00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VOXPhi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest

8,501 Views | 127 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-19 23:31:34

At 7/19/05 03:09 AM, Septemb3r wrote: rofl dont tell them who i am.

What do you mean? ... I fail to geteth the joketh. #;-}>

At 7/19/05 10:03 PM, -Myst- wrote: Here ya go, only because you personally asked it gfox ;)

WAHOO! Thanks, man. #;-}>

Enjoy your summer guys ;)

Where you been, anyway? Ah well, thanks for dropping by and fixing your guess(es)!

At 7/19/05 10:34 PM, BonusStage wrote: DonutPower is an admitted alt to one of the users that's already submitted their guess, don't include he please :)

I'm too lazy to go through his post-history, so please to at least TELL US WHAT USER he already submitted his guess through, eh? Or better yet, provide some of this admitted proof by linking and/or pasting quoted bits of his posts on both accounts.

Or whatever. At least tell me which user you're referring to that he already voted as, eh? Till then, I can't in good conscience take him off the list on the off chance you're being a crazy Bonus and lying or are mistaken. #;-}>

Anywho... goodnight, all! Check out the new update chart on the webpage... it is teh nifty how much play this contest has gotten! Thanks to all who've participated so far, and thanks to anyone else who swings by and gives it a shot! KEEP THEM GUESSES COMING! The contest could end at any point for the rest of the week (Wednesday? Maybe. Thursday? Quite possibly. Friday? Almost definitely by then. Saturday? If all else fails, yes, this will be the latest).

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-19 23:37:41

[NOTE: sorry about that, I had to repost this and correct the URL... that new stupid URL-cropper that makes even medium-length URLs have "..."s in the middle... affected the text I copy/pasted from the last update post that I was using to make THIS update post, and I didn't notice the URL was "houston...gfoxcook" with the rr.com/ MISSING in the middle... BLECK! Anyway, all better now:]

"GUESS GFOX'S B/P RETIREMENT GOALS" CHALLENGE CONTINUES!

WEB CHART update V
http://home.houston.../gfoxcook/guess.html

NOTE: Mystboy has fixed his guess, and since ramagi and MPA already fixed theirs... the ONLY original guesser with an invalid guess is now philonous. And he doesn't post often. So the chances of him dropping by this topic to correct his guess are very very low, most likely. I may try to find his e-mail addy and drop him a note like I did with Mystboy (only did it with him because he'd e-mailed me in response to the Wi/Ht? election talk within the past few days, though, so I knew he was around on his e-mail at least, if not on the BBS).

If anyone sees philonous in the next day or so, please link him to this topic.

Anyway, I've changed his red-line to a normal coloured line as well, though. After all, his guess was PERFECTLY fine (wasn't 66,666 or over, most of all) when he made it in June. It wasn't until recently that I passed 34,567, thus invalidating his blam guess.

So... yeah, he had a fair shot at it back in June, I just wanted to give him another shot now in July. If he doesn't take one, though, it's not that unfair or anything... just unfortunate.

Because all the red-lines are gone and because we're up to 33 guesses, I'm thinking I might end the contest before the weekend. Then again, I won't have time to come up with the prizes during the workweek, so that wouldn't make too much sense. It's just that only two guesses have come in all day today, so I have a feeling we're starting to run out of fresh eyes who haven't guessed yet and want to.

Still, if you know anyone who might like to guess in here or whatever... go ahead and link 'em here too for some last minute voting.

So unless there's another flood of tons of guessers... this'll probably be the last update till the final one (which will arrive... if not in the mid-week... and if not all the way on the weekend... then maybe Friday morning or evening. I think that might be the best time to reveal the truth and name the winners and all... we'll see! Maybe I'll get some sigpic work done on Wednesday and/or Thursday night and have the prizes ready early... but I wouldn't bet on it). Just so ya knows.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-20 00:01:32

Prizes, lol, I'm waiting for you to close ghuessing then I'm givign away the logive behind my guess.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-20 00:20:55

At 7/19/05 11:31 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 7/19/05 03:09 AM, Septemb3r wrote: rofl dont tell them who i am.
What do you mean? ... I fail to geteth the joketh. #;-}>

I want a review ban, get it!

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:11:38

No guesses today = CONTEST OVER! That, plus my girlfriend and I spent the past hour or so fixing up the award pics! (I did the backgrounds and the glow/trophy/laurelwreath stuff, I wrote the text, but she did the "outlining" in PaintShopPro, where you must do lots of layers + repeated pasting/new text in a darker colour to make the white text stand out... thanks, Danielle!)

:::trumpets sound:::

I will be retiring on 36,000 blams and 24,000 saves for a nice total of 60,000 b/p.

36 is my fave number, 42 is my second fave (and 24 is 42 backwards, eh?). 36 / 24 = 1.5, which is the ratio of blams to saves I've had since I stopped blamming temporarily at 33,333 to hit 33,333 and 22,222 at the same time (and thus a total of 55,555).

Those of you who remember that from back in May know how hard I worked to get my perfect 3:2 (33333:22222, more specifically #;-}>) ratio at that time by doing nothing but saving for around a week, resisting all temptations to blam crapflash. Now, two months later, I am still planning on keeping that ratio. To me, it is the perfect "neutral" ratio on NG. And I'm a neutral aura through and through.

Thus... in short, there were three keys to the contest:

Knowing that 36 and 42 are my fave numbers.
Knowing that I've been working at keeping a 1.5 ratio for awhile now.
Knowing that I like nice round numbers, and the more -00 and -000 endings they have, the better.

AND NOW... the contest results! Winners and ALMOST winners alike! Here we go:

(ahem)

And now... the winners of the contest:

CORRECT ON BOTH GUESSES:

-Myst-
Replay
Tom_s00

Congratulations to all three of you! You should be really proud you can read my mind so well. Or something. #;-}>

And... The runners-up (half right):

CORRECT ON 36,000 BLAMS:

TarThoron

CORRECT ON 24,000 SAVES:

wismty

And... The honourable mentions:

CORRECT ON 3:2 (1.5:1) B-to-P RATIO (BUT NOT ACTUAL #s):

MPA (36036 / 24024)
Xiivi (36360 / 24240)
Brewtality (36900 / 24600)
Denvish (36363 / 24242)

CLOSE BUT NOT QUITE:

ramagi (-500 / +500)
MPA (+36 / +24)
iscruLz (+544 / -544)
JerkClock (-1000 / +1000)
Brewtality (+900 / +600)
jonthomson (+36 / -36)
YoinK_VineS (-1000 / +1000)
thegreatmorph (+500 / -500)
Denvish (+363 / +242)

(boldface indicates "SO DAMNED CLOSE" status, as determined subjectively by me... if only MPA, jonthomson, and Denvish had weighed my love for -00 and -000 ending numbers (example: I take postcount screenies each and every 100 posts at -00 ending postcounts, without fail) more heavily)

(note: other non-boldfaced "close but not quite"s are also subjectively determined. People not listed here may have technically been closer to the real total on either blams or saves... but the other stat they guessed at was much further away or else there was no real "ratio goodness" like there was with the people who got the 3/2 ratio right but not the #s themselves, such as Brewtality)

Lastly:

FINAL WEB UPDATE OF THE GUESS CHART, WITH WINNERS IN RED!

http://home.houston.../gfoxcook/guess.html

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:14:34

-Myst-, aka TEH MYSTBOY... here is your award sigpic. Wear it with pride, if you like.

I made it with a red background to fit your aura (even though of the three winners, your save-to-blam ratio is the HIGHEST, actually, so you should be the light aura guy among the three of you!).

Hope you enjoy it!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:16:35

Replay, aka ... uh... Rewind? Mr. Loop? Heh... here is your award sigpic. Wear it with pride, if you like.

I made it with a green background because you and Tom both have blue/light aura, but your blam/save ratio is much more neutral than his, and I wanted all three of your pics to be different. Know that green is my favourite colour, and thus this is teh "special" to me, even though it doesn't match your aura.

Hope you enjoy it!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:17:39

Tom_s00, aka THE OTHER TOM... here is your award sigpic. Wear it with pride, if you like.

I made it with a blue background to fit your aura (even though of the three winners, you have the highest blam-to-save ratio, and thus you being a light aura doesn't make sense... clearly you just enjoy blue... A LOT! So I thought this was extra fitting for you).

Hope you enjoy it!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:22:43

Aw, all I got was an honourable mention. ;) <3

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:29:04

At 7/21/05 12:22 AM, Xiivi wrote: Aw, all I got was an honourable mention. ;) <3

An honourable mention for getting the RATIO right! Which is quite impressive in itself.

Oh wait... did you mean you didn't get on the "CLOSE BUT NOT QUITE" list? ... argh, you should have been on it, your guess was almost identical to Denvish's, but a bit closer distance-wise (and even digits-wise, as you had -0 endings, at least, if not -00 or -000 endings).

LEMME FIXIT!

CLOSE BUT NOT QUITE:

ramagi (-500 / +500)
MPA (+36 / +24)
iscruLz (+544 / -544)
JerkClock (-1000 / +1000)
Xiivi (+360 / +240)
Brewtality (+900 / +600)
jonthomson (+36 / -36)
YoinK_VineS (-1000 / +1000)
thegreatmorph (+500 / -500)
Denvish (+363 / +242)

(Xiivi was teh SUPER CLOSE and was left off the first time, so he gets UNDERLINING, too! oooooooooooooooo....)

(there, better? #;-}>)

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 00:37:01

Well I was way off but it was worth the guess. What will you do if you get 36,001 from a flagged movie that gets deleted by wade.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 01:17:20

omg ... I won ... lol

and what's even more surprising is that I pretty much guessed right what gfox has thought ... amazing. I seriously think about becoming a medium (nah ... not at all hehe).

Well, finally it was worth participating, I'm going to wear that sig with pride and I was actually looking for a new sig, thanks gfox ;)

About the aura, I don't think it should reflect your actual stats, since they mostly depend on the submissions' quality over your personnal way of voting. I'm a dark aura because I'd like the portal to be free of all these crappy submissions, even if people made effort making them, if they're not worth the portal, they should show it somewhere else. And my ratio is "lighter" than the other only because I'm not voting quite often, and that submissions that are going to be protected lasts on the "under judgement" flag longer than the ones that are to be blammed. Anyway ... the dark aura looks cooler :P

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 02:29:48

Well, I was correct in a way that you would stop at 60,000 BP. But congradulations to the winners!

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 05:22:28

lol, I was far.

Congratulation to the 3 winners!!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 06:14:38

I will be retiring on 36,000 blams and 24,000 saves for a nice total of 60,000 b/p.

How booring. Why so early? Why not 65432?.........

Anyway congratz to you lucky three, who recieves such a memorable sig.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 06:52:56

Damn, I was right the first time. Oh well.

At 7/17/05 06:55 AM, DonDoli wrote: The only thing I can think of is 60k, but seeing your hints I know it will be something much more unique.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 08:38:14

At 7/21/05 12:37 AM, Septemb3r wrote: Well I was way off but it was worth the guess. What will you do if you get 36,001 from a flagged movie that gets deleted by wade.

I will ask Wade or liljim to please delete that blam.

But whichever stat is approaching 36k or 24k first I'm gonna slow way down on before it gets there (maybe 20 or so away), so if I make any mistakes or flagged movies come out of review and I get a blam or save from them it won't push me over the top.

By the time I get up there to 60k-ish, hopefully another whistle list clear will have happened, so I can safely proceed. Otherwise, I'll have to ask for admin-help (as ramagi once did to change some blams into saves to have a nice 36k retirement).

At 7/21/05 02:29 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: Well, I was correct in a way that you would stop at 60,000 BP. But congradulations to the winners!

Guessing the total is groovy, but it's just not the same as guessing the separate numbers, which was the whole point of the "see if you can figure out teh GFOXSTYLE of b/p retirement" contest. #;-}> Indeed, congrats to them!

At 7/21/05 05:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: lol, I was far.

Congratulation to the 3 winners!!

Yar, but... hey, everyone can't win. The contest would have been INSANELY boring had all 33 guesses been the same, eh? #;-}>

At 7/21/05 06:14 AM, Frostbreath wrote:
How booring. Why so early? Why not 65432?.........

65432 is a great number, but find me two attractive numbers that I could get to with my blams and saves that would look nice IN MY PROFILE.

See, while the b/p total is next to my name on the top 50 list, I see the separate blam and save numbers in my PROFILE way more often each day I'm on NG. And in a way, I'd much rather THEY look nice than the total look nice... because of that.

As for 60k being "EARLY," according to you... it's not. I got up from 57k to 58k in a looooooong time. My b/p rate has slowed incredibly. By the time I get to 60k, it might be late September. The new job I got about a month ago now is totally cramping my b/p style. :::nods:::

Anyway congratz to you lucky three, who recieves such a memorable sig.

Heh. Thanks for the compliment there. #;-}>

At 7/21/05 06:52 AM, DonDoli wrote: Damn, I was right the first time. Oh well.

At 7/17/05 06:55 AM, DonDoli wrote: The only thing I can think of is 60k, but seeing your hints I know it will be something much more unique.

You were right about the total, but see what I said to YoinK. The key was guessing the separate numbers that ADDED to that total, not the total itself. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 08:39:06

BTW, winners: Feel free to add "I won the "Guess GFox's B/P Retirement Stats" Contest!" to your text portion of your sig if you don't feel like wearing the sigpic right now. That would be nifty, too!

At 7/21/05 01:17 AM, -Myst- wrote: omg ... I won ... lol

Heh.

and what's even more surprising is that I pretty much guessed right what gfox has thought ... amazing. I seriously think about becoming a medium (nah ... not at all hehe).

Well, I'm glad you finally came here and gave a new guess, because your old and totally-wrong guesses were sooooo far off. When you came in here and guessed PERFECT, I was really surprised and amused. Great job, man. #;-}> Replay and Tom_s00 too, of course!

I'd love to hear the logic behind all three of your guesses, BTW. Well, I know yours. You read my mind, basically. #;-}>

Well, finally it was worth participating, I'm going to wear that sig with pride and I was actually looking for a new sig, thanks gfox ;)

Awesome! I'm glad at least one winner will wear the sig for awhile.

About the aura, I don't think it should reflect your actual stats, since they mostly depend on the submissions' quality over your personnal way of voting. I'm a dark aura because I'd like the portal to be free of all these crappy submissions, even if people made effort making them, if they're not worth the portal, they should show it somewhere else. And my ratio is "lighter" than the other only because I'm not voting quite often, and that submissions that are going to be protected lasts on the "under judgement" flag longer than the ones that are to be blammed. Anyway ... the dark aura looks cooler :P

I think it's the "looks cooler" (to you) part that's most important. #;-}>

I just happen to like the colour AND the meaning behind my aura, so sometimes I forget that it's very different for other people... and how they choose theirs (or change around a lot based on level icon).

Anyway, folks, aside from the guesses stopping in here, I also ended the contest last night because I might have to work some overtime to finish a project at work tonight. So I knew I wasn't going to be able to do a ton of stuff tonight (Thursday).

I might be around, otherwise I'll see you all on Friday or Saturday... Here comes the weekend! Have a good day, everyone. Where's my other two winners, damnit? COME ON IN TO COLLECT YER PRIZES! #;-}>

Oh, and I submitted the pics to RG...

http://photoshop.ret..com/view.php?id=2890

I might end up taking the advice of a reviewer there who said I should make a generic sigpic for all the non-winners as well. WE SHALL SEE!

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 14:14:05

At 7/21/05 12:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote: CORRECT ON 36,000 BLAMS:

TarThoron

I'm suprised I'm the only one who made that guess without the 24000. Anyone who know you knows your love of 36, and of zeros. I guess I overthought the saves though. I thought I would e a little more unique, and used 27941, in other words, your profile ID# with a 2 on front.

Will you continue to whistle with your main account? I would assume you'll still be posting/reviewing, so you can get pentalisted.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 15:35:31

I would have guessed 60,000 or MPA's guess, but I took too long and now the contest is over. Shame you're stopping, but I guess we all have to stop in the end. As for what happens to the non-winners, they can have this sig if you don't make one. No pressure is being put on you to make a sig. None at all.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 16:05:56

At 7/19/05 12:01 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
You've chosen guesses that add up to 66665, which is technically allowed, but... I've already given the hint (multiple times) that the total is closer to my current amount (57900ish) than it is to 66,666.
Soooo.... I've put your above 40003/26662 guesses into the list, but because you apparently didn't realise that ramagi's changed her 66666 guess to a 60000 guess
(and because your sig identifies you as a fellow U2 fan! #;-}>

I am indeed <:o)

j/k).... I'll give you the chance to change your numbers (if you read this in time). Are you game?

Allright, let me see, closer to 57900.
Protects: 25552 , Blams: 35433, Total: 60985 blams/protects. Am I still in time?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 16:13:09

At 7/21/05 04:05 PM, Auz wrote: blah blah

Damnit >=(
Excuse me for being to lazy to read the rest of the topic. Can you please delete that post? Thanks.

Congrats to everybody who won this contest. I expected that it would be a more diffecult number then 24k/36k=60k. Well good luck gfox with getting to that amount.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 17:12:16

At 7/21/05 12:17 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Tom_s00, aka THE OTHER TOM... here is your award sigpic. Wear it with pride, if you like.

OMG i feel so happy right now!

I made it with a blue background to fit your aura (even though of the three winners, you have the highest blam-to-save ratio, and thus you being a light aura doesn't make sense... clearly you just enjoy blue... A LOT! So I thought this was extra fitting for you).

Thanks !

Hope you enjoy it!

Oh i will don't you worry about that.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 19:09:22

At 7/21/05 08:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I think it's the "looks cooler" (to you) part that's most important. #;-}>

lol, you read my mind pretty well too ;)

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 20:46:02

Close but no cigar eh? I gave it a good go.

Oh and if you're wondering about my current temporary sig, well this should explain. heh

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 23:33:10

I figured your love for saves would make you want to increase your save/blam ratio more before retiring, but that increasing it to 30000 would be too much, so 25000 it was. I also figured youd be retiring at either 60000, or 65000, 40000 was too much to raise blams for 25000 saves, so 35000 it was. If only I'd thought of the 1.5/1 ratio.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 23:56:22

Tar asked some interesting questions about the future of this account, and I rambled a bit while answering him, so my reply to him gets its own post! Other replies to follow. But pay attention, people who seem to have the idea that I'm leaving NG forever or something. I'm just retiring THIS account from blamming and saving, damnit! I will be b/ping with gfoxclock, my primary alt, I will continue to get exp for all three of my accounts + post with my main two + review with my main one.

IOW:

gfoxcook: exp / posts / reviews
gfoxclock: exp / b/p / posts
gfox: exp

Clear? #;-}>

Anyway:

At 7/21/05 02:14 PM, TarThoron wrote: I'm suprised I'm the only one who made that guess without the 24000.

As was I! I've never raved about how much I love 24 or anything, but everyone should know teh 36ness of gfox, yes....

Anyone who know you knows your love of 36, and of zeros.

... Exactly as you said. #;-}> And yeah, the zeroes. A lot of people forgot to factor in teh love of nice even numbers with lots of zeroes at the end. Congrats on being one of the four to figure that 36,000 was one of the numbers.

I guess I overthought the saves though. I thought I would e a little more unique, and used 27941, in other words, your profile ID# with a 2 on front.

That's actually an interesting little idea. But I'm not insanely fond of my userID#, so... if it was something like 3642 or 3669 instead of 7941, I might have been more tempted to work it into one or both of my retirement b and p numbers. #;-}>

Will you continue to whistle with your main account? I would assume you'll still be posting/reviewing, so you can get pentalisted.

I hardly ever whistle anymore. Once I'm not b/ping (i.e. once I'm not viewing/voting on UJ flash with my main account) with gfoxcook, I won't be whistling at ALL with it.

Almost all of my whistle power was earned the hard way, my friend. Review marking. Thousands of abusive reviews found during my 1.5+ years of reviewmoddom.

And since I can only review mod on my main account (my alts aren't mods #;-}>), I will indeed still be marking REVIEWS, if not movies, with gfoxcook, and thus continuing to improve my whistle points (and hopefully power... I'm so damned close to gold at this point, I think. Unless the last month of my job making me review mod very little lately = backslide... anyway, haven't checked since June, but I was around 1.83 / 2.00 needed for gold last time I looked).

And of course, yes, more reviews + posts.

I doubt I'll ever hit 10,000 reviews, though I'll never say never.

So I'll end up quadlisted at the very least. And I won't be retiring from getting reviews, posts, or exp on this account ever, of course. Just the blams and protects. I just feel I've done as much as I can with them. 60k with a 36k/24k split seems like the "right" thing to do, and I can never catch ramagi or MPA as long as they want to keep moving, so there's no impetus for a #1 bid or anything. I enjoyed having the silver medal for about half a year.

BTW, if the b/p system changed to have more ranks or something similar to that in effect, I would obviously reconsider my b/p retirement. But it'd take something major like that... people coming up from behind me and passing me won't be enough to do it (unless I'm going to drop out of the top 50 list or something!).

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-21 23:57:24

At 7/21/05 03:35 PM, Qwoxyl wrote: I would have guessed 60,000 or MPA's guess, but I took too long and now the contest is over. Shame you're stopping, but I guess we all have to stop in the end. As for what happens to the non-winners, they can have this sig if you don't make one. No pressure is being put on you to make a sig. None at all.

L O FREAKING L.

Sorry the contest ended too soon for your liking, man, but only two people (both alts) guessed in the final 48 hours of it. I took that to mean you guys were pretty much done guessing. #;-}>

That sig is hilarious man. Yeah, no pressure at all. #;-}> I'll make one, but not till the weekend. :::nods:::

At 7/21/05 04:13 PM, Auz wrote: Damnit >=(
Excuse me for being to lazy to read the rest of the topic. Can you please delete that post? Thanks.

Dude, that's okay. Besides, that post had a much better guess than the first one you made. Even though it was a BIT too late. No harm, no foul. #;-}>

And hey, with your old guess, you had the distinction of being the HIGHEST guess of all the guesses, even if that meant it was super far-off

Further than Frostbreath's, BTW... oh, and speaking of that (I saw Frostbreath's post in level up!): Frostbreath, you said your 65,432 guess was the furthest off, but I think you didn't notice Auz's original 66,665 guess! #;-}>

Congrats to everybody who won this contest. I expected that it would be a more diffecult number then 24k/36k=60k. Well good luck gfox with getting to that amount.

Sometimes an easy set of numbers is the hardest to guess, eh? #;-}> Thanks for the good luck and thanks for participating!

At 7/21/05 05:12 PM, Tom_s00 wrote:
At 7/21/05 12:17 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Tom_s00, aka THE OTHER TOM... here is your award sigpic. Wear it with pride, if you like.
OMG i feel so happy right now!

Wheeeeeeeee?!?! #;-}>

Thanks !

Sure thing, man. It was made with tender loving care. :::nods:::

Hope you enjoy it!
Oh i will don't you worry about that.

Soooo... ya gonna wear it? #;-}> I don't expect anyone to wear 'em for that long, they're not the most attractive pics ever, but if you three were to wear them for a short time (say through this weekend) at the SAME time, that'd be pretty damned cool. Might be too much to hope for three individual users to coordinate their sigpic habits, though. #;-}>

Anyway, I'll probably take the advice about making the generic "I was in the contest but lost" sigpics within a day or two, as I've already said to Qwoxyl. WE SHALL SEE WHAT RESULTS! #;-}>

At 7/21/05 07:09 PM, -Myst- wrote:
At 7/21/05 08:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: I think it's the "looks cooler" (to you) part that's most important. #;-}>
lol, you read my mind pretty well too ;)

True enough! Turnabout is fair play. #;-}>

At 7/21/05 08:46 PM, MPA wrote: Close but no cigar eh? I gave it a good go.

Oh and if you're wondering about my current temporary sig, well this should explain. heh

Damned close. Closer than your ????? + ????? = 63336 (as lovely as that total is) guess, in any event.

As for the YoinK neck sigpics, I realised that was what it was as soon as I saw Tom's on this page (And yes, now I realise why he's not wearing the contest sigpic right now, it's quite understandable! #;-}>). But I didn't click the BBS thread link his sigpic was to... but then I saw your above comment so I checked it out.

Thank you VERY much for making that post, because now I have a saved copy (complete with images) of the greatness than is page 1 of that topic. Congrats to you guys... instant NG legend/classic. #;-}> And yeah, obviously anyone who posted one of those first 30 posts in that topic has a DUTY... and the honour... of keeping his/her sigpic that way for at least a few days, eh?

I just hope to one day see Tom's prize under his posts for at least a short while (as opposed to Yoink's penis-like stretched neck segment #;-}>).

At 7/21/05 11:33 PM, JerkClock wrote: I figured your love for saves would make you want to increase your save/blam ratio more before retiring, but that increasing it to 30000 would be too much, so 25000 it was. I also figured youd be retiring at either 60000, or 65000, 40000 was too much to raise blams for 25000 saves, so 35000 it was. If only I'd thought of the 1.5/1 ratio.

A 33333/33333 1:1 ratio 66666 retirement would have been the best possible scenario, but when I was at 33333/22222 for around 24 hours at 55555... and after having spent about 7-10 days not blamming at all, I knew it wouldn't be possible to do that and keep my sanity.

Thus, I've settled for something almost as good. The 1.5:1 ratio, yes. But your logic was pretty sound, man. Yeah, if only you'd thought of the ratio I used back when I hit 55555 in May. That was a big hidden hint, in some ways.

BBS Signature

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-22 00:10:16

At 7/21/05 11:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote:

gfoxcook: exp / posts / reviews
gfoxclock: exp / b/p / posts
gfox: exp

I don't recommend that, I for one have accidentally done b/p with Anarchy_Balsac a few times instead of this account.

Response to Guess gfox's b/p Retirement Contest 2005-07-22 00:24:26

At 7/21/05 12:11 AM, gfoxcook wrote:

Well I figured that was right but I wanted to be diffrent in my ghuss so I'll
explain why I guessed

35,500 blams and 24,500 saves for 60,0000 total

If you take 24,500/35,500=69%

Makes sense now.