Anima_Theory wrote: I think you deserve a Toffee

*Gives jarrydn a toffee*

You cheap bastard. *tsk tsk*
He plays heavy metal! I dont think he likes toffee...do u? lol

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 21:55:48

At 11/14/05 09:53 PM, axeman666 wrote:
At 11/14/05 09:50 PM, Anima_Theory wrote: I think you deserve a Toffee

*Gives jarrydn a toffee*
You cheap bastard. *tsk tsk*
He plays heavy metal! I dont think he likes toffee...do u? lol

Why wouldn't he like toffee? EVERBODY LIKES TOFFEE :P

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 22:42:11

WOAH!!!

CONGRATS

it's good to know that I was part of getting that track to diamond...

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 22:44:07

At 11/14/05 10:42 PM, PiePie wrote: WOAH!!!

CONGRATS

it's good to know that I was part of getting that track to diamond...

Awwwww thanks :~)

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-14 22:44:22

And im still looking foreward to my first Gold track.

A big fucking congrats man.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 03:27:54

At 11/14/05 09:35 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/14/05 09:33 PM, axeman666 wrote: *applause*

I don't really think anything I do on NG is going to be a step towards getting signed, and getting signed is not something I considerably care about at the moment.

Dude, wrong attitude, if 5000 people downloaded your song, theres a reason, and its called you kick ass. Go find yourself a drummer, bass player and the rest of a band, get some shit together, and start playing gigs, someone'll notice you.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 04:16:16

Getting signed is a nice dream to have.

But in reality I don't really want or need to be signed. I can do everything I need to do without being signed to a label ;)

Btw, I am in a band, and we do play gigs. But I play drums instead of guitar.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 04:40:46

congrats you lazy cunt. ; D

Would be nice to see some new material from you, cause you got some skillz with recording and playing of course. ;)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 05:21:44

At 11/15/05 04:40 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: congrats you lazy cunt. ; D

Would be nice to see some new material from you, cause you got some skillz with recording and playing of course. ;)

Don't worry, I've got a few ideas up my sleeve at the moment ;)

I'd like to totally refine everything before submitting to newgrounds.

When I make my comeback...I want it to be good :P

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 05:55:13

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. It's sometimes hard to get the things just like you want them to be. It's a pain in the ass!

I just started with all the recording thing, cause I got some better equipment now, but it is still not good enough. >_<

It's frustrating atm to work things over and over, just that they fit with everything else. And if you don't have the time for it, it's even worse. XD

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 06:09:45

At 11/15/05 05:55 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: Yeah, I know what you are talking about. It's sometimes hard to get the things just like you want them to be. It's a pain in the ass!

I just started with all the recording thing, cause I got some better equipment now, but it is still not good enough. >_<

It's frustrating atm to work things over and over, just that they fit with everything else. And if you don't have the time for it, it's even worse. XD

:)

At the moment there's not a whole load I can do, because I'm actually doing paid work for a couple of local bands (good ones mind you).

When it comes to recording my next pieces, I have a pretty good idea of how I want them to sound, and the new bits and pieces I'm going to have to accquire to make it sound the way I want.

One thing though, my current drum-sound...is bloody killer ^_^.

So much phatter than anything I've put on NG to date :)

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 06:26:32

He, sounds interesting. How long are you into recording and mixing? Sounds like you do this quite some time.

I got much to learn, but little time. So...uhm...any tips for a bloody n00b? XD

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 06:53:49

At 11/15/05 06:26 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: He, sounds interesting. How long are you into recording and mixing? Sounds like you do this quite some time.

Been playing around for 3 or 4 years now.

As for tips, i dunno...become friends with the following effects:
-Compression
-EQ
-Reverb

That should steer you in the right direction ;)

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 07:02:35

At 11/15/05 06:53 AM, jarrydn wrote:

-Compression
-EQ
-Reverb

k, thx, I keep it in mind. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 11:38:01

Good work Jarry, and a slight correction:

Even though your song is the first real 'metal' track to get Diamond, the zelda song by GScreamer (don't know his name) was the first song in the metal portal to get a diamond.

But hell, your diamond song is actually good!!

Congrats, and who's got the cheap champagne? *looks around in a sinister matter*

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 11:54:06

At 11/15/05 11:38 AM, FlameMesial wrote: Good work Jarry, and a slight correction:

Even though your song is the first real 'metal' track to get Diamond, the zelda song by GScreamer (don't know his name) was the first song in the metal portal to get a diamond.

But hell, your diamond song is actually good!!

Congrats, and who's got the cheap champagne? *looks around in a sinister matter*

Oh no I failed :(.

I knew I shouldn't have been so sure of myself :P

Anyway. Can't help you out with the cheap champagne.

I really honestly try to avoid consuming alcohol. But somehow I always get conned into getting absolutely maggoted, and I chuck up everywhere :P

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 11:54:18

Fuckin' awesome man.I was at your page yesterday looking at it and wondering if I should download it four times to get it to 5000 but I didn't though I have downloaded it before.

I'm actually in the process of picking some of you songs to burn to a cd to make a jarrydn compilation hahaha.Anyway glad to see your going to start submitting again can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 12:17:00

I tip my drink to thee... gratz man^_^

Die...

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 12:45:23

At 11/15/05 06:53 AM, jarrydn wrote:
At 11/15/05 06:26 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: He, sounds interesting. How long are you into recording and mixing? Sounds like you do this quite some time.

-Compression
-EQ
-Reverb

Here's a website with a tips for EQ,compression and just recording in general that should help you DarKsidE.

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 13:50:40

I was gonna use my 5$ on food for my family, but what the heck! Cheers!

First diamond track in metal!

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to First diamond track in metal! 2005-11-15 13:55:16

5 bucks for champagne? where the heck did you buy that from?