00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dumbuhgly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,788,146 Views | 88,008 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 11:04:36

At 8/6/04 10:55 AM, D0GMA wrote: Whee! I'm me again ... finally managed to miss a deposit that wasn't my fault :-P~~~

Oh goodie, Im 10 closer to you now! Watch out! only about 2k more to go!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 12:18:45

At 8/4/04 10:05 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/4/04 06:56 PM, Bila wrote: Well the surest way to tell is to TRY to change your name. If it's not taken thw system will let you have it.
Your right Bila, glad i finally tried, about 3 days ago that is :P

oops, so what was your original name? the one one that was stolden/ since I seem to have missed the boat here... :(

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 12:28:28

At 8/6/04 12:18 PM, Bila wrote: oops, so what was your original name? the one one that was stolden/ since I seem to have missed the boat here... :(

It was BonusStageComp leted, there did I spell it right?!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 12:29:03

At 8/6/04 02:22 AM, JohnJMangini wrote:
At 8/6/04 02:10 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Haha! We've got this super cute receptionist here (she's 22 years old) and I damn near got into a wrestling match with her (over control of the keyboard) because she was trying to see which site I was visiting. I'm just glad we didn't have anybody pass through the lobby at the time. I'll get her good tomorrow (heh).
When going in for the pin,make sure you have both hands on her breasts.

I thought you had to pin her arms and remover her shirt and bra with your teeth!... that's worked for me before... but only if she likes it!
If you have both hands on her breasts, JohnJMangini, she has hands free for tweeking you where it really hurts!!! (if she doesn't like your hands on her breasts yet)

Just some helpful advice from uncle Bila

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 12:39:18

At 8/6/04 10:55 AM, D0GMA wrote: Whee! I'm me again ... finally managed to miss a deposit that wasn't my fault :-P~~~

At 8/4/04 10:57 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Also, I seen some very long post but didn't catch the alias(When I say "Quick skim", I mean it. :D). gfox doesn't seem to be online, so i'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that Dogma's been posting again. Right?
Dogma has been asking for ANY input on the new top 50 set-up for weeks now and only got responses from gfox and Syme. To "encourage" people to bother I posted in this thread, pointing out that if no one cared about them, then there was no point in continuing to maintain them *POOF* all of a sudden people started giving me ideas.

Well I for one didn't see your original request when you posted it.
I think others may have made that mistake too.

so are the ideas you are getting good? I wasn't sure mine was untill you mentioned how your lest improvements came about...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 12:45:13

At 8/6/04 12:30 PM, BonusStage wrote:

:: : oops, so what was your original name? the one one that was stolden/ since I seem to have missed the boat here... :(

my original name Was BonusStageUnlocked, i changed it to Completed (switching Unlocked of course) and then when i started making joke names OmgIChangeMyName, TypeNameHere, and NameChangeWhatsThat, someone made an account with my name :_<

OMG that is so rude!
thank Gawd and Tomfulp that your postings switch to your NEW name so we can tell YOU from this clone

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 13:40:53

while were on the topic of people stealing peoples names.

Check out this thread

JeWBiE or j00bie

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 14:05:21

At 8/6/04 12:39 PM, Bila wrote: Well I for one didn't see your original request when you posted it.
I think others may have made that mistake too.

so are the ideas you are getting good? I wasn't sure mine was untill you mentioned how your lest improvements came about...

The first few times around I told people to brainstorm. Even if I wasn't going to do it, someone might opt to run with it, or it would at least be perking on a back burner for the future.

Santo's idea (the By % C and D lists) took almost a year to actually happen on a recurring basis, but the idea was out there. It took my taking over the lists again, seeing that LockClock had webbed one of the updates, deciding the forums were essentially useless for posting the EGRL anymore, creating a website for the EGRL, gfox retiring from the Top 50s, and my picking them up for that idea to be implemented. It took a long time and a lot of goofy shit happening, but, like I've said before, it never would have dawned on me to make a list like that had he not mentioned it.

Your idea on sorting the EGRL by Gain and Avg gets a dry run tomorrow. The headers I put in every 50 are C&Ped manually, so that's going to be the time consuming part of it. I know for a fact that renumbering everyone's NG rank to reflect their Gain rank would be desirable, but it's simply going to require too much time and makework to do it manually. I've got some thoughts on some cell formulae that may make it feasible by automating it, but it's probably not happening this update. Change is going to be problematic if I get it to work.

A long time ago, gfox complained about how I merge the Main Page Comments with the EGRL when I archive them. Again, an idea clattering around my head like a BB in a boxcar that is finally getting used. As part of the "fix" to make sure using your idea doesn't create broken links, I've done some shifting of where files are located. It's not exactly a transparent change to someone visiting the site, as it adds a little lag on the load time for a page, but it just seemed natural (and symetrical ^^) to keep them separate in the new archival format.

carmel (I think) had the idea on the middle gain colouration. His thought was 90+, but it seems fairer that if I'm going to do that, it should be for 75+. I've considered a fourth average based colour before and mentioned why I hadn't done it in my thread and site comments. With the way I've shaved the spread it's a lot easier to do it, and there's less chance I'll miss on someone, so that gets tried tomorrow as well. Since I'd already opted not to apply a fourth, I wasn't going to be revisiting that idea any time soon without it being brought up by someone else.

gfox expanded on my Gain idea for the Top 50s and has been a good sounding board as we toss ideas back and forth. At this point, it's just going to be a matter of how well the splits on which I've settled actually play out. With as few people getting gold on the EGRL as there have been, there won't be many on the Top 50s either. The real question is how often the lower splits of 35 blams/day and 15 saves/day work out.

I think that about covers the input so far.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 14:26:38

I leveled up to an Elite Guard Private First Class yesterday, and I'll be level 10 tomorrow (I really shouldn't have stopped depositing for all that time...).

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 14:55:52

Can someone please help me, I have 410 exp points, yet it still says that I have a voting pover of 5.00 and not 5.10!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 15:05:24

At 8/6/04 02:26 PM, Greeniemachinie wrote: I leveled up to an Elite Guard Private First Class yesterday, and I'll be level 10 tomorrow (I really shouldn't have stopped depositing for all that time...).

Congrats Green, on getting EGPFC, Level ten and getting to 2k posts, well done. Also congrats to other users that reached a milestone while i was at work, good job.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 15:08:22

At 8/6/04 02:55 PM, Dire_Wolf9 wrote: Can someone please help me, I have 410 exp points, yet it still says that I have a voting pover of 5.00 and not 5.10!

Haha Dire, you're simply getting a dose of reality now. From depositing, my voting power gains 0.01 every 3-4 days.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 15:11:46

At 8/6/04 03:08 PM, MPA wrote:
At 8/6/04 02:55 PM, Dire_Wolf9 wrote: Can someone please help me, I have 410 exp points, yet it still says that I have a voting pover of 5.00 and not 5.10!
Haha Dire, you're simply getting a dose of reality now. From depositing, my voting power gains 0.01 every 3-4 days.

You have got to be kidding, really that low!? That really sucks, thanks for telling me I thought that something was wrong. Darn it!!!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 15:29:43

Review list has been updated. The days of people creeping into the top 100 with less than 500 reviews are numbered...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 15:59:20

At 8/6/04 03:29 PM, jonthomson wrote: Review list has been updated. The days of people creeping into the top 100 with less than 500 reviews are numbered...

Just saw the list, nice job like always Jon, and congrats to all the others with new ranks and so-on...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 17:45:45

Well, congrats to the level-ups of Dire and Homo_The_Clown. Didn't notice any others, but if I did in fact miss someone, then i'd like to congratulate you as well.

Also, I finally got to see that BiteMe user post. It was interesting since Dobio constantly compares me to him and this was the first time i've seen him post at all.

Frankly...I don't see the reselmblence.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 18:03:10

At 8/6/04 05:45 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Frankly...I don't see the reselmblence. [between himself and biteme]

More to do with posting habits than actual personalities methinks.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 18:13:38

At 8/6/04 06:03 PM, jonthomson wrote: More to do with posting habits than actual personalities methinks.

Yeah, that's what I assumed. Supposedly he posted fast and cray, like I used too do(Still sometimes do). ;)

Oh well, back to RetroGade. Not doing well with reviews here, but doin' alright there. lol

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 18:33:30

At 8/6/04 06:13 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Oh well, back to RetroGade. Not doing well with reviews here, but doin' alright there. lol

I cant find where to copy and paste my activation number >:(.

I wanna sign up to see what it's like and stuff...

But i cant find where to activate my account!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 19:15:30

yea, but not bedn know my password! I wanna log in and change it!

It's the same as my NG one.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 20:38:02

I'm 11 pts away from lv. 11 and I just made Elite Guard Private First Class.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 21:42:13

Bend is an idiot who will steal anyone's account given the chance just for the thrill of it. If your retrograde password is the same as your NG one then by all means change your NG password immediatly.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 21:58:49

Click "sign in" at the top then click on the window that pops up where it says "personal profile"

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-06 23:19:50

Weird, I didnt have to copy/paste any retrogade activation code.

It just did everything automatically, and yes... my password has changed... but the email that Bedn auto-sent to me still had my password on it.

he may still be able to get this, but i'm not going to be too paranoid about it.

I've been inactive the last few hours, just for back from 'Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle". I feel that is worthy of a level up thread post.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 00:41:11

At 8/6/04 01:58 PM, BonusStage wrote:
At 8/6/04 12:45 PM, Bila wrote: OMG that is so rude!
I don't know whether or not to say you are being a sarcastic jerk or not :P
<3

Just to be clear, that was NOT sarcastic... someone taking over your name is just confusing.

thank Gawd and Tomfulp that your postings switch to your NEW name so we can tell YOU from this clone
o, now i know you are harassing me, :_< what'd i ever do to YOU huh *cries*

Huh? I'm refering to the way if I cange my settings, every post in every forum updates to the new name. (in the old school BBS days your old messages were stuck with your old name so it was confusing)

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 00:50:51

danm this all...if i had just remembered my old user name and password i would be level 13 right today. and i would have 1000 posts by now but instead i started over and today i leveled to three... FUCK MY FORGETFULNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 01:22:18

At 8/6/04 05:45 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Also, I finally got to see that BiteMe user post. It was interesting since Dobio constantly compares me to him and this was the first time i've seen him post at all.

I wouldn't worry about it Pure, some of the biggest spammers out there are mods (just punch up their posts on the odd occasion and decide for yourself). What would be funny is if you were really biteme2514 posting on an alternate account. Talk about a post count!!!

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 04:02:01

At 8/6/04 08:52 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Back in the day (Spring 2003)

I meant how was I supposed to know that you'd added all that other stuff to the list. I remember you offering to send it out to people, but I (stupidly, as it turns out) assumed that you would be sending out the exact same thing you posted, which I had already saved to my harddrive. Should have realised how silly that was!

I'm gonna reply to your post from Dogma's topic here:

Fair enough. Jumping from topic to topic isn't the most convenient way to converse with someone.

New link in my profile? You mean a new page in my sig list links?

Yeah... that. >_< Whenever a link changes from a dimmed orangey colour to a bright yellow one, I know there's an update I have to check out.

hey now. No frownie faces for no good reasons! There was nothing wrong with bringing up the idea that you brought up. O_o

I just don't like being wrong.

At 8/7/04 12:41 AM, Bila wrote: if I cange my settings, every post in every forum updates to the new name. (in the old school BBS days your old messages were stuck with your old name so it was confusing)

I would much prefer that. It'd be great to take a trip down Nostalgia Lane and check out your old sigs and alias' and stuff. As long as the profile link shows the current information confusion should be minimal.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 05:10:25

Well, I am now ranked 51 for blams and saves!
Well, thus ends the one good thing that happened to me today!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-07 06:26:37

At 8/7/04 05:10 AM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Well, I am now ranked 51 for blams and saves!
Well, thus ends the one good thing that happened to me today!

Mike

Holy cows! Thats awesome!! Im now ranked 73, hopefully i'll be 72 tommorow :P

BBS Signature