00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zeddy87 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

101,859 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-23 16:39:09

At 1/23/05 02:47 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 1/23/05 02:42 PM, -TRA- wrote:
But I thought somebody mentioned my name and said that they would vote me out...?
I mentioned your name, because you arent a regular, which is sad, however, your not the worst by anymeans.

Well i was referring to when they were discussing a certain 3. You may no be as regular as some. However, there are far worse then you. Just pick it up a little eh mate. : )

Hmm. I must have misread it or something.
Nope, you got it bang on.

SCD, no need to be so harsh about it lol. ^_^

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 00:01:40

members ROCK

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 00:14:57

At 1/24/05 12:01 AM, Vash121 wrote: members ROCK

Alternate accounts too? :D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 01:15:41

You smell that RC? I can smell it wafting towards me. Something's cooking in the oven RC, and it's that complete RCVL update of yours on February 1st. It's an enticing smell; I'm getting hungry RC and I've got my napkin tucked into my shirt already. Dinner's almost ready.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 01:29:18

At 1/24/05 12:14 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 1/24/05 12:01 AM, Vash121 wrote: members ROCK
Alternate accounts too? :D

oh yeah, if anyone wonders. That's NOT my alt account. I just thought it was Bonus or another weird guy posting crap again :D

My only alt posted once in the EGRL's thread once. It should be easy to find.

At 1/24/05 01:15 AM, MPA wrote: You smell that RC? I can smell it wafting towards me. Something's cooking in the oven RC, and it's that complete RCVL update of yours on February 1st. It's an enticing smell; I'm getting hungry RC and I've got my napkin tucked into my shirt already. Dinner's almost ready.`

Only 8 days left. :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 03:40:12

At 1/24/05 01:29 AM, EKRegulus wrote: Only 8 days left. :)

It is interesting indeed. I guess this is do it or die days for me as it is a long story my side.

Good luck EK and all the other potentials. I shall be looking forward to the result, but I have a strong feeling it isn't my turn just yet. But we never know until we see.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 18:23:38

At 1/24/05 03:40 AM, Alkador wrote:
It is interesting indeed. I guess this is do it or die days for me as it is a long story my side.

Hmmm.

Good luck EK and all the other potentials. I shall be looking forward to the result, but I have a strong feeling it isn't my turn just yet. But we never know until we see.

Yeah goodluck guys, its quite a good feeling having peoples hopes in my hands :D <3

Redcircle

I propose leaving EKRegulus off the list, he said, he would reject an offer to be part of this list in one of his posts, so, i say get him off the list of potentials. But its your call.

EKRegulus

That wasnt an attack at you, you did say it, so to be fair to the other potentials, since you didnt want on the list, if we take you off, you dont get any votes, accidentally or otherwise.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 19:00:14

At 1/24/05 06:23 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: EK thing

Well, not to get in the way, but just because he said that once upon a time he would decline, doesn't mean he would now. As much as i'd like those extra votes lol (i am a potential right?) I still want hi mto be on it. He has been here for a while and stuck it through some real crap too.

Anyway, you should at least ask him how he feels first. I am sure he would accept now if he got in, but i could be wrong.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 20:31:53

At 1/24/05 03:40 AM, Alkador wrote: Good luck EK and all the other potentials. I shall be looking forward to the result, but I have a strong feeling it isn't my turn just yet. But we never know until we see.

Thanks, good luck to you too. Corrupt as many voters as you can :P
hehehe

At 1/24/05 06:23 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Redcircle
I propose leaving EKRegulus off the list, he said, he would reject an offer to be part of this list in one of his posts, so, i say get him off the list of potentials. But its your call.

I typed that I would decline an offer for the members' list (which will probably never happen anyway), NOT the regulars' list.

That wasnt an attack at you, you did say it, so to be fair to the other potentials, since you didnt want on the list, if we take you off, you dont get any votes, accidentally or otherwise.

...... *Read above please*

At 1/24/05 07:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Anyway, you should at least ask him how he feels first. I am sure he would accept now if he got in, but i could be wrong.

I declined it once but it was a very long while (5 months ago maybe) when the list started and mazza, marcus, ramagi, etc were not part of that list. It's a different situation now. During that period, I thought that I didn't deserve a spot but I might deserve one now, especially when you consider the fact that I finished twice in the top3 and that I browse this forum way too much. :D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 20:33:52

At 1/24/05 08:31 PM, EKRegulus wrote: long blah

I never received an offer to enter any list, keep that in mind guys :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 20:39:24

At 1/24/05 08:31 PM, EKRegulus wrote: I declined it once but it was a very long while (5 months ago maybe) when the list started and mazza, marcus, ramagi, etc were not part of that list. It's a different situation now. During that period, I thought that I didn't deserve a spot but I might deserve one now, especially when you consider the fact that I finished twice in the top3 and that I browse this forum way too much. :D

lol!

Ya, i think you deserve it for sure. You are on just as much as me and some people have been telling me i am on too much *cough*MARCUS*cough*...
Plus, you were so close last time. You are helpful sometimes that i have seen... so why not. I think you got it still... but you never know. It has gotten confusing lately.

I just hope Joe doesn't get it (no effence Joe, you're a good guy). It is just, he isn't Regular enough... i think.

I wonder what place i will get my first time being on the potential list. That is if i am on the list. I won't really know until the votes are posted i s'pose.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 20:41:35

At 1/24/05 08:33 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 1/24/05 08:31 PM, EKRegulus wrote: long blah
I never received an offer to enter any list, keep that in mind guys :)

You have to be offered?

I just started working on a list all on my own... oops. Well SK gave me the clearance and everything anyway. We will see how it goes. Won't have it ready until early Feb anyway. Working out how to us the NGLister as well as some kinks. : P

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 21:04:07

At 1/24/05 08:41 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: You have to be offered?

Offered, voted in, whatever. You know what I mean :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 22:00:32

At 1/24/05 09:04 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 1/24/05 08:41 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: You have to be offered?
Offered, voted in, whatever. You know what I mean :)

Oh, i misunderstood. I thought you meant create a list. My bad.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-24 22:44:33

Message understood EKR, sorry, i must have missinterpreted that, im kinda getting drunk again, sorry buddy. It wasnt a personal attack just one of those things. Now i know why certain people think you pissed them off.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 06:27:32

Page 27 reply (1/3)

At 1/21/05 08:33 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 1/21/05 08:19 PM, FLiXD wrote:
I honestly don't feel Joe will get it. I don't know, maybe just of reputation. I feel Alkador has a better chance.
I honestly don't understand your logic. The two main criteria for me when voting are 1) helpfulness and 2) regularity. Alkador meets the second one, but I certainly wouldn't say he's the top choice for #1. Going by this and previous elections, it seems that I may be the only one who feels this way....
I don't think Alkador would win... i never said that. lol. Everyone knows who i think is gonna win, there was like 10 posts on it. Anyway, i said Alkador has a better chance then Joe. As in i think he'll get more votes. I respect Joe, but he just isn't on as much as some would probably like to see. He's a cool guy though.

You have a similiar problem that I think everyone is having. Denvish tried to hint at it, but I don't think the message got through. He was trying to say two things. Before I go on about this, I want to clarify something. I'm not pointing this statement at anyone in particular. These thoughts are solely based on what you all are saying in your posts, opinions that you are sharing, and/or predictions that you are proclaiming.

#1. People aren't voting for the right reasons. You need to be active in the FORUM, and not just the Level Up Lounge to be a good candidate here. Most people in the Regulars List are two things, *helpful* and *regular*. Being regular but not helpful isn't what we are concerned with here. They aren't bad people or anything, but they aren't deserving a place on this list if they JUST chat. The requirements for this list don't stop on posting a lot in this forum, but extend to the quality and helpfulness of those posts.

I want you to look at something. It doesn't matter what time of day you are on, or what topics are currently on the front page of the Wi/Ht forum. Take a look at the topics here that are under 10 replies. They are mostly simple questions, and get answered by one or two users. Those users that are helping out other's are the ones I want on this list. Not some guy that posts in the LUL every other hour. See the difference?

#2. Denvish was talking about using the out-vote to get rid of "dead wood." Defining dead wood as people who are barely, or not participating at all in this forum. I consider three posts in a month not participating. You dig? I'm not about to get technical with "Well Mike, how many posts are considered participating?" ...Who knows? I'm sure we can all agree that if you post three times or less in an ENTIRE forum, then you would definitely not be regular, helpful, or even part of the community anymore.

Well, next time, drink some coffee first, because yoo're embarrassing yourself.

Myst_Williams, I'm sitting here trying to decide whether or not you need to think about something. It doesn't matter if someone is new, an admin, a veteran, or what...If they post intelligent information, or at least semi-intelligently, then you shouldn't go on the offensive. I agree that n00bs should be punished, especially those malicious ones, but when a user (doesn't matter who) has an opinion about something, and it makes sense, it's disheartening to see you make fun of that person, or judge them. I'm dissapointed that even though you didn't know who FLiXD was, you still felt the urge to look down upon him.

On the other hand, seeing someone who you don't know that expresses an opinion is definitely a unique situation, and I think to myself, if I was in your shoes, would I have done the same thing as you did. It's definitely hard to tell.

Anyway, I'm glad you are expressing your views on each matter that has been brought in here as well as most of the other threads' matters. Glad to have you here.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 06:29:04

Page 27 reply (2/3)

At 1/21/05 09:39 PM, EKRegulus wrote: He surely is a LUL regular but the main problem is that he can't be considered a helpful whereis/howto regular because he mostly posts/checks the LUL (I typed mostly, NOT always, anyone should remember that before replying).

Hence, the term LULite (trademarked by Denvish). No, it's not a bad thing, but those people aren't good candidates for this (or any) election. I really hope the Regulars know this. This is very important! Thanks for saying this EK. Respect points +10

The fact that he rarely checks the other threads (even if it's a question thread by a newcomer) makes thejoe and jonthomson better candidates. I think that he still needs to work on both criteria.

Just to end this. Jonthomson is already a Wi/Ht Member.

There should be another rule which RC can kick out someone that wasn't even close to be a regular during a period of 3-5 months.

See, if the Regulars were doing their duty, then I wouldn't need to interfere. With that said, I'm not going to make any decisions that the Regs can't already make themselves. If I see a situation in the future that requires me to step in, believe me, I'll be there before any of you.

I agree, it would be better if more people used their OUT vote.

Thank you!

I can understand why RC doesn't want to have torun elections that often, and I'm not trying to undermine him when I say that if I was running this list, I would have weekly or fortnightly elections, in order to keep it up to date.

Here is what we were talking about via e-mail. What most of you aren't realizing is ONE thing. ONE IMPORTANT THING. I'll get to that in a second.

Three times per week a voting process through email... that wouldn't be efficient and the rules would need to be changed (required minimum of votes to enter, very low amount of votes needed for a kick, voting process not through email... we would need to find a faster way to vote).

It would just get messy. Giving people like one or two days to vote would become extremely tiresome. I know that if I was a Reg and I got e-mail from someone requesting my time more than 8 times a month, I would become disinterested very quickly.

I give the Regs 5 days to make sure the potentials list is accurate. It's kind of a long time, but it gives them a chance (at their leisure) to look around, and see if they've missed anyone. It's a good amount of time.

I give the Regs 5 days to vote to make sure that they CAN. People go on trips and shit. Some people have to work all the time, and I really understand that. I give time, because I know that some might need it. Also, a good amount of time.

Then preparing the the potential list 3 times per month would be a pain in the ass and judging who's a regular wouldn't be as accurate than during a longer period.

Also true. People change, a LOT. You need a fair amount of time to determine of someone is just browsing excessively, or actually fits in with the community.

BTW, you are so damn active that I wouldn't be surprised that you would be able to do very prepared elections during a short period of time.

Ok, here is where I want to tell you the ONE IMPORTANT THING. I'm sure anybody could organize elections...fuck..like everyday, if they wanted to. I could. You could EK. The main reason for not having elections every week is summed up in one word.

Exclusivity.

As of right now, you all are interested. That's the point! I would hate for this election to become so run-of-the-mill that nobody cared. If the elections were more frequent, then two things would happen.

#1. The Regulars wouldn't feel as though they hold any notable status. They wouldn't take the time to view the forum for people who are deserving the title of Regular. They also wouldn't take the time to vote on who actually has put time into helping others out. It wouldn't be exciting.

#2. People who are part of this forum wouldn't care about being a Regular, because there would be no difficulty. I would think of the Regulars list turning into the "public pool" of the Wi/Ht forum. I'm sorry, but I can't let that happen.

Right now, it's pretty difficult to become a Regular. That's how I want it. Not near-impossible like the Member's list, but a good challenge, and stepping stone towards the Member's list.

At 1/21/05 09:59 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I fully agree with that. Or at least hold a vote entirely for retiring the guy who has not been active for the 3+ months.

Now you are thinking! I really like that idea, but of course, the Regulars can take care of that during the vote period, so it's a non-issue right now. Good idea though.

At 1/21/05 10:10 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: But I add a #3. Concern. Yes, concern, someone who is constantly stating their opinion about things that happen here is a good thing to have.

Kiba, that's the same thing as being helpful. All your other stuff made sense.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 06:30:08

Page 27 Reply (3/3)

At 1/21/05 10:31 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: That is why i also feel their should be a mandetory Out vote. Maybe i am wrong, but last voting i noticed Out voted tallied up to 2... which isnt even a quarter of the regulars list. ALL members should have to give one Out vote... because there will always be at least 1 person who isn't the 'regular' they should be.

The problem with that is it will get to the point where everyone in the Regulars List are very helpful and regular, and what then? People have to find the weakest link even though that person does a great service in the forum?

I'm gonna predict that this list will get very large at some point, but there will be a point in time, where a balance will occur. There will be enough people on the Regs list who are active, and some who are not, and they will get taken off. It will end up looking like there is a mandatory removal vote, but JUST in case that everyone is active, it won't have to be used.

At 1/22/05 11:08 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: I think that list the you just posted RC is a perfect way to show who is regular and who is not when a new vote is coming about.

Well, it does put things into perspective. I really don't think it's a good idea to do at every election.

That should be done everytime. In my opinion.

Ok...whoa... This list of posting habits WILL NOT be done every election. In fact, I may never do it again, and I would appreciate it if nobody makes a list similiar to it in the future, at least in this thread. The reason I made this list, as you can see above the list, are the words, "Dead wood." I never intended this list to show 'how much someone was regular' but quite the opposite, 'how much someone was IRREGULAR.' This list was in lieu of Bob's out-vote comments. I made the list and put it in everyone's face so they would know what I'm talking about when I say that some people need to be taken off the list. This is a one-time thing. If we ever have this problem in the future, I would rather show people this list, and let them know that during the previous month, nobody was taken off the list, and this list is PROOF that people should have been taken off the list.

Plus, I don't feel like spending 3 hours every month posting stats of people's BBS habits, for what? Nothing...really...

In my opinion, the RPG Club in the Clubs and Crews section had the most problems with their club once the focus switched to who had posted the most, least, average...etc. I think we should leave post-counts out of this. I don't care where you or anyone posts. As long as someone is in the Regulars List, they should make a presence. Otherwise, they'll be taken off the list.

End.

Maybe even do the same for the potentials as well. To show how 'regular' they are and then the voters can deside how helpful they are and even off their voting decision based on those two ideas.

Hey, if you wanna do 6 hours of digging, be my guest. I'm not going to do that. People in this forum are bright enough to know if someone is a one-post-wonder, or someone who they can count on being there and helping out.

At 1/22/05 11:10 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: P.S. How many pompous asshole points do i have? Maybe i can rack up a few more today?

At the moment, um....like a million? Damn...that's not believeable.

You have none, but if you want some, I'll show you the tricks ;)

At 1/22/05 11:26 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: it seems we Regs have alot of work to do, i hope the reg users understand what im saying here.

There ya go! It's not my list, and I can't help you guys, so you'll have to get it lookin purty yourselves!

Thanks for the intresting updatey thingymajig.

No problem Andy ^_^

Saves.

Blams?

At 1/22/05 02:24 PM, Inuzuka-Kiba wrote: Yeah, I went in added a percent column for easier glancing. ;D

I almost did that when I was creating the list, but after everything was said and done...it didn't matter.

Winner is -TRA- for majority of Wi/Ht posts vs. other posts. =D

Go Will <3

And thanks for liking my Gain suggestion. I'd be cool. ;-P

It's gonna be on there! You have my word.

At 1/22/05 08:57 PM, --delteated-- wrote:
At 1/22/05 02:24 PM, BonusStage wrote:
Posting stats
I personally don't think that to be a regular here, the majority of your posts have to be in this forum (which was the inference I got from your post). One of the nice things about this forum is that it's slow moving, so sometimes there's not that much to say here without being spammy or overly chatty. So, just because someone has 50% of their posts in here, doesn't necessarily make them a better reg than someone who only has 20% here (especially if they have a larger number of posts overall...)

I'd like to add that if anyone feels like they need a larger percentage to be "more regular", then they are fucking wrong. Tell me how you can be "more regular" anyway? Hahaha...it's like:

Don: "I'm here!"
Chris: "Fuck you, I'm 'more' here..."

Everybody seems to be trying to get in their two pence - and that was mine!

Well, I guess I'm giving my threepence. I don't even know what a "pence" is, but I'm sure that if I'm giving it, I'm not getitng any richer *wink*

At 1/23/05 02:47 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 1/23/05 02:42 PM, -TRA- wrote: But I thought somebody mentioned my name and said that they would vote me out...?
I mentioned your name, because you arent a regular, which is sad, however, your not the worst by anymeans.

It is sad. RC is sad. SCD is sad ;_;

I guess the only remedy is for Will to post more....oh and GET MORE POINTS MAN....Hahahahaha....

Goodnight all, and RC <3's j00

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 07:39:39

Heh, it's sooooooo tempting to wait a couple of weeks then chuck in another 'controversial' post under a different alt, just to keep myst confused... =)))

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 07:41:37

At 1/25/05 07:39 AM, Denvish wrote: Heh, it's sooooooo tempting to wait a couple of weeks then chuck in another 'controversial' post under a different alt, just to keep myst confused... =)))

Thats terrible Bob, you damn controversy starter man, yeah whatever, dont mind me. But you brought up a few points which really needed RC to address them and now that hes done it, hopefully some of the newer people will feel better and stop posting so fucking much.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-25 08:41:32

At 1/24/05 10:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: i misunderstood
At 1/24/05 10:44 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: missinterpreted

I r teh king of confusion :D
Yeah, well, there is no need to respond to misinterpreted stuff because now, you guys know what I meant.

At 1/25/05 06:29 AM, RedCircle wrote: EK. Respect points +10

Are they pts that I lost in the past or new ones? :D

Just to end this. Jonthomson is already a Wi/Ht Member.

yeah, gfox reminded me that this week-end. I always forget that.

blah blah about the voting process

I learned something! :O I didn't know how it was exactly happening because I didn't check the dates carefully (I didn't need to).

The main reason for not having elections every week is summed up in one word.
Exclusivity.

Isn't that something that you mentionned in the past? I can't believe that we forgot about it. Isn't repeating yourself fun? :D

I'm sorry, but I can't let that happen.

We figured that out. You are right, it seems to be a bad idea.

The only way to keep it exclusive while doing a few voting processes per month would be to increase the required minimum votes to 90-95% of the voters then it would be almost impossible to get in but forget about it. I'm developping a bad idea :O

Right now, it's pretty difficult to become a Regular. That's how I want it. Not near-impossible like the Member's list, but a good challenge, and stepping stone towards the Member's list.

I wonder if someone was already challenged.
<Irony>

At 1/25/05 06:30 AM, RedCircle wrote: RC <3's j00

RedCircle's confession: He's Piconjo! :O
RedCircle pwns j00!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 00:36:02

Attention

The Wi/Ht Regulars should check their e-mail now. Please begin voting!

You have until Jan 31st at 11:59pm (NG time) to cast your votes. Please send me the votes via e-mail, and do not discuss your votes until Feb 1st when I post the winner and all 5 lists.

Thank you =D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 00:39:41

It would suck to be booted from the regulars just because of school... meh.. anyway, my english book is 3,000 pages long. And that's just one class. I did my voting this time.. w00t. It's getting late.. school maybe tommorrow.. maybe not because of more snow. I hate snow, snow is evil.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 03:47:33

At 1/26/05 12:36 AM, RedCircle wrote: winner

Winner sounds like a slightly_strange_name to give to a potential. Just note to change that (in my opinion), due to the fact you're making it sound like a race and a competition.

Thank you =D

That's alright, no problems. =P Anyway, that's all I wanted to suggest to you.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 10:48:25

At 1/25/05 06:27 AM, RedCircle wrote: #1. People aren't voting for the right reasons. You need to be active in the FORUM, and not just the Level Up Lounge to be a good candidate here. ...

Yup, fully agree. ^_^ I understand fully what you are saying.

I want you to look at something. It doesn't matter what time of day you are on, or what topics are currently on the front page of the Wi/Ht forum. ... Not some guy that posts in the LUL every other hour. See the difference?

Am i ever glad i have been doing that the last week or so. The first week or two i was just trying to figure out what eac hthread was, the last week i must have helped 8 or 9 people. ^_^

#2. Denvish was talking about using the out-vote to get rid of "dead wood." Defining dead wood as people who are barely, or not participating at all in this forum. I consider three posts in a month not participating. You dig?

I gotcha. I understand fully now, alot of things were taken out of context i think.

Myst_Williams, I'm sitting here trying to decide whether or not you need to think about something. It doesn't matter if someone is new, an admin, a veteran, or what...If they post intelligent information, or at least semi-intelligently, then you shouldn't go on the offensive.

I just wanted to state, that just because i didn't know who it was, did not change my decision on how to reply to that topic. When i read it, i think i read it the wrong way. As i read through it, i felt as if the person was making subtle direct attacks (not at me, but to others) and i almost had a query to defend them and make sure that even though what they were saying may have been productive or intelligent, that they were approaching it in the wrong way. That last comment i made was sarcasm then rudeness, i apologize for taking it the wrng way, i way trying to say in a sarcastic way, 'think before you speak'... because i felt that he could have approached it more abroad and less angered.
Further discussing it and re-reading it afterwords, i understand where we both went wrong. I did not help the matter with the discussion, but looking back, i think it turned out for the best.

I agree that n00bs should be punished,..

Ya, like i said, it had nothing to do with who i thought, or didn't think it was. I really don't know al lthe members quite yet, so iwouldn't be dumb enough to just attack someone for no reason because I havn;t seen him before. And like i also said, i didn;t mean for it to be an attack. ^_^

On the other hand, seeing someone who you don't know that expresses an opinion is definitely a unique situation, and I think to myself, if I was in your shoes, would I have done the same thing as you did. It's definitely hard to tell.

Well, i do thank you for trying to see it from that perspective, because in your shoes i would have assumed the same... i was just attacking a noob. But, it was that at all.

Anyway, I'm glad you are expressing your views on each matter that has been brought in here as well as most of the other threads' matters. Glad to have you here.

Well thanks, i appreciate you replying to the topic like this.

At 1/25/05 06:29 AM, RedCircle wrote: Right now, it's pretty difficult to become a Regular. That's how I want it. Not near-impossible like the Member's list, but a good challenge, and stepping stone towards the Member's list.

That is exactly how i think it is seen. Or at least to newcomers like myself. ^_^

Now you are thinking! I really like that idea, but of course, the Regulars can take care of that during the vote period, so it's a non-issue right now. Good idea though.

Thanks.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 10:59:09

At 1/25/05 06:30 AM, RedCircle wrote: The problem with that is it will get to the point where everyone in the Regulars List are very helpful and regular, and what then? People have to find the weakest link even though that person does a great service in the forum?

True, but also, people wll eventually die off. Whether it be to age, job, priorities. With time, we will all be leaving and handing this place down to someone else. However, i do understand that it might make a big list until that happens... so i understand where you are coming from.

Well, it does put things into perspective. I really don't think it's a good idea to do at every election.

Well i thought so, simply because it shows those who are not posting at all. However, thinking about it, if you are one of the regulars, it will be obvious to you who is, or is not living up to the lists persective.

Ok...whoa... This list of posting habits WILL NOT be done every election. In fact, I may never do it again, and I would appreciate it if nobody makes a list similiar to it in the future, at least in this thread. The reason I made this list, as you can see above the list, are the words, "Dead wood." I never intended this list to show 'how much someone was regular' but quite the opposite, 'how much someone was IRREGULAR.'

Well, obviously, that is how we al ltook it. To express who is irregular and not regular. And no need to go all bold on me lol... the reply just above on one of my last comment was enough to put it into perspective for me, Plus, i didn't realize it took 6 hours or whatever it was. So i am not sure if the bold means you are angry or yelling, or what, but there is no need to get worked up.

This list was in lieu of Bob's out-vote comments. I made the list and put it in ...

Yes, i undeerstand, that is was one of those extreme times when the list was obviously needed to put into perspective some of the discussions.

Plus, I don't feel like spending 3 hours every month posting stats of people's BBS habits, for what? Nothing...really...

Well ,to put in to people face who is so irregular, but if you are regular, then you wouldn't need the list. It was just helpful for me, because i still don't know everybody and when i said that i was thinking from my shoes not from those who are already on the list. I should have thought like a voter and not a newcomer when saying that. ^_^

At 1/22/05 11:10 AM, Myst_Williams wrote: P.S. How many pompous asshole points do i have? Maybe i can rack up a few more today?
At the moment, um....like a million? Damn...that's not believeable.

Ouch!

You have none, but if you want some, I'll show you the tricks ;)

lol, oh. Well we can discuss this futher over drink ; ) I mean... well, forget i said that.

(ignore the many typos.)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-26 12:26:00

At 1/25/05 06:30 AM, RedCircle wrote: I guess the only remedy is for Will to post more....oh and GET MORE POINTS MAN....Hahahahaha....

Heh, yeah, like that's ever going to happen... *sniggers*

Goodnight all, and RC <3's j00

<3 you too Mikey.

Help, I'm trapped inside this guy's signature!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-27 01:17:33

At 1/26/05 12:36 AM, RedCircle wrote: Feb 1st when I post the winner and all 5 lists.

Great :) Finally, we can see who are the audio mods. (I rarely check the audio forum so I don't know if there is a public list similar to the one on the BBS.)

At 1/26/05 12:39 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: It would suck to be booted from the regulars just because of school... meh

That won't happen. You are far from being inactive.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-27 01:21:11

At 1/27/05 01:17 AM, EKRegulus wrote:

I rarely check the audio forum

I meant audio portal...

Last time I checked, I wanted to see how sexy was the new a-bot :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-01-27 14:10:01

At 1/27/05 01:17 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 1/26/05 12:39 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: It would suck to be booted from the regulars just because of school... meh
That won't happen. You are far from being inactive.

Ya, compared to others. I have school too and i manage to help out a few people a week and post about 20 times a day (not just here, but everywhere i am involved.) You can do the same no prob. I probably post more then i need to. ^_^

At 1/27/05 01:21 AM, EKRegulus wrote: Last time I checked, I wanted to see how sexy was the new a-bot :)

Lol, same as me. When they made that announcement a while back.