00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GingaSnappd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico's School

100,717 Views | 196 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 13:37:10

This is the apex of comedic genius.

im so sweaty

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 13:38:31 (edited 2021-04-01 13:46:25)

Tom, you absolute legend! It's gonna take a lot to top an april fools joke like that one for me now!

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 13:42:12

At 4/1/21 01:35 PM, slimhoagie wrote: Awesome!! This is so wholesome! I love Friday Night Funkin' and was so upset when I found out Pico's problematic origins. I'm glad you can move on from Newgrounds's edgy past and really grow as a person, Tom. Maybe Egoraptor will come back now!
I do have one gripe with this however - that being the ending. Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but Pico and Boyfriend seem kind of judgemental towards furries?? I do hope this isn't the case, as being a gay furry myself, it would sour an otherwise perfect game for me... Looking forward to the next update to address this!

You are right, Pico and boyfriend did come off a bit judgmental. I think in reality they weren't ready for the knowledge that an alien being would want to visit a furry museum. I'm sure that with time, they will adapt their perspective and find a way to accommodate Cassandra's preferences.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 13:44:03 (edited 2021-04-01 13:44:30)

cool beans

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:12:32 (edited 2021-04-01 14:16:45)

Awesome April Fools joke aside, I'd love to know if the updated backstories of the goth kids can be taken at face value...

(also oh my god that ending)

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:15:09

Your April Fools jokes never fail to amaze me for just how much work goes into them, it’s truly stunning

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:19:39 (edited 2021-04-01 14:20:02)

AWESOME 💖💖💖💖

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:21:55

At 4/1/21 03:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: As you’ve probably noticed, Friday Night Funkin’ is a really popular game. FNF is also a celebration of Newgrounds, featuring cameos by various characters from NG history.

One of those characters is Pico, from a game I made in 1999 called Pico’s School. As a result of FNF, thousands of people are discovering and playing Pico’s School every day now.

This makes me uncomfortable because I made Pico’s School 22 years ago and it’s all just sort of awkward to look at it now. There’s a lot I wish I had done differently, if I had more confidence in my ability to make a good game and if I had actually felt like the things I made mattered in the world, which I didn’t at the time. I didn’t even think I mattered.

Pico has been long overdue for revisions, so today I’ve updated Pico’s School with a restructured story to get it closer to the game I think it should have been.

I hope everyone understands why I felt this was necessary and respects my decision to make some changes. I think Pico’s School is a much stronger game as a result, let me know how you like it!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349

PICO NIGHT FUNKIN!! APRIL FOOLS!

Rawr!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:50:25

So it seem as if cassandra is truely a woman of culture.

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 14:51:34

who the fuck is paco

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:17:08

Herpes-free Nene but no fire-starting Darnell? Not inclusive enough.

DO IT AGAIN

It's time to get pissed off.

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:23:22

a have a question! is this a april fools joke?/gen

PUMKIN_BEE (aka me) OWNS THIS SHIT STEAL IT OR TRACE IT AND ILL END YOUR MERE EXISTANCE YOU MORON

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:33:57

At 4/1/21 03:26 AM, TomFulp wrote: As you’ve probably noticed, Friday Night Funkin’ is a really popular game. FNF is also a celebration of Newgrounds, featuring cameos by various characters from NG history.

One of those characters is Pico, from a game I made in 1999 called Pico’s School. As a result of FNF, thousands of people are discovering and playing Pico’s School every day now.

This makes me uncomfortable because I made Pico’s School 22 years ago and it’s all just sort of awkward to look at it now. There’s a lot I wish I had done differently, if I had more confidence in my ability to make a good game and if I had actually felt like the things I made mattered in the world, which I didn’t at the time. I didn’t even think I mattered.

Pico has been long overdue for revisions, so today I’ve updated Pico’s School with a restructured story to get it closer to the game I think it should have been.

I hope everyone understands why I felt this was necessary and respects my decision to make some changes. I think Pico’s School is a much stronger game as a result, let me know how you like it!

Pico will be timeless as infinity, we can all learn from his double personalities. This side of the coin shows a whole different perspective, I still think of the foolish act of Columbine to remind me this parallel universe. What a relief must've been for Pico and his (new) friends, thanks Tom!

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:44:19

At 4/1/21 03:26 AM, TomFulp wrote:

You sneaky sneak. Almost got me. Almost.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:46:14

*WHEEZE*iu_269517_7750060.jpg

an autistic (/srs) loser with anxiety and a thirst for fictional characters

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 15:55:00

you got the good ending: the school is not destroyed

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 16:10:01

That was fucking hilarious dude that ending also

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 16:42:46

At 4/1/21 02:12 PM, Greila wrote: Awesome April Fools joke aside, I'd love to know if the updated backstories of the goth kids can be taken at face value...

Yes, they can be!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 16:43:46 (edited 2021-04-01 16:44:14)

One of the most wholesome 1sts of April in history. Can we do this kind of thing again next year?

Crazy Artist, Roboticist and Programmer... that's about it.

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 16:44:43

fucking hilarious hopefully it gets posted on its own

breaking bad is so good, I've become a meth lord during my hiatus.

click on the picture to buy sum sweet crystal

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 16:48:03

I only realized it was a joke mid way through reading the post

breaking bad is so good, I've become a meth lord during my hiatus.

click on the picture to buy sum sweet crystal

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 17:21:23

Fucking hell, you almost fooled me with this until I remembered what day it is. This was the absolute highlight of my week.

Never change you crazy edgy bastard!

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 17:22:29

this is truly what AAA games fear nothing truly peaks this new update it's so hardcore and lore-driven

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 17:29:52

At 4/1/21 02:51 PM, squidly wrote: who the fuck is paco

Ligma balls

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 17:39:38

At 4/1/21 04:42 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/1/21 02:12 PM, Greila wrote: Awesome April Fools joke aside, I'd love to know if the updated backstories of the goth kids can be taken at face value...

Yes, they can be!

So, does this mean that Casandra is now canonically a furry?

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 18:06:17 (edited 2021-04-01 18:12:41)

Music makes everything better!

This version takes 1 MB while the original only takes 333 B. Must've been all those 3D graphics.

Well done!

"Hold me Gently, Kiss me Plenty!"

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 18:24:31

THE ABSOLUTE BEST UPTADE!

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 18:25:28

Is that a new game or other thing?

iu_269634_8761002.jpg

I'm just a guy who animates...

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 18:38:04

this is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. what an experience, playing a fresh new Pico's School for the very first time, just as I did over a decade ago. what an absolute treat

BBS Signature

Response to Pico's School 2021-04-01 18:44:09 (edited 2021-04-01 18:58:29)

I created this account just to comment on this. I actually like this! Even if I wasn't there when Pico's School was big, it's nice to see some insight on the story. It gives us lore that we didn't know before. I'm pretty sure no one knew Cyclops's name was Cyril, that Hanzou's real name was Harold, how Alucard got his Telekinesis powers, what were their motivations and why they were following Cassandra. I'd also like to add, the part where Pico introduced Boyfriend to Cassandra was also really cute!

Am I taking this too seriously even if it's just some April Fools joke and it probably has nothing to do with the canon lore? Yes, but do I care? Absolutelly not! Thinking too hard about things is my specialty lmao