00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

342,921 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-14 16:18:14

At 11/14/05 12:04 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I say, one vanishes for a bit to find that violnce has almost broken out. Next time you draw your sword Coop please kindly make sure you do it away from the cushions. You've managed to cut this one in half.

Sorry old bean, I can't believe it was really that sharp. Hmm, maybe I should wear the other one in future

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-14 16:35:03

haha, hello old chaps, sorry i haven't been here much. i felt a touch out of the loop, what with the temporal anomalies and flying nazis and what ever else.

*nibbles a scone*

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-14 17:27:46

At 11/14/05 10:43 AM, Janus-King wrote: I say old bean, "FUCK OFF" is quite uncouth,

One begs to differ, Fuck off is a recognised slang term for "please remove yourself from my presence imedatly" and is so acceptable in polite society. "

One has been trying to find "little spot of soul" by "Skeewiff" on the P2P networks but is having no such luck, If anybody has a copy could they please E-mail it to me. They would have my eternal affection and a big bowl of out of date custard as a reward

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-14 17:39:41

At 11/14/05 05:27 PM, Leap wrote: One has been trying to find "little spot of soul" by "Skeewiff" on the P2P networks but is having no such luck, If anybody has a copy could they please E-mail it to me. They would have my eternal affection and a big bowl of out of date custard as a reward

If I had it, I'd be trying to haggle for some 'almost out of date' custard, but sadly, I posess it not.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-14 18:53:25

At 11/14/05 05:27 PM, Leap wrote: If anybody has a copy could they please E-mail it to me. They would have my eternal affection and a big bowl of out of date custard as a reward.

Only if I may throw the custard at the next vagrant to wander into the topic. And you must do Watson's laundry as well.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 04:38:05

At 11/14/05 06:53 PM, DaMainman wrote: Only if I may throw the custard at the next vagrant to wander into the topic. And you must do Watson's laundry as well.

I say, you can't go throwing custard at any passer by. They'll only come back for more.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 05:43:21

At 11/15/05 04:38 AM, Coop83 wrote: I say, you can't go throwing custard at any passer by. They'll only come back for more.

quite so. for custard is, well.. ambrosia. ^_^

i likes it with apples.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 08:36:34

I am completely forgetting myself. We had a wonderul weekend of spot and said nothing. England beat the Australians in the Rugby (YAY!); the Argentinains in the football (YAY!); and then the crowning glory:-

First test, Multan.

Pakistan 274 & 341
England 418 & 24-1

England have a fourth inning run chase ahead for the final day in Multan. We still require 174 to win, but with nine wickets in hand, we need to bat conservatively, but strongly.

A lot is owed to stand in captain, Marcus Trescothick (193 & 5) because he has lent his batting strnegth to the lineup for the first innings, giving us some great pressure on the Pakistanis in their second innings.

It'll be a very interesting day tonight / tomorrow morning.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 11:44:09

At 11/15/05 04:38 AM, Coop83 wrote: I say, you can't go throwing custard at any passer by. They'll only come back for more.

Only if its lumpy my dear fellow. If its not lumpy, its not custard!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 14:15:22

At 11/15/05 11:37 AM, British_Moose wrote: depends on the quality of the custard, old fruity.

If you freeze it, it's fair game.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-15 18:17:21

At 11/15/05 02:15 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/15/05 11:37 AM, British_Moose wrote: depends on the quality of the custard, old fruity.
If you freeze it, it's fair game.

It's the most frozen, lumpy. high quality out of date custard ever to grace this earth, but alas none of you have the song I require, nevermind (thats another good song but I already have that one)

Anyway, One feels that ones life is on an up at the moment, so perhaps one little hicup will not matter so much, I'm just waithing for the BIG hicup

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-16 04:30:13

At 11/15/05 02:25 PM, British_Moose wrote: aaaah, so that was where i went wrong. for the menacing of future raggamuffins that may cross my path, i shall freeze my custard afore a-throwing it. many thanks to you, good-sir.

It is a concise science, custard balistics

Unfortunalely, we lost the Cricket. A few silly shots cost us dearly and we came up about 20 runs short.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-16 04:43:26

At 11/15/05 11:44 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
Only if its lumpy my dear fellow. If its not lumpy, its not custard!

I say lumpy custard! You could fire your kitchen staff....out of a cannon into the sun. I would ask is it Really custard or just out of a packet stuff?
If it is lumpy packet custard then please do use it in self defence, but if it the really stuff you must be out of your tree to give it away.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-16 08:48:14

At 11/15/05 04:11 PM, British_Moose wrote: i say, quite an impressive ammount of large leather bound volumes and whatnot there, sir. kudos on your library, 'tis of high standing most certainly.

Yes, it is rather odd to have such a vast library in this igloo. One almost forgot that we were still in Antarctica. I suggest we proceed post-haste, before all of the custard reserves are frozen.

*Idea*

*Grabs remaining barrels of unfrozen custard and rushes to the nearest large hole in the ground* Ah, I just remembered something interesting about custard, chaps... *Tips custard into the hole* ...about the properties of custard... *Runs into a cave* ...and how it is normally liquid... *Rides out of the cave atop a polo pony* ...but upon impact from a solid... *Rides pony straight across the surface of the custard* ...It becomes a solid also! *Does a few laps of the hole to show off*

Go on chaps, give it a go. Ah, see, it is rather fun, is it not? Just try not to stand sti-... Oh, bugger. Don't struggle, it'll make it grip tighter. This is a right cock-up, and I daresay that it could not possibly get worse.

*Cold climate of Antarctica takes effect, and the custard freezes over* Oh my. One is most humbly in the shit now, eh wot? I'll retrieve my flintlock rifle from the igloo and help you chaps out.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-16 16:56:17

one is considering reverting to neutrality, having lost at the hands of the pakistani bowlers. apparently they themselves put on a fine show though, so perhaps we have not done away with all of our pride.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-17 04:23:10

At 11/16/05 08:48 AM, DaMainman wrote: *Cold climate of Antarctica takes effect, and the custard freezes over* Oh my. One is most humbly in the shit now, eh wot? I'll retrieve my flintlock rifle from the igloo and help you chaps out.

I believe you would be most humble in the custard, not the shit, old boy.

At 11/16/05 04:56 PM, Ratchety wrote: one is considering reverting to neutrality, having lost at the hands of the pakistani bowlers. apparently they themselves put on a fine show though, so perhaps we have not done away with all of our pride.

We played silly, needless strokes when we had 8 wickets left. However, there is still another 2 tests left, we can still win the series.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-17 12:14:18

At 11/16/05 12:33 PM, British_Moose wrote: I say, I would like to make an animation for that, with your consent of course, good sir.

One will beat you to it, old boy...
*Starts on it*

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 04:15:59

At 11/17/05 12:14 PM, DaMainman wrote: One will beat you to it, old boy...
*Starts on it*

I say, a competition. This should be fun to see the end results. Any idea what the completion date is likely to be? Any assistance required, you can email me at the usual address.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 13:09:00

At 11/18/05 04:15 AM, Coop83 wrote: Any idea what the completion date is likely to be?

No idea, old chap. However, I've taken the liberty of providing you with a screenshot, so you can tell how much of my hard work has gone into this so far, eh wot?

English Gentleman's Club

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 13:16:46

At 11/18/05 01:09 PM, DaMainman wrote: No idea, old chap. However, I've taken the liberty of providing you with a screenshot, so you can tell how much of my hard work has gone into this so far, eh wot?

Might one inquire as to why one is not a part of your flash? The lack of me in that screenshot hurts me more than the time when oens maid verbally assualted me in fornt of oens parents for leaving the tap on.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 13:36:06

At 11/18/05 01:16 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Might one inquire as to why one is not a part of your flash? The lack of me in that screenshot hurts me more than the time when oens maid verbally assualted me in fornt of oens parents for leaving the tap on.

It seems that you were the oddly-shaped 'R' in 'Hors'. One was not able to fit 'TENT' in the available space.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 13:38:05

At 11/18/05 01:36 PM, DaMainman wrote: It seems that you were the oddly-shaped 'R' in 'Hors'. One was not able to fit 'TENT' in the available space.

ahh I see, glad ot know one wasn't forgotten. I say, how 'bout when you finish this masterpiece you submit it to the Turner prize? One is positive you will win.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-18 18:59:23

please do tell why one is exclaiming "lol penor"

lol I found it funny

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-19 18:09:48

At 11/19/05 01:12 PM, British_Moose wrote: i say, one was not pwned, how dare thee :\ i challenge you, good sir, to a flash competition, what! one will postpone one's projects and then we can let the people of the thread vote.

do u accept?

of course, we're all used to duelling with foils and pistols, but one must get with the times and embrace technology
we can duel with lightsabres and lazer guns
or flash...

*clears through and announces*

I have a short communique from her majesty

*unravels scroll*

Her Majestry Queen Elizibeth II endorses the flash competition between said parties and have upgraded the competition to a royal challenge. yada yada faluire to accept yada execution yada yada good luck chaps i'll pop in for tiffin later tata signed the Queen.

Thank you messengers you are dismissed, Jeeves show these gentlemen the way out.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-20 18:28:39

At 11/20/05 09:36 AM, British_Moose wrote: i say, the queen is coming, we'll have to get the good servants out, what!

i accept the challenge and would like to know what the subject is? feel free to email me on the subject at bernie_bernarse@hotmail.com
looking forward to competing, may the best man win!
onwards to victory!

someone tell me the subject -.-

Er well I didn't err.. I mean the queen didn't think that far. Spose round the world in 80 decades is kool following the strory we have put down over the last few pages. U've effectivly got a script written for you be it crazy. Consult others i'm not the one to be asking about such things.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-21 03:56:44

By jove my fellow upper crusts. Did any of you fellows happen to chance upon the rugger this fine weekend passed? I must say the colonials put up a good fight, It was a jolly close finish, i was so excited my butler was fit to pass out from all the cheering on my behalf.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-21 05:20:48

At 11/21/05 03:56 AM, Janus-King wrote: Did any of you fellows happen to chance upon the rugger this fine weekend passed?

It was a fun game, though I believe we deserved to win over the all blacks, who just cheated whenever we threatened to score.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-21 06:02:29

Hear Hear, I agree wholeheartedly. I feel i must add, We got some spiffing tackles in, Much to my housemaids delight.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-21 07:04:35

At 11/21/05 06:02 AM, Janus-King wrote: Hear Hear, I agree wholeheartedly. I feel i must add, We got some spiffing tackles in, Much to my housemaids delight.

Had Charlie Hodgsonm not mised that one simple kick, we really would ahve changed the game, going in at 13-13 for half-time.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-11-21 07:39:02

I must say old boy, that the highlight for me was Ben Cohens tackle against Umaga, also Masoe's unruly behaviour was justly vindicated by his numerous yellow cards.
What what, pipi-pip, tally ho and chocks away i say !!

BBS Signature