00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Getting Popular?

1,475 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-09 20:43:29

well i dont no if you have been observing the audio portal for the psat few weeks but here are something I observed

-not as much zero voters

-News By Mr Fulp himself for our beloved KingBastard

-more posts

-more people n forums

and recently and mod whos in the forums for more then 2 mins..

now I think it going to get better by time what are your guy's opinions?

Also I think we should have a few guy's review new songs on front page to get the musicians a bit more happy. if I not alone then I would do it on a daily basis but like oraganized way sort of like a audio review crew and the benefits I dont know yet

your thoughts guys?

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-09 21:18:58

I personally am new myself. I know how to get more people to stay, and more people to come is if more attention was given to each individual song. If more people's songs were downloaded more frequently, I'm sure more content would be put in the audio portal, and a greater amount of people would be more positive about eachother's works, because of a self sense of satisfaction that people like your music.

I know that personally am rating a lot of people and giving reviews to them, because I am glad that my music is not being ignored by people. If I didn't recieve many downloads and ratings, I probably wouldn't spend as much time on this site. I'm glad I found the audio section of Newgrounds though, it's a great source of ideas, inspiration and motivation!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-09 21:52:00

I don't know what is causeing the spring in Audio portal/forum.
Maybe since more people are trying to learn flash and they come here thinking they can get some songs and then yall send'em to the audio portal.
Or maybe people want to make a song for someone or just to make a song and they come here to find out what a good mic would be to use and stuff like that.
There's many possibilities of the reason why there is a spring in the audio portal/forum.

Really why does it matter? Isn't it a good thing that NG is going to be fully used more than just the Flash Portal and the General Forum?

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-09 21:53:49

Yes...I have noticed these changes.

And they make me warm and fuzzy inside.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-10 03:34:30

At 11/9/05 08:43 PM, PiePie wrote: Audio Portal Getting Popular?

Well... we can hope.

BBS Mod. PM with queries and complaints if you must.

LazyTV | Stuff White People Like

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-10 08:01:36

At 11/9/05 09:52 PM, -repent- wrote:
Really why does it matter? Isn't it a good thing that NG is going to be fully used more than just the Flash Portal and the General Forum?

it matter's because some of the great audio artists are getting sick of not having more exposure and before this this forum/audio portal was dead now its better so its good to see more people coming here...

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-10 08:05:38

At 11/10/05 08:01 AM, PiePie wrote: it matter's because some of the great audio artists are getting sick of not having more exposure and before this this forum/audio portal was dead now its better so its good to see more people coming here...

That's what I'm saying. Isn't it a good thing that the aduio portal/forum are getting more people.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-10 16:30:12

pie pie, this is the only place i post and i have been coming to this site forever. but hey, you do good with the audio portal, your always praising people on their stuff, hell you even left me a couple reviews. im surprised your not an admin for what you do here.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-10 17:24:41

At 11/10/05 04:30 PM, IamMark wrote: pie pie, this is the only place i post and i have been coming to this site forever. but hey, you do good with the audio portal, your always praising people on their stuff, hell you even left me a couple reviews. im surprised your not an admin for what you do here.

?

I left you reviews uhmm well how bout that. You made me get an idea thanks...

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 13:15:51

DON'T JINX IT!!!!

Man, I was afraid someone was going to come out and say how much cooler the audio portal has been lately. Now you've gone and jinxed it.

Well, since the jinx is on anyway, I've noticed it too. Reviews have been a little more plentiful and substantive, downloads are up and ratings seem to be on the track toward realistic assessment. Let's just keep quiet and hope the trend continues. Shhhhh..... :)

[btw -- PiePie is a cool name. Two times the pie = two times the fun.]

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 14:08:23

I like the little bit of attention now. it's good that we're getting noticed more and more^_^

Die...

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 14:54:24

Ah yes... Excellent. Everything is going according to plan. :)

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 17:42:36

At 11/11/05 01:15 PM, TritoneAngel wrote:
[btw -- PiePie is a cool name. Two times the pie = two times the fun.]

heheh thanks

also I hope my topic "Audio Review's" makes this place even a bit more active

so everyone go post there its going to be good

"Leave A Review get a review"

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 18:12:14

I hope it dosnt get quite as busy as general. Sure, the popularity would be nice, but I like to be able to make a post, and come back 3 hours later and be able to find it again.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 18:17:17

At 11/11/05 06:12 PM, Khuskan wrote: I hope it dosnt get quite as busy as general. Sure, the popularity would be nice, but I like to be able to make a post, and come back 3 hours later and be able to find it again.

That's what we've become accustomed to over time... this'll be a new thing for us^_^

Die...

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 18:33:17

Its a shame it took an artist getting a signing, a front page mention and a news thread to channel more people here really, after all, most of the bad stuff on the AP is better than the good stuff on the flash portal.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 18:35:15

ain't that the god damned truth...?

Die...

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 19:32:41

At 11/11/05 06:33 PM, Khuskan wrote: Its a shame it took an artist getting a signing, a front page mention and a news thread to channel more people here really, after all, most of the bad stuff on the AP is better than the good stuff on the flash portal.

As a matter of fact, there is no evidence to suggest that the audio portal is being frequented more regularly now than it was before Tom's news post about KingBastard's success. I could rant on forever about how things in the audio portal would be substantially improved if the people who used it weren't so negative about the place, but that tends to go ignored for the best part of things, so I won't.

I've been saying forever - the best way to get noticed in the audio portal is for a flash artist to use audio artist's work in their flash productions. A prime example of this is ParagonX9 - his popularity was kickstarted after that had happened. If new people to the site are going to click or take notice of anything other than the flash content that they ultimately come to see, it's more likely to be the big buttons at the top of the page (of which, the audio portal is one), rather than take the time to read through the news posts.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 19:37:43

At 11/11/05 07:35 PM, AddisonElwood wrote: And i think they wanna keep it like that.

That's not true. We just can't help what the major demographic come here to entertain themselves with and anyone who's kidding themselves that the site can become more popular because of audio entries overnight need to take a wake-up pill.

Response to Audio Portal Getting Popular? 2005-11-11 19:39:54

At 11/11/05 07:32 PM, liljim wrote: Stuff.

I was refering to the forums, which have been a bit of a waste land the last few weeks. The news post seems to have made regular BBS visitors a little more curious as to what exactly goes down here.

You're right in saying that animations are what win you popularity, especially if the flash they are used in reaches front page, which tends to bring massive groups of other animatiors downloading your tracks. Although i'm most proud of my self-composed work, I have to admit its the video-game covers that I owe for my popularity.