00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted PeintiumMHX supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Americans More WIlling To Give UP

1,432 Views | 13 Replies

Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 18:42:03

In the Gallup poll article, people are willing to give up their freedom in the name of security, which is more like false sense of security. I think this is an emotional response to what happened. People are guided by emotions too much.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr010914c.asp

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 18:47:23

At 9/15/01 06:46 PM, Zefierias wrote:
People are guided by emotions too much.
True.. When it come to situatiopns like these, people tend to think with their heart and with emotions rather than their heads and their common sense.

I'm just glad I'm in the land of peacekeeping pussies.

Over time, it will change hopefully. People will not be willing to give up their freedom. Civil liberties will prevail.

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 20:53:56

True.. When it come to situatiopns like these, people tend to think with their heart and with emotions rather than their heads and their common sense.

can i live in your attic/garage/basement when i flee to Canada?

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 21:51:15

At 9/15/01 08:53 PM, untitled wrote:

I think I'm going to set up a tent in my backyard for NG refugees.

I will help you all relocate to the Interior where there is plenty of room for everyone.

Then we shall dig huge bunkers into the Earth where we can hide when the nukes start flying.

We shall then emerge from the ashes of fallen humanity to start a new civilization.

A new civilization where rabbits are our Gods.

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 23:30:54

At 9/15/01 06:42 PM, NewYorkGuy wrote: In the Gallup poll article, people are willing to give up their freedom in the name of security,

Hah! People are willing to give up freedom for security but say they value it most and are are willing to die to protect their freedoms at the same time :)

Hell, I know I value security over freedom, I have no qualms about that... it's really more an issue of do you value your CONVENIENCE over your security anyway, not really your freedom.

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-15 23:39:07

At 9/15/01 06:42 PM, NewYorkGuy wrote: In the Gallup poll article, people are willing to give up their freedom in the name of security, which is more like false sense of security. I think this is an emotional response to what happened. People are guided by emotions too much.

i think it said that on "channel one" too.

Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 00:06:57

At 9/15/01 11:39 PM, Mr_Congeniality wrote:
At 9/15/01 06:42 PM, NewYorkGuy wrote: In the Gallup poll article, people are willing to give up their freedom in the name of security, which is more like false sense of security. I think this is an emotional response to what happened. People are guided by emotions too much.
i think it said that on "channel one" too.

You have channel one too!?!?! Man!! I have never met anyone else who has to watch that crap!

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 00:12:09

bin laden can't hide for long..

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 00:43:29

At 9/15/01 09:51 PM, Shrapnel wrote:

I will help you all relocate to the Interior where there is plenty of room for everyone.

Then we shall dig huge bunkers into the Earth where we can hide when the nukes start flying.

We shall then emerge from the ashes of fallen humanity to start a new civilization.

Count me in...

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 18:14:00

Here's another poll done by MSNBC/Newseek.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/629455.asp?0cb=-61a24124

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 20:42:57

At 9/15/01 09:51 PM, Shrapnel wrote: A new civilization where rabbits are our Gods.

A new superrace of NGBBS regulars. That'd be wacked out.

>:C

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 20:46:38

At 9/15/01 09:51 PM, Shrapnel wrote:

OK, I'll look for the guy with the paperbag on his head.

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 20:48:43

At 9/15/01 09:51 PM, Shrapnel wrote: I think I'm going to set up a tent in my backyard for NG refugees.

I'm not gonna be ruled by a bunch of cockroaches with fur (rabbits).

Response to Americans More WIlling To Give UP 2001-09-16 20:58:39

I think everyone is overreacting. There's a big difference between civil liberties and true freedom.

Airports, for instance, aren't taking away your right to fly, or any other freedom. Simply instead of being able to just waltz on a plane without being checked for anything, you're given a once over to make sure that you don't have anything that could be used to harm fellow passengers. I mean, if they had a way to simply detect human intentions it wouldn't be necissary, but they don't. I would hardly call it an infringement on your freedom.