00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,768,940 Views | 87,927 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 15:38:39

At 3/28/11 03:58 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: Of course I meant you at age 27 having a mid-life crisis :p

It'd be sad, but I can see it happening to some people.
But I'm just a kid.

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Before you know it you're driving around on a Harley Davidson while listening to Steppenwolf.

At 3/28/11 04:14 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: Still at #201...
The system is teasing you. :P

It is. Still not #200, FUCK! >:(

I think here the prisons are quite empty, but we're letting too many go unpunished. Like recently we let a guy get away with rape because the girl was dressed too 'invitingly' or something. I know some girls are dressed like sluts, but you still oughta keep your hands off asshole.
Oh man, not even Britain or America would be that dumb. If it's rape, they won't take it lightly.

I think the case is still running though because obviously the victim's side does not agree with this outcome.

Won't spoil anything, but it wasn't hard. Though you do need another mask first.
Well, I've already seen it all once before. It's a matter of remembering everything.

It'll probably all come back to you then I guess.

Chrono Trigger did it pretty well too in my opinion. It was nice how you could walk around a prehistoric world, a medieval world, the future etc. and how the story was tied together.
Yeah, the game did time traveling right in its own merit. It was fun going through everything from different times. I don't think there was a single thing I missed out on. Yes, I even saw all 14 endings. Then again, I just saved at one point, beat the final boss, go to a later point and beat the final boss again and again up until I saw all the endings. That saves me from going through the game a dozen times.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I went through the game once and was thinking about unlocking all the endings, but I never did. I should pick it up again someday and go through them all.

I can't recall that...
Not the part where he tears town apart with his light?

It was a while ago since I last played the game. I seriously can not recall a cutscene or anything where a town got destroyed by Kefka in his tower.

At 3/28/11 12:05 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: Well what I said was that when people pretend to be Dutch in films, they often take on a German accent instead in the assumption that Dutch looks like German.
Oh, I see. But it's easy to copy a dutch accent. Just add a shitload of "gggggggggg"-sounds. :P

No, actually you just have to sound a bit dumb and not stretch any vowels. And put a lot of 'uuuhs' between your words. Also, there's no difference in pronounciation between bad, bet, bed and bat :p

For a german accent all you need is to replace "th" with "z". ^^

Surely there must be more to it than:
"We have ze milk on ze table, right zere."

?

At 3/25/11 06:20 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/24/11 03:18 AM, Haggard wrote:
I thought I was supposed to read everything. Which would be an interesting read I'm sure, but it's a bit on the long side :p
It's also known as the "wikipedia trap", especially if you click on any of those interwiki-links...

That's why I only go there if I specifically look for one thing. As soon as I got the info I'm out of there :p

Anyway, some of the stories in there are hilarious. Especially if you keep in mind how big they have become later.
Yeah, sleeping in some room right next to the ladies room... sure sounds like a lot of fun. >_>

I just think it's funny to imagine that they once lived like that and played in places like that.

You could've heard of it somehow.
If you actually take a weekend to visit the city I think you will find it or hear about it eventually.
We should visit each other's famous red light districts then, I guess. ^^

I don't think my gf will like those plans. Though "I'm just going off to the Reeperbahn" doesn't have to mean anything :p

About everyone does. As far as I know it's about the only major city in France worth seeing though.
We made a school trip to spain (in 2000, or 1999, I think) and we drove through the southern parts of France. It was the most boring landscape I've ever seen. ^^

Heh, well when it comes to nature France is a pretty cool place, but as far as the cities go... there's nothing to see besides Paris.

So you get a shitload of hits on websites ending with .de :p
I always get that, because google search sucks and rates the sites from my country higher (IP adress based in germany -> sites from Germany get a higher rating. This of course is also true for other countries), even if I select "search the web".

I think I do get that as well, but if I enter some english search terms it won't give Dutch websites. I guess there are more .de sites than .nl ones though, so you probably have more trouble with it.

I'm sure it would've been cheaper if you went via the subway and the busses. I don't know how close they will take you to the airport though, but I suppose they will bring you there.
We have never been to London before, so it was too risky to use the subway/busses. Also, I'm not sure if we can get close enough to the airport with public transportation. Plus, we had our luggage with us.

It's a bit tricky because there are like 10 different subway lines that go criss-cross through London. You often have to hop from one to the other to get to the right location. But they do go to the airport. Carrying your luggage around the subway is gonna suck though.

At 3/29/11 07:16 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: McDonalds' is okay here concerning that. Recently they all underwent a make-over to make the place look more modern. They now have more comfy chairs and couches and they generally look more inviting.
I guess they feel they can get away with less over here than over there. I guess they feel that you don't really go for the atmosphere, unless it's one that has a play area for little kids.

It's kinda weird because you'd say they have way more competition in America. Hence, they should invest more in comfort and such things to attract customers.

But I don't know, perhaps you guys are satisfied with less and maybe there are more 'die hard' customers in America.

I suppose that's by the sea? Considering it's typically used on sea food, which you probably won't find in Nevada.
Maryland, Chesapeake Bay, where the bay in Old Bay comes from. You know right next to Washington D.C.

I probably know about as much of American geography as you know about European geography :p

I do know Washington is at the east coast though, so Maryland must be at the east coast then.

Yeah I know how it goes in the US.

If I'm not mistaken people get out of college and university with massive debts sometimes. I heard of one girl who was $100,000 in red after her studies were over and I believe she ended up with a not-so-great job. So she had to live in a crappy apartment for at least the next 20 years or so. You can wonder whether it was worth it for her.
Yeah it really depends on how big of a school you go to and how long you study for, advance degree etc. I graduated from decently sized college and had about several thousands in loans but I can see where you can rack up 100k if you go to a private college and get a Masters or PhD.

Yeah, wasn't Harvard like $300,000?

I don't think we have many private schools and masters are much more affordable here. However, with the current government plans, it looks like I'll also be in debt for a good EU10,000 at the very least.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 15:57:42

I just reached 2,500 Blams. Quarter of the way to the 10,000 mark now. Took long enough.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 18:39:03

89,000 B/P

Some day, I'll get up there.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 21:04:04

Top 50 in saves.

Proof

Now I just got to keep working on those blams...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 22:19:14

3000 posts

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 22:39:12

At 3/29/11 10:19 PM, klik wrote: 3000 posts

2000 posts.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-29 22:41:22

Became a private.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 00:48:02

Thanks for voting, Spoopy! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 8,090 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 28. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 23 hours, 12 minutes, and 40 seconds.

The more experience points you have, combined with BLAM and PROTECTION points, the more your vote is worth!

nifty.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 00:48:53

Thanks for voting, Statwhore! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 8,700 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 29. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 23 hours, 11 minutes, and 30 seconds.

The more experience points you have, combined with BLAM and PROTECTION points, the more your vote is worth!

neat.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 02:47:17

Rank #: 444 In Blams/Saves... if only i was able to level up quicker so i could have gotten ranked #333 in that at the same time :(...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 03:57:46

Coop sails into the office to meet with the iceberg of paperwork and poor metaphors. Congratulations to:
RohantheBarbarian: Level 32
DiMono: 2,500 Blams
Emlfuryoflion: Top 50 Protector
klik: 3,000 Posts
sandwich-eater: 2,000 Posts
EDylan: Private
Spoopy: Level 28
Statwhore: Level 29
LegolaSS: # 444 for B/P

Listening to:
Thunder - Love Walked In

At 3/29/11 10:16 AM, Odyssic wrote: Coop: 88,888 B/P - I think you missed the fact I put 88,888 Saves.

I can't be held responsible for spotting everything.

At 3/29/11 12:18 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 3/29/11 08:11 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/28/11 03:58 AM, Coop wrote: Yeah, but the risks inherent of if I go off like a mentos / coke rocket while we're heading down the hill just screams Darwin Award to me.
Is there a better way to die than by earning a Darwin Award?
Surely, it is better just not to die?
We all have to die in the long run. So why not leave this world with a big bang?

I'd rather consider that when I'm ready to die.

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/28/11 03:58 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: Of course I meant you at age 27 having a mid-life crisis :p

It'd be sad, but I can see it happening to some people.
But I'm just a kid.
Yeah keep telling yourself that. Before you know it you're driving around on a Harley Davidson while listening to Steppenwolf.

Motorbikes never really interested me. No space for a stereo, for starters.

At 3/29/11 09:04 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Now I just got to keep working on those blams...

They will come, we just need to remain vigilant and keep pushing for more Blams.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 04:19:44

Listening to:

Falkenbach - Heralding the Fireblade

At 3/28/11 04:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: Shame I had to pull the plug by the time you got this nice number. Would be nice to see with myself at 77,777 and you with 88,888 B/P.
All things must come to an end :( We will continue to fight the good fight!

Well, you can. I'm only doing a few minor things.

It's not a bad album. Hey, it can't be praised for nothing besides the title track. My only gripe is how rock n' roll-ish it feels when I was expecting something more like Queen. Yeah, the title track is a bit of a tease considering it's one of the most astonishing rock songs of all time.
Rock Opera is a strange genre

It sure is. You've got to make sure your music doesn't suck as well as the concept of the album.

As if a volume limited iPod will drown out a live act.
Well, I'm not a genius, I'm trying to help.

That's like firing a water pistol at a river of lava. You expect THAT to work?

At 3/29/11 07:36 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm sure the music is good. It's just trying to find the right album. Hopefully I can enjoy the new album.
Well, I recommend Speed of Sound. I bought it because others said it's their best album. ^^

I would listen to that if it's on Spotify. Too bad it isn't so I'll have to go with another album.

Well I don't understand German.
But you do understand words like Rucksack, Kindergarten or Schadenfreude, right?

Nope.

I still want to see it.
Okay, this motivates me to compile a list once I'm done moving.

Yay!

At 3/28/11 04:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: The system is teasing you. :P
It is. Still not #200, FUCK! >:(

Still teasing you. For me, I did take a while to get to the top 150 but I was on a see-saw with two other users with who was in the top 150 so I was safely there when one of them slipped up.

Oh man, not even Britain or America would be that dumb. If it's rape, they won't take it lightly.
I think the case is still running though because obviously the victim's side does not agree with this outcome.

I sure hope the case hasn't been dropped completely.

Well, I've already seen it all once before. It's a matter of remembering everything.
It'll probably all come back to you then I guess.

Yeah, I'm sure it will.

Yeah, the game did time traveling right in its own merit. It was fun going through everything from different times. I don't think there was a single thing I missed out on. Yes, I even saw all 14 endings. Then again, I just saved at one point, beat the final boss, go to a later point and beat the final boss again and again up until I saw all the endings. That saves me from going through the game a dozen times.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I went through the game once and was thinking about unlocking all the endings, but I never did. I should pick it up again someday and go through them all.

Just remember, you can save at a certain point, beat the boss, save, load the game (not new game plus), go to a further point and beat the boss again.

Not the part where he tears town apart with his light?
It was a while ago since I last played the game. I seriously can not recall a cutscene or anything where a town got destroyed by Kefka in his tower.

It may have been in a cutscene that wasn't mandatory. Meaning you could not go to the town that has the light of judgment flashback and miss out on it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 10:20:18

At 3/28/11 10:47 AM, Tycrane wrote: Next grounds gold update I'm hoping for rank #4000 in EXP points. I think that'll take me 2 days max to achieve. :D

And look at that. Exactly rank #4000 in just the course of 2 days.

This one took long enough. :P

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 14:44:53

We got the keys to our new appartement today! Don't know exactly when we will be moving in for good, but we will get some stuff over there on the next week end.

At 3/27/11 05:57 PM, Auz wrote: Well what I said was that when people pretend to be Dutch in films, they often take on a German accent instead in the assumption that Dutch looks like German.
Oh, I see. But it's easy to copy a dutch accent. Just add a shitload of "gggggggggg"-sounds. :P
No, actually you just have to sound a bit dumb and not stretch any vowels. And put a lot of 'uuuhs' between your words. Also, there's no difference in pronounciation between bad, bet, bed and bat :p

Oh, I see.

For a german accent all you need is to replace "th" with "z". ^^
Surely there must be more to it than:

?

All right, you also have to replace "w" with "v".
"Ve have ze milk on ze table, right zerrr."

I thought I was supposed to read everything. Which would be an interesting read I'm sure, but it's a bit on the long side :p
It's also known as the "wikipedia trap", especially if you click on any of those interwiki-links...
That's why I only go there if I specifically look for one thing. As soon as I got the info I'm out of there :p

Wise decision.

You could've heard of it somehow.
If you actually take a weekend to visit the city I think you will find it or hear about it eventually.
We should visit each other's famous red light districts then, I guess. ^^
I don't think my gf will like those plans. Though "I'm just going off to the Reeperbahn" doesn't have to mean anything :p

Well, she can come with you. It's not like the Reeperbahn is for males only. They have clubs with male strippers and clubs with no strippers at all. ;)

So you get a shitload of hits on websites ending with .de :p
I always get that, because google search sucks and rates the sites from my country higher (IP adress based in germany -> sites from Germany get a higher rating. This of course is also true for other countries), even if I select "search the web".
I think I do get that as well, but if I enter some english search terms it won't give Dutch websites. I guess there are more .de sites than .nl ones though, so you probably have more trouble with it.

Well, obviously as there are more people living in Germany than in Holland. ^^

At 3/30/11 03:57 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/28/11 03:58 AM, Coop wrote: Yeah, but the risks inherent of if I go off like a mentos / coke rocket while we're heading down the hill just screams Darwin Award to me.
We all have to die in the long run. So why not leave this world with a big bang?

But when will that be?

At 3/30/11 04:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/29/11 07:36 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm sure the music is good. It's just trying to find the right album. Hopefully I can enjoy the new album.
Well, I recommend Speed of Sound. I bought it because others said it's their best album. ^^
I would listen to that if it's on Spotify. Too bad it isn't so I'll have to go with another album.

Oh, okay.

Well I don't understand German.
But you do understand words like Rucksack, Kindergarten or Schadenfreude, right?
Nope.

But you use exactly the same words in english as well. o_O

I still want to see it.
Okay, this motivates me to compile a list once I'm done moving.
Yay!

Glad I could make you happy for a change. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 18:03:15

You entered the top 3000 in B/P Points. Outstanding!
Looks like I forgot to mention this...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 18:18:48

19,000 saves.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-30 22:32:21

Master Sergeant finally after all this time I have reached this level.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 01:32:52

Captain B/P Rank / 9.00 Voting Power.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 04:33:07

Not that it's the biggest deal in the world ever (lolWashu :P), but I have reached Deity for the first time as Coop

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 04:41:44

Coop gets himself up and about, while congratulating:
Hemlok: 19,000 Saves
phantomlassuk: Master Sergeant
Jolly: Captain; 9.00 Total Voting Power

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Satelite 15.....The Final Frontier

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 3/28/11 04:14 AM, Bahamut wrote: Shame I had to pull the plug by the time you got this nice number. Would be nice to see with myself at 77,777 and you with 88,888 B/P.
All things must come to an end :( We will continue to fight the good fight!
Well, you can. I'm only doing a few minor things.

Fair enough. I'd hardly call updating the B/P list for as long as you did a minor thing.

It's not a bad album. Hey, it can't be praised for nothing besides the title track. My only gripe is how rock n' roll-ish it feels when I was expecting something more like Queen. Yeah, the title track is a bit of a tease considering it's one of the most astonishing rock songs of all time.
Rock Opera is a strange genre
It sure is. You've got to make sure your music doesn't suck as well as the concept of the album.

Yeah, there are few that master it.

As if a volume limited iPod will drown out a live act.
Well, I'm not a genius, I'm trying to help.

It's all relative. Massive water pistol, tiny river of lava.

At 3/30/11 02:44 PM, Haggard wrote:
But when will that be?

I don't know, but since only the good die young, I've got a while left yet :P

Not that I'm going to run across a motorway, just to prove I am invincible...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 06:12:16

After lingering around at #201 for about a week, I have finally entered the Top 200 Experience!

The person I've kicked out of the top 200 is fellow dutchman and fellow moderator Zendra. Sweet! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 06:21:32

At 3/29/11 07:36 AM, Bahamut wrote: Who ever liked NewsReporter anyway?

To be honest, I thought he was well, ... interesting.

At 3/29/11 08:11 AM, Coop wrote: I'll be having words with those security folk at Travelodge if there are any pictures!

Probably wasn't such a good idea to wag your dick outside the window at pedestrians.

Opening Day Coop. My thoughts about another Yankees championship.

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: It's kinda weird because you'd say they have way more competition in America. Hence, they should invest more in comfort and such things to attract customers.

I can only imaging for McD that their profit revenue for selling cheap hamburger is pretty narrow. Sure they get you with the high price for the soda but it can't be that much. Personal comfort is probably not tops on their list.

I probably know about as much of American geography as you know about European geography :p

I do know Washington is at the east coast though, so Maryland must be at the east coast then.

Well I do know where most of the countries are even the little insignificant ones like Luxembourg, Andorra, Wales.

I don't think we have many private schools and masters are much more affordable here. However, with the current government plans, it looks like I'll also be in debt for a good EU10,000 at the very least.

Sound about the same over here if you convert that to dollars. About 15k for just a four year degree alone and it goes up from there. With Harvard, most case you are just going for just the name alone and wealthy families can afford that although other Ivy League schools like Dartmouth give out tons of financial aid to low income students with good standardize test scores.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 07:58:38

Listening to:

Boston - Boston

Nope.
But you use exactly the same words in english as well. o_O

Not Schadenfreude. Rucksack and Kindergarten, yes. I was more referring to the last word then.

Yay!
Glad I could make you happy for a change. :)

Oh wow, another Haggard and Bahamut are happy moment.

At 3/31/11 04:41 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/30/11 04:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, you can. I'm only doing a few minor things.
Fair enough. I'd hardly call updating the B/P list for as long as you did a minor thing.

I was talking about actually voting in the portal.

Yeah, there are few that master it.

Yep, I know one or two so far.

Even if it's a tiny river, the lava would still be too strong.

At 3/31/11 06:21 AM, reverend wrote:
At 3/29/11 07:36 AM, Bahamut wrote: Who ever liked NewsReporter anyway?
To be honest, I thought he was well, ... interesting.

Some of us thought that but he really isn't.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 08:07:37

This one isn't so much a milestone as it is just something I think is really cool:

My Exp points have overtaken my Exp rank.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-03-31 16:39:45

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah keep telling yourself that. Before you know it you're driving around on a Harley Davidson while listening to Steppenwolf.

Well that's what we have I-Pods and MP3 players for these days.

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: It is. Still not #200, FUCK! >:(
Still teasing you. For me, I did take a while to get to the top 150 but I was on a see-saw with two other users with who was in the top 150 so I was safely there when one of them slipped up.

I finally got there. I haven't really paid attention to who I was gonna pass, but it turned out to be Zendra :)

I sure hope the case hasn't been dropped completely.

I don't know. I haven't heard anything of it lately, but it could be that the case was postponed until months from now (as usual).

Just remember, you can save at a certain point, beat the boss, save, load the game (not new game plus), go to a further point and beat the boss again.

Shouldn't be a problem :)

It may have been in a cutscene that wasn't mandatory. Meaning you could not go to the town that has the light of judgment flashback and miss out on it.

That could be it. I can't find the scene on Youtube either, so I can't try to refresh my memory.

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: Surely there must be more to it than:

?
All right, you also have to replace "w" with "v".
"Ve have ze milk on ze table, right zerrr."

Hmm so... sounding like a German guy is quite easy then :)

Well, she can come with you. It's not like the Reeperbahn is for males only. They have clubs with male strippers and clubs with no strippers at all. ;)

Yeah, but both me and my gf aren't really the type of people that go to clubs and such. Also, I don't think she's very interested in visiting male strip clubs :p

Well, obviously as there are more people living in Germany than in Holland. ^^

Precisely.

At 3/31/11 04:33 AM, Coop wrote: Not that it's the biggest deal in the world ever (lolWashu :P), but I have reached Deity for the first time as Coop

Wait.... you never abused your review mod powers to lift your whistle level up to deity?

At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: It's kinda weird because you'd say they have way more competition in America. Hence, they should invest more in comfort and such things to attract customers.
I can only imaging for McD that their profit revenue for selling cheap hamburger is pretty narrow. Sure they get you with the high price for the soda but it can't be that much. Personal comfort is probably not tops on their list.

Their soda's are indeed highly priced. Especially if you consider the fact that they water them down a little and put a shitload of ice cubes in your cup. It wouldn't surprise me if that's their main source of profit.

Also, the fries are priced normally and the standard Big Mac appears to be priced normally as well. I don't know about the price in America, but it's about EU3.50 here. You can get sandwiches and burgers for around EU3.50 at a lot of places.

Well I do know where most of the countries are even the little insignificant ones like Luxembourg, Andorra, Wales.

I guess you do better than the average American on that topic then :)

I can point out where some of the major states and cities are approximately, but don't ask me where Oklahoma is or what the state capital of Ohio is. I've never had to learn that in school and never bothered to look into it either.

Sound about the same over here if you convert that to dollars. About 15k for just a four year degree alone and it goes up from there. With Harvard, most case you are just going for just the name alone and wealthy families can afford that although other Ivy League schools like Dartmouth give out tons of financial aid to low income students with good standardize test scores.

Yeah. With all the money Harvard receives I'm sure they can give high quality education, but indeed people probably mostly go there for the name. I'm sure you can get an (about) equally good job with a degree from any other good university.

It's a good thing there are also schools who give financial aid. As far as I know there are none of those in Holland. Up until now there wasn't much need for them, but if the government decides to cut back on student support, free public transport AND raise the yearly fees with 3,000 euros for all those who take two extra years to complete their studies, I know it's gonna get pretty tough for some people.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-01 00:34:50

passed the 21,500 BP mark yesterday.
that is, i become a lt. general.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-01 03:07:48

At 3/31/11 08:07 AM, DiMono wrote: This one isn't so much a milestone as it is just something I think is really cool:

My Exp points have overtaken my Exp rank.

And now I have 5,000 Exp points. Halfway to being dual-listed!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-01 04:18:00

Coop pauses to remember Kevin Bacon, while congratulating:
Auz: Top 200 Experienced
Addict: 9,000 B/P; 8.00 Total Voting Power
i-am-ghey: Lieutenant General
DiMono: 5,000 Experience

Listening to:
Metallica - Leper Messiah
System of a Down - Jet Pilot
Weird Al - Virus Alert

Thank you to:
Odyssic

At 3/29/11 08:11 AM, Coop wrote: I'll be having words with those security folk at Travelodge if there are any pictures!
Probably wasn't such a good idea to wag your dick outside the window at pedestrians.

I'm impressed you think it's so large - the bars on the windows prevent us getting that close to the opening :P

Opening Day Coop. My thoughts about another Yankees championship.

Another Yankees Championship? I'll have a watch... Oh.

At 3/31/11 07:58 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 3/31/11 04:41 AM, Coop wrote:
At 3/30/11 04:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: Well, you can. I'm only doing a few minor things.
I was talking about actually voting in the portal.

I was trying to sound like I cared :(

Even if it's a tiny river, the lava would still be too strong.

And a water pistol the size of Jupiter wouldn't help?

At 3/31/11 04:39 PM, Auz wrote:
At 3/29/11 03:38 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah keep telling yourself that. Before you know it you're driving around on a Harley Davidson while listening to Steppenwolf.
Well that's what we have I-Pods and MP3 players for these days.

Says the man that's never sat astride a fat hog and tried to listen to an iPod ;)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-01 06:17:26

While logging my stats on NGlogs I came across this interesting stat.

Total Stats: 54545

I think you guys can understand where im going with this.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-04-01 07:57:24

oooh... 8.00 base voting power :o

BBS Signature