00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Pixel Day!

6,852 Views | 60 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 17:43:23

At 1/23/20 07:13 AM, rhinctus wrote: Happy Pixel Day everyone!! LOVING the site skin, can't wait to see everyone's work.

Agreed! I love the new skin. the colors are beautiful. Pink and purple were an super awesome choice!

"Let your mind and imagination explode with creativity because the possibilities are limitless. The mind has no limit to what it can create." -Kaileah Nelson

© Copyright 2019

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 17:54:58

Happy Pixel Day all! Got my submission in, now it's time to reward myself by checking out all the other submissions! The Best Of this month is gon' be gud

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 19:37:53

Happy Pixel Day homies. I'm gonna play go play Super Soviet Missile Mastar in your honor @TomFulp.

iu_87768_1658435.png

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 19:40:20

Great year, lots of cool art. Everyone did great and I had a blast looking through all of it. Take care everyone, stay cool and keep up the great creative work!

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 19:48:57

Ok, I hope it's still before midnight in Newground's timezone, because I'm just testing if the medals work and I'm off to publish my game :P

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 20:10:03

At 1/23/20 07:48 PM, Notabla wrote: Ok, I hope it's still before midnight in Newground's timezone, because I'm just testing if the medals work and I'm off to publish my game :P

You'll be fine! We aren't too picky when it comes to late night releases.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 20:22:51

Site skin looks awesome! Can't wait to start voting on all the cool submissions this year!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 20:25:41

Happy Pixel Day to you too. Please keep the site like this for a month. It pleases my eyes.

I really don't know what to put on here.

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 21:02:13

The Pixel Day 2020 Collection page still says "here are some highlights from previous years" but everything on that page is from this year.

iu_87786_5484611.png

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 22:18:50

At 1/23/20 09:02 PM, GoodL wrote: The Pixel Day 2020 Collection page still says "here are some highlights from previous years" but everything on that page is from this year.

Oops fixed

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 22:19:40

At 1/23/20 09:33 PM, Lepy wrote: Oh man, this rules. Also what's with all the crunchy thumbnails??

That's something that started happening since we updated the thumbnailer with the new project system - new way isn't downsizing as well as the old way, it's noted but still needs to be addressed.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 22:32:30

Here I go ^.^

Happy Pixel Night everyone ;)

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-23 23:01:22

Alright im interested in pixel stuff so, Lets do this!

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 01:46:42

Fuck, I nearly missed it. I better go and browse the art portal now. Happy Pixel Day everyone!

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

Who walks away from a spider attack?

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 01:52:41

The portal was down for a bit, I think it was all the purple. Its back now.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 03:19:42

Pixel Day is past for me, but there's still a lot of voting and reviewing to be done. I got my full Triple EXP yesterday, which I don't think I've managed on previous occasions! I was really flabbergasted by the amount of talent and submissions this year.

P.S. the site skin looks badass and it was totally immersing last night, I felt like I was on a mission.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 03:23:18

At 1/23/20 12:44 PM, PhantomArcade wrote: Pixel day is the coziest NG holiday

Cozy!? This is war, soldier! Get back on the front lines!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 04:26:25

Totally missed out on the 3x XP because of busy day!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 07:27:51

Could we change the default sorting on the tag page to "by Date"? Because with the "by Score" sorting, entries with less than 5 votings will not be shown.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 07:38:48

At 1/23/20 11:11 AM, funymony wrote: Happy Pixel day Everybody!

Also, HA!!! Loving the Newgrounds retrowave aesthetic!
Just in time with the right colors to go with my new computer!

That is one pretty bad ass looking setup! Must ask: specs, and what kind of screen is that? Gigantic tablet as main monitor?

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 07:39:02

At 1/24/20 07:27 AM, Manderby wrote: Could we change the default sorting on the tag page to "by Date"? Because with the "by Score" sorting, entries with less than 5 votings will not be shown.

The difficult thing here is "by Date" doesn't put our best foot forward, while by Relevancy or Views favors submissions that uploaded early and got some extra views.

It might be best that die-hard users find and vote for every submission, getting them all above the five vote threshold. One of the problems with NG is that casual visitors often get the impression it's a site full of low quality content, when really we've just been trying to give everyone a shot - but for things like Pixel Day to really succeed I think casual visitors need to see the best stuff quickly; we might only get one click from a lot of them (from the front page to the list of entries).

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 07:53:49

Thanks! :D

The monitor is a 24HD Cintiq from 2012.

The PC build is

MSI MPG X570 motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

XFX Radeon RX 5700

2 x 16GB sticks of DDR4 3200 Ram

1TB m.2 hard drive

all in a ThermalTake V200 case (I don't like it, too small. Hassle to install hard drives and CPU fans. I should of went with a bigger case.)

Had to upgrade my rig because my previous build was from 2012.

It had issues with screen capture, streaming, and it was still running Windows 7.

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 08:59:40 (edited 2020-01-24 09:00:31)

Happy Pixel Day @TomFulp :D

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 17:42:34

At 1/23/20 06:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: Happy Pixel Day!

Pixel Day is an annual NG celebration of the pixel art form. You can participate by making original pixel art, animation, games or chiptunes and using the pixelday2020 tag.

There are prizes!

Best Art - $100
Best Animation - $100
Best Game - $100
Best Music - $100

Today is also a Triple XP day; log 30 XP by voting on at least 15 items and help us determine the best of Pixel Day.

Pixel Day started as a suggestion by @RealFaction and was first celebrated in 2016. Today is the five year anniversary!

The Pixel Day site skin and promo art this year is once again by @moawling, who creates some killer pixel cities for us to inhabit.

Newgrounds is also hosting a Phaser Game Jam. If you have a game you’ve made with pixel art that hasn’t been shared on NG, today would be a great day to do it!

Should that give be a homage or something to that "nightmare cops" game you're part of?

Because it kinda reminds me of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-24 19:35:07 (edited 2020-01-24 19:40:32)

At 1/24/20 07:39 AM, TomFulp wrote: It might be best that die-hard users find and vote for every submission, getting them all above the five vote threshold. One of the problems with NG is that casual visitors often get the impression it's a site full of low quality content, when really we've just been trying to give everyone a shot - but for things like Pixel Day to really succeed I think casual visitors need to see the best stuff quickly; we might only get one click from a lot of them (from the front page to the list of entries).

I understand that reasoning. Though it would be nice to see those entries with less than 4 ratings at the bottom at least...

EDIT: Wait, I just found out. That is actually only the problem with audio! Movies and games show up just fine. I vote for activating the "under judgement" display in audio too.

Otherwise, go contestants and vote for your life! I've certainly done it. Got some really interesting audio stuff this year. Again. As always of course!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-25 15:12:02 (edited 2020-01-25 15:26:18)

At 1/25/20 10:56 AM, SethSkoda wrote: I honestly don't believe that it would be a good idea. Especially for new guys who aren't yet scouted and can't get their stuff out there. They could be blammed into oblivion before having any chance of getting useful feedback.

I don't get the logic in that argumentation. Entries which are blam-worthy will be blammed no matter what. But currently, there are still about 10 audio entries in the contest which do not show up unless you change the sorting. And most of them are far from blam-worthy. In fact, most are par to other entries or better. I mean two of your entries as well is not listed. I have a doubt that yours are getting blammed... Don't you want to be listed? Did I misunderstand your argument?

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-25 15:44:25

At 1/25/20 03:32 PM, SethSkoda wrote: Wait, my entry doesn't show for you? Huh.

I am talking about the following page, to which I (and all new users of Newgrounds out there) get by clicking on the PixelDay-Banner on the startpage and then clickin on the audio tab:

https://www.newgrounds.com/search/conduct/audio?sort=score-desc&match=tags&tags=pixelday2020

Your two "Lucid Lava" entries are not listed, and I actually like them.

But you did misunderstand my argument.
I was talking about unscouted artists (I was never unscouted, as I first uploaded in 2009 and was approved by audio moderators). Some are new to making music and need feedback in order to improve. If they get blammed because their music really does suck, they will likely give up. I wouldn't want to see this site doing that to people. That's not what we're about.

Ok, I thought so, that I did misunderstand it. I agree, this site is not about banning people before getting feedback. So... I would say that listing the entries with less than 5 votings is actually a good idea in that respect because that gives more audiences the possibility to actually see them and give them feedback, instead of vanishing into oblivion without getting considered... especially for a contest like this... Believe me, being unscouted sucks, not getting listed sucks.

Entries which are blam-worthy will be blammed no matter what.
Check out Meanie-Sturgill's page and then retract that statement.

Ok. Point taken. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-25 21:35:00

Moawling nailed it on the Pixel Day theme. It really has an ambient feeling to it.

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-26 00:10:43

Hi, I wanted to say happy pixel day and I expect a lot from the creativity of this community!

Response to Happy Pixel Day! 2020-01-29 06:41:28 (edited 2020-01-29 06:43:21)

At 1/24/20 07:53 AM, funymony wrote: The monitor is a 24HD Cintiq from 2012.

Oooh it really is a tablet! Pricey stuff too, nice.

The PC build is
MSI MPG X570 motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
XFX Radeon RX 5700
2 x 16GB sticks of DDR4 3200 Ram
1TB m.2 hard drive

And that's all as powerful as it looks too. 8 GB GPU, SSD on a full TB...

all in a ThermalTake V200 case (I don't like it, too small. Hassle to install hard drives and CPU fans. I should of went with a bigger case.)

Does look pretty big though. :) All the newer minimalist design's cool too but it doesn't really showcase the power the same way. For sure, the bigger the better, long as you have room for it.

Had to upgrade my rig because my previous build was from 2012.
It had issues with screen capture, streaming, and it was still running Windows 7.

Now I'm curious about the specs on the old one... I'm currently running one from 2009, but with a little upgraded RAM it's still going fine. Assuming I don't run nearly as heavy software on it though. XD

This is impressive.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature