00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CycloneZone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Damn, people dont get it!

1,273 Views | 19 Replies

Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 09:18:40

Ok, Its been a while since i posted in this forum, but i would just like to mention something.

Recently, since tuesday (you all know what happened) i have been inundated with emails saying things like "you Evil Bitch" and "your a heartless bastard, go suck bin ladens cock" etc... I have come to realise that this is because of my "terrorist" style movie that i released back in march. (Hostage Situation 2)

Can i please say that FFS, some ppl have problems, can they not see that it was a coincidence, and that its just a mini movie about a plane hi-jack. How in the name of Zeus's A-Hole could i have known that these events were going to take place.

Basically, i am just saying that i am as shocked as all, my movie is not ment to offend, and it WILL stay in the portal. It took 4 months to create, my own hard work, its a coincidence like i said, so i would appreciate it if people could understand.

I am not a Heartless bastard,

-BEAST

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 09:34:00

The people who are saying this have probably just recently stumbled upon your movie and didn't bother to look at the date of submission. Most people on the BBS probably know better. Hostage Situation 2 is one of the best movies in the portal.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 09:54:59

At 9/17/01 09:18 AM, BEAST wrote: Ok, Its been a while since i posted in this forum, but i would just like to mention something.

Recently, since tuesday (you all know what happened) i have been inundated with emails saying things like "you Evil Bitch" and "your a heartless bastard, go suck bin ladens cock" etc... I have come to realise that this is because of my "terrorist" style movie that i released back in march. (Hostage Situation 2)

Can i please say that FFS, some ppl have problems, can they not see that it was a coincidence, and that its just a mini movie about a plane hi-jack. How in the name of Zeus's A-Hole could i have known that these events were going to take place.

Basically, i am just saying that i am as shocked as all, my movie is not ment to offend, and it WILL stay in the portal. It took 4 months to create, my own hard work, its a coincidence like i said, so i would appreciate it if people could understand.

-BEAST

Whoa mate, that stinks. Don't pay any attention to it. For some this tragedy has brought them closer to others, and for the remainder, it is merely an excuse to lash out and be angry. You're right, they're wrong...remember that :)

-Ed

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 10:11:16

At 9/17/01 09:18 AM, BEAST wrote: Ok, Its been a while since i posted in this forum, but i would just like to mention something.

-BEAST

yeah, a couple people wanted me to take the mad arab out of some of the eskimo bob credits because the name might offend people but i don't see the point in changing it. if anyone asks i'll just say the guy is of lebanese descent and he doesn't agree with bin laden's side, cuz it's the truth, but there's no point in rewriting the past.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 14:57:39

-BEAST

Isn't your movie anti-terrorist?

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:22:47

-BEAST

I've never ever gotten any hate mail ever, then since tuesday i've gotten two of them and my movies aren't even about terrorism! People are getting really sensitive to blood, violence, and fat people all of a sudden.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:24:55

At 9/17/01 09:18 AM, BEAST wrote: Basically, i am just saying that i am as shocked as all, my movie is not ment to offend, and it WILL stay in the portal. It took 4 months to create, my own hard work, its a coincidence like i said, so i would appreciate it if people could understand.

-BEAST

Damn straight... I got a lot of flack for Shotgun Man after Columbine, and now I get shit for the frontpage of Pico - which really is a creepy preminition now that I think about it. I haven't removed either.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:31:18

At 9/17/01 06:24 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/17/01 09:18 AM, BEAST wrote: Basically, i am just saying that i am as shocked as all, my movie is not ment to offend, and it WILL stay in the portal. It took 4 months to create, my own hard work, its a coincidence like i said, so i would appreciate it if people could understand.

-BEAST
Damn straight... I got a lot of flack for Shotgun Man after Columbine, and now I get shit for the frontpage of Pico - which really is a creepy preminition now that I think about it. I haven't removed either.

-Tom

I always thought Pico fought the school shooters and prevent a total destruction of the school. People are just too damn sensitive, overtly sensitive.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:33:56

At 9/17/01 06:24 PM, TomFulp wrote:

-BEAST

-Tom

That should go for the same with all the things that are closely related to the terrorist attack. Don't fall down to those stupid ignorant morons, it will take at least a month or so before things cool down. God I hope Konami doesn't delay Metal Gear Solid 2, I'm sure the parents group and activists will go apeshit. This are the same dimwits who go crazy all about Columbine and in a month or so, they're like "What???" Don't take down your movie BEAST, they ain't going to do a damn thing to you.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:35:11

All overtly sensitive people NEED TO GET A LIFE, A REAL LIFE!! STUPID SENSITIVE PEOPLE!! THEY SHOULD ALL BE SHOT!!

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 18:39:25

-BEAST

Sorry to hear that BEAST (BTW, you kick ass!) There are some sequences in Definity I storyboarded out about 3 weeks ago that involve blowing up buildings and air-based vehicles crashing into buildings, but I've decided to keep them in.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 19:58:20

Can you post the hate mail and their e-mail addresses?

I like to laugh at people's stupidity.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 20:15:48

At 9/17/01 07:58 PM, Shrapnel wrote: Can you post the hate mail and their e-mail addresses?

I can use their e-mail addresses and go to a site and sign them up for spam and give them shit loads of spam. This will teach the stupid people.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 20:24:08

At 9/17/01 08:15 PM, NewYorkGuy wrote:
At 9/17/01 07:58 PM, Shrapnel wrote: Can you post the hate mail and their e-mail addresses?

I can use their e-mail addresses and go to a site and sign them up for spam and give them shit loads of spam. This will teach the stupid people.

SSSSSsssssHHHhhhhhh!!!!

These are also the same kind of people who spread around worm viruses.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 23:36:10

p00p.

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 23:41:41

people are actualy blameing you for that lol what dicks maby they should look at the time it was posted on the portal its a long fucking time be for that other airplane thing

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-17 23:56:50

Hostage situaiton movie=good
morons who write mean emails=bad

p00p+n00g=w00t

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-19 08:44:47

Thankyou for your reasurance people, Some nice points made, for example, my movie is "ANTI-Terrorism" that made me chuckle when i thought of what was written in the emails.

Just like to say, these were not a major deal, they dont effect me, but i am merely making a point like many of you said, that there is alot of anger loose at the moment, and its effecting the wrong people.

Lastly, i would post the emailers address', but i feel retaliating with mass lame "12-year-old-esque" comments is just dumb. However, i will leave you with roughly what one of them said.. (i deleted it, so im roughly stating what they said)..

"You heartless BASTARD, are you an arab or something? your flash was so unfunny, why the fuck did you make this shit. you whore (though i remember distinctly, he spelt it "horre",...f00) you go and fuck off back to afghanistan, we will nuke the shit out of your family!!!!!"

Just a rough sample of one of them, very nice chapp isnt he/she lol

-BEAST

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-19 09:53:44

-BEAST

Dont worry I dont think your a bastard.

Those fucks that said that to you have no idea how stupid they are.

It was a fantastic peice of flash.

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Damn, people dont get it! 2001-09-19 12:31:15

BEAST, there are morons on the Portal who are offended by anything. They're trying to take down at least one other movie because it's about a hijacking. Your movie is anti-terrorist, and incredible at that. It's one of the first movies I saw on NG, and still one of my favorites.