00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

10 Anniversary Collab Idea?

82,041 Views | 2,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 08:09:32

At 7/21/05 02:54 AM, SamBakZa wrote: Hi, This is amalloc of SamBakZa.
Thanks Viros. I read the e-mail.
I think Mr. BabelFish could speak Korean as my English. (^^)

I'm in. I want to do this with my pleasure.
But I'll be able to join this discussion.

wow thats great! any chance you can get some other higher ranked users in?

At 7/20/05 10:43 PM, Buzzwerd wrote: About it being long....all i can say is, it's not

And about the voice, here it is.

that was better than a lot of what ive seen posted here, but since your not allowed 2 places, why not make the number at the end your original number (please post your other animation so i can see it)

At 7/20/05 09:16 PM, Ultimate_TH wrote:
Course we all can still put up previews here for critism. Check out the little enhancement I did on mine!

http://img327.images..ubmissiontest9wg.swf

its good but i noticed something you should change, the background is too dark and you need to either lower its alpha or blend the edges.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 08:33:51

Great job guys! Keep those artists comin' in this is looking good so far! If anyone wants some detailed info about this collaboration feel free to e-mail me or contact me on MSN messenger at duskj79@hotmail.com

Woo hooo we're doing it!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 09:37:59

Group 10 Part 9

I added sound effects so it's looking good! So, Cheddar, can I send this in to you?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 09:40:10

Oh yeah, i forgot to ask. Who's gonna contact Granfaloon? (The Real Legend)

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 09:41:09

i'm communicating with SamBakZa abut the rules, etc...

This is reall taking off well!

I love this site! Free Open Forum - It's like editorials on crack. For everyone.

Pro Palma Deus Unus

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 09:51:08

Once you've completed your piece (Flea_Productions) you can send it to me both .fla and .swf files to duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 09:53:01

At 7/21/05 09:37 AM, Flea_Productions3 wrote: Group 10 Part 9

I added sound effects so it's looking good! So, Cheddar, can I send this in to you?

its pretty cool but the kid should have some kind of reaction once he sets on fire, maybe he could scream or something? i like it how it is but think about it.

also, viros, did you see sambaka(sorry if spelt wrong) posted here?

im going to start on mine today, im getting a new mouse as mines just a crappy one, should be able to draw better then.
good luck everyone!

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 10:17:39

http://img243.images..lcolllabpeice8py.swf

Yo, this is my part of the collab, wat do u think?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 11:41:34

(please post your other animation so i can see it)

what other animation?

OMFG (^_^) ! We got him!

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 11:52:15

Yay, Sambazka, I got monkokio, but that's not as good as Sambazka lol.

And sorry Buzzwerd i was watching it late at night and was really tired. For some reason it felt much longer last night. T_T

I'll try and find more people. And Also, Buzzerd, i think u should use pico instead of ur other one. But unless u wanna use ur own character do that. I think the goal was 100 artists, not 100 submissions. But anywho, they're both pretty cool. ^^

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:00:37

At 7/21/05 11:41 AM, Buzzwerd wrote:
(please post your other animation so i can see it)
what other animation?

you made two animations for this havent you? i wa sjust wondering if i could see your original one.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:03:14

I take it that theres still a (or many) space, if there is then count me in!

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:07:20

Here are both of my animations. (One)
(Pico)

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:08:52

Your links are backwards.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:09:33

At 7/21/05 12:07 PM, Buzzwerd wrote: Here are both of my animations. (One)
(Pico)

ah cool, i definetly prefer the pico one though.

btw i noticed a problem with it, just before you hear the first gun sound it lags a little. do you have some kind of command on, like load on use?

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:11:52

Lol, i linked it weirdly. Yeah, theres something wrong with the sound, i'll try to fix it, maybe it just had'nt loaded yet. By the way, should we put our movies into movieclips.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:15:09

At 7/21/05 12:11 PM, Buzzwerd wrote: Lol, i linked it weirdly. Yeah, theres something wrong with the sound, i'll try to fix it, maybe it just had'nt loaded yet. By the way, should we put our movies into movieclips.

email cheddar about it.

on the same subject(dont think cheddar mentioned this) we need to rename all tweens else they will all fuckup. could you include that in ur email to please. or cheddar just answer here

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:21:46

I don't experience any lag, but i think its cuz i have a faster than normal computer.

And yes, if you would have made movie clips instead of groups that wouldn'ta been a problem ;) hehe.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:26:31

WARNING (Do not use groups in a collab!! They use an extreme mass amount of memory)

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:30:44

I would think that Cheddar would want everyone to put their parts into a movieclip or graphic and then name our library items uniquely (with our names in them or something) and then put all your library items into a unique folder.

And yes, groups do tend to slow things down. Just don't be lazy and make your stuff movie clips. It takes two extra seconds.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:35:24

At 7/21/05 12:32 PM, BrandonPClark wrote:
I just have 1 question... Does every part have to be exactly 3 seconds long? Sorry but I'm a lazy grunt who can't read 17 pages of replies <=).

Mine is 4 sec.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:35:48

At 7/21/05 12:32 PM, BrandonPClark wrote: Alright I'll join in. I'll be in Group Seven and my # will be 10.

I just have 1 question... Does every part have to be exactly 3 seconds long? Sorry but I'm a lazy grunt who can't read 17 pages of replies <=).

nah, thats just the average, just keep it around that time and it should be alrite. if you have any other questions email cheddar, were trying to keep this thread cleaner and more generally for people signing up.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:37:46

Here's a recap for those new members joining

I've compiled pretty much all the posts I've made about this subject so as to give a better idea of what this is all about :)
I have an idea for a 10th Anniversary collaboration. It's a very simple idea that wouldn't take a great deal of work but I'd like to see how many people I could sign on to it.

I'm not going for ratings or anything, just something to show the people 'behind' NEWGROUNDS that we really do appreciate this site and everything its done for us.

Its a mega task that I would like to involve up to 100 (yes i said ONE HUNDRED) artists. The idea would be that everyone creates a character (original or from newgrounds) that could count a number (the numbers being 1-10). Very short screen time I know but if you included 100 characters, I think the impact would be very cool!...

Ok well, bearing in mind the amount of artists I need for this collaboration, I really don't mind WHO wants to add their voice to this piece. For this project I can appreciate all forms of work (besides nudity/sexual overtones etc.). I want this piece to have all ages and all styles working so as to show off how far Newgrounds has gone.

I would like the stage size to be the DEFAULT size (500x400) with 24fps.

All files must be labelled with your username....
-stream the sound file you use
-Put everything into a movieclip before sending.
-name your symbols uniquely. Ex: Cheddar79_clouds
the example that Ryan-Smith showed us (posted on the forums) was around 2-3 seconds long. At 24 fps, that's about 60-80 frames. This is probably what we're aiming for. Keep it around these specs.
A white background is what I'm looking for but if you can convince me that your character will look better with a different color, i'm up for that.

I'd like you to add a shadow behind each character as if they were standing just in front of a wall....each artist won't get a very large amount of screen time (I'm estimation approx. hmmm..2-3 secs or however long it would take to say the number really). This isn't showing off, its saying thanks for a great 10 years!
NO OFFICIAL deadline until I have all the artists I need for this collaboration.

I'm thinking the amount of screen time between 3-4 seconds now? Not finalized yet because we may need to pause for a sec. so that it doesn't look too jumpy...

Sound Files: If you are able to record your own voice stating the number you've chosen that would be ideal, if you CANNOT do this for any reason, contact me via my e-mail and I will send you a sound recording with the number you want. :)
You may add some sound effects but NO music whatsoever. I haven’t decided if there will be any music yet and will find out when I have all the artists work together.

I realize that this is quite an intensely long e-mail...just wanted to make sure I cleared everything up :)
thanks for your time.
Cheddar79

Send your flash files (both .fla and .swf) to me at duskj79@hotmail.com

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 12:50:10

Well, mines just done with the paintbrush and i have no symbols so i should be ok.

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:05:56

http://img243.images..lcolllabpeice8py.swf
this is mine ...what do u think?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:05:55

At 7/21/05 12:37 PM, Cheddar79 wrote:
I would like the stage size to be the DEFAULT size (500x400) with 24fps.

The default size is 550 x 400. This is confusing the heck out of me, someone else said that it had to be 500 x 400 rather than the default, now you're saying that 500 x 400 is the default, but it isn't. Please enlighten me as to which size you want us to use?

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:13:43

it is 500x400 and http://img243.images..lcolllabpeice8py.swf
CAN SOMEONE TELL IF THIS IS OK!!!!

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:15:10

yes, its fine I like the lighning

BBS Signature

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:21:14

At 7/21/05 01:13 PM, Jazzballian wrote: it is 500x400 and http://img243.images..lcolllabpeice8py.swf

CAN SOMEONE TELL IF THIS IS OK!!!!

But the starter of the collab keeps saying he wants the default. I'm just asking because there might be half the people using 550 x 400 who havent changed the size, and the other half who have.

Response to 10 Anniversary Collab Idea? 2005-07-21 13:24:12

I did mine on 550x400 but just wait till he replys so we know for sure, ti would be easyer for it to go to default, coz the people who made it small only have to resize the models a bit, or the movieclip.

BBS Signature