00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

language in middle school

906 Views | 23 Replies

language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:04:10

do you guys think it is right to learn a different language when your in middle school?
my bro takes chinese and spanish at the same time and he is only in middle school

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:05:30

Most people in the world start learning languages early. The earlier you start learning, the easier it is.

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:06:23

At 4/26/05 04:05 PM, Maus wrote: Most people in the world start learning languages early. The earlier you start learning, the easier it is.

ditto i wanna learn japanise

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:06:27

I took spanish while in middle school (8th grade) and i dont see any problem with it and it was pretty easy. Now im in spanish 2 with upper class students who aren't as immature and dumb as other freshman who constanly talk about rap, weed, and sex

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:06:40

no, economics isn't either unless you're going to lead a borning life. but learning a different language can be interesting. but two at the same time? nah that's a bit much.

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:07:15

i learned french

i persoanlly think the world should have one language, a mixx of all languages

this would break down so many barriers

LSD!

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:08:13

At 4/26/05 04:06 PM, snoogumz wrote:
At 4/26/05 04:05 PM, Maus wrote: Most people in the world start learning languages early. The earlier you start learning, the easier it is.
ditto i wanna learn japanise

same here and want to rekindle my other language too

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:09:05

I started learning other languages to late in life and i was tottaly disinterested in them.

If i had started much younger i feel it would have been easier to get a grasp on the subject and be able to learn it properly.

I may in the future attempt to learn japinese - its such an awesome language and would be a real challenge :)

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:12:24

At 4/26/05 04:06 PM, gritty_G wrote: no, economics isn't either unless you're going to lead a borning life. but learning a different language can be interesting. but two at the same time? nah that's a bit much.

Well I have to learn 3 languages at school (French, German and English). Some people have to learn 5 at our shool (French, German, English, Greek and Latin). So learning 2 languages at the same time isn't really that much. And it's also true that the younger you are, the less trouble you have with it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:13:07

I took French and Latin in middle school. I think I remember some research to the effect that a good way to improve your IQ is to learn more languages, and I know it's easier to learn them if you get started early. I personally think they should teach real language classes in elementary school, rather than the stupid language exposure vocab-building things they give you that nobody learns anything from.

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:14:17

that is true but in middle school do u think you should learn chinese?

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:14:35

The one language i was good at was Latin - i loved the way a lot of the stories were written and the style of writing reallygripped me. The translation is relatively easy and latin is applicable to many other subject including the sciences.

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:15:57

i think it is rediculious how we learn our own lag. and have to study it and have tests and stuff. but u are right

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:16:31

At 4/26/05 04:14 PM, Lilj wrote:
Now im in spanish 2 with upper class students who aren't as immature and dumb as other : freshman who constanly talk about rap, weed, and sex
Whats wrong with sex?

Nothings the matter with sex. It's just when you have a whole class of horny guys talking constanly about it as if to have sex makes you cool is annoying as fuck

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:17:44

Im learning spanish at the moment but i get to drop it soon so i dont have to do the spanish GCSE, i really hate it.

For the last time, i don't know how to rip a CD!!

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:18:31

Yes but only if you are going to use it. Like spanish is a widley spoken language and should be taught. Chinese on the other hand is an extremly hard language and is not useful becuase only like 1 or 2 countries use it. If i had to take chinese i would fail and refuse to learn it because its a commie language and im against commies. :)

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:19:44

hey i have been in highschool and that is all guys tak bout is sex. it is koo when ur tlking ot a girl bout it but not guys sitting there humping there desk "oo yea i did thid wit her and that wit her" come on

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:20:54

At 4/26/05 04:14 PM, Hybr1d wrote: The one language i was good at was Latin - i loved the way a lot of the stories were written and the style of writing reallygripped me. The translation is relatively easy and latin is applicable to many other subject including the sciences.

Easy?? Weird, at our school, you didn't had to do latin but they were always talking about " yah it's better and you have so much profit of it etc. " I kinda liked the stories too, but the grammar of that language, my god it had the most diffecult grammar of all the languages I've had in my opinion (well dutch has a pretty diffecult grammar as well but....). So at the end of the year, my average was a 3 (out of 10) so I decided to quit.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 16:21:25

lol. Dom u on right now???

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 17:00:12

I think it's worth it to learn Chinese. The writing is beautiful, and challenge strengthens your mind.

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 17:14:22

At 4/26/05 04:04 PM, punkrocker14 wrote: do you guys think it is right to learn a different language when your in middle school?
my bro takes chinese and spanish at the same time and he is only in middle school

Please, it's better for you. The earlier you learn it, the easier it gets for you as you get older. I've been taking Spanish since I was four years old, and I used to be amazing at it, until I switched schools where the new one doesn't offer a language course until 9th grade, which means that i'll have to wait about six months before I get the rust off and prepare for Spanish II, if they even let freshmen into the class. If not, then i'm stuck in Spanish I with the retawds.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 17:21:26

I want to learn german...

Kid: Gimmie yur monay!!
Me: Ich trete die Scheiße aus Ihnen heraus Sie Sohn eines Weibchens!
Kid: Aaaahhh!!! What the fuck??!!??!? HELP!!!!
Kid runs away.
Me punches kid's head in.

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 17:24:47

At 4/26/05 05:21 PM, ilsoft wrote: I want to learn german...

Kid: Gimmie yur monay!!
Me: Ich trete die Scheiße aus Ihnen heraus Sie Sohn eines Weibchens!
Kid: Shut up faggot!
Kid beats the crap out of me and steals my money
Me lays on the ground in a bloody mess

fixed

;)

Response to language in middle school 2005-04-26 17:31:13

I started learning French in grade 4. So, keeping on learning the language was no big deal really. I think the more languages one can learn the better. And at an earlier age, the language is easier to learn, so why not?

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature