00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,606 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 14:35:13

All my songs is made in fl9 but, its one thing that is pissing me off!!!
How to copy and paste notes in piano roll !??!??

Do i like waffles ? Yes i like waffles !!!

Dj Esyrik :3

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 14:38:52

At 3/6/10 02:35 PM, DjEsyrik wrote: All my songs is made in fl9 but, its one thing that is pissing me off!!!

select the notes you want

ctrl + c to copy
ctrl + v to paste

just like with anyuthing eles on a cmputer

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 14:44:03

At 3/6/10 02:38 PM, xKore wrote:
At 3/6/10 02:35 PM, DjEsyrik wrote: All my songs is made in fl9 but, its one thing that is pissing me off!!!

ctrl + c to copy
ctrl + v to paste

just like with anyuthing eles on a cmputer

What a stupid i am !!!

Do i like waffles ? Yes i like waffles !!!

Dj Esyrik :3

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 14:51:37

At 3/6/10 02:38 PM, xKore wrote:

ctrl + c to copy
ctrl + v to paste

dont forget alt-f4 for FL studio hax

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 15:26:55

Here's one. Okay, so I use mixcraft and have created a piece using only the little loops from the library that they have. Unfortunately I have a little trouble with the transtioning of the loops. Mainly I will have one loop going then the transition of the song goes and it is an ABRUPT transition. I am wondering if there is a way to just extend the last note of the loop before the transition. This could also apply to an ending of a piece. Is there a way that I can make the ending smooth and lengthen the last note? Thanks,
PessimistOwl

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 15:44:11

At 3/6/10 03:26 PM, PessimistOwl wrote: Here's one. Okay, so I use mixcraft.....

And this is an FL studio problem how?

You would find more answers if you didn't ask in a help thread for a different program. . .haha

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 16:03:36

At 3/6/10 04:00 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 3/6/10 03:26 PM, PessimistOwl wrote: Here's one. Okay, so I use mixcraft
I hope you don't plan on submitting that to NG. You'll get banned. Just a heads up.

PessimistOwl, if your song is made out of loops, and not your own recording / midi data, you're breaking the NG rules. Judging by your post you're simply arranging a bunch of loops, which does not qualify as "your own original work", as basically you're just making a little collection with other people's work. Just a heads up.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 16:47:59

>:\ Damn, and that is so fast.... Oh well, looks like I am off to go learn how to play a piano! now where am I going to find the time to do that.

Also, your post kind of makes it seem like I am being lazy. Just an fyi, its mainly just using a midi keyboard along with loops. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-06 17:37:08

At 3/6/10 04:47 PM, PessimistOwl wrote: >:\ Damn, and that is so fast.... Oh well, looks like I am off to go learn how to play a piano! now where am I going to find the time to do that.

Also, your post kind of makes it seem like I am being lazy. Just an fyi, its mainly just using a midi keyboard along with loops. But I will keep that in mind. Thanks

Well as you're using a midi keyboard, that's good. By try to reduce the loops you used, and make sure the majority of the work put into it is actually you, and not the loops.

and let's stop discussing this here, as this is the FL questions thread, lol.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-07 01:26:50

I want to know is why when I hook up my digital interface so I can record into FL Studio. Once I change the inputs so I can record into the mic or guitar etc. it just start making this load buzz sound and it won't do nothing but make this sound. I've had it hooked up many times before but now thats all it does and I don't know what to do?

FL Studio 8
Mobile Pre USB (2 channel)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-07 02:56:48

At 3/7/10 01:26 AM, JohnPliskinLF wrote: I want to know is why when I hook up my digital interface so I can record into FL Studio. Once I change the inputs so I can record into the mic or guitar etc. it just start making this load buzz sound and it won't do nothing but make this sound. I've had it hooked up many times before but now thats all it does and I don't know what to do?

FL Studio 8
Mobile Pre USB (2 channel)

Thats a really generic recording problem. First I might add that you should be more careful when you type because its nearly incoherent. If you upload a screen shot of your audio settings and tell us what possible inputs FL studio is allowing you, then that would help us a bunch for deciding whether or not its a software or hardware problem. Thanks.

Cheers

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-10 23:43:12

ok, question. I want to use the arpeggiation feature (in the channel settings window under func), and its all good, but it continually plays through without ever stopping. how do i cut it off where i want it to? Someone tried to explain to me about making an automated clip, but it didn't really work. maybe i didnt do it right?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-11 22:55:38

At 3/10/10 11:43 PM, Aneuryzm wrote: ok, question. I want to use the arpeggiation feature (in the channel settings window under func), and its all good, but it continually plays through without ever stopping. how do i cut it off where i want it to? Someone tried to explain to me about making an automated clip, but it didn't really work. maybe i didnt do it right?

If you can't figure out how to use automations properly then just clone the instrument and turn the arp off, and use the arp off instrument at the parts you want it to be off...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-16 22:55:05

Where can I find good drum samples? If you could give me a few different websites that would be a great.

Thanks in advance.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-16 23:49:57

At 3/16/10 10:55 PM, davin712 wrote: Where can I find good drum samples? If you could give me a few different websites that would be a great.

Thanks in advance.

. . .Not really an FL studio problem but what kind of drums do you need? For what genre?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-17 07:59:04

I have a question:
I downloaded FL Studio 9, but when I press the "Unlock" button, it says, "Error: Your FL Studio 9 is already unlocked or corrupt."
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but it's not working.
What should I do?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-17 14:20:07

At 3/17/10 07:59 AM, Zephyralos wrote: I have a question:
I downloaded FL Studio 9, but when I press the "Unlock" button, it says, "Error: Your FL Studio 9 is already unlocked or corrupt."

Ok so just to get this strait, you have downloaded and installed FL9, and you are having trouble getting it registered?

The process should just be:

- install FL studio
- run registry edit file while fl studio is closed

simple as that

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-18 09:02:22

Alright. For some reason, it didn't want to work the first time, but I've got it now. Thank you!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-18 23:17:18

At 3/16/10 11:49 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 3/16/10 10:55 PM, davin712 wrote:
. . .Not really an FL studio problem but what kind of drums do you need? For what genre?

House, but I don't just wants hats and snares and claps. Some interesting drum samples too just in case.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-20 16:30:02

Are you using z3ta laforge?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-20 16:48:56

At 3/20/10 04:40 PM, LaForge wrote: I'm using DSK Choirz to do some choir work that's really heavy in the reverb department and I don't think my system can handle it.

The DSK stuff tends to be cpu rape. If you haven't already, save your file and remove the varied synths/vsts one by one until you find out whats causing the root of the issue.

Likely whats happening is there's some reverb wetness or something over 100% and its causing internal feedback of sorts that crashes.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-20 17:48:22

At 3/20/10 05:09 PM, LaForge wrote: I removed DSK from the mix and it's still crashing whenever I hit "play".

What version of fl, custom vsts are you using, and how are your automation's compared to initializing points, as well as links to lfos and whatnot?

Something's having some sort of issue where FL doesn't know what to prioritize.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-20 18:01:37

Zip and PM a link to me, I'll likely encounter more errors due to incompatibility issues (though I am on FL8 so thats a relief). I'll see if I can trouble shoot some for you though.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-23 14:57:34

Hey!
In the picture, I linked the X-Controller level to the Y-Controller level.
The formula I putted in is 0.5-Input. The result was a line as you see in the picture.
How can I make a curve in that line?

If you didn't understand, how can I tweak the line like you can tweak an automation clip. (By writing down a different formula)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-23 15:38:05

At 3/23/10 02:57 PM, DJHomeless wrote: Hey!
In the picture, I linked the X-Controller level to the Y-Controller level.
The formula I putted in is 0.5-Input. The result was a line as you see in the picture.
How can I make a curve in that line?

If you didn't understand, how can I tweak the line like you can tweak an automation clip. (By writing down a different formula)

Click the arrow by mapping formula, and click one of the log preset ones, they are curves I think, then invert it by putting '0.5-' infront of it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-23 15:55:39

At 3/23/10 03:38 PM, xKore wrote:
Click the arrow by mapping formula, and click one of the log preset ones, they are curves I think, then invert it by putting '0.5-' infront of it.

Thanks it worked.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-25 16:07:27

Hey what would be the fruity loops-equivalent effect of harmonizing vocals?

Like explained in this link.

Or any tips to help improve vocals other than chorus and reverb?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-25 16:49:15

At 3/25/10 04:07 PM, JKG1069 wrote: Hey what would be the fruity loops-equivalent effect of harmonizing vocals?

Like explained in this link.

Or any tips to help improve vocals other than chorus and reverb?

The guy used Waves Ultrapitch 3-Voice, which comes in VST format, so you can use it in FL.

however Waves vsts may be super expensive

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-29 22:21:29

i need help on FL

i have a voice(mp3) and i want to use it on a song but i cant match the tempo of the mp3 whit the song, my song its 135.000 (tempo) and the mp3 its like 124.100.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2010-03-31 08:14:46

At 3/29/10 10:21 PM, wakawako wrote: i need help on FL

i have a voice(mp3) and i want to use it on a song but i cant match the tempo of the mp3 whit the song, my song its 135.000 (tempo) and the mp3 its like 124.100.

If you have the vocal as an audio clip, you can do the following. The red dots indicate where you click the audio clip, and where to find the "Fit to tempo"

P.S. I will be starting a Narrative fruity loops series, so If you have questions about FL I will try and answer them in a video! THIS is the #3 video. :)