00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Project

2,380 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Music Project 2005-08-08 18:22:02

Yeah, I need some musicians, heres how it goes.
I need a Guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboardist, and possibly, a dj.
Why?
Because this is going to be a little project so I can see how band people cooperate, and I need to make a really nice tune without going out and buying all the equipment.
Rules
The way I'm going to choose the best out of all of you is by needing each one of you to send me a sample of your music, or how good you are, about 1 minute is good.
Don't bitch if you can't join this project, go take that to the chatterbox or xanga.
Don't spam the shit out of this thread, you can talk on it, but no, "omg do u like guitar ur somethin", crap.
You can either host it on a website and give me a link, or just send it to me via msn or aim
Hunterrobinwitch for aim
Krislempiainen@msn.com for MSN
Don't try to fuck up this project by giving me links to music you haven't done, and if the link is to newgrounds, I won't accept your part.
After I've chosen the people to be in the project, I'll tab out a part for the guitar and bass, the drummer, dj, and keyboardist can make up their own parts, yes we can argue about what sounds best, thats what this project is for!
Application
Yes we need an application to see how mature you are and what you can

1.How long have you been playing?
2.What type of gear do you use?(Effect pedals, amp, etc...)
3.What type of mic do you use?
4.What program do you use?
5.How old are you?
6.Have you been in a band before?
7.Do you know how to cooperate?
8.Can you cooperate?
After you have finished these questions, I'll see who is mature, and good enough to be with the project.
Recording programs!
Here is a list of recording programs in case you don't have any.

http://www.replay-vi..freecorder/index.php

http://www.nch.com.au/recordpad/
http://www.nch.com.au/software/voxrec.html

http://www.pcmus.com/Free-Software.htm

Sound converters!
In case you want to change you file from .wma or whatever to mp3 here is a great program you can use.
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Please don't try to fuck up this project, and remember, have a good time!

List of members
1.Guitarist-Me
2. 2nd Guitarist-
3.Drummer-
4.DJ-
5.Bassist-
6.Keyboardist-

Remember, I'm not attempting to copy, or compete with the other thread entitled, Online Band, this is just a project I want to try out to see how teamwork and cooperation works.
Queue List

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 09:34:37

Application for Music Project.

I have been playing for around 6-7 years now, but i had a two year period of not playing at all. So overall, 5 years.

I use my computer, a keystation pro 88 and an old 60w amplifier, everything connected through my soundcard (M-Audio Audiophile)

As its a midi keyboard, i dont USUALLY use a microphone, but if anything im using one from a sound-studio thingy further down the street.

FL ! Hate me !

5.How old are you?
I am 14, Will turn 15 soon enough.

Yes

To a certain degree, yes.

8.Can you cooperate?
If i have to.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 10:06:29

You forgot one thing, what part you want.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 10:29:39

7 years

GNX2 Digitech, Metal Zone, Hush 2, Line 6 Delay, Crate 120 watt amp.

I dunno, an old one, but I can do the best I can.

Magix Music Maker 10

5.How old are you?

Yes, I still am

Yes.

8.Can you cooperate?

Sure, why not.

After you have finished these questions, I'll see who is mature, and good enough to be with the project.

List of members
2. 2nd Guitarist-

Hopefully me. : )

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:00:20

I'm an ambitious keyboardplayer.

3-4 years

Edirol PCR-M50, Yamaha PSR-290(NOT for the sounds but for all those nice keys it has), Access Virus Classic.

Sony F-V120, but i'm buying a new one on ebay soon.

Cubase SX3 and Reason 2.5

5.How old are you?
14, though it cannot be heard in my music.

Yeah one and i have found another band that i will join soon.

Yes.

8.Can you cooperate?
If you want me to ;P

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:11:50

Nice, you'll be competing against the other keyboarder, as sooon as you both post links to your samples.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:13:34

What kind of samples do you want?
My music, or just me playing a tune?

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:16:11

Your music would be the best.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:19:26

My Music - Hosted At Bandspace

I would have given you the link to my site but unfortunatly the host have not confirmed my order on more webspace. So that will have to wait.

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 11:36:15

Is that a free site?

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 12:02:45

For most people it is but i pay 10 bugs a month for being premium in there.

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 14:45:16

Ok, until that other guy posts his sample, you're our keyboardist.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-09 15:44:35

Sweet!

I HAS MYSPACES

__^^ check it ^^__

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 11:43:58

I would like to fill out the application to become the keyboardist/pianist of the group.

At 8/8/05 06:22 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote: 1.How long have you been playing?

I have been playing piano since I was very young but never got serious about until 3 years ago

I don't use any gear for my piano

I use a built-in mic

I use Audacity

5.How old are you?

nope but hope to enjoy the experience

if you mean cooperate is in contribute to songs and play an important role in the group.

8.Can you cooperate?

Yes I can

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 12:02:51

Then you're competing against Tehcno and the other guy, send me a link, and you two have to battle it out to see who can make the best song.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 12:46:31

seeing as guitar is probably the most played instrument on NG, and i'm already part of the other online band, i won't attempt to join this band, but if you ever wanted or needed, i can do some extra guitar work, and possibly other stuff (keys and such).

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 13:39:42

You're ignorant if you think this is a band.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 14:09:34

At 8/10/05 01:39 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote: You're ignorant if you think this is a band.

ignorant? what makes you think it wouldn't be a band if there's a group of musicians making music? it may not be a serious commitment band, but who's to say it's not still a band? i am not ignorant.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 14:37:25

Hey I want the keyboardist part so does the other guys. what do i gotta do to be the keyboardist?

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 14:50:40

At 8/10/05 02:09 PM, HDG wrote:
At 8/10/05 01:39 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote: You're ignorant if you think this is a band.
ignorant? what makes you think it wouldn't be a band if there's a group of musicians making music? it may not be a serious commitment band, but who's to say it's not still a band? i am not ignorant.

It's not a band, it's not an online band, It's a project, a project made for entirely different people, so I can experiment with the word, COOPERATION, now get the fuck off my thread.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 15:03:15

At 8/10/05 02:50 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote:
At 8/10/05 02:09 PM, HDG wrote:
It's not a band, it's not an online band, It's a project, a project made for entirely different people, so I can experiment with the word, COOPERATION, now get the fuck off my thread.

it doesn't matter if you call it a cooperation over band, but a group of musicians making music would be called a band. you may not say that it's your band or whatever, but a band is band. and so fuck you. i don't need this anyway.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 15:26:40

Your audio sucks anyway, and I've seen you going around begging for parts in music collabs.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 15:43:37

Applying for 2nd guitarist position.

2 years and 3 months.

I use a Typhoon (shitty strat knockoff), an RP-50 FX pedal, Park 10w amp and a Behringer UB1002 mixer.

A cheap one that I got at a small music store, it's not great, but it gets the job done.

Adobe Audition 1.5.

5.How old are you?
14 going on 15.

Yes, two.

Yes.

8.Can you cooperate?
Yes, very well.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 15:47:59

At 8/10/05 03:26 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote: Your audio sucks anyway, and I've seen you going around begging for parts in music collabs.

you seem to confuse words. yes, i did go around to the collab threads, but wasn't begging to be a part of them. i was simply offering my talents for use because i enjoy working with other musicians. is there really anything wrong with that. if they say they don't need me, then they'll say so. if they want some extra guitar work, they'll tell me. make sure you get your words right next time you try to insult me.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 15:53:35

I'm not going to keep replying, I just keep feeding you, ok, so far, so good guys! Now all we need to have in queue is a dj, drummer, and bassist!

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 16:09:32

If nobody does bass, someone with a keyboard could probably do it... I use a keyboard for the bass in my songs, and it doesn't sound too bad.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-10 19:27:00

At 8/10/05 03:53 PM, CertainShadeOfGreen wrote: I'm not going to keep replying, I just keep feeding you, ok, so far, so good guys! Now all we need to have in queue is a dj, drummer, and bassist!

wait, what is the current lineup?!

Response to Music Project 2005-08-11 07:27:40

We have 3 guitarists in queue, 2 keyboardists in queue so far.

Response to Music Project 2005-08-11 12:42:23

3 keyboardists, im on keyboard (thats the one thing i forgot) (gonna upload something i composed on piano now.)

Response to Music Project 2005-08-12 07:29:40

Ok then.