00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duspay98 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Back from 'Nam

7,541 Views | 72 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 19:18:48

At 10/10/01 08:20 AM, fourchinnigan wrote: Welcome back, sucka.
I think the Anthrax scare is nothing. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with terrorists.

Your right, even though it may not have anything to do with terrorist, Anthrax are found mostly in animals, mainly sheeps and goats. Despite the fact that there are inhialation Anthrax, there are other ways this disease can be transferred, if you know what I mean, and I don't mean it as a joke. It could of happened that way.

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 19:28:11

At 10/10/01 08:36 AM, XGhaleonX2 wrote:
Surprisingly, however, they didn't take notice to the two aerosal cans of bug repellent that were in my schoolbag - which was carry-on luggage. I thought that would be an issue, but it slipped right by.

Surprising, an aerosal can and a lighter make a good hijacking weapon...
Hey im first to respond!

Surprisingly, aerosol can containing gas are instantly bombs themselves in cargo compartments, compressed gas can explode by the trigger of air pressure when an airplane reaches a certain altitude. I know because that's how my deordorant was consfiscated. I, however, am not denying that it could be used as a flame thrower.

Only I can make blue whales cry.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 20:10:45

Your deodrant comes in a can? What the hell?

Welcome back Tom.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 20:36:04

At 10/10/01 08:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: Hey everyone! I got back from Vietnam yesterday morning at 7:30am, ...

Tom:

I don't know which is scarier, the fact that you are so certain about the history of the Viet Nam War after your brief visit, or the other guy who found your surface account so educational. Did it ever occur to you that just maybe the damage you saw at the historic place was done by NVA troops rather than US?

Before you change your mind about Fonda, I recommend that you actually do some research. You might learn something.

Caio

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 20:58:22

our trip was good tom missed ya

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 21:06:04

I usually never write replies to your messages Tom but I saw those cool pictures and I had to tell you what a good decision you made to buy them. I bet you've made an investment in those pictures, they're just going to be more and more valuable.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 21:55:18

I need to rethink my whole stance on Jane Fonda now. :)

Fuck Jane Fonda, she is a bitch that deserves to be executed for treason.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 22:26:01

:The flight to LA was 12 hours, and I had a nine hour lay-over in LA... Thank god for Advanced Wars and my Gameboy Advanced. I would have died without it. I also finished reading Timequake, by Kurt Vonnegut. Good book.

lol just like me ;)

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 22:48:11

At 10/10/01 09:20 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/10/01 08:54 AM, EntropicOrder wrote: Did anyone else actually see the FOX broadcast of Diplomacy?

-Gah, I don't have cable....

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 22:50:37

What is the deal with this login cookie, It ain't autoentering my pass, but it is keeping the name...

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 23:32:26

Wow dude those paintings are sweet which is weird because i bought some paintings today. Creepy eh?

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-10 23:56:32

At 10/10/01 04:31 PM, Pants01 wrote: It's good to have you back Tom. The 'Nam sounds like a really cool place to visit. Have you seen my Anti-Clock movie yet? I think you'll enjoy it...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=33633

I LOVED IT! The maniacal laughing at the end was the best part... I have to admit I have gotten a lot of good laughs from this whole Clock situation.

The quality of your work is really good - you need to keep making more! :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-11 00:03:11

At 10/10/01 09:55 PM, LaserBeamBandit wrote:
I need to rethink my whole stance on Jane Fonda now. :)

Fuck Jane Fonda, she is a bitch that deserves to be executed for treason.

I admit that I still agree with that statement... Just to clarify. I was being partly silly when I said that, although I have definitely learned a lot more about the Vietnam war and am questioning why our government sent troops there in the first place.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-11 00:14:33

At 10/10/01 11:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: The quality of your work is really good - you need to keep making more! :)

-Tom

Just you wait, I got one coming that's going to be a blockbuster.

Back from 'Nam

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-11 02:13:44

I missed the FoxNews report. Waaah! I'll try to get them to send me a copy.
I've been getting a zillion more emails and hits since the broadcast. I logged on to AOL and 50 IM windows went "zing, zing, zing!" So sorry to anyone who thought I was snubbing them.
But the emails are great and if you have questions they will be answered... eventually.
-mike

Back from 'Nam

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-11 12:48:54

At 10/10/01 08:08 AM, TomFulp wrote:

This is a little off subject but i wanted someones opinion on this. WE plastic wrapped my bosses car a t work, and he laughed at it, no biggie. another brownnoser at work decided to be nice and 'help him' meaning she took all of it off for him. so we plastic wrapped her car, she whined to a manager and got my ass in trouble.What can i do for revenge?

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-11 14:18:25

What do you think of this Anthrax scare?!

I always preffered Pantera myself...

But seriously, welcome to the world America. Terrorism is officially a global threat now, I just hope we don't trade our rights for what Bush is calling "justice"

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-12 00:46:11

I saw Tom Fulp getting off the El at 34th Street station as I was getting on. Vietnam.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-12 02:36:12

I just wonder if what everyone keeps saying that WE are the bullies not them is true, sounds like hogwash, considering.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-12 07:18:05

Hey, Tom

How was Hong Kong?

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-12 08:21:46

Hey Tom,

I'm glad that your trip to Vietnam was a memorable one. I notice you didn't elaborate on what you and your girlfriend did while you were there ;)

You don't know me, as I just signed up, but my friend MagmaDragoon (John) does, and he says that you were cool. So he shot me a link to the page where your posts were on, and I read and enjoyed the description of your trip.

As for the Anthrax scare, I don't think we should really worry since the disease can't be transmitted from person to person, so any exposure would be very concentrated. However, the FBI now tells us to brace for another attack on U.S. soil; now this scares me ... Saying that invokes panic, something I'm sure the government would NOT want to do, so for them TO do it means that they must know something that we don't. Now we wait, and see if indeed there is another terrorist attack. If there is, and it results in mass loss of life, I do think that there would be a state of panic. Remember the movie "Siege" with Denzel Washington? Ironically, the movie is about arabic terrorism in NYC. After multiple terrorist attacks, all Arab Americans were put into "detention centers" .. don't be surprised if that happens in real life. If that does happen, then the REAL hell will break loose for no doubt they won't go peacefully, and there will be other americans who would violently protest to the point that there might be a armed conflict between American protestors and the Military. People say that this is highly unlikely, but please remember that during WWII, Japanese Americans were put into concentration camps and were treated horribly. It is kind of odd that this was never discussed, and quietly swept under the carpet. Maybe because the government violated their constitutional freedom, a freedom that we supposed to hold so dear?

Too many words on the first post, so I apologize

Benjamin

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-12 08:29:48

I have no idea who this guy is :) hehe Tom and Wade are both the shit. Glad you finally came to this site 2 years ater I did you dumb fuck I told you it was good.

Back from 'Nam

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-13 00:41:45

I saw Diplomacy on Fox News Channel, it was mad crazy silly gumby phat!

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-13 08:45:36

Sounds like you had a really cool week! Same 'ol craziness here, by now you're up to date...
as for the anthrax scare, I doubt it will be a wide spread epidemic. Precautions are allready in place...

Back from 'Nam

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-13 09:08:20

Hey that was an interesting leter u posted if u really liked that trip u should goto Beijing China. it is about the same but u can get a round trip to the great wall and back for bout 5 $ American. and CDs games or music are 1.50$. well i just thought u would like to know in case u wanted to do an other trip, maybe w/ ur girlfriend

later
Ben665

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-13 21:19:10

Stuff was even cheaper there, and I met an artist

:who I REALLY liked, so I bought 7 of his oil
:paintings for $80. These are big, awesome
:paintings... $80. People there always negotiate

prices, but I didn't want to - this guy deserved

:every penny! I will take pictures of some of his
:paintings and put them on the site later.

Thoese are some of the nicest oill painting I have seen. Awesome work, make sure you tell your girlfriend to tell that guy "Awesome work." Also think she can hook me up with a drawing from over there. Let me know. Thanks.

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-15 04:09:14

Ummm.....ALL YOUR BBS MOST RECENT POST ARE BELONG TO ME!
*sorry, just bored and out of ideas :-)*

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-15 20:47:47

Welcome back tom.

Back from 'Nam

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-16 03:46:27

Hey Tom,

If you were angry at Jane Fonda before, you should stay angry. Many Americans don't know what really happened over there.
When Jane Fonda went to visit Vietnam, the Viet Cong knew she had sympathy for them. They invited her to see the infamous Hanoi Hilton. It was a horrible prison for many unfortunate American soldiers; where they were starved and beaten to within inches of their lives. The officers who ran the camp set up her visit as a kind of photo op. She was going to shake hands with the prisoners, and tell them how wrong they were. Of course, the soldiers were cleaned and fed before she arrived.
Some of the soldiers(four, I think) passed Jane Fonda notes with their social security numbers on them, hoping she would deliver the messages to military intelligence back home. She was after all an "American". To the soldiers' horror, she gave the notes to the Vietnamese comandant. After Jane left, three of those soldiers were executed. This is a true story and can be verified by some of the surviving prisoners of the Hanoi Hilton. I hope this helps you in your reanalysis of Miss Fonda.
Sincerely,
Knowses

Response to Back from 'Nam 2001-10-17 01:57:57

At 10/13/01 08:45 AM, ArchonPrime wrote:

I doubt it will be a wide spread epidemic. Precautions are allready in place...

---
I wish I could get vaccinated anyway.