00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FNF Week 7 Battle

300,702 Views | 180 Replies
Respond to this Topic

So uh… How’s everyone doing?

As many of you know, Week 7 of Friday Night Funkin’ launched exclusively on NG Sunday night and we weren’t able to handle the millions of people all trying to load it at the same time, in addition to the ddos attacks and other mischief that come with trending on Twitter and being in the spotlight in general. 

Sunday was also the launch of the Friday Night Funkin’ Kickstarter! The Funkin’ crew are raising funds for a full release and it’s gonna be NUTS. These guys have been working around the clock for months to entertain everyone; it’s time to support them on the road ahead.

Unfortunately on our end, we’ve disabled FNF while we work to increase capacity and prepare for another go at Week 7. More and more of that potential traffic is bleeding off to sites that steal games from NG but we still want to build our capacity, so that NG is more capable now and in the future.

If you’ve ever considered becoming a Supporter, this would be a great time! You can pay as little as $3 per month or $25 for the year. At the least we need hundreds of additional supporters asap and it’s ideal if you can stick around as a recurring subscriber.

Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.

Tuesday Night Update:

Week 7 is live, we'll see how things go. Will be increasing capacity tomorrow as well.

The tankmen site skin is by @MD00dles!

Thursday Update:

NG has been running fine so far today and we have additional hardware coming to make things extra-fine.

Yesterday Friday Night Funkin' had 1.2 million plays, a new single day record for anything on the site.

Yesterday NG had 30,000 sign-ups, a new single day record for the site, we think.

Hope everyone is having a good time here!

Other News

REDDER is now up and running without Flash, thanks to today’s Ruffle update!

Don’t miss the latest edition of The Tank Tribune and check out the Best of March.

Pico Day is May 1st, with over $7k in prizes!

More news soon, hopefully good news!

Alternate anime analogy:

iu_283387_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:26:22

Oh... That sucks

GL on fixing the servers!

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:27:24

Any news on the funkinjam winners?

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:31:53

At 4/20/21 10:27 AM, sangury wrote: Any news on the funkinjam winners?

Sorry this has dragged out so long, no ETA yet but with Week 7 wrapping up it should be getting on track.

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:36:26

The FNF team better apologize for what they did!

joke :)

Obama fan

Commissions are open, click banner to commission me !!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:37:01

At 4/20/21 10:31 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Sorry this has dragged out so long, no ETA yet but with Week 7 wrapping up it should be getting on track.

I've had to get an UptimeRobot monitor to check the NG entry every once in a while... hopefully it stops giving a 503

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:38:45

Jesus that's mad, good luck to the guys on their kickstarter tho, it's not my kinda game but I really think they've been updating and handling it in the best way possible

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:39:16

Had been meaning to start supporting for a while now, I guess now's better than any other time to. Good luck with the servers and the ongoing spotlight the site's been getting, haha

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:42:44

Attention all Newgrounders! Newgrounds is going to be defeated by Friday Night Funkin Week 7 and Tankmen needs your help! All he needs is your credit card number, the 3 digits on the back and the expiration month and year! But be quick, Newgrounds may fall again without you.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:43:17

if FNF is THAT popular I may as well play it next time the game is available

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:47:46

At 4/20/21 10:42 AM, MilhSpears wrote: Attention all Newgrounders! Newgrounds is going to be defeated by Friday Night Funkin Week 7 and Tankmen needs your help! All he needs is your credit card number, the 3 digits on the back and the expiration month and year! But be quick, Newgrounds may fall again without you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok

6969-cock-42020

9/10/21

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:49:51

They already announced it, just look up funkinjam and you'll see the results

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:51:46

I have been giving out some random one month supporter to people to help out, and also I have been creative, in a bad way, with pumping out some memes.

Here's a great simulator for example.

But yeah, thanks for all your hard work Tom! I will keep suppporting Newgrounds, and randomly gifting subs.

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:54:19

At 4/20/21 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: So uh… How’s everyone doing?

As many of you know, Week 7 of Friday Night Funkin’ launched exclusively on NG Sunday night and we weren’t able to handle the millions of people all trying to load it at the same time, in addition to the ddos attacks and other mischief that come with trending on Twitter and being in the spotlight in general. 

Sunday was also the launch of the Friday Night Funkin’ Kickstarter! The Funkin’ crew are raising funds for a full release and it’s gonna be NUTS. These guys have been working around the clock for months to entertain everyone; it’s time to support them on the road ahead.

Unfortunately on our end, we’ve disabled FNF while we work to increase capacity and prepare for another go at Week 7. More and more of that potential traffic is bleeding off to sites that steal games from NG but we still want to build our capacity, so that NG is more capable now and in the future.

If you’ve ever considered becoming a Supporter, this would be a great time! You can pay as little as $3 per month or $25 for the year. At the least we need hundreds of additional supporters asap and it’s ideal if you can stick around as a recurring subscriber.

Picture this as a big anime battle, where Newgrounds is bloody and on its knees in the face of FNF Week 7. As Newgrounds looks up, determined, a montage with dramatic music plays, showing how much Newgrounds has accomplished over 26 years and how much was taken from it, as Newgrounds charges up to unveil a new level of power never before seen.

Other News

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529992

Don’t miss the latest edition of The Tank Tribune and check out the Best of March.

I will always be a supporter mr fulp

we do a little trollin

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:56:10

At 4/20/21 10:42 AM, MilhSpears wrote: Attention all Newgrounders! Newgrounds is going to be defeated by Friday Night Funkin Week 7 and Tankmen needs your help! All he needs is your credit card number, the 3 digits on the back and the expiration month and year! But be quick, Newgrounds may fall again without you.

OMG I've become VoiceoverPete... I should have made a video.

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 10:58:00

Take all the time you guys need I can wait for as long as needed

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:04:40

you should've pulled the plug while you still could Tom

D

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:07:47

Ooh, Redder works again. That's a good chance to play that game again.

I'm glad I became a Diamond-tier Ruffle supporter!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:07:55

At 4/20/21 11:06 AM, Biteki wrote: Seriously crazy how this essentially became a much bigger [S] Cascade event, Newgrounds feels like it's certainly back on it's feet.

Yeah, it just fell THAT quickly. I didn't even know NG could fall that quickly!!

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:08:50

you're right, this does feel like dragonballz...

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:18:56

helo oh that is bad

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:20:27

history repeats itself...

iu_283141_7068660.png

im so sweaty

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:21:55

thanks, very great cool

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:42:44

LETS FUNKINNNN GOOOOOOOO

yo mama sucks dick

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:52:00

Tom... can we get waterproof and glow-in-the-dark servers...?

T-Those are nice (??????????????

Do you like my art? Why don't you support me on KO-FI

I'm also taking commissions! Please check out my prices HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:57:42

NM said on Twitter that they'll look at the winners once they finish week 7

They should be looking at the entries in the next few days

Do you like my art? Why don't you support me on KO-FI

I'm also taking commissions! Please check out my prices HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 11:58:12 (edited 2021-04-20 11:58:32)

Let's hope the second try goes well!

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 12:12:26

Too many people posting in this thread without a supporter status. I hope you guys change your minds. (Or your parents minds!)

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 12:28:03

At 4/20/21 10:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: So uh… How’s everyone doing?

Other News

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/529992

Tom Thanks for making newgrounds part of my childhood!

Ultimate Cassandra simp

BBS Signature

Response to FNF Week 7 Battle 2021-04-20 12:40:00

I mean a whole site crash was insane honestly but hey more people on ng isn't a bad thing so lose some win some kinda