00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ykj03 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Scrolling Screen

1,030 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 07:42:15

I wish to make a game with a character that walks around and everything so ofcourse I need a scrolling screen that will scroll along the screen until the character gets to the end.
how can I make a scrolling screen and whats the best way to do it.

Thanx ahead,
Tiger

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 08:30:51

Before I help you, do you have ANY knowledge of programming AT ALL? If not I have no interest in helping you.

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 13:28:07

Yes, I do, now will you help me?

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 13:45:31

I don't believe you for a second. If you did, you would have automatically stated what you know. It's a basic natural reaction. Unless you can prove it, I shan't waste my time.

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 14:01:32

Look, I do know ActionScript, maybe Iam not so advanced but I know, name it and I'll prove it to you.

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-16 14:12:35

Dear boris.

That was totaly uncool to say what ever you said.

why don't you beleave someone , and why don't you help someone? just for the fun of it.

I'm sure you know me , and my work, And i must tell you that i know this guy , he is not an export , but by far he knows scripts.

Give this guy a break , or STFU

RSS

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-17 11:13:35

At 3/16/02 02:12 PM, RobSuperSonic wrote: Dear boris.

That was totaly uncool to say what ever you said.

why don't you beleave someone , and why don't you help someone? just for the fun of it.

I'm sure you know me , and my work, And i must tell you that i know this guy , he is not an export , but by far he knows scripts.

Give this guy a break , or STFU

RSS

boris konws wot hes talking about and i agree with him it looks like this guy knows shit so shut the fuck up and get out of NG

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-17 13:40:54

I have no intention to underestimate boris's or your knowledge, all I did was asking a question and looks like all of the sudden you decided you are mind readers or something and that you know what I know and what I dont, he asked me if I have any knowledge about ActionScript and I told him the truth, wich is, yes.
but looks like you guys don't believe me, and I don't even get why...

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-17 13:49:36

I have no intention to underestimate Boris's knowledge but all I did was asking a question and looks like all of the sudden you guys decided that you are mind readers or something, Boris asked me if I have any ActionScript knowledge and I answered the truth, wich is, yes. but look like you two dont believe me, and I didn't even get why...

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-17 20:44:24

www.flashkit.com

Go there and check out their 'games' tutorial. They have one on scrolling terrain, it'll just require a bit of thought to get it to scroll how you want it but thats a great start.

-IAMDAK-
Was that so hard, Boris?
Seriously, we're all human theres no reason to be so nasty to one another.

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-18 06:44:25

Thank you!
Its nice to see that there are some nice people over here at New Grounds!

Thanx again!

Response to Scrolling Screen 2002-03-19 15:11:10

At 3/16/02 07:42 AM, DeathTiger0 wrote: I wish to make a game with a character that walks around and everything so ofcourse I need a scrolling screen that will scroll along the screen until the character gets to the end.
how can I make a scrolling screen and whats the best way to do it.

Thanx ahead,
Tiger

this topic has overgrown