00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

supahVEVO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More

19,525 Views | 78 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 04:50:46

when the theme released, imma try and make actual games, because the other ones (which got blammed) so imma make a platformer or somethin else, (I know this information is useless but come on, the other ones were not good so yeah,

useless reply to the post, look what im saying is that the reply is useless ok?)

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 05:16:40

At 6/29/21 02:51 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 6/27/21 05:29 PM, RobC3 wrote: I especially like the Endless Handbag remix.
That is kind of you to say; thank you so much! đź’–

It really is a great remix of that classic tune.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 06:31:27

At 6/28/21 09:54 PM, justaswarmofbees wrote: dumb question, but can we use web-based programs like scratch? i ain't too experienced in stuff like unity, sadly, and i don't know how to do anything in any professional programming languages

You can use any tool you like! I also recommend checking out Construct, which is really powerful and has some Scratch-like drag and drop tools. It requires a subscription to get the full features but is worth taking a look!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 11:30:33

GAM JAM LET'S GOOOOOOO. Btw, to opt to the jam prizes, does the game need to be original material too? (assuming the theme isn't some series/games/characters)

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 17:15:04

At 6/29/21 01:24 PM, kruno5gaming wrote: Lalala, summer jam

2000 is better one so have a listen

That is an nice tune, but it can't compete with the original Endless handbag loop.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-29 19:48:15

cool

Satire

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-30 09:19:39

Dear Mr Fulp,

I heard that you wanted to host a game in July but i will not be able to play it because i will be in camp but in August i will

Yours faithfully

Mitsos

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-30 11:40:33

i'm excited to see who's gonna win this

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-30 12:12:08

Always willing to lend a hand in case anyone needs voices for their entry. Hit me up and we can do some good work together!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-06-30 20:13:53

A Game Jam with prizes, how freaking cool!

Check out our first project's release! https://ultimatehum.bandcamp.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-01 09:59:08

I'm pretty excited about this!

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-01 13:36:25

I get back from vacation on the 18th, so I can help out with Unity/programming if anyone wishes for me to join them. If you can dream it, we can probably do it. 2D or 3D is fine. I'm Unity certified and continue to build/create. Let me know in the DMs if you want to work together or need help!

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-01 15:18:15

I'd really love to partake but I have no idea where I'd even start, or how

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-01 19:28:53

question, will people under 18 get to compete as well?

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-02 05:24:45

At 6/30/21 08:13 PM, TheUltimateHum wrote: A Game Jam with prizes, how freaking cool!

The prizes make it even more exciting. Who will win first place?

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-02 12:27:28

AWESOME!

When does the game jam starts? Is it at 00:00? Which timezone? :)

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-02 12:55:38

At 7/1/21 07:28 PM, Atlastic8 wrote: question, will people under 18 get to compete as well?

You can compete but should have permission from a parent or guardian, in particular before receiving a prize.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-02 13:03:23

roger that.

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-02 17:31:30

Neat! I don't expect to win anything, but I'll chip in lol.

visit Knockout Forums! please i am lonely

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-03 14:41:46

At 6/27/21 03:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Heads up, @Figburn will be hosting a game jam here on NG in July!

The jam theme will be announced on Friday, July 16th. Games can be made with any tools but will have to work in a web browser and be uploaded to NG by the deadline: Sunday, July 25th.

To spice things up, we're crowdfunding prize money.

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam!

Current Sponsors:

@AnonymousAlchemist - $200
@OmarShehata - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@Voxiverian - $100
@The-EXP - $100
@D-Sun - $100
@53xy83457 - $50
@NastyOldWizard - $31
@ConnorGrail - $30
@pixelturkey - $30
@Iggykoop - $25
Anonymous NG Fan - $500
NG - $250

Current Prizes:

1st - $700
2nd - $500
3rd - $300
4th - $200
5th - $91

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Other News

Today is the deadline for our Stay Awake Jam! Winners will be announced this Friday, July 2nd, along with the theme for Round 2 of our Summer Animation Jams.

Big thanks to @Stanpai for organizing the NG Summer Festival this weekend! There is still time to check out some panels today, go check it out.

Winners of our Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam were announced last week.

The Art Inspired Music Contest Fan Voting is now in progress.

NG Audio Deathmatch Auditions are also now in progress.

Give this a listen!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1048799

If you aren’t familiar with Endless Handbag, a loop from this song played on the NG front page in 1998 and has always been a big part of NG’s identity. It’s really cool to hear a rock opera take on it, makes you wonder what a Newgrounds rock opera would be like.

Remember, you can go to the Audio Portal and click any song thumbnail to listen to them all back-to-back, playlist style. Listen in the background while you work and you’ll discover all sorts of great artists!

Can't wait to play the new games!

- Kabo

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-05 02:15:56

At 7/2/21 05:31 PM, maksut wrote: Neat! I don't expect to win anything, but I'll chip in lol.

that is the spirit. Go for it and see what happens.

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-05 03:16:16

if you are a programmer hit me up, i'm an artist looking up to work on anything

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-09 10:46:02

At 6/28/21 09:54 PM, justaswarmofbees wrote:
At 6/27/21 03:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Heads up, @Figburn will be hosting a game jam here on NG in July!

The jam theme will be announced on Friday, July 16th. Games can be made with any tools but will have to work in a web browser and be uploaded to NG by the deadline: Sunday, July 25th.

To spice things up, we're crowdfunding prize money.

If you’d like to chip in, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up that you donated towards the Game Jam!

Current Sponsors:

@AnonymousAlchemist - $200
@summerskoo - $175
@53xy83457 - $50
@Iggykoop - $25
NG - $250

Current Prizes:

1st - $400
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

Entries will also be eligible for our monthly awards for best games based on original material. The #1 game of July will win $200, with $100 each for 2nd and 3rd.

Other News

Today is the deadline for our Stay Awake Jam! Winners will be announced this Friday, July 2nd, along with the theme for Round 2 of our Summer Animation Jams.

Big thanks to @Stanpai for organizing the NG Summer Festival this weekend! There is still time to check out some panels today, go check it out.

Winners of our Friday Night Funkin’ Animation Jam were announced last week.

The Art Inspired Music Contest Fan Voting is now in progress.

NG Audio Deathmatch Auditions are also now in progress.

Give this a listen!

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1048799

If you aren’t familiar with Endless Handbag, a loop from this song played on the NG front page in 1998 and has always been a big part of NG’s identity. It’s really cool to hear a rock opera take on it, makes you wonder what a Newgrounds rock opera would be like.

Remember, you can go to the Audio Portal and click any song thumbnail to listen to them all back-to-back, playlist style. Listen in the background while you work and you’ll discover all sorts of great artists!
dumb question, but can we use web-based programs like scratch? i ain't too experienced in stuff like unity, sadly, and i don't know how to do anything in any professional programming languages

If you can export it to Flash or HTML5 and get it working on Newgrounds, fair game.

Sure I could participate, but I don’t really have any programming experience, nor do I have time to learn them, so I might have to partner with someone who does.

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-09 17:54:30

Hi, uh, I was wondering if it’s ok if the game doesn’t fit the theme. I know it hasn’t been announced yet, but I’ve been working on a game before this and it probably won’t fit the theme. Thanks.

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-09 19:55:38

At 7/9/21 05:54 PM, MrMcPotatoMan wrote: Hi, uh, I was wondering if it’s ok if the game doesn’t fit the theme. I know it hasn’t been announced yet, but I’ve been working on a game before this and it probably won’t fit the theme. Thanks.

Isn't the point of a jam that a game must be made during the given time period?

I don't see any rules posted, anybody know what they are?

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-10 04:10:19

Ah, ok, thanks.

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-10 08:33:00

At 7/9/21 05:54 PM, MrMcPotatoMan wrote: Hi, uh, I was wondering if it’s ok if the game doesn’t fit the theme. I know it hasn’t been announced yet, but I’ve been working on a game before this and it probably won’t fit the theme. Thanks.

Sorry but jam games should be made during the jam period and should fit the jam theme. General games are eligible for our monthly prize, though!

BBS Signature

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-10 13:37:35

At 7/10/21 08:33 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Sorry but jam games should be made during the jam period and should fit the jam theme. General games are eligible for our monthly prize, though!

Ah, understandable. Thanks!

Response to Game Jam Fundraising, Summer Jams and More 2021-07-11 12:52:00

Dammit